PDA

View Full Version : Jenkins vs Donut Eater

justwin
11-05-2015, 09:26 AM
Here we are 8 games into this season. Jenkins has played a good amount and Warren has been SEC avg. Actually, both have probably been SEC avg.

What is the upside of Jenkins? Said differently, how would he do if he started from here on out?

how will Rufus finish out the rest of the season?

some of you OL coaches...how would you grade/evaluate Rufus & Jenkins thus far?

I ask b/c I wonder if Jenkins has a higher upside, then should he get more snaps rest of the way. We're going to face some quality pass rush tonight, next week, and OM and need to ensure we have the pass pro buttoned up.

As for the other OL, I thought Clayborn was really stout vs the big fatass from KY. Admittedly, I don't know how to grade OL though.

msstate7
11-05-2015, 09:36 AM
I suppose Warren is "donut eater"...

Warren 6'7" 299
Jenkins 6'4" 304

Why you call warren "donut eater"? I do like Jenkins better, but not sure why you bash warren

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-05-2015, 10:40 AM
biscuit eater would be more accurate.. he works at the biscuit shop

starkvegasdawg
11-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Sometimes I think Warren needs one of those alarms that trucks have that beep when in reverse so Dak would have a heads up.

Homedawg
11-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Warren might not be a good tackle but he's not our worst OL, that's desper. Go back and watch the games if you don't believe me. He draws air a lot of times when we pull him and he isn't a great pass protector either. He plays hard, I'll give him that.

State82
11-05-2015, 11:13 AM
Sometimes I think Warren needs one of those alarms that trucks have that beep when in reverse so Dak would have a heads up.

I got a good chuckle out of that one

justwin
11-05-2015, 11:24 AM
I suppose Warren is "donut eater"...

Warren 6'7" 299
Jenkins 6'4" 304

Why you call warren "donut eater"? I do like Jenkins better, but not sure why you bash warren

earlier this season he was eating a donut at the podium while being interviewed.

HoopsDawg
11-05-2015, 11:32 AM
I think Jenkins would make a good guard, but tackles are on short supply on our roster.

Warren is ahead of Jenkins from a mental standpoint, but Jenkins is more talented physically.

msstate7
11-05-2015, 11:33 AM
earlier this season he was eating a donut at the podium while being interviewed.

Gotcha...

justwin
11-05-2015, 11:35 AM
Warren is ahead of Jenkins from a mental standpoint, but Jenkins is more talented physically.

this is my question. is the tradeoff of mental > than talent? I lean toward talent after 2/3rds of the season. I would like someone on here who knows how to evaluate an OL OT to weigh in though.

tcdog70
11-05-2015, 12:19 PM
what a shithead to call a Bulldog a doughnut eater. Why the hate for our OL? the pass pro is excellent Sometimes a LT needs some help with a premier rusher. We are getting better in run blocking and if the right RBs played the OL would look better.