PDA

View Full Version : Shump

msstate7
11-03-2015, 07:34 AM
Did he play vs kentucky? Anyone think we may be changing his position midseason?

Dawgtini
11-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Did not play. On 247 something was stated about still having back issues.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-03-2015, 08:17 AM
He played special teams against Kentucky. I don't see any way we'd change a kid positions with 4 regular season games left.

msstate7
11-03-2015, 08:32 AM
He played special teams against Kentucky. I don't see any way we'd change a kid positions with 4 regular season games left.

I know this is highly unlikely, but couldn't he be moved to an H-back position relatively easy? It would be a new look to break out down the stretch vs bama, ark, or om? I really think Shump as a lead blocker would greatly help Dak with his running vs bama and om. Again, I realize this is probably a dream on my part

Coach34
11-03-2015, 08:34 AM
He did play vs Kentucky- just not at RB

Ifyouonlyknew
11-03-2015, 08:48 AM
I know this is highly unlikely, but couldn't he be moved to an H-back position relatively easy? It would be a new look to break out down the stretch vs bama, ark, or om? I really think Shump as a lead blocker would greatly help Dak with his running vs bama and om. Again, I realize this is probably a dream on my part

I don't really consider that a position change. He played a FB position early in his career when they ran some 2 back sets. That's basically what you're talking about. That could be something we do down the stretch.

HancockCountyDog
11-03-2015, 08:54 AM
I don't really consider that a position change. He played a FB position early in his career when they ran some 2 back sets. That's basically what you're talking about. That could be something we do down the stretch.

My concern is that he really would only be effective when we are trying to run it, and I'm just not sold on our running game yet.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-03-2015, 08:55 AM
My concern is that he really would only be effective when we are trying to run it, and I'm just not sold on our running game yet.

Yea I think we need to embrace that we're a passing team. Hope we can get a little more from the running game but we're going to win games on the strength of Dak's arm & our WR.

FISHDAWG
11-03-2015, 08:57 AM

I get what you're saying but we would still need a good back to run behind him and from the looks of it, the young guys still need development .... the question is do we start development or do we stick with the spread while we are still somewhat in contention ? .... interesting situation

msstate7
11-03-2015, 09:01 AM
I get what you're saying but we would still need a good back to run behind him and from the looks of it, the young guys still need development .... the question is do we start development or do we stick with the spread while we are still somewhat in contention ? .... interesting situation

I'm talking just breaking it out for really just 1 game. It'd be a nice wrinkle that a team wouldn't be ready for

mic
11-03-2015, 09:53 AM
If he is going to change positions it will be done or looked at during bowl practices is my guess....

Dallas_Dawg
11-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Nobody knows what happened during the off week. There's no telling what kind of packages we could have installed

engie
11-03-2015, 10:12 AM
We are gonna see the late 2013 I formation with Shump at FB back against OM IMO...

HancockCountyDog
11-03-2015, 10:19 AM
We are gonna see the late 2013 I formation with Shump at FB back against OM IMO...

Maybe Im wrong, but I think we can pass for days against the bears. If we try and run it, their defense is built to stop the run, but they can't stop a good QB and good WR's. We have a great QB and great WR's. I know we have to run it some to keep them honest, but Im hoping for a 65/35 pass run ratio in that game.

Liverpooldawg
11-03-2015, 10:26 AM
We have a great QB and a lot of good receivers. Our line pass blocks well. The line is not that great at run blocking and none of our running backs have shown they can run consistantly behind it. We need to embrace what we are, not what we are not.

Lance Harbor
11-03-2015, 11:28 AM
We have a great QB and a lot of good receivers. Our line pass blocks well. The line is not that great at run blocking and none of our running backs have shown they can run consistantly behind it. We need to embrace what we are, not what we are not.

abused the MSU offensive line last year, I'd hate to see this year.

Coach34
11-03-2015, 11:35 AM
You cannot run sideways vs Northern Miss- you must run North-South. If we do what we did last year- they will eat us up again.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-03-2015, 11:38 AM
We will not lose to OM.

tcdog70
11-03-2015, 11:51 AM
Shit, memphis beat the Rebs. the gators embarrassed their ass. We will kick their ass in Vegas. have some faith.

HancockCountyDog
11-03-2015, 12:06 PM
You cannot run sideways vs Northern Miss- you must run North-South. If we do what we did last year- they will eat us up again.

They held up better against AU and AL than I thought they would. There are some underrated players on their DL that should be getting more pub, but the bears want to give all the attention to kimchee, probably part of the deal from 3 years ago.

HancockCountyDog
11-03-2015, 12:07 PM
We will not lose to OM.

Im not 1% worried.

If someone offered me 10-1 odds on the bears I wouldn't take it. That is how confident I am we are winning that game.

msstate7
11-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Shit, memphis beat the Rebs. the gators embarrassed their ass. We will kick their ass in Vegas. have some faith.

I agree

mstatefan91
11-03-2015, 12:10 PM
We aren't losing that game.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-03-2015, 12:14 PM
My concern is that he really would only be effective when we are trying to run it

What about catching the ball off of play action?

mstatefan91
11-03-2015, 12:33 PM
What about catching the ball off of play action?

That creates a good wrinkle in that plan. Run with an extra blocker. Play action. Screens.

I don't see Dak under center though.

smootness
11-03-2015, 12:39 PM

Our offense was fine in that game. Needed to capitalize a little more in scoring points, but we moved the ball on them, especially with Shumpert. Our defense was the issue last year.

smootness
11-03-2015, 12:40 PM
Yea I think we need to embrace that we're a passing team. Hope we can get a little more from the running game but we're going to win games on the strength of Dak's arm & our WR.

I agree with this, but Dak needs to continue to look to run like he did against Kentucky.

Tripp McNeely
11-03-2015, 12:44 PM
The Memphis game plan against the bears was perfect, but you gotta have the QB to run it...they do, and so do we.

Double nKem and run the ball up the middle. Supplement that with one-on-ones on the outside (15-yard outs, back-shoulders, etc.)...rinse/repeat, and you'll put up 40!

Dental Dawg33
11-03-2015, 01:41 PM
They are going to get it here pretty soon. They are bobbing and weaving dodging bullets, but it's coming. Probably this weekend with Arkansas. UPIG is not who we thought they were, but they are a physical team and a team that looks like they want to urinate in someones cheerios. The bears won by a TD against Bama that had 5 turnovers, beat up an ATM team that had 3 or 4 turnovers and decided to shit the bed for the remainder of the season and won a cripple fight against Auburn that Gus handed them in a silver porridge bowl. I haven't been impressed. A win is a win is a win, but I foresee the Freeze train derailing pretty soon....

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-03-2015, 02:01 PM
That creates a good wrinkle in that plan. Run with an extra blocker. Play action. Screens.

I don't see Dak under center though.

He doesn't have to be under center to do this...1578

Barking 13
11-03-2015, 02:28 PM
He doesn't have to be under center to do this...1578

Diamond Cutter!!!

LC Dawg
11-03-2015, 02:31 PM
They held up better against AU and AL than I thought they would. There are some underrated players on their DL that should be getting more pub, but the bears want to give all the attention to kimchee, probably part of the deal from 3 years ago.

AU and AL, especially AL, didn't try hard enough. If AL had thrown zero passes in the 4th quarter they would have won. AU didn't try to pound it up the middle enough but I don't know if it would have mattered because they really aren't very good. I don't know if we can run on them because we've proven we are not that good at it but I think Arkansas, and especially LSU, should be able to.

louisvilledawg
11-03-2015, 05:32 PM

I agree about some of them being underrated. Breeland Speaks, Channing Ward, and Marquis Haynes have been balling out.

I think our O-line can hold up tho. Even though according to ole miss fans we're gonna need to put 19 people on RN in order to block him.

I get he's a great talent and has pro prospects out the roof, but 20 tackles on the season and only 1.5 sacks? I wouldn't associate those numbers with being All-American

mstatefan91
11-03-2015, 05:38 PM
I agree about some of them being underrated. Breeland Speaks, Channing Ward, and Marquis Haynes have been balling out.

I think our O-line can hold up tho. Even though according to ole miss fans we're gonna need to put 19 people on RN in order to block him.

I get he's a great talent and has pro prospects out the roof, but 20 tackles on the season and only 1.5 sacks? I wouldn't associate those numbers with being All-American

Our defense will decide the game. Not theirs..