PDA

View Full Version : Cfb playoff official rankings. Thoughts?

RC3
11-03-2015, 07:20 PM
1. Clemson
2. Lsu
3. Osu
4. Bama

18. Ole miss
20. Msu

RC3
11-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Sorry missed the other thread as I was typing this one. Merge or delete. No worries

HSVDawg
11-03-2015, 07:33 PM
I mostly agree with the Top 4 except OSU. Their current body of work doesn't justify it but as defending champs they were gonna get a spot no matter what.

msstate7
11-03-2015, 07:34 PM
I don't think ND should be 5 spots ahead of Florida. I do think ND is good though

Coach34
11-03-2015, 08:06 PM
We are where we should be- so is Northern Miss. We have to handle bidness

Bucky Dog
11-03-2015, 08:10 PM
I think they said SEC>Big 10 and Big 12!

msstate7
11-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Do we have to run the table to get a new year's 6? I really wanna get another one

Coach34
11-03-2015, 08:17 PM
Do we have to run the table to get a new year's 6? I really wanna get another one

obviously yes we do

msstate7
11-03-2015, 08:19 PM
obviously yes we do

Figured we would. Om got in at 9-3 last year though.

Coach34
11-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Figured we would. Om got in at 9-3 last year though.

Other conferences are setting up differently though. We just have to handle bidness. Win out and we could be in the playoff- just have to do what we can

RougeDawg
11-03-2015, 08:31 PM
From other thread.

Not bad and high enough to make a move the last 4 games should we win out.

I like how the committee positioned themselves to still have the Bama LSU winner in top 4 and potentially both should Bama win. Will drive everyone nuts.

msstate7
11-03-2015, 08:37 PM
If bama beats lsu, we could jump to around 10 by beating bama

TUSK
11-03-2015, 09:03 PM
If bama beats lsu, we could jump to around 10 by beating bama

goin' all Trojan Horse, are ya?

Charlie_Sheen420
11-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Alabama at #4 and having Florida low at #10 is ridiculous. If Florida is #10 which I'm fine with, then Bama should be #7-10ish. Florida lost to LSU in death valley by 7....Bama lost at home to a mediocre two loss Ole Miss committing 5 turnovers. Florida beat the **** out of that same Ole Miss team in the swamp. Why are they so far ahead of Florida? Bama hasn't played that much of a different schedule...I have to call BS when I see it.

LC Dawg
11-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Alabama at #4 and having Florida low at #10 is ridiculous. If Florida is #10 which I'm fine with, then Bama should be #7-10ish. Florida lost to LSU in death valley by 7....Bama lost at home to a mediocre two loss Ole Miss committing 5 turnovers. Florida beat the **** out of that same Ole Miss team in the swamp. Why are they so far ahead of Florida? Bama hasn't played that much of a different schedule...I have to call BS when I see it.

I agree

Maroonthirteen
11-03-2015, 09:41 PM
What Charlie said. Just another example that name branding carries to much weight in rankings.

BrickCityDawgs
11-03-2015, 09:50 PM

I'll agree that Florida is low at #10 but believe as of today Bama at #4 makes sense. Would you pick any of the other teams to beat them the way they've handled their big games. Granted the teams they have beaten now appear weaker. Name is a big part of it though and will always be

Charlie_Sheen420
11-03-2015, 10:11 PM
I'll agree that Florida is low at #10 but believe as of today Bama at #4 makes sense. Would you pick any of the other teams to beat them the way they've handled their big games. Granted the teams they have beaten now appear weaker. Name is a big part of it though and will always be

The way Bama has been playing at home, they are very vulnerable. On the road, Bama has looked like a completely different team. However considering they have an L to a two loss Ole Miss and struggled with both Tennessee and Arkansas at home, I just don't see how they can be placed at #4 in front of some undefeated teams that have taken care of business. Baylor has had a weak schedule so far, but they have been dominant throughout, and I don't care their starting QB is out, so far they have earned at least #4 in my book ahead of a 1 loss Bama. Michigan State and TCU should probably both have 1 loss, but they had some luck to prevent those losses, so they are debatable at this point. I don't know how good Iowa is at this point, but they don't have a loss and have beaten some decent/okay teams, so due to their perfect record I would give them a nod in front of Bama. I'm not saying these teams are better, I'm just saying up to this point based on results, more teams should be ahead of Bama. I'm okay with Bama being the first one loss team with Florida following or interchanging them, both are damn sure better than notre dame, but it's a joke to have Bama in the final four at this point. I think its just being done to create even more hype for the showdown Saturday, and I think doing stuff like that makes the system kind of look like a joke, just my thoughts on the matter...

BrickCityDawgs
11-03-2015, 10:17 PM
The way Bama has been playing at home, they are very vulnerable. On the road, Bama has looked like a completely different team. However considering they have an L to a two loss Ole Miss and struggled with both Tennessee and Arkansas at home, I just don't see how they can be placed at #4 in front of some undefeated teams that have taken care of business. Baylor has had a weak schedule so far, but they have been dominant throughout, and I don't care their starting QB is out, so far they have earned at least #4 in my book ahead of a 1 loss Bama. Michigan State and TCU should probably both have 1 loss, but they had some luck to prevent those losses, so they are debatable at this point. I don't know how good Iowa is at this point, but they don't have a loss and have beaten some decent/okay teams, so due to their perfect record I would give them a nod in front of Bama. I'm not saying these teams are better, I'm just saying up to this point based on results, more teams should be ahead of Bama. I'm okay with Bama being the first one loss team with Florida following or interchanging them, both are damn sure better than notre dame, but it's a joke to have Bama in the final four at this point. I think its just being done to create even more hype for the showdown Saturday, and I think doing stuff like that makes the system kind of look like a joke, just my thoughts on the matter...

Your very well may be right that they want to create a big matchup this weekend. I know past seasons don't matter but you know that the Alabama name factors in and everyone assumes they'll be there in the end so they get the benefit of the doubt. I don't think Iowa should be ahead of Florida or Memphis. Both have better resumes than Iowa.

Rick Danko
11-03-2015, 10:30 PM

One thing you have to take into consideration is that the committee is human, not computers. While I agree with absolutely everything you said, the human side sees that the QB Florida had leading them to where they were is now out for the year, and Harris has only looked pedestrian going 1-1 thus far. Like it or not, I guarantee that played a role in the decision

Political Hack
11-03-2015, 10:42 PM
I think we could lose to Bama and still get a NY6 bowl of A&M drops out. We could get the 3rd SEC spot at 9-3 if the east winner also has 3 losses.

sleepy dawg
11-03-2015, 11:23 PM

You can play that game in any direction though. Based on strength of schedule, w/l, and site of game, bama bubbles to the top.

You could say Alabama beat Tennesse and Georgia by more than Florida did. Also, Bama beat Wisconsin and Texas A&M, which is more than Florida's done. If you do it from a numbers standpoint, Bama is better than Florida. I doubt you could find a single respected statistical model that would have Florida over Bama... All that to say, it's not bias of people if the computer models show the same thing (at least in comparing those 2 teams).

1bigdawg
11-04-2015, 08:43 AM
I think we could lose to Bama and still get a NY6 bowl of A&M drops out. We could get the 3rd SEC spot at 9-3 if the east winner also has 3 losses.

The SEC does not have an automatic 3rd spot. We have to be ranked in the top 11 by the committee, top 12 if a "group of 5" team like Memphis is also in the top 12.

blacklistedbully
11-04-2015, 10:32 AM
Charlie, I think you have to consider that Bama, despite 5-0 t/o disadvantage AND 14 points given to Ole Miss that were unearned, still had a chance to win on their last possession, and lost by 6.

That screams of a very dangerous team that just had a bad day, with everything going against them, including things not in their control. In other words, most teams, even really good ones would likely lose a game like that by 30+ points.

defiantdog
11-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Baylor and TCU got the shaft again.

RougeDawg
11-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Charlie, I think you have to consider that Bama, despite 5-0 t/o disadvantage AND 14 points given to Ole Miss that were unearned, still had a chance to win on their last possession, and lost by 6.

That screams of a very dangerous team that just had a bad day, with everything going against them, including things not in their control. In other words, most teams, even really good ones would likely lose a game like that by 30+ points.

What are you talking about? All I've heard from Bearsharts is how much the kicked the shit out of Bama this year!!!**

sleepy dawg
11-04-2015, 02:55 PM
Baylor and TCU got the shaft again.

Baylor has one of the weakest SOS of anyone in the country. Neither team has a single quality win.