PDA

View Full Version : #9

Bocephus
11-05-2015, 11:57 PM
I have not seen all the hoopla about JG. Great athlete but not a great football player at this stage in his career. You can see the talent, but it's not shown on the field yet

msstate7
11-05-2015, 11:59 PM
Not sure why you started a thread to rip graham. He's essentially a freshman at CB... Cut em a little slack

Charlie_Sheen420
11-06-2015, 12:02 AM
I have not seen all the hoopla about JG. Great athlete but not a great football player.

Geeze dude....give him some freaking playing time before you call him out, he's filling in for a hurt secondary, like already said he's basically a freshman, and it's not like he has been getting a bulk of the reps...get real dude and give him some time...

AFDawg
11-06-2015, 12:03 AM
He drinks his whiskey by the gallon.

tireddawg
11-06-2015, 12:06 AM
He's a very good athlete, intelligent & a student of the game. He'll be fine. You could tell he knew he made a mistake on the 1 play. He'll get better

Bothrops
11-06-2015, 12:19 AM
He's a receiver and should go back to offense, period.

Irondawg
11-06-2015, 12:33 AM
i think he could be a good cornerwith some diligent work in offseason. He's got a learning curve though and the most immediate thing to me is on 3rd and 12 you don't need to be giving a 15 yard cushion.

RougeDawg
11-06-2015, 01:12 AM
He drinks his whiskey by the gallon.

He casts a shadow, in complete darkness.

WesternSkyDawg
11-06-2015, 01:20 AM
He's a receiver and should go back to offense, period.

Hey Brothrops,

You're an idiot.

Smokey's contributing.

Kiss this Bulldog's ass.

WF '94

EdDawg
11-06-2015, 07:08 AM
I'm sure Diaz tells the corners to just go out there and play anywhere they want.***

If he's giving a big cushion it's because he's being told to do so.

The one thing I look for in young corners is if they come up and tackle. Graham will be a decent to good corner for us, because he is willing to come up and make a tackle. The rest can be learned in an offseason, and he will begin to rely on his instincts more as he gets more comfortable in his role.

Bothrops
11-06-2015, 10:44 AM
Hey Brothrops,

You're an idiot.

Smokey's contributing.

Kiss this Bulldog's ass.

WF '94

I'm an idiot because he would contribute more as a receiver?? GTFO

mic
11-06-2015, 11:00 AM
I'm an idiot because he would contribute more as a receiver?? GTFO

Who would he get snaps over who at WR??
And he is the number 4 CB right now.. Plays 10x more than he would if he were on offense...
He is just a soph.. Let's see what he does next couple of years...

Bothrops
11-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Who would he get snaps over who at WR??
And he is the number 4 CB right now.. Plays 10x more than he would if he were on offense...
He is just a soph.. Let's see what he does next couple of years...

He would already be a veteran receiver if it were up to me, so he would be playing as much or more than he does now. Although, I think he will be a good corner, he is too explosive with the ball. He was a dangerous wr.

mic
11-06-2015, 11:45 AM
I agree he is electric with the ball in his hands.. That's the problem it never seemed to stay in his hands..
I wouldn't mind seeing him back on KOR with Gray... We need to limit the hits Holloway takes...
I think JG will take a huge step between now and next year at the CB position...

Dawg Corps
11-06-2015, 11:49 AM
I think defensive back is right where he needs to be. He's a heck of an athlete, just give him time to adjust.

defiantdog
11-06-2015, 12:12 PM
I have not seen all the hoopla about JG. Great athlete but not a great football player at this stage in his career. You can see the talent, but it's not shown on the field yet

Thanks for your input Bocephus. Smokey has the enthusiasm and drive to be successful. Will Redmond struggled his first season at State as well. I think Smokey is going to be a dynamic DB once he gets more confidence at the position.