PDA

View Full Version : over/under that Aeris gets 100+ rushing vs Mizzou?

justwin
11-04-2015, 02:37 PM
with the rain, looks like this is setting up for us to have to rely on our big RBs to win an ugly game.

Will Mullen commit to using our best big RBs?

How many carries does Aeris need to get 100? I say 17 which would be a career high.

For fun, how many carries does Lee need to get 100? I say 14 which would be a career high.

DancingRabbit
11-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Probably should set it at 50.

I'd love to see Aeris and D. Lee each get about 50 yards. Plus 50 each for Dak and Holloway.

That said, we'll probably end up with about 150. Hopefully Dak only needs to run it 7-8 times.

Coach34
11-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Yeah- 50 would be much better. And still under. Too many RB's getting carries

JDog13
11-04-2015, 02:56 PM

starkvegasdawg
11-04-2015, 02:56 PM
I can't imagine anybody other than Dak going for a 100. One thing that worries me about this game is if the rain is bad enough to limit the passing game and we are forced to run. If that happens this could be a 6-3 type game. I haven't looked at stats to know exactly how good the Mizzou D is but all the talking heads seem to think it is good. If it is as advertised then this rain could be a huge limiting factor. Hopefully, we can get an early lead and then just let our D stuff their offense the rest of the night. This is a game we have to have and one we are more than capable of winning. Just got to go out and do it and hope we don't get anybody hurt on that stupid fake turf.

Liverpooldawg
11-04-2015, 03:06 PM
You CAN throw the football in the rain. Really good passing teams can even be better at it in the rain because it's easier for the receivers to get open. Missouri has field turf, it's not like it's going to be a mud hole anyway.

jumbo
11-04-2015, 03:14 PM
under. if anyone gets 100 it would be Dak

LC Dawg
11-04-2015, 03:19 PM
If we can hang on to the ball and Dak gets a good grip throwing it we can use the rain to our advantage against a very good defense. I think our passing yards may surprise some folks. I look for us to turn some short throws into some long gains.

starkvegasdawg
11-04-2015, 03:31 PM
Guess I just worry how sometimes our receivers seem to have a hard time holding on to the ball when it is dry. I shudder to think what a driving rain might do. I keep envisioning balls going through our receivers hands and up into the air to get picked off. Really hope I am wrong.

mic
11-04-2015, 03:39 PM
If we get 100 yards rushing a game from all our backs combined we won't lose another game...

FISHDAWG
11-04-2015, 03:40 PM
Guess I just worry how sometimes our receivers seem to have a hard time holding on to the ball when it is dry. I shudder to think what a driving rain might do. I keep envisioning balls going through our receivers hands and up into the air to get picked off. Really hope I am wrong.

not sure about rain but if there is a steady or gusting wind that def won't help

starkvegasdawg
11-04-2015, 03:44 PM
not sure about rain but if there is a steady or gusting wind that def won't help

Forecast from the NWS was for winds gusting to around 20-25mph during the afternoon and dropping to around 10-15mph that night.

ScoobaDawg
11-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Or yall could go lay your vCash on if we get 150 yards rushing as a team....

Prediction? Pain.
11-04-2015, 04:02 PM
I haven't looked at stats to know exactly how good the Mizzou D is but all the talking heads seem to think it is good.

Missouri's second in the conference in yards-per-carry allowed (about 2.9 ypc), and second in the conference in TFLs. (They're also 1st in scoring defense, 2nd in total defense, and 3rd in sacks, FWIW.) But I'm not sure they've faced a runner as strong as Dak yet, whether at the RB or QB position. Chubb was out when they played Georgia; Vandy, Florida, and Kentucky aren't great running teams; and South Carolina, whose running stats are actually okay, was without its starting RB when they played Missouri

RiverCityDawg
11-04-2015, 04:29 PM
Way under. I would be happy with 50.

He would need about 20 carries to get 100 against Missouri, and I think he'll get about 8. We would beat any team in the country if one of our RBs got 100. I agree with mic that we would likely win out if we got 100/game from all our RBs combined.

justwin
11-04-2015, 04:53 PM
I can't imagine anybody other than Dak going for a 100. One thing that worries me about this game is if the rain is bad enough to limit the passing game and we are forced to run. If that happens this could be a 6-3 type game. I haven't looked at stats to know exactly how good the Mizzou D is but all the talking heads seem to think it is good. If it is as advertised then this rain could be a huge limiting factor. Hopefully, we can get an early lead and then just let our D stuff their offense the rest of the night. This is a game we have to have and one we are more than capable of winning. Just got to go out and do it and hope we don't get anybody hurt on that stupid fake turf.

if we do have to go to the run, I can't imagine a situation where Williams/Lee combined for 25+ carries that they wouldn't get at least 125+. Either of those two have big play threat ability so a toadstrangler doesn't concern me. What concerns me is those two not getting chances in a situation where we need to rush the ball.

Jack Lambert
11-04-2015, 05:03 PM
We are still going to throw the ball. We are not going to change what we are doing. Rain helps. WR can get open easier. DB's slip and fall down. I don't think it effects throwing the ball as much as you think.

Homedawg
11-04-2015, 05:06 PM
if we do have to go to the run, I can't imagine a situation where Williams/Lee combined for 25+ carries that they wouldn't get at least 125+. Either of those two have big play threat ability so a toadstrangler doesn't concern me. What concerns me is those two not getting chances in a situation where we need to rush the ball.

The duo had 13 carries for 34 yards against UK.... So I'll take the under for both added together.

maroonmania
11-04-2015, 05:09 PM
We will be lucky to have 100 yards rushing against Missouri combined even including Dak's numbers. They are salty against the run and our rushing offense stinks. Rain or shine we will be throwing the ball unless its just a monsoon.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-04-2015, 10:40 PM
i'm gonna go ahead and guess 0 carries 0 yards 0 snaps for d lee

mstatefan91
11-04-2015, 10:57 PM
Under... way under... like 60-70 yards under... maybe more

Bothrops
11-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Mizzou can surely handle our rushing attack. The only way we move the ball on the ground, is by Dak extending plays with his feet, not design runs. If we struggle early with the passing game, we won't have a choice. I'm a little worried about being in a strange environment and our mental readiness. I expect a close game.

archdog
11-05-2015, 01:09 AM
Dawgs 27-10
RB get 147 yards.

RougeDawg
11-05-2015, 02:33 AM
I hope he has over 100 because it means we rush for over 300. Not likely, but could happen if we are creative in the run calls with motion and misdirection. For some reason I feel like Dan has been holding back play calls for this last month. It has to either be that, or he Mason'd his 2014 first half of season play sheet.

I actually think the rain helps the more prepared, most in tune team. We have an offense that has almost 2 years of very little personnel change (skill position, people who touch the ball wise) that we should be effected less from the rain than a reeling team playing a backup QB.

Y'all please stop devising reasons to worry because you feel its a must for MSU football. No one should have sweated the UK game and no one should sweat this one. We are the better team. We win these games under Hardhead Mullen when we are the better team.

We will win by 14+ points, thinking more 35-13 range.

drunkernhelldawg
11-05-2015, 06:58 AM
The game is late so hopefully the weather will have calmed down some by kickoff. A lot of super rainy days are followed by misty evenings. If it's bad, we might have a low scoring game on our hands. Huge game for us. We need to be ready at the kickoff. We can't afford a slow or screwed up start on the road tonight. Missouri is a bad team, but they do possess that killer instinct. Need our foot to stay on their neck.

starkvegasdawg
11-05-2015, 07:04 AM
The game is late so hopefully the weather will have calmed down some by kickoff. A lot of super rainy days are followed by misty evenings. If it's bad, we might have a low scoring game on our hands. Huge game for us. We need to be ready at the kickoff. We can't afford a slow or screwed up start on the road tonight. Missouri is a bad team, but they do possess that killer instinct. Need our foot to stay on their neck.

It's not setting in until this afternoon. Here is the latest from the NWS for Columbia. It's going to be pouring down rain and windy the entire game it looks like. This just really gives me a bad feeling about this game. I've always heard inclement weather favors the worse team.

Today
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. South wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Tonight
Showers and thunderstorms before midnight, then a chance of showers. Low around 47. South wind 8 to 13 mph becoming west after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

engie
11-05-2015, 07:55 AM
This is an Alabama-level defense we will be facing. Discounting that facet of their game is just asking to meltdown tonight when we don't move the ball at will. That said, I don't think they will be able to do much scoring either....

Homedawg
11-05-2015, 08:59 AM
This is an Alabama-level defense we will be facing. Discounting that facet of their game is just asking to meltdown tonight when we don't move the ball at will. That said, I don't think they will be able to do much scoring either....

Now is not the time for common sense, reason, and looking at it from a factual statistical perspective.***

justwin
11-05-2015, 09:12 AM

like bama, all the better to prep our rushing attack. I do think we need the Mizzou front 7 and the Bama front 7 to respect Williams/Lee to free up Dak to run.

justwin
11-05-2015, 09:13 AM
You CAN throw the football in the rain. Really good passing teams can even be better at it in the rain because it's easier for the receivers to get open. Missouri has field turf, it's not like it's going to be a mud hole anyway.

we always throw it 40+ times. hadn't thought about the turf vs natural grass though

justwin
11-05-2015, 09:14 AM
If we get 100 yards rushing a game from all our backs combined we won't lose another game...

good point. what's crazy is this is very achievable. An unknown currently, but definitely achievable.

justwin
11-05-2015, 09:19 AM
We will be lucky to have 100 yards rushing against Missouri combined even including Dak's numbers. They are salty against the run and our rushing offense stinks. Rain or shine we will be throwing the ball unless its just a monsoon.

this is why I think this game sets up perfectly for us in prep for Bama. We will be the best passing team & most balanced offense they face. Sounds like their D will rival LSU's D which has been the toughest we've faced. Vs LSU, the LSU D bottled up Dak b/c Shump wasn't a threat. I think we go at them with the exact gameplan as LSU with differnet RB personnel then we will all finally see what we have in these 2 young guys.

Make no mistake, this is a HUGE game for our OL and RBs. We've had a week off to solely concentrate on establishing the run so I'm excited to see those RBs showout.

RougeDawg
11-05-2015, 09:22 AM
like bama, all the better to prep our rushing attack. I do think we need the Mizzou front 7 and the Bama front 7 to respect Williams/Lee to free up Dak to run.

Let's not forget that Dak, weeks 1-5, was not normal Dak for whatever reason. If UK Dak has been available against LSU, we probably have 1 or 0 losses at this point. He wasn't himself that game, but was back in form last week.

justwin
11-05-2015, 09:28 AM
Let's not forget that Dak, weeks 1-5, was not normal Dak for whatever reason. If UK Dak has been available against LSU, we probably have 1 or 0 losses at this point. He wasn't himself that game, but was back in form last week.

excellent point. For the board, how long does it take someone to get over a sports hernia? you can just tell in his gate that he was concerned about it. I've never had one or been around someone who has.

DancingRabbit
11-05-2015, 09:35 AM

The first few games Dak was thinking too much. The last few games he's just gone out there to play football.

https://vimeo.com/97480953

Todd4State
11-05-2015, 09:43 AM
The first few games Dak was thinking too much. The last few games he's just gone out there to play football.

https://vimeo.com/97480953

This is the key for Dak. He just needs to go out and have fun and let his ability take over.

sleepy dawg
11-05-2015, 04:53 PM
with the rain, looks like this is setting up for us to have to rely on our big RBs to win an ugly game.

Will Mullen commit to using our best big RBs?

How many carries does Aeris need to get 100? I say 17 which would be a career high.

For fun, how many carries does Lee need to get 100? I say 14 which would be a career high.

I'd like to bet infinity billion dollars on neither aeris nor lee getting 100 yards.

BB30
11-05-2015, 05:38 PM
this is why I think this game sets up perfectly for us in prep for Bama. We will be the best passing team & most balanced offense they face. Sounds like their D will rival LSU's D which has been the toughest we've faced. Vs LSU, the LSU D bottled up Dak b/c Shump wasn't a threat. I think we go at them with the exact gameplan as LSU with differnet RB personnel then we will all finally see what we have in these 2 young guys.

Make no mistake, this is a HUGE game for our OL and RBs. We've had a week off to solely concentrate on establishing the run so I'm excited to see those RBs showout.

Think you will be disappointed. We are still going to throw the football quite a bit and the two youngsters didn't exactly tear it up against Ky plus Holloway will probably be in there quite a bit. Not saying I necessarily agree with the young guys not getting a little more time, just don't see it happening tonight.