PDA

View Full Version : Rumors swirling in Athens - Pruitt could be out as early as today...

HancockCountyDog
11-05-2015, 12:03 PM
He is an elite recruiter that will have a job in minutes, but the word is that there was "heated" dispute within the UGA program and he could be out.

It looks like barring a 4-0 finish to the season, that Richt will be asked to leave. Looking at the schedule, I would think 4-0 is very doable, but it will be a very interesting month in Athens.

It will be interesting for us as well, UGA is the only job in the country that worries me with Mullen. The only one.

MetEdDawg
11-05-2015, 12:11 PM
He is an elite recruiter that will have a job in minutes, but the word is that there was "heated" dispute within the UGA program and he could be out.

It looks like barring a 4-0 finish to the season, that Richt will be asked to leave. Looking at the schedule, I would think 4-0 is very doable, but it will be a very interesting month in Athens.

It will be interesting for us as well, UGA is the only job in the country that worries me with Mullen. The only one.

I actually think Auburn takes UGA. Auburn is getting better and UGA is getting worse and that would ultimately be the demise of Richt. And that is the game that determines Auburn's bowl eligibility. They will lose to TAMU this weekend, then they end with UGA, Idaho, Alabama. They currently have 4 wins. If they want to get to 6, they have to beat UGA so that Idaho is their 6th win. I think they beat UGA and that essentially puts the nail in the Richt tenure at UGA.

spiritual_machine2005
11-05-2015, 12:14 PM

If true, this has to help with the recruitment of 5 star Derrick Brown.

HancockCountyDog
11-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Wow, Richt just tweeted out that Pruitt is working today.

The fact that he responded on twitter so quickly tells me there is a lot of smoke to the rumors that Pruitt won't be there past the bowl game.

Lets go get Derrick Brown and try and see if there is anyone else out there that we can steal. Apparently Michigan and Florida are already poaching recruits/commits.

engie
11-05-2015, 12:24 PM
If true, this has to help with the recruitment of 5 star Derrick Brown.

Come in iseenit...

BrunswickDawg
11-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Not a fan of SDS, but they say it is not smoke but fire - http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/usa-today-scoop-georgia-coaching-turmoil/

Pruitt and Schottenheimer to be gone, McGarrity wanted Richt gone last year and needs to win, and Dan is the lead candidate for replacement.

Interesting times in the Classic City.

msstate7
11-05-2015, 12:57 PM
If Mullen says he's leaving, I call Herman at Houston immediately

Charlie_Sheen420
11-05-2015, 01:05 PM
Just curious, does anyone know if Mullen has a buyout, and what the amount of that buyout is?

dawgs
11-05-2015, 01:09 PM

Yep or fuente at Memphis.

starkvegasdawg
11-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Hud to....oh nevermind.

basedog
11-05-2015, 01:13 PM
Pretty sure Dan has a pretty good buyout plus he has 3 more years on his contract. As for as SDS. I wouldn't much stock in what they say.

I trust ED much more than SDS.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-05-2015, 01:17 PM
Pretty sure Dan has a pretty good buyout plus he has 3 more years on his contract. As for as SDS. I wouldn't much stock in what they say.

I trust ED much more than SDS.

I'm more concerned about the USA Today article...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2015/11/05/georgia-football-coach-mark-richt/75214044/

Bothrops
11-05-2015, 01:22 PM
There will be a ton of coaching jobs available after the end of the season. Hypothetically speaking, if we had to get a coach and got either one of those guys, we'd be extremely lucky.

BrunswickDawg
11-05-2015, 01:22 PM
I'm more concerned about the USA Today article...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2015/11/05/georgia-football-coach-mark-richt/75214044/

Pretty much the same article - not surprised to see SDS plagiarized it...

Political Hack
11-05-2015, 01:30 PM
Have they become the most average athletic department in the SEC (in regards to the big 3)?

Political Hack
11-05-2015, 01:32 PM
If Dan ever leaves, this would be a likely year for that IMO.

FISHDAWG
11-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Not a fan of SDS, but they say it is not smoke but fire - http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/usa-today-scoop-georgia-coaching-turmoil/

Pruitt and Schottenheimer to be gone, McGarrity wanted Richt gone last year and needs to win, and Dan is the lead candidate for replacement.

Interesting times in the Classic City.

after hearing that fanbase complain about winning seasons (and I have heard it first hand and a LOT from living there 30 years) I don't know why any coach that is currently successful would even consider UGA .... those folks will never be satisfied with anything short of a national title every other year

defiantdog
11-05-2015, 01:38 PM
The media expects Mullen to move eventually. But Morehead has a stronghold on keeping tradition within their athletics program. If Richt decides to step down, they'll go after someone that can coach Georgia football with a Georgia mind. No big time school wants to have a failed experiment like Rich Rod in Michigan. But Georgia isn't going to fire Richt, he'll have to step down himself. If they keep losing, I can see that happening. But I also see my boy Pruitt leaving at the end of the season..... I think he may be a bit too fiery for laid back Richt.

HancockCountyDog
11-05-2015, 01:40 PM
If Dan ever leaves, this would be a likely year for that IMO.

Totally agree - if he UGA opens up and he stays, he is here as long as we want. I think he stays regardless, but depending on who leaves early, he could see next year as a rebuilding year and knows that UGA is a sleeping giant.

It really is a great fit for CDM, and I can't begrudge him if he did leave, I mean it is UGA. Its a top 5-10 job. If he does take it, I will be stunned if he doesn't make the playoffs within 4 years.

maroonmania
11-05-2015, 01:57 PM
The media expects Mullen to move eventually. But Morehead has a stronghold on keeping tradition within their athletics program. If Richt decides to step down, they'll go after someone that can coach Georgia football with a Georgia mind. No big time school wants to have a failed experiment like Rich Rod in Michigan. But Georgia isn't going to fire Richt, he'll have to step down himself. If they keep losing, I can see that happening. But I also see my boy Pruitt leaving at the end of the season..... I think he may be a bit too fiery for laid back Richt.

And that's our best scenario, Richt stays but the defensive staff is totally redone giving us a better shot at Brown. And goodness knows we do well recruiting guys with the last name Brown. We already have about 15 players on the roster with that last name.

BrunswickDawg
11-05-2015, 01:59 PM
after hearing that fanbase complain about winning seasons (and I have heard it first hand and a LOT from living there 30 years) I don't know why any coach that is currently successful would even consider UGA .... those folks will never be satisfied with anything short of a national title every other year
Grew up an UGA fan and was going there until MSU came calling. I never realized how irrational they are until I moved back. The thing is, outside of the Herschel Era they have always been a mediocre program compared to what they think they should be and the perception of their resources. Prior to Herschel, Dooley had won 3 SEC titles in 13 years, only 1 of which was outright. After Herschel they went 12 years until their next title. That is the definition of mediocre.

UGA's big problem is that even though GA has a huge amount of talent UGA has never locked it down in recruiting. Look through the AJC Super 11 every year and UGA gets 3-4. And it isn't because they don't play the game on the crootin' side or the academic side (google Jan Kemp). They might come after Dan, but ultimately I think they get someone almost just like Richt, and they trudge on cursed to 9 win seasons.

War Machine Dawg
11-05-2015, 02:08 PM

Fuente > Herman

mstatefan91
11-05-2015, 02:13 PM
So, does that whole "no poaching coaches" rule not actually exist? I see that thrown around quite a bit and then ignored just as much...

Dawg61
11-05-2015, 02:13 PM
Georgia is an SEC school. Therefore Georgia can not poach our head coach. Mullen IS NOT GOING TO GEORGIA.

mstatefan91
11-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Georgia is an SEC school. Therefore Georgia can not poach our head coach. Mullen IS NOT GOING TO GEORGIA.
This is what I was curious about

War Machine Dawg
11-05-2015, 02:22 PM
So, does that whole "no poaching coaches" rule not actually exist? I see that thrown around quite a bit and then ignored just as much...

Despite Dawg61's adamant claim, there is no rule that prevents it from happening. It is privately discouraged behind closed doors, but if a school wants another SEC HC badly enough, they can get him. But D61 apparently can't understand or accept that nuance. I wouldn't be at al surprised if UGA comes after Mullen. And if he goes, so be it. Seriously, name the last coach to leave MSU for a "better" job. Daryl Royal, maybe?

If Dan leaves, it's because he's (obviously) done one hell of a job improving the program and we're in position to make a great hire. I'll wish him well and be excited to see who we bring in. Frankly, we're in the best position both from a competitve/talent standpoint and from a financial standpoint than we've ever been to bring in a top tier coach, should Mullen go.

MSUDawg4Life
11-05-2015, 02:23 PM
I'm not worried about it.

We haven't seen a SEC head coach leave one school for another in a long time. I do believe there's a gentleman's agreement that we won't do that. It weakens the conference to poach each others coaches.

The SEC will be better if Georgia, or any other school, goes outside of the conference to bring in the best coach they can. Thereby keeping the collective group of coaches in the conference as strong as possible.

Dawg61
11-05-2015, 02:32 PM
Despite Dawg61's adamant claim, there is no rule that prevents it from happening. It is privately discouraged behind closed doors, but if a school wants another SEC HC badly enough, they can get him. But D61 apparently can't understand or accept that nuance. I wouldn't be at al surprised if UGA comes after Mullen. And if he goes, so be it. Seriously, name the last coach to leave MSU for a "better" job. Daryl Royal, maybe?

If Dan leaves, it's because he's (obviously) done one hell of a job improving the program and we're in position to make a great hire. I'll wish him well and be excited to see who we bring in. Frankly, we're in the best position both from a competitve/talent standpoint and from a financial standpoint than we've ever been to bring in a top tier coach, should Mullen go.

How many times has an SEC head coach been poached by another SEC school since 1998? Zero. Mullen WILL NOT be the 1st one in 18 years to be poached.

blacklistedbully
11-05-2015, 02:45 PM
How many times has an SEC head coach been poached by another SEC school since 1998? Zero. Mullen WILL NOT be the 1st one in 18 years to be poached.

If they let a DC go from one SEC program to another, they can damn sure let a HC go. And if y'all think the SEC offices give much of a damn about us as they do UGA, you are crazy. And I don't care about it being HC vs DC, they allowed a, "lateral move" of a key position to another SEC program.

I hope like hell they throw us some shade on this one, but I wouldn't count on it. How many times in the past have we been the, "sacrificial lamb" for the SEC?

vv83
11-05-2015, 02:55 PM
And that's our best scenario, Richt stays but the defensive staff is totally redone giving us a better shot at Brown. And goodness knows we do well recruiting guys with the last name Brown. We already have about 15 players on the roster with that last name.

If we add 2 more in February I will be ecstatic

Dawg61
11-05-2015, 02:57 PM
If they let a DC go from one SEC program to another, they can damn sure let a HC go. And if y'all think the SEC offices give much of a damn about us as they do UGA, you are crazy. And I don't care about it being HC vs DC, they allowed a, "lateral move" of a key position to another SEC program.

I hope like hell they throw us some shade on this one, but I wouldn't count on it. How many times in the past have we been the, "sacrificial lamb" for the SEC?

Coordinators are fair game. Nobody has said differently. Head coaches are not fair game.

Homedawg
11-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Just curious, does anyone know if Mullen has a buyout, and what the amount of that buyout is?

Um his buyout is basically non existent. It won't stop him from leaving if he wanted to let's put it like that.

Homedawg
11-05-2015, 03:01 PM

I repeat again, that's just wrong. Mullen might not go to uga but it won't be because the league stops him. Just wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

smootness
11-05-2015, 03:02 PM
I would be pretty shocked if UGA even showed serious interest in Mullen.

mstatefan91
11-05-2015, 03:06 PM
I don't think UGA would go after Mullen unless their top candidates don't pan out. They would want a big time hire.

Maroon_and_white
11-05-2015, 03:19 PM
I don't think UGA would go after Mullen unless their top candidates don't pan out. They would want a big time hire.

Dan Mullen is going to be a big time hire when we go 10-2 or 9-3 and win our bowl game... just sayin..

mstatefan91
11-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Dan Mullen is going to be a big time hire when we go 10-2 or 9-3 and win our bowl game... just sayin..

Dan Mullen is brash and rubs people the wrong way. Like it or not, that helps us.

Dawg61
11-05-2015, 03:31 PM
I repeat again, that's just wrong. Mullen might not go to uga but it won't be because the league stops him. Just wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Where's your proof in the last eighteen years? Shirley it's happened at least once since 1998 right?

blacklistedbully
11-05-2015, 03:44 PM
Where's your proof in the last eighteen years? Shirley it's happened at least once since 1998 right?

Why would it? What coaches have MSU, UNM, UK, or Vandy had that the other SEC schools wanted before now? CJS was the only one I can think of, and he had MSU ties. Perhaps Franklin, but he hadn't acomplished as much as Dan has. And CJS had a lot of baggage hanging over his head.

I have heard the same thing other's have stated, that Slive frowned upon it, and schools respected Slive enough to not challenge him. But it was never a rule. We don't know how Sankey feels about it,

32 Dive
11-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Uneducated guesses as why Dan wouldn't want the UGA job, if in case there was high interest:

1) At State, Salary:Expectations is a lot higher than UGA. If you want to stay somewhere longer than 4-5 years, that is a number that is the paramount ratio. If it would have been 2010, when he was making 1/2 of what he is now, then it would make a lot more sense.

2) Stars matter there, too. The UGA alumni wouldn't let Dan get away with "developmentally recruiting", either. Than again, he wouldn't have to. But, he would have to turn his head at a lot of things, that he would not allow from our Alumni. Memories of UF are probably similar to what goes at UGA.

3) He still has some equity built up, here. He would probably want some of that good feeling to erode, before trying for a "lateral move." The goose is still happily laying those $4,000,000 eggs.

I think Dan leaves, when a school from another conference comes along, in similar circumstances to what we had a few years ago: Botom half school in conference, with new cash flow, and commitment to winning. Some place with average/bad facilities, but is willing to make it right. He gets to build, be the man, and have time to put everything into motion. We are in a unique situation, with what we have. Until Dan's relationship with the alumni/fans sours a bit, the fit is just too good.

Now if by chance, UGA is one of those personal "destination jobs," for Dan, then all bets are off. I think only Dan, Megan, and the Good Lord know what those are.

BrunswickDawg
11-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Uneducated guesses as why Dan wouldn't want the UGA job, if in case there was high interest:
2) Stars matter there, too. The UGA alumni wouldn't let Dan get away with "developmentally recruiting", either. Than again, he wouldn't have to. But, he would have to turn his head at a lot of things, that he would not allow from our Alumni. Memories of UF are probably similar to what goes at UGA.

Well, UGA hasn't had any murderers on their team, so that have that going for them..
But, while Richt is strong the discipline, look at the sheer volume of kids he has had to either suspend or kick of the team for alcohol, pot, theft, and battery. To me that sends up red flags about the type players in the program. The alums respect the toughness, but it doesn't keep them from wanting you to sign that 4 star with a question mark in his record. Would Dan be willing to make that compromise?
If you have spent any time in Athens, you know it is a serious distraction and makes it a tough place to keep a team focused. A lot of kids can't handle it as a regular 18 year old, let alone an athlete getting "perks". Would Dan want to put up with constantly having to nanny the kids in that setting?

I wouldn't.

deltadawg99
11-05-2015, 04:07 PM
UGA faithful would want a splash hire. I'm not sure Mullen would be considered a splash hire the blue bloods of UGA.

Brahmabull
11-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Sure Dan would want the job. 95% of college coaches would want the GA job, but I don't see Dan getting the GA job.

TUSK
11-05-2015, 04:12 PM

Jeremy won't be without work long... I'd love to have that cat back in TTown...

TUSK
11-05-2015, 04:15 PM
UGA faithful would want a splash hire. I'm not sure Mullen would be considered a splash hire the blue bloods of UGA.

I think this is correct.

I definitely could see "feelers" being sent out in both directions, however...

gravedigger
11-05-2015, 04:27 PM
Logic 101. The sound of cowbells keeps away martians.

Proof: nobody can show me one single martian near scott field.

dawgs
11-05-2015, 04:29 PM

I think saying they expect a title every other year is a bit of an overexaggeration. However, uga should absolutely have their sights on winning a natty and competing regularly for a playoff spot. There's no reason given their history, resources, facilities, and in state talent that they should have the same expectations as Florida, bama, lsu, Texas, usc, Ohio st, Michigan, etc. if you take one of those jobs, you know your expectation is playoffs or bust, but at the same time the path to the playoffs and possibly natty will never be easier than it is at those schools.

Coach34
11-05-2015, 04:32 PM
Mullen wants the Georgia job
Pruitt has been trying to undercut Richt
Mullen is buddies with the AD- but no idea if they would hire him
I will do all I can to help Kyle Whittingham become our next coach

Brahmabull
11-05-2015, 04:52 PM
I have always heard that Mullen and the AD know each other but are far from buddies.

sleepy dawg
11-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Same story, new year. Mullen won't leave until our fans piss him off.

Matt3467
11-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Bring Jackie Sherril and Joe Lee Dunn back....... that '99 defense paired with a good offense would win a NC no doubt. #1 defense in the nation that year giving up only 61.3 yards rushing at 1.8ypc, 142.7 pass yards per game. We gave up and average of 0.6 pass/run td's a game. If our offense that year wasn't so anemic just imagine the possibilities!

Really Clark?
11-05-2015, 05:06 PM
I have always heard that Mullen and the AD know each other but are far from buddies.

You are thinking of Foley at Florida

Brahmabull
11-05-2015, 05:21 PM
McGarity served 18 years in the athletic department at Florida before going to Georgia. I think he feels the same way about Mullen as Foley does.

HancockCountyDog
11-05-2015, 05:23 PM
McGarity served 18 years in the athletic department at Florida before going to Georgia. I think he feels the same way about Mullen as Foley does.

Nope. Im not saying Mullen would be the guy, but this just isn't true. I know everyone likes to play up the "Mullen is a A-hole" angle, but it just isn't true.

To be sure, if Richt is let go, Mullen would be on the extreme short list. The question would be, would he take it. Its a perfect fit for him, but that doesn't always mean you take the job.

smootness
11-05-2015, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't love Whittingham as a hire. It certainly wouldn't be a bad one, but I think there are better candidates out there. He's done a good job at Utah, but it hasn't been phenomenal. This is the first year he's been better then mediocre since the move to the Pac-12.

ETA: I should say that I would be fine with the hire, the guy is obviously a good coach. I just don't know that he would take us to another level and I wouldn't consider it an unquestioned home run.

GreenheadDawg
11-05-2015, 05:30 PM
I would be pretty shocked if UGA even showed serious interest in Mullen.

I agree. I don't think this hire would make the splash the UGA big boys wants. I just don't see them coming after Mullen

Really Clark?
11-05-2015, 05:31 PM

Not from what has been stated previously

Dallas_Dawg
11-05-2015, 05:31 PM
Georgia ain't gonna hire Dan Mullen. I just don't see how they would be interested. They are going to go get a big name guy.
We hear this same shit every year.

Coach34
11-05-2015, 05:33 PM

McGarity and Mullen are good friends

Coach34
11-05-2015, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't love Whittingham as a hire. It certainly wouldn't be a bad one, but I think there are better candidates out there. He's done a good job at Utah, but it hasn't been phenomenal. This is the first year he's been better then mediocre since the move to the Pac-12.

ETA: I should say that I would be fine with the hire, the guy is obviously a good coach. I just don't know that he would take us to another level and I wouldn't consider it an unquestioned home run.

Utah is limited in recruiting. Alot harder to get black players to move to Utah for school. Whittingham is a very good coach- Shirley you havent forgotten that asswhoopin he gave Saban a few years back?

smootness
11-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Utah is limited in recruiting. Alot harder to get black players to move to Utah for school. Whittingham is a very good coach- Shirley you havent forgotten that asswhoopin he gave Saban a few years back?

I'm just not going to judge a coach off one game, especially in that context. Again, I'd be fine with Whittingham. I'm obviously not going to sit here and say that he's not good enough for our program. I think he is a good coach that would probably be able to keep us roughly where we are now. I just don't really see him as the guy who could take us to another level.

And I'm not sure how many of those guys there are out there. I do still think Mullen is one.

Coach34
11-05-2015, 05:42 PM
I'm just not going to judge a coach off one game, especially in that context. Again, I'd be fine with Whittingham. I'm obviously not going to sit here and say that he's not good enough for our program. I think he is a good coach that would probably be able to keep us roughly where we are now. I just don't really see him as the guy who could take us to another level.

And I'm not sure how many of those guys there are out there. I do still think Mullen is one.

Well, my view is that he is a successful P5 HC. How many other of those are out there that would want our job- that we would want? Not many

smootness
11-05-2015, 05:49 PM
Well, my view is that he is a successful P5 HC. How many other of those are out there that would want our job- that we would want? Not many

True, but I'd rather get one of a handful of up-and-coming guys that I think have a higher ceiling. It's a higher risk, too, but I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on what Whittingham can do. There aren't many candidates I would like more, but there are some.

MSUDawg4Life
11-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Kyle Whittingham has been at Utah in some capacity for twenty years. His name comes up every year, but he has not left Utah for any of the jobs available. What makes anyone think he's itching to leave for Starkvillle? He didn't come when we hired Mullen and he had the opportunity then.

FISHDAWG
11-05-2015, 06:32 PM
they have run off some pretty decent coaches ... Jim Donnavan took them bowling every year and they ran him off ... Ray Golf wasn't to bad - he didn't have a lot to work with at the time ....they do have those same expectations as those teams you mentioned - they were wanting to run Richt off even after some of his good seasons for not winning the SEC ..... no way they would put up with bad clock management, fake punts, and no running game for long

Coach34
11-05-2015, 07:00 PM
Kyle Whittingham has been at Utah in some capacity for twenty years. His name comes up every year, but he has not left Utah for any of the jobs available. What makes anyone think he's itching to leave for Starkvillle? He didn't come when we hired Mullen and he had the opportunity then.

Because he told a friend of mine he would take our job "in a New York second"

TUSK
11-05-2015, 08:07 PM

Consolation Game....

...and don't call me "Shirley"...

MSUDawg4Life
11-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Because he told a friend of mine he would take our job "in a New York second"

http://i.imgur.com/960mqsq.gif

Coach34
11-05-2015, 08:32 PM
MSUDawg4Life (http://www.elitedawgs.com/member.php?127-MSUDawg4Life)

I'll give you a chance to explain to save yourself before you get banned?

MSUDawg4Life
11-05-2015, 08:34 PM
I'll give you a chance to explain to save yourself before you get banned?

No need.

I simply find that amusing ....

Coach34
11-05-2015, 08:38 PM
No need.

I simply find that amusing ....

I'd like to know why you find it amusing that a State guy I know- that worked in college and pro football- and is close friends with Kyle Whittingham is funny?

Why in the mother-**** would myself, I Seen It, and Mic concoct some crazy story that we have a connection to Kyle Whittingham of all people????

mstatefan91
11-05-2015, 08:41 PM
This is gonna end well...

MSUDawg4Life
11-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Man, Kyle Whittingham's name was in the mix when Mullen was hired. A lot of "in the know" people threw around a lot of different names. Whittingham didn't pull the trigger in a New York minute then. He's been offered lots of jobs since then. He's still at Utah. Has been there for 20 years.

I don't doubt somebody told you something. But, Dan Mullen is still here. We don't really know if he's going anywhere. And I seriously doubt anyone is sure who the next coach will be if he does leave - including Kyle Whittingham.

That's just my opinion. You can take it personally if you want. I don't care.

TUSK
11-05-2015, 08:53 PM
Has anyone thought of "Jimbo Fisher to UGA" and the FSU job coming open?

Coach34
11-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Man, Kyle Whittingham's name was in the mix when Mullen was hired. A lot of "in the know" people threw around a lot of different names. Whittingham didn't pull the trigger in a New York minute then. He's been offered lots of jobs since then. He's still at Utah. Has been there for 20 years.

I don't doubt somebody told you something. But, Dan Mullen is still here. We don't really know if he's going anywhere. And I seriously doubt anyone is sure who the next coach will be if he does leave - including Kyle Whittingham.

That's just my opinion. You can take it personally if you want. I don't care.

nothing you posted is relevant to my question. I know someone that Whittingham told he would take our job "in a New York second". He is a State guy that worked in college and pro football. Enjoy some time off.

mstatefan91
11-05-2015, 08:58 PM
This is gonna end well...

Good call man

War Machine Dawg
11-05-2015, 09:05 PM
Has anyone thought of "Jimbo Fisher to UGA" and the FSU job coming open?

USA Today piece mentioned Jimbo as a UGA target, but I'm not buying. It's not an upgrade to go from FSU to UGA.

Coach34
11-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Jimbo is wanted by UGA- doesnt mean he wants UGA

War Machine Dawg
11-05-2015, 09:19 PM
Jimbo is wanted by UGA- doesnt mean he wants UGA

Thus why I'm not buying. I don't see him making what's essentially a lateral move. Easier path to the NC at FSU and no compunction from the boosters about playing outside the lines like at UGA.

dawgs
11-05-2015, 09:34 PM
isn't there some friction between wittingham and the utah AD over contract negotiations? i think that's why wittingham is rumored to be a candidate for a lot of these P5 openings.

gravedigger
11-05-2015, 10:06 PM
Enjoy some time off.

I get its your place. I get that guy is an ass.

I dont get your decision

TUSK
11-05-2015, 10:07 PM
I get its your place. I get that guy is an ass.

I dont get your decision

gotta be some "history" we don't know about...

gravedigger
11-05-2015, 10:10 PM
gotta be some "history" we don't know about...

Good point. Coach is pretty judicious.

Coach34
11-05-2015, 10:44 PM
isn't there some friction between wittingham and the utah AD over contract negotiations? i think that's why wittingham is rumored to be a candidate for a lot of these P5 openings.

None I'm aware off

dawgs
11-05-2015, 11:46 PM
None I'm aware off

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2313370-kyle-whittingham-reportedly-could-leave-utah-due-to-tension-within-program

There's at least a history of tension it seems.

FISHDAWG
11-06-2015, 08:54 AM
nothing you posted is relevant to my question. I know someone that Whittingham told he would take our job "in a New York second". He is a State guy that worked in college and pro football. Enjoy some time off.

you banned him just for that ???

UMCDawg16
11-06-2015, 10:06 AM
you banned him just for that ???

My thoughts exactly. Tread lightly around here boys.