PDA

View Full Version : Someone is getting a bit nervous about Davis visiting us

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-05-2015, 09:48 AM
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u445/FotoeWizard/Screen%20Shot%202015-11-05%20at%208.48.25%20AM%20copy.jpg.

DownwardDawg
11-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Lol. What a dubmass. When's the last time he saw our facilities? Apparently he didn't watch our games when we were decent. That place was rocking.

Coach34
11-05-2015, 09:52 AM
Davis is going to be a Dawg

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-05-2015, 09:54 AM
I think maybe this guy knows it too...ha

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Coach you will get a kick out of this...there are OM fans actually making comments like "M$U"...and "it's all about this money.".. Talk about the biggest pot calling the kettle black EVER!!

Coach34
11-05-2015, 10:00 AM
Coach you will get a kick out of this...there are OM fans actually making comments like "M$U"...and "it's all about this money.".. Talk about the biggest pot calling the kettle black EVER!!

Thanks Adidas!!

YoungB
11-05-2015, 10:05 AM
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u445/FotoeWizard/Screen%20Shot%202015-11-05%20at%208.48.25%20AM%20copy.jpg.

Mize Pavilion Practice Facility (http://www.hailstate.com//PhotoAlbum.dbml?&PALBID=402233&DB_OEM_ID=16800)

Awful***

YoungB

LC Dawg
11-05-2015, 10:06 AM
I just checked out the replies to this guy's tweets. That's some of the best entertainment I've had in a while. Good job Bulldog twitterers.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Oh there are people on IU boards that are comparing the size of practice facilities..Like players give a crap about that...

jumbo
11-05-2015, 10:20 AM
He's probably just a little salty that IU has as many Final Four appearances as we do in the last 20 years

starkvegasdawg
11-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Oh there are people on IU boards that are comparing the size of practice facilities..Like players give a crap about that...

It's not the size that counts but how you use it.

msstate7
11-05-2015, 10:32 AM
It's not the size that counts but how you use it.

That's what I tell my wife all the time haha

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-05-2015, 10:36 AM
The no fan support point is a completely valid observation as far as recent history is concerned, & a direct result of all the people who quit on Mississippi State basketball when the going got tough. Same ones who now consider themselves heroes who saved the program by pulling their support & sticking it to the administration for personal grievances. Any fan who thinks they deserve credit for abandoning their team in order to influence the new hire deserves just as much credit for the lowly perception of our basketball program. Perception doesn't give a shit about how much fan support we had in 2011. Hence why we must be cheating.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Thanks Adidas!!

How confident are you on Davis?

msstate7
11-05-2015, 10:40 AM
Howland has a track record as a great recruiter... It's not like we have an unknown coach suddenly recruiting well

NYDawg
11-05-2015, 10:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8wy31Y1.png

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-05-2015, 10:46 AM
like a certain one up north?

Dental Dawg
11-05-2015, 10:46 AM
If anyone knows about buying players, it's Ole Mi$$.

Coach34
11-05-2015, 10:56 AM
How confident are you on Davis?

as confident as you can be in recruiting.

MSUDawg4Life
11-05-2015, 11:13 AM
I feel bad for Indiana. They used to be relevant.

maroonmania
11-05-2015, 11:17 AM
Is there any way we could get Howland as the lead recruiter on Derrick Brown when he visits for the Egg Bowl?? :)

Bothrops
11-05-2015, 11:18 AM

Who is this scumbag son of a bitch??

Jack Lambert
11-05-2015, 11:28 AM

Yep back when they had a coach who would kick your ass and I mean literally.

Bully13
11-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Could someone tell us who the ********** is and post some replies we gave?

K9 Avenger
11-05-2015, 11:54 AM

I vaguely remember Indiana being relevant...then again I'm 52...

shannondawg
11-05-2015, 11:57 AM
I seriously doubt anybody watched us play during the Ray years, to form an opinion of our facilities or fan support. They are just assuming that since we are MSU we would be lacking in facilities and fan support.

And pulling support probably did quicken the exit of Ray and entrance of Coach Howland. Which I for one is grateful.( I kept my seats, but didn't attend very many games.)

The no fan support point is a completely valid observation as far as recent history is concerned, & a direct result of all the people who quit on Mississippi State basketball when the going got tough. Same ones who now consider themselves heroes who saved the program by pulling their support & sticking it to the administration for personal grievances. Any fan who thinks they deserve credit for abandoning their team in order to influence the new hire deserves just as much credit for the lowly perception of our basketball program. Perception doesn't give a shit about how much fan support we had in 2011. Hence why we must be cheating.

maroonmania
11-05-2015, 11:57 AM

Yea, I remember, didn't they have some coach that used to throw chairs across the gym floor?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-05-2015, 12:01 PM
Who is this scumbag son of a bitch??

Inside the Hall co-founder and editor.

Here is his email if anyone wants to send a courtesy email:

defiantdog
11-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Mize Pavilion Practice Facility (http://www.hailstate.com//PhotoAlbum.dbml?&PALBID=402233&DB_OEM_ID=16800)

Awful***

YoungB

Thank you David Rula and Erick Dampier!

Dawg61
11-05-2015, 01:32 PM

Indiana was awesome from the 70's through 90's. Then Bob Knight choked Neil Reed during practice while it was caught on tape. Knight got fired and now Indiana is a middle of the pack B1G school. It's been fifteen years since Knight got fired and IU has had 2-3 good years sprinkled in with about 12 shitty ones. Their only final four since then was with Knight's players.

Funny thing about Kansas and Indiana is they are both Adidas schools. Hey Indiana our Adidas is bigger than your Adidas. Who cares about your practice gym.

Political Hack
11-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Indiana doing what Indiana does... CHOKE!

Dawg61
11-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Indiana doing what Indiana does... CHOKE!

Lol time to throw some chairs in Bloomington

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
11-05-2015, 01:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/8wy31Y1.png

So much win in this post

mstatefan91
11-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Could someone tell us who the ********** is and post some replies we gave?

Click the links to see the replies

https://twitter.com/insidethehall/status/661990691309027328

https://twitter.com/insidethehall/status/661991908789604352

smootness
11-05-2015, 02:03 PM
Indiana was awesome from the 70's through 90's. Then Bob Knight choked Neil Reed during practice while it was caught on tape. Knight got fired and now Indiana is a middle of the pack B1G school. It's been fifteen years since Knight got fired and IU has had 2-3 good years sprinkled in with about 12 shitty ones. Their only final four since then was with Knight's players.

Funny thing about Kansas and Indiana is they are both Adidas schools. Hey Indiana our Adidas is bigger than your Adidas. Who cares about your practice gym.

I wouldn't call them a middle-of-the-pack B1G program. They haven't been, and probably won't ever again be, Indiana but I would still call them a top program; maybe not among the truly elite anymore, but the next step down. The only Big Ten programs I would say are clearly better as programs right now are Wisconsin and Michigan State. And that could change depending on coaches. Wisconsin may take a dip without Ryan, and Michigan State will find it very hard to maintain without Izzo. Ohio State has had a lot of success under Matta, obviously more than Indiana during that span, but it's pretty much all due to him. If both jobs were open, you'd have a tough time ranking OSU higher than Indiana.

Indiana's problem is that they haven't really made a great hire since Knight. Davis was an awful hire, and even he won a Big Ten title and made the national title game. Sampson looked to be building something special, but then got busted and the sanctions hurt them significantly. Crean is a good coach, but I wouldn't call him a great one...and after it took 4 years to build them back after the mess Sampson left, he now has a Big Ten title, two Sweet 16s, and he's set up for a very good year this year as well.

Again, they're not truly Indiana anymore, but they could still get back to the top relatively easily with the right hire. I would compare them to UCLA pre-Howland or to Michigan football pre-Harbaugh.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Yea, I remember, didn't they have some coach that used to throw chairs across the gym floor?

I watched a video yesterday of Howland throwing his jacket in the stands during a game..it was great!

MSUDawg4Life
11-05-2015, 02:11 PM
I can agree with that, Smoot.

When I think of the top teams in the B1G, I think of Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Indiana.

Indiana and Michigan are in that group based on their history. I don't think Indiana has done anything recently that gives them the right to complain about losing players to MSU though. Over the past couple of decades they haven't been much different from us at all. Today, I think we are in a much better position and the players can see that.

Mjoelner34
11-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Thank you David Rula and Erick Dampier!

And, the late Ken Jackson.

Dawg61
11-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Maryland is currently #3 and has a National Championship since Knight left. I'd rank the B1G programs like this.

Michigan State
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Michigan
Maryland
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois

Which pretty much puts Indiana as a middle-tier B1G school. You're drunk if you think Ohio State and IU are even the last 15 years.

smootness
11-05-2015, 02:46 PM
I can agree with that, Smoot.

When I think of the top teams in the B1G, I think of Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Indiana.

Indiana and Michigan are in that group based on their history. I don't think Indiana has done anything recently that gives them the right to complain about losing players to MSU though. Over the past couple of decades they haven't been much different from us at all. Today, I think we are in a much better position and the players can see that.

Well, it's about like us talking about baseball history, honestly. We view our baseball program as still clearly being superior to many with similar or even better recent success than us.

smootness
11-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Maryland is currently #3 and has a National Championship since Knight left. I'd rank the B1G programs like this.

Michigan State
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Michigan
Maryland
Indiana
Purdue
Illinois

Which pretty much puts Indiana as a middle-tier B1G school. You're drunk if you think Ohio State and IU are even the last 15 years.

I actually very specifically said that Ohio State and Indiana have not been even the last 15 years. Ohio State has had more success, no question. But we're talking about program status, not just most recent success. I definitely disagree that Michigan's program right now is ahead of Indiana's. They had a great two-year stretch under Beilein, but that's it. Maryland has been mediocre for the most part since 03 or 04. You're going to tell me they've surpassed Indiana as a program because of their preseason ranking this year?

I just think a lot of fans make a mistake when evaluating a program based primarily on recent success. At this very moment, Ohio State is a better product because Thad Matta is there. At this very moment, because of two consecutive recruiting classes, Maryland looks set up to have a great year. But if either one lost their coach today along with Indiana, I would argue Indiana would be the one most desired by coaching candidates and would be best set up to have immediate success with the right coaching hire. That's what I base program status on, primarily.

People thought Alabama wasn't the same program anymore and had clearly fallen behind others like LSU and even Tennessee. Sure, Saban would have success anywhere, but he's had far more success at Alabama than he did at Michigan State. Why was Alabama able to hire Saban, and why did he have so much success so quickly? Because it's Alabama. Their program status may have taken a slight hit during the down years, but they just made bad coaching hires.

BB30
11-05-2015, 02:57 PM

Can you show me a team in any sport that comes out and packs a stadium, arena, anything when the team is terrible. I think the lack of fans in seats is pretty normal when a team is struggling, is that right probably not but, its just the way things are. Teams that are losing generally don't have a lot of fan support. Look at Cleveland after Lebron left fan support was terrible. He comes back and the place is packed every night. Just part of the game.

smootness
11-05-2015, 03:00 PM
FWIW, which probably isn't much, SI ranked Indiana the #9 program in college basketball two years ago. I can't find a more recent list from SI, but they were behind Michigan State (5) and Ohio State (7) in the Big Ten. Wisconsin was 14. The ranking was based on things like recent success, coaching security, budget, facilities, recruiting power, etc. Regardless, Indiana is not and never has been a middle-of-the-pack program, whether it's nationwide or in the Big Ten.

MSUDawg4Life
11-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Can you show me a team in any sport that comes out and packs a stadium, arena, anything when the team is terrible. I think the lack of fans in seats is pretty normal when a team is struggling, is that right probably not but, its just the way things are. Teams that are losing generally don't have a lot of fan support. Look at Cleveland after Lebron left fan support was terrible. He comes back and the place is packed every night. Just part of the game.

South Carolina football. That's the only team that I can think of that's supported even when things are terrible.

mstatefan91
11-05-2015, 03:05 PM

Nobody wants to come and spend their time watching a team that can't get it done and doesn't appear to be moving in that direction.

Cohen learned that last season as well.

Dawg61
11-05-2015, 03:17 PM
Indiana divorced itself from Bob Knight. All connections terminated. Indiana before 2000 was a top ten All-Time program. Indiana since their divorce is now a top 40 program. They don't get to claim still being top ten when they divorced the reason for that success. Now they are a sad program still wishing for Knight's success to still recruit for them. Won't happen. See Indiana for what they are. A program losing in head to head recruiting to Mississippi State. That's today. That's real. Ranking Indiana #9 isn't real.

mstatefan91
11-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Indiana divorced itself from Bob Knight. All connections terminated. Indiana before 2000 was a top ten All-Time program. Indiana since their divorce is now a top 40 program. They don't get to claim still being top ten when they divorced the reason for that success. Now they are a sad program still wishing for Knight's success to still recruit for them. Won't happen. See Indiana for what they are. A program losing in head to head recruiting to Mississippi State. That's today. That's real. Ranking Indiana #9 isn't real.

Hard to argue with this guys. The #9 program shouldn't lose out to Mississippi State.

Bully13
11-05-2015, 05:01 PM

What is Davis first name and where does he go to school

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-05-2015, 05:03 PM
De'Ron. Overland High

smootness
11-05-2015, 05:23 PM
Hard to argue with this guys. The #9 program shouldn't lose out to Mississippi State.

Then in that case, I guess Kansas is below 9th as well because they lost to poor ol' Miss State on Herard. Losing out on a recruit or two means nothing, especially when the program they lost to now has Ben Howland and is cleaning up. So we can now establish that Kansas is just a top-40 program. I guess Arizona can be thrown in there as well. Who else?

Arguing that Indiana is no longer close to what they were because they no longer have Bob Knight is a strange argument when you're trying to argue a program like Ohio State has clearly overtaken Indiana. So I guess when Matta leaves, the program gets no credit for what he did, either? They then fall all the way back to what they have been and must prove it all over again?

Indiana had 2 national titles in the 30 years before Knight, and they won 5 Big Ten titles in the 20 years before him. Obviously Knight took them to another level, but the program is an all-time program when looking at their history. Period.

Does Duke instantly fall back to top-40 once Coach K leaves? Because while they will almost certainly take a bit of a dip, he has permanently altered the standing of the program, just like Knight did with Indiana.

MSUDawg4Life
11-05-2015, 05:41 PM
I don't think any program is permanently one way or another. If that was the case Harvard, Yale and Army would still rule college football. Things change. Programs change.

Today, the Indiana program is no better than Mississippi State.

smootness
11-05-2015, 05:46 PM
I don't think any program is permanently one way or another. If that was the case Harvard, Yale and Army would still rule college football. Things change. Programs change.

Today, the Indiana program is no better than Mississippi State.

But again, that's basically based entirely on the fact that we hired Ben Howland.

If Calipari up and left for Central Michigan and Kentucky hired John Pelphrey, Central Michigan would be better than Kentucky.

MSUDawg4Life
11-05-2015, 05:51 PM
But again, that's basically based entirely on the fact that we hired Ben Howland.

If Calipari up and left for Central Michigan and Kentucky hired John Pelphrey, Central Michigan would be better than Kentucky.

Smoot, we live in the here and now.

We don't live in the past (well ... some of us don't) and we don't live in the future. We're not recruiting against Bob Knight. We're not recruiting against Coach K's successor.

These kids are making a decision about what college to attend next week. Not twenty years ago or twenty years from now.

maroonmania
11-05-2015, 05:53 PM

Bottom line is that basketball recruiting is just a different animal. Most recruits put WAY more stock in the coach they will be playing for than the school itself. If school X has a coach with an outstanding reputation of success and developing players for the NBA but less tradition and school Y has a coach with less of a reputation for success and developing players for the NBA but is stocked with basketball tradition, school X is going to win out on a recruit much more than they will lose out on a recruit to school Y in today's world. That's why you see so much player turnover in basketball when any school has a coaching change.

dawgoneyall
11-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Who is that fat cheeked fu*ker?

Dawgface
11-05-2015, 07:03 PM
Never heard of him.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-05-2015, 07:15 PM
Gonna drop it after this b/c I've beat it to death, but I'll never agree w/ that mentality. Same mentality of ppl who take their ball & go home when things don't go their way. I don't blame the casual basketball fan for not caring when we suck; I'm a less than casual baseball fan & I lost interest in MSU's team down the stretch last year. I blame the season ticket holders & lifelong MSU basketball fans that pulled support b/c things didn't go their way. Not just talking a/b asses in seats either, if you watch the games on TV, that's plenty of support. The ones who I can't understand are those who invested in the program for years, but acted like MSU basketball didn't exist when it didn't reflect favorably upon them.

That part doesn't really bother me though, it's human nature & obviously all fans have different mentalities. The part that irks me is when ppl believe that they contributed to our current success by abandoning the program during the hard times. It is not because of these people, but in spite of these people that we are headed in the right direction. It's selfish & arrogant to assume that you can positively influence the program by turning your back on the team whenever your personal will & desires aren't met.

Lack of fan support did not force our hand w/ Ray - the emergence of Howland as a real candidate forced our hand. Stricklin would've kept Ray whether we had 10000 or 10 in the stands if Howland hadn't emerged. Who's to say Adidas & Howland don't come calling a year earlier when Tenn & Mizzou passed on him, if we as a program boasted a packed Hump & full fan support even for a subpar product? Our appeal and national perception as a basketball program were negatively affected when a large portion of our fanbase were revealed as fair weather fans, and boosters revealed as sullen children, whether we choose to acknowledge it now or not. The Hump was far more embarrassing the last 3 years than anything the team or coaches did.

But I'm glad we have ppl we can count on to pull their support when we need them most! Don't know where we'd be w/o these guys! Hell if we lose a nonconference game this year, let's all just sit at home & watch American Idol, & we'll end up w/ Coach K or Phil Jackson before we know it!

Dead horse beaten. I'm satisfied.

Coach34
11-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Lack of fan support did not force our hand w/ Ray - the emergence of Howland as a real candidate forced our hand. Stricklin would've kept Ray whether we had 10000 or 10 in the stands if Howland hadn't emerged.

Yes- 100% dead on.

Dawg61
11-06-2015, 04:33 AM
Then in that case, I guess Kansas is below 9th as well because they lost to poor ol' Miss State on Herard. Losing out on a recruit or two means nothing, especially when the program they lost to now has Ben Howland and is cleaning up. So we can now establish that Kansas is just a top-40 program. I guess Arizona can be thrown in there as well. Who else?

Arguing that Indiana is no longer close to what they were because they no longer have Bob Knight is a strange argument when you're trying to argue a program like Ohio State has clearly overtaken Indiana. So I guess when Matta leaves, the program gets no credit for what he did, either? They then fall all the way back to what they have been and must prove it all over again?

Indiana had 2 national titles in the 30 years before Knight, and they won 5 Big Ten titles in the 20 years before him. Obviously Knight took them to another level, but the program is an all-time program when looking at their history. Period.

Does Duke instantly fall back to top-40 once Coach K leaves? Because while they will almost certainly take a bit of a dip, he has permanently altered the standing of the program, just like Knight did with Indiana.

Since 2000 Ohio State has seven B1G titles. Indiana has two. Yes since Bob Knight left Ohio State has surpassed Indiana as a basketball program.

zdawg
11-06-2015, 06:16 AM
From an ousiders point of view, I would love to live in Starkville, if the opportunity was there. Starkville is a small town, but that's exactly what many look for in a home. The reason some folk want to belittle another university is obvious, but what has Oxford got that makes it a better place to live ? I've been there and if I'm looking for something more to offer than Starkville I must have missed it. If I'm a prospective student or athlete, I would like both because they're small southern towns. But, we chose Starkville/MSU, primarily because of the friendly people. ..real southern hospitality not a bunch of snooty ( no all but many were) self appointed elitest wanna bee's. JMHO

engie
11-06-2015, 08:09 AM
Why is this an argument about Indiana's "place"? Should just be a bunch of excitement about us having the opportunity to pull the only true 4 that we are chasing -- and enjoying the opportunity to revel in their fanbase's anxiousness...

Dawg61
11-06-2015, 01:05 PM
Why is this an argument about Indiana's "place"? Should just be a bunch of excitement about us having the opportunity to pull the only true 4 that we are chasing -- and enjoying the opportunity to revel in their fanbase's anxiousness...

Oh I'm excited. You can believe that. I'm also pissed at this douche editor for IU so that means it's ok to shit on Indiana in this thread.

zdawg
11-06-2015, 02:33 PM