21 tackles
5.5 TFL's
1.5 Sacks
6 QB hurries

Fletcher was the 12th pick overall in 2012

Discuss

somebodyshotmypaw
11-03-2015, 10:01 PM
Kimchee is a better running back than Fletcher. Fletcher was the better defensive tackle.

Harrydawg
11-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Hold it, I watched one play last week where Kimcheche bull rushed the OLineman in to the face of that little QB. Where he almost got a sack and rushed a throw

What about that? Your facts r BS

MSUDawg4Life
11-03-2015, 10:06 PM
Did Fletcher Cox play more snaps than Chris Jones does? My memory may be failing me, but it seems like Fletcher and Josh Boyd played many more snaps per game than Chris Jones does.

Kimchee definitely plays more snaps than Chris Jones. Yet, Chris Jones has proven to be just as productive.

Political Hack
11-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Fletch was a better QB than Kimchee.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-03-2015, 10:09 PM
Kimchee does some impressive things, but only in spurts. I don't see a consistent motor, or consistent motivation. You wonder how much motivation he will have once he has a few million in his pocket. Cox is consistent in wrecking an offense. One thing that makes the great ones who they are is their ability to play hard and work hard when money is no longer a motivation. Brees, Brady, Manning, JJ Watt, etc. Those guys still play, work, and study like they are broke and fighting for a roster spot. Cox is in that class. He's solid. I'm not convinced that Kimchee or Tunsil can show up each and every day and work like Fletcher. I think Treadwell can though.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Kimchee is a better Toker, or so I've heard

starkvegasdawg
11-03-2015, 11:27 PM
Lil Kim takes better bathroom selfies holding his junk with skinny white boys beside him.

BeardoMSU
11-03-2015, 11:32 PM
Both CJ and RK can only hope to be a "Fletcher Cox" one day. Fletcher is already a top 3 D-lineman in the league.

I can see RK playing DE/LB in a 3-4, mainly because he's a tweaner; too small to play DT, but fast/athletic enough to play LB...shit, if Pernell can do it, so can RK. Chris Jones will be a perfect DT in a 4-3 at the next level; he'll eat up blockers and be a good run stopper.

deltadawg99
11-04-2015, 01:54 AM
RN is listed at 6'4 296
Cox was listed at 6'4 295
Chris Jones is listed at 6'6 308
So I don't agree with calling him a tweeter

Cox was dominate on a mediocre 6-6 team his junior year. He definitely played more snaps than Jones because we didn't rotate as much and didn't have the depth to afford for him to come out. Same thing with RN. They don't have the depth for him not to play the majority of the snaps. They have also known for 3 years that he was gone after his junior year, so no need to save him. Chris Jones is dominate when he wants to be, it's just a matter of when he decides to play full speed.

Cox definitely played with a higher and more consistent motor than Rn or Jones.

RN and Chris better hope to be in the same conversation as Cox when they get to the league. Cox has been dominate

I seen it dawg
11-04-2015, 06:45 AM
Kimchee is way better at drug tests

MStateDawg
11-04-2015, 09:03 AM
Note on Cox's stats: I'm pretty sure he missed the 1st game of the season (at Memphis) due to suspension.

TStationDawg
11-04-2015, 09:12 AM
Wow- that really sheds some light on public perception. Cox was a beast! And MStateDawg is correct, he did sit out the first game.

BrunswickDawg
11-04-2015, 09:26 AM
Fletcher Cox last season:

56 tackles
14.5 TFL's
5 Sacks
3 QB hurries

Chris Jones thru 8 games:

30 tackles
4.0 TFL's
1.5 Sacks
3 QB hurries

Kimchee thru 9 games:

21 tackles
5.5 TFL's
1.5 Sacks
6 QB hurries

Fletcher was the 12th pick overall in 2012

Discuss

What you are really showing is that RK isn't as productive as our 3 other primary DL, and that we better worry about AJ Jefferson leaving early
Jonathan Calvin

21 tackles
4.5 TFL's
1.5 Sacks
2 QBH's

Ryan Brown
26 Tackles
6.0 TFL's
2.5 Sacks
7 QBH's

AJ Jefferson
30 Tackles
9.5 TFL's
4.0 Sacks
4 QBH's

Jack Lambert
11-04-2015, 09:29 AM
Kimchee has all the tools to be a NFL great. However I don’t think he has the demeanor, the will, the drive or the brains to make it. He has the entitlement mentality and it will cost him in the NFL.

Sacrifice
11-04-2015, 09:37 AM
Kimdashian is still benefiting from his recruiting ranking. Fletcher was the man!

starkvegasdawg
11-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Kimchee has all the tools to be a NFL great. However I don’t think he has the demeanor, the will, the drive or the brains to make it. He has the entitlement mentality and it will cost him in the NFL.

Not too sure demeanor will hurt him. Greg Hardy and Suh come to mind with having similar mindsets. Now will, drive, and mentality, I agree with.

BeardoMSU
11-04-2015, 09:50 AM

And that's obviously why he's so high on all the mock draft boards*****

ShotgunDawg
11-04-2015, 10:04 AM
Kimchee is extremely talented, but something just isn't right.

IMO, it would be a mistake for a team to draft him in the top 5 picks, because, while he is extremely talented, I'm not all that certain that the position he plays or his production makes you much better as a football team or gets you any closer to winning a Super Bowl.

How much better does Kimchee make Ole Miss?

Perhaps their best defensive performance of the year, A&M, was without him?

sandwolf
11-04-2015, 10:08 AM
we better worry about AJ Jefferson leaving early

Pretty sure that isn't a concern. Jefferson truly is a tweener.

BeardoMSU
11-04-2015, 10:11 AM

What are his measurable? He's about the same build as Pernell McPhee was, I thought.

I can definitely see AJ as an OLB in a 3-4 at the next level.

sandwolf
11-04-2015, 10:19 AM
What are his measurable? He's about the same build as Pernell McPhee was, I thought.

I can definitely see AJ as an OLB in a 3-4 at the next level.

Per the Hail State app, he is 6'-3", 277 lbs......but I think that is probably a little generous (especially on the height). I don't think he has the size to play DE and I don't think he has the speed to OLB in the NFL. I see him as an excellent college player that doesn't really translate to the NFL....but I've been wrong before.

Jack Lambert
11-04-2015, 10:22 AM
And that's obviously why he's so high on all the mock draft boards*****

NFL will draft on talent alone and hope any other issues can be fix. Johnny Football is a good example.

BrunswickDawg
11-04-2015, 10:27 AM

yeah, should have added ****. Point is that when you look at stats not crootin' starz, our DL is more than measuring up.

shoeless joe
11-04-2015, 10:30 AM
What you are really showing is that RK isn't as productive as our 3 other primary DL, and that we better worry about AJ Jefferson leaving early
Jonathan Calvin

21 tackles
4.5 TFL's
1.5 Sacks
2 QBH's

Ryan Brown
26 Tackles
6.0 TFL's
2.5 Sacks
7 QBH's

AJ Jefferson
30 Tackles
9.5 TFL's
4.0 Sacks
4 QBH's

Can't be true...I was told all preseason that AJ wasn't a "back field disruptor"

somebodyshotmypaw
11-04-2015, 10:43 AM
I see him as an excellent college player that doesn't really translate to the NFL....but I've been wrong before.

I agree. AJ is an animal. But like Tim Tebow in football, Darryl Wilson in basketball, Ross Mitchell in baseball, AJ's skill set will not be as coveted on the professional level as it is on the college level.

Coach34
11-04-2015, 10:45 AM
I agree. AJ is an animal. But like Tim Tebow in football, Darryl Wilson in basketball, Ross Mitchell in baseball, AJ's skill set will not be as coveted on the professional level as it is on the college level.

exactly. His measureables aren't what the NFL look for- arm length is short as is overall height

thf24
11-04-2015, 10:55 AM
I think AJ could possibly find a spot somewhere in an NFL 3-4 front, but he'd probably either have to add or cut weight, neither of which would be good for his skill set. In any case, we don't have to worry about him leaving early.

bulldawg28
11-04-2015, 01:07 PM
AJ will make an impact in the NFL. He's at an disadvantage every Saturday per his measurables yet he always makes plays...FYI Kmedechee isn't 6'4.

sandwolf
11-04-2015, 01:48 PM
yeah, should have added ****. Point is that when you look at stats not crootin' starz, our DL is more than measuring up.

Ahhh, my mistake....didn't pick up on the sarcasm.

sandwolf
11-04-2015, 02:04 PM
AJ will make an impact in the NFL. He's at an disadvantage every Saturday per his measurables yet he always makes plays.

I hope you are right, but the NFL is a different animal. Michael Sam has pretty similar measurables to AJ and was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year as a senior, yet he was lucky to be drafted at all and never did anything in the league.

bulldawg28
11-04-2015, 07:43 PM
I hope you are right, but the NFL is a different animal. Michael Sam has pretty similar measurables to AJ and was the SEC Defensive Player of the Year as a senior, yet he was lucky to be drafted at all and never did anything in the league.

Sam wasn't as physical as Jefferson. Also, Sam chose the wrong route to the NFL. He'd still be there if he kept his mouth closed he wanted to be a Spokesman and it backfired.

drunkernhelldawg
11-05-2015, 07:46 AM
Fletcher Cox is the current NFL standard at his position. The other guys must aspire to reach his level. He's the central strength of his defense in every game.