PDA

View Full Version : For those who think winning a NC at MSU is more difficult than SECast...

RougeDawg
11-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Watching this Monday night game should remind every one of us that we were one offering plate donation away from a BCS championship in 2010-11 under Mullen. We had a better defense that Aunirn and overall team, but we didn't have one particular player.

shoeless joe
11-02-2015, 10:31 PM
Watching this Monday night game should remind every one of us that we were one offering plate donation away from a BCS championship in 2010-11 under Mullen. We had a better defense that Aunirn and overall team, but we didn't have one particular player.

My response to your post in another thread refers to just such an individual and family.

Dawg61
11-02-2015, 11:59 PM
If Cam is better than Dak it ain't by much

msstate7
11-03-2015, 12:07 AM

You see that throw? Cam is better... I hate it, but true

BeardoMSU
11-03-2015, 12:08 AM

You forgot these******

MaxedOutMaroon
11-03-2015, 12:15 AM
If Cam is better college quarterback than Dak it ain't by much

There you go, I fixed it for you.

BeardoMSU
11-03-2015, 12:19 AM

Look, I love Dak and what he's done for us, but even that's a stretch. There's a reason Cam was picked #1 overall and Dak won't be. All this qualifying people have been doing for CJ/Kimchee, and now Dak/Cam, for NFL vs. College is getting ridiculous.

ETA: and I wouldn't trade either of our two guys for those two. Let's just be happy with who we have and stop trying to compare them to other guys.

TUSK
11-03-2015, 04:38 AM
wow.

bulldawg28
11-03-2015, 07:27 AM

Dak is not better than Cam in college. Cam Newton was/is a rare player.

MaxedOutMaroon
11-03-2015, 08:24 AM

When I said that I fixed it, I did not mean that I made it right, just that it was closer to being accurate. No one is claiming that Dak is better than Cam, just that they aren't far apart in playmaking ability in college

Coach34
11-03-2015, 08:28 AM
They actually aren't that far apart- but- Cam was unstoppable on 3rd and 3 and such like that. Always kept the chains moving. Cam's size is the difference in the two. Rare player to be that big and that mobile.

thf24
11-03-2015, 08:41 AM
Cam is far bigger and far more agile despite it. Dak is the size of an H-back and runs like one; Cam is the size of a DE but runs like a tailback. He can run with power and elusiveness equally well. Plus he can make all the throws, while we know Dak is still limited there despite his huge progression. I love Dak as much as any of us, but I don't know that there's ever been a player at the QB position quite like Cam.

Martianlander
11-03-2015, 08:51 AM
I'm old school. CHARACTER!

sandwolf
11-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Well, I guess I am new school because I would have taken the national championship (or BCS Bowl win at worst).

maroonmania
11-03-2015, 09:43 AM

Well no doubt SCam would have a made a big difference because there is no comparison between the abilities of SCam and Relf. However, nobody could really sit here and say for sure that with SCam we go from 8-4 all the way to 12-0, that's just something we will never know. Even at Auburn it took the horseshoe up Gus's butt (or Chizik's if you prefer) to pull out a couple of those games including the game in Starkville and the game in Tuscaloosa.

DownwardDawg
11-03-2015, 09:58 AM
Well no doubt SCam would have a made a big difference because there is no comparison between the abilities of SCam and Relf. However, nobody could really sit here and say for sure that with SCam we go from 8-4 all the way to 12-0, that's just something we will never know. Even at Auburn it took the horseshoe up Gus's butt (or Chizik's if you prefer) to pull out a couple of those games including the game in Starkville and the game in Tuscaloosa.

That's the thing though, our overall team was much better than Auburns that year. Our defense was much better. Our running game was much better. You add Cam to that and you have a NC team.

HSVDawg
11-03-2015, 10:36 AM
They actually aren't that far apart- but- Cam was unstoppable on 3rd and 3 and such like that. Always kept the chains moving. Cam's size is the difference in the two. Rare player to be that big and that mobile.

Exactly. Cam is better but not because of his passing. He has the rarest combination of size and athleticism that has ever been seen in the NFL at the quarterback position. That allows him to actually hold up to the hits he takes running between the tackles. Because of that, he is the only of the great dual threat college QB's recently to translate his game to the NFL. As a passer though, he is nothing special. He has a strong arm and average NFL accuracy but that's about it. He has nothing that Dak doesn't have in that regard.

bulldawg28
11-03-2015, 12:36 PM

So you think Cam would have lost to LSU and A&M this year with all the talent we have on offense?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-03-2015, 12:52 PM
I love Dak but he's not in Cam's level.

Political Hack
11-03-2015, 01:12 PM
Holy ruhtard baman!

I can't stand Cam Newton, but the guy is one of the most talented QBs ever. He just doesn't have enough upstairs to become that elite guy like Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson (arguable right now), etc... But in terms of raw talent, his upside is the highest in the NFL. He can do everything anyone else can from a skill set and can do things no one else can from a skill set.

Dak is Russell Wilson. There's no comparison to Cam.

All that said, Newton hasn't worked hard enough to be consistent with the deep ball, could improve his accuracy on intermediate throws, needs to learn when to take some steam off the ball, could move better in the pocket, could read defenses better, etc...

HSVDawg
11-03-2015, 01:47 PM
All that said, Newton hasn't worked hard enough to be consistent with the deep ball, could improve his accuracy on intermediate throws, needs to learn when to take some steam off the ball, could move better in the pocket, could read defenses better, etc...

So basically you are saying he's average at best or needs to improve at literally every aspect of being an NFL QB other than running the ball and being elusive in the pocket? I would agree.

Dawg61
11-03-2015, 02:23 PM
I see most of yall are drinking the Cam Kool-Aid. Newton is a phenomenal athlete but he also throws every football 1000mph and he pouts when he plays bad. Auburn Cam is not much better than Dak if at all. Dak statistically is creeping up on top 5 all-time SEC QB numbers. He's top 10 already.

Political Hack
11-03-2015, 02:27 PM
So basically you are saying he's average at best or needs to improve at literally every aspect of being an NFL QB other than running the ball and being elusive in the pocket? I would agree.

Yep, but his top end talent may be higher than anyone else ever to put on pads.

DownwardDawg
11-03-2015, 03:05 PM
Thread got off track. Nobody cares how Cam is doing in the NFL. This is about whether or not Cam at State instead of Auburn would have won the NC that particular year. I say yes.

BeardoMSU
11-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Thread got off track. Nobody cares how Cam is doing in the NFL. This is about whether or not Cam at State instead of Auburn would have won the NC that particular year. I say yes.

I don't think we had a WR as good as Sammie Coates (sp.?)....we had Leon Berry and Bump.

Dawg61
11-03-2015, 03:38 PM

Is Cam calling the plays instead of Dan?

MadDawg
11-03-2015, 04:14 PM

And Dak is a dime a dozen?

sandwolf
11-03-2015, 04:47 PM

Nobody said that. Dak is an excellent quarterback, but he's no Cam Newton.

bulldawg28
11-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Nobody said that. Dak is an excellent quarterback, but he's no Cam Newton.

This

bulldawg28
11-03-2015, 04:52 PM

We've got two guys on campus that have learned from Dak and have the potential to duplicate his success with hard work. Aint no Newton's on anybody's campus in the country.

confucius say
11-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Dak on that 2010 team would have been 10-2. Cam would have been 10-2 also. Remember Lsu and bama were on the road that year, and we lost both by 20+

But cam is probably the best college qb ever

bulldawg28
11-03-2015, 05:51 PM
X

bulldawg28
11-03-2015, 05:53 PM
Dak on that 2010 team would have been 10-2. Cam would have been 10-2 also. Remember Lsu and bama were on the road that year, and we lost both by 20+

Cam beat Bama that year on the road down by 21 and made the comeback

Coach34
11-03-2015, 06:35 PM

We would have been 11-1. We would have beaten LSU. That game didnt get out of hand until Relf got hurt and we had to bring Russell into play.

HSVDawg
11-03-2015, 06:44 PM
I don't think we had a WR as good as Sammie Coates (sp.?)....we had Leon Berry and Bump.

Cam didn't have Sammie Coates either, he had Darvin Adams and Emory Blake. But your point remains.

bulldawg28
11-03-2015, 07:17 PM
I guess I'm just still bothered he didn't come. The thing is he wanted to be a dawg.... Why Cecil Newton...Why? I know the money was too much to turn down.

Political Hack
11-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Cam on that team is 14-0

TUSK
11-03-2015, 09:50 PM
wow.

Political Hack
11-03-2015, 10:11 PM
wow.

Wow at my comment?

Because the post season bowl special that season agreed, unanimously, that had Cam went to State that the Bulldogs would've been playing for the natty instead of Auburn.

TUSK
11-04-2015, 12:21 AM
Wow at my comment?

Because the post season bowl special that season agreed, unanimously, that had Cam went to State that the Bulldogs would've been playing for the natty instead of Auburn.

No, Hack... not your comment...

The whole thread (save a few posts)....

Pollodawg
11-04-2015, 12:50 AM
I will say this about the whole Newton fiasco: It seems like Dan detests AU since that all went down. We always come ready to play versus Bama's little brother.

sandwolf
11-04-2015, 10:12 AM
I will say this about the whole Newton fiasco: It seems like Dan detests AU since that all went down. We always come ready to play versus Bama's little brother.

Yep, he seems to always want that win badly.....I think it's a combination of the Cam Newton deal and a couple of heartbreaking losses at their place (I think that is why he seemed so giddy after what was a pretty mediocre performance over there earlier this year).