PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Thames

I seen it dawg
11-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Louisville native and great Bulldog (even though he didn't play here) promoted to a hitting coach position with the New York Yankees after being the triple-a hitting coach in Trenton. He's been climbing up the ranks since his retirement a few years ago and has worked his way to the major leagues. Congratulations Slick!

Homedawg
11-02-2015, 09:40 PM
Well deserved.....

Dallas_Dawg
11-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Isn't his nephew Dontea Jones the TE we have coming in next year from Louisville?

Homedawg
11-02-2015, 09:51 PM
Isn't his nephew Dontea Jones the TE we have coming in next year from Louisville?

Not that I'm aware of...

Ifyouonlyknew
11-02-2015, 09:57 PM

Dennis Thames is his nephew. He was signed in the 09 class.

Dallas_Dawg
11-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Dennis Thames is his nephew. He was signed in the 09 class.
That makes more sense. Thanks Dan

shoeless joe
11-02-2015, 10:25 PM
Ridiculously gifted athlete...hand eye coordination out of this world. His hands were in the hitting zone for less time than any big leaguer I've ever seen but yet he consistently hit the ball on the nose.

louisvilledawg
11-03-2015, 05:22 PM
Anybody from Louisville is all right with me.. We're freaking all-americans down here.

Slick was a cool story because he wasn't highly recruited at all. He played for Charlie Smith and I remember Smith telling me that over Thames' junior summer he went to a camp and when he came back he was like 4 inches taller and had gained some muscle and was just a completely different player. Went from a decent high school player to a freakin' world beater. He ended up going to ECCC and got drafted in like the 30th round by the Yanks.

His first MLB at bat he hit a homerun off Randy Johnson in Yankee Stadium.. It was awesome