PDA

View Full Version : I saw a tweet from an OM fan...

HoopsDawg
11-03-2015, 12:12 PM
that Mullen only has 1 win over a team that finished in the Top 25..OM in 2009. Is that right? If so, wow!

Statecoachingblows**
11-03-2015, 12:13 PM
If true at least it was them!

msstate7
11-03-2015, 12:19 PM
Maybe om will be ranked high enough to stay ranked after we beat them this year

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Who gives a shit?!? We've finished above them in the final standings for the last few years. Hell, a quick google search shows that auburn finished the season ranked last year.

Coach34
11-03-2015, 12:20 PM
so what? I've never understood that crying point. When teams lose- they dont end up in the top 25

Just like their new talking point- Mullen hasnt beaten Freezus in regulation. Had one babbling moron tweet me that Mullen only beat Freezus because of turnovers....are you ****ing serious??? Freezus only beat Saban this year because of turnovers. They try to spin the stupist shit to make themselves feel better.

Some fanbase is really gonna be butthurt after the Egg Bowl- because neither side thinks its possible they will lose

Taog Redloh
11-03-2015, 12:22 PM
Auburn finished #22 last year in the AP. But yes, that is what is it is.

As far as 2010 and 2014 goes, that doesn't matter, because we ended #15 and #11 respectively those years, so that cancels out who we may or may not have beaten subjectively. Mullen is batting .333 in the SECW as far as ending in the Top 25, which is really the only poll that counts. That's not too shabby.

But at the end of the day, if who we beat is all that matters to you, then yeah you won't be too happy. Because, like I just said, beating LSU/Texas A&M/Auburn 3 weeks in a row wasn't as great as we all thought we were, and obviously being #1 meant nothing by the end. But if you can't enjoy that in the moment, then God help you.

Coach34
11-03-2015, 12:22 PM
Hell, a quick google search shows that auburn finished the season ranked last year.

B-b-b-but a Blackbear tweeted????

Coach34
11-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Auburn finished #22 last year in the AP. But yes, that is what is it is.

19th in the Coaches

Really Clark?
11-03-2015, 12:24 PM
that Mullen only has 1 win over a team that finished in the Top 25..OM in 2009. Is that right? If so, wow!

Short term memory from UNM fans again, Auburn finished 22 last year.

Taog Redloh
11-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Just like their new talking point- Mullen hasnt beaten Freezus in regulation. Had one babbling moron tweet me that Mullen only beat Freezus because of turnovers....are you ****ing serious???
The whole '3rd string QB' deal kinda throws a wrench in most of the conversations I have with bears regarding the 2013 Egg Bowl. Topic quickly gets changed.

MadDawg
11-03-2015, 12:27 PM

Auburn was ranked at the end of the season last year and we beat them.

LC Dawg
11-03-2015, 12:28 PM
The fact that their fans are tweeting shit like that just goes further to prove that they are grasping at stuff to make themselves feel better after having to admit that their greatest team ever is really just a good team that will lose 3 or 4 games. And I might add - **** Ole Miss

HoopsDawg
11-03-2015, 12:31 PM
Short term memory from UNM fans again, Auburn finished 22 last year.

That's good. I value wins over teams that finish in the Top 25. So Mullen has 2. Need to recruit a little better.

smootness
11-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Not our fault Ole Miss pretty much never finishes in the top 25.

smootness
11-03-2015, 12:33 PM
That's good. I value wins over teams that finish in the Top 25. So Mullen has 2. Need to recruit a little better.

I value our team finishing in the top 25 even more.

Statecoachingblows**
11-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Not our fault Ole Miss pretty much never finishes in the top 25.

Haha

SheltonChoked
11-03-2015, 12:36 PM
I just value wins.

We cannot control where our opponents end up.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-03-2015, 12:37 PM

Recruiting class rankings are what they are with Mullen and the current staff. No top 10 classes with him.

MadDawg
so what? I've never understood that crying point. When teams lose- they dont end up in the top 25

Just like their new talking point- Mullen hasnt beaten Freezus in regulation. Had one babbling moron tweet me that Mullen only beat Freezus because of turnovers....are you ****ing serious??? Freezus only beat Saban this year because of turnovers. They try to spin the stupist shit to make themselves feel better.

Some fanbase is really gonna be butthurt after the Egg Bowl- because neither side thinks its possible they will lose

The bearsharks are going to be crying all the way back to oxford.

SheltonChoked
Mullen is also 3-1 as the number 1 team in the country. Freeze is 0-0.

Coach34
11-03-2015, 12:40 PM

all that means really is beating Bama or LSU plus whomever finishes 3rd in the West. The Black Bears are tootting that horn cause they have beaten Bama twice. No mentions of them losing to Vandy at home though, Memphis, and some of the other turd games they have lost. They tear down our wins over LSU and Auburn last year- yet quickly forget they lost to both. Funny how the spin works

HoopsDawg
11-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Recruiting class rankings are what they are with Mullen and the current staff. No top 10 classes with him.

True. Just need to land a couple of more elite prospects per year at key positions. Specifically DE, CB, and LT.

Coach34
11-03-2015, 12:41 PM

We will never have a top 10 class under Mullen

HoopsDawg
11-03-2015, 12:42 PM
all that means really is beating Bama or LSU plus whomever finishes 3rd in the West. The Black Bears are tootting that horn cause they have beaten Bama twice. No mentions of them losing to Vandy at home though, Memphis, and some of the other turd games they have lost. They tear down our wins over LSU and Auburn last year- yet quickly forget they lost to both. Funny how the spin works

Yes, Mullen gets a lot of credit from me on winning the games he is supposed to win. How many games have we lost as the favorite I wonder.

Eric Nies Grind Time
11-03-2015, 12:46 PM
I know. No point in sweating over it. I do hope that with his recent success he can manage to grab a few big out of state guys every class though.

Dental Dawg
11-03-2015, 12:49 PM
don't forget they also lost to Arkansas

HancockCountyDog
11-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Yes, Mullen gets a lot of credit from me on winning the games he is supposed to win. How many games have we lost as the favorite I wonder.

Not many. Mullen wins the games he is supposed to. I think we were the slight favorite against the bears last year, but beyond that, Mullen wins the games he is supposed to.

starkvegasdawg
11-03-2015, 12:54 PM
What is TSUN's record against teams that finished outside the top 25?

Mjoelner34
11-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Mullen is also 3-1 as the number 1 team in the country. Freeze is 0-0.

^^^ THIS! ^^^

Political Hack
11-03-2015, 01:03 PM
Has Mullen ever lost to a non-Power 5 school?

ScottH
11-03-2015, 01:06 PM

Houston?

SDDawg
11-03-2015, 01:11 PM
This is a dead end. Any argument that starts as a result of a Confederate's provocation is a sucker's game- you're either arguing a stupid point or one that's engineered for you to lose. In this case, it was designed to be the latter but ended up being the former.

C34 has it right, when you beat a team's ass they don't finish in the top 25 sometimes. Congrats to Freeze for being in Saban's head, it's amazing to me that someone so competent (Saban) would lose to such a buffoon (Freeze) twice in a row. Shameful shit.

Political Hack
11-03-2015, 01:14 PM
Houston?

year 1 is really year zero according to Ricky Ray, so that doesn't count.

gravedigger
11-03-2015, 01:17 PM
We will never have a top 10 class under Mullen

Top ten according to whom?

QuadrupleOption
11-03-2015, 01:22 PM

I wouldn't go that far yet - our recruiting classes have been steadily improving under Mullen (as far as I recall). I think if we can maintain our program and continue winning and going to bowls, we'll start seeing less 'project' players and more rated players in our classes.

Then again, I love finding players like Banks, Beckwith and Calhoun so if we never have a top 10 class but continue producing players like that I'm good with it.

Coach34
11-03-2015, 01:47 PM

Houston in 2009- his 1st season

Coach34
11-03-2015, 01:49 PM

The Starz mane...The Starz

mstatefan91
11-03-2015, 01:53 PM

Top ten in our hearts

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-03-2015, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't go that far yet - our recruiting classes have been steadily improving under Mullen (as far as I recall). I think if we can maintain our program and continue winning and going to bowls, we'll start seeing less 'project' players and more rated players in our classes.
To have a Top 10 class, you've got to take some guys that have "huge personalities" and we have shown that we're aren't going to do that. It seems we shy away from players with serious character issues, but that could just be my assumption.

JDog13
11-03-2015, 02:20 PM

Most of them say the same crap over and over. When you shoot their stuff down, they ignore your tweet or try to spin it. They are always right, we're always wrong. I go at it with them every day cause it's fun to me.

I love it when they act superior to us. Makes them easy to make fun of. Of course, you don't need a lot when they make jokes that describe themselves....or wear a Darth Vader mask.

Beckerdawg
11-03-2015, 02:39 PM
I love it when they act superior to us.
Yeah, most bearsharts suffer from FSS, false sense of superiority!

Bubb Rubb
11-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Houston in 2009- his 1st season

A game in which we were underdogs at home and nearly won.

Dawg Corps
11-03-2015, 03:02 PM
A game in which we were underdogs at home and nearly won.

Wasn't that the game where Houston ran screen passes the entire time? Or am I thinking of another game?

War Machine Dawg
11-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Wasn't that the game where Houston ran screen passes the entire time? Or am I thinking of another game?

That was the game Boobie Dixon ran 20 yards with 3 defenders on his back for a TD. And we got screwed out of a TD on an illegal forward pass call that wasn't overturned on replay.

Dawg Corps
11-03-2015, 03:23 PM
If you wanna win let Boobie spin. I miss that guy.

HoopsDawg
11-03-2015, 03:29 PM
That was the game Boobie Dixon ran 20 yards with 3 defenders on his back for a TD. And we got screwed out of a TD on an illegal forward pass call that wasn't overturned on replay.

That call still pisses me off. Cost us a bowl game. Your entire body has to be past the line of scrimmage. On that play, basically none of Tyson's body was over the line. The booth didn't call for a review and Dan didn't challenge. Dan said he asked the side judge if it was close and the guy said No. That's b/c the side Judge was confused on the actual line of scrimmage due to the chain gang. That was the most clueless officiating crew I have ever seen.

Bubb Rubb
11-03-2015, 03:29 PM

It was also the game where Chris White ran down one of their receivers from behind about 50 yards downfield. I will never forget that.

CadaverDawg
11-03-2015, 07:31 PM
If someone wants to REALLY shut those idiots up....Add up the point spread in Ole Miss's losses.

I'll start....42-3 vs TCU + 30-0 vs Arkansas = 72-3. Now let's look at Florida vs Ole Miss & Memphis vs Ole Miss......

Haha Eat shit, Black Bears

BossDawg
11-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Who gives a shit?!? We've finished above them in the final standings for the last few years. Hell, a quick google search shows that auburn finished the season ranked last year.

Boom! This. They seem to forget that they haven't exactly been lighting things up for quite a while.

BossDawg
11-03-2015, 08:08 PM
I love finding players like Banks, Beckwith and Calhoun so if we never have a top 10 class but continue producing players like that I'm good with it.

I agree. No doubt I love the blue chips and their "star power", but the hidden gems are the guys that play the hardest because they have something to prove.

Coach34
11-03-2015, 08:13 PM
I agree. No doubt I love the blue chips and their "star power", but the hidden gems are the guys that play the hardest because they have something to prove.

Well- just look at our top 4 drafts picks this coming April:

Redmond was a 3-4 star- he will go top 3 rounds
Jones- was a 5-star eventually- he is projected round 2 right now
Wilson- 3-star projected in round 3
Prescott- 3-star projected in round 4

War Machine Dawg
11-03-2015, 08:58 PM
It was also the game where Chris White ran down one of their receivers from behind about 50 yards downfield. I will never forget that.

Damn, I'd almost forgotten that play. White was one fast sumbitch.