PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful perspective of MSU basketball from a KU fan on their board......

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Regarding Herard

The problem is, despite the fact that we are perfect for him, it looks like he will go to Miss St. He needs to add strength- meet Hudy, the best strength and conditioning coach the country who has helped countless NBA big men (remember her time at UConn as well with NBA bigs) develop their bodies for the next level. She will dedicate her time to you and basketball players only. At Miss St., you probably get a 3rd rung assistant from the football squad to check in on you every other week. You need to add post moves- we'll give you the ball down low and in scoring position more than any other school in the Nation. We are Big Man U. We develop big men better than any other school on the planet.

Most of the students and alumni at Miss St are not even aware that they have a basketball team. The only game where your arena will be even half-full is against Kentucky, and it will only be half-full because 90% of the fans will be Kentucky fans. Our new player dorms are the best in the Nation, at Miss St, only the upperclassmen on the basketball team get to stay in the football player's broom closet. I don't even want to compare the 2 programs because that would be like comparing apples to some sub-atomic creature that has yet to be discovered. We'll bring more fanfare, more exposure, more... EVERYTHING.

And, oh yeah, one more thing, you'll start from day 1.

But go ahead and go to Miss St, should make dozens of people happy, not the least of which is your criminal coach.

FAAAAAKKKKKK!!!!!!!!
We can't be losing recruits who would start here to the Mississippi States of the world. This kid is from Texas, there is no excuse.

This guy needs some Boudreaux Butt Paste I believe...

Wow guys I didn't realize we were so awful and in such bad shape.** What a douche bag

drummerdawg
11-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Regarding Herard

This guy needs some Boudreaux Butt Paste I believe...

Wow guys I didn't realize we were so awful and in such bad shape.** What a douche bag

That's hilarious!

Coach34
11-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Thats awesome

Bothrops
11-02-2015, 02:40 PM
One for the archives.

starkvegasdawg
11-02-2015, 02:48 PM
http://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Mc2f58cf2b6455bca4750a299044fc804H0&pid=15.1

Jack Lambert
11-02-2015, 03:01 PM
["She will dedicate her time to you and basketball players only"]

Who is he talking about and is they a she?

BrunswickDawg
11-02-2015, 03:02 PM

Must be confusing KU with Louisville...

bgover4
11-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Haha he seriously feels about our B-ball team the same way I would feel about his football team. Probably couldn't be further from the truth from his perspective but even if our football program was lending resources to the basketball team, our basketball team would still be getting more than their football team.

I mean they are 0-8 with Texas and TCU as thier next 2 games. They haven't even beaten an out of conference opponent. They got so excited about the world series they tore down the football goal post. (LINK) (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCcQqQIwAWoVChMIhsiuqcXyyAIVzDomCh37pA-V&url=http%3A%2F%2Fftw.usatoday.com%2F2015%2F11%2Fka nsas-students-break-into-football-field-rip-down-goal-posts-after-royals-win-world-series&usg=AFQjCNGy9AVJAk4GHP_Rik9Qrn3X2Tr-QA&sig2=8IWJTyHUo83f75XGqAyvrQ)

I guess these guys have nothing but basketball on campus.

sleepy dawg
11-02-2015, 03:09 PM
But if we wore maroon jersey's every game, they would know more about who we are**

smootness
11-02-2015, 03:11 PM
This guy has no idea what he's talking about, but this is a lesson in fan bias. Fans of all schools/teams, including many of our own, evaluate situations like this by saying, 'Let me list all the things we have that are great, unique, and special. Now I don't know anything about what they offer, but I assume it's terrible. Why would anyone pick them over us?'

I pretty much expect a Kansas fan to assume these things about Mississippi State. We all probably assume the same about Kansas football.

That said, their tears are pretty tasty.

smootness
11-02-2015, 03:11 PM
But if we wore maroon jersey's every game, they would know more about who we are**

Fantastic.

I seen it dawg
11-02-2015, 03:54 PM
Would be funny getting them in 2nd round of tourney as a low seed and smoking their ass.

smootness
11-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Would be funny getting them in 2nd round of tourney as a low seed and smoking their ass.

Would be even funnier to get a higher seed than them.

Very unlikely, but shoot, as long as we're hoping...

HSVDawg
11-02-2015, 04:55 PM

No shit. KU has a female strength and conditioning coach for men's basketball? If so, that should make them the laughing stock of the country and this guys smack talk towards us and any other program is null and void. I'm sure Mutt would love to weigh in here.

PassInterference
11-02-2015, 05:05 PM
OK den.

PS: I hope he enjoyed Carl Torbrush.

maroonmania
11-02-2015, 05:36 PM
This guy has no idea what he's talking about, but this is a lesson in fan bias. Fans of all schools/teams, including many of our own, evaluate situations like this by saying, 'Let me list all the things we have that are great, unique, and special. Now I don't know anything about what they offer, but I assume it's terrible. Why would anyone pick them over us?'

I pretty much expect a Kansas fan to assume these things about Mississippi State. We all probably assume the same about Kansas football.

That said, their tears are pretty tasty.

Well his evaluation of our program isn't that far off if all you are looking at are the "near death penalty" years of Rick Ray. But if you look at our program and fan support for a 15 year stretch before that we have a pretty good track record for basketball support. That level of support and more will be back in a hurry with a guy like Howland at the helm.

BiscuitEater
11-02-2015, 06:33 PM
No shit. KU has a female strength and conditioning coach for men's basketball? If so, that should make them the laughing stock of the country and this guys smack talk towards us and any other program is null and void. I'm sure Mutt would love to weigh in here.

Most of his post was BS about Mississippi State BUT not the part about KU's strength and conditioning coach. She IS one of the BEST in the country .. If not THE BEST

Andrea Hudy: KU's secret weapon
MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL KANSAS JAYHAWKS

LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Nearly two decades ago, when he was informed that Andrea Hudy had been hired to oversee his team's strength and conditioning program, Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun placed a call to his wife.

"Guess what," Calhoun told her. "We've got a female strength coach. This will last about two weeks."

Bill Self was even more pessimistic in 2004, when then-Kansas athletic director Lew Perkins suggested he tap Hudy for the same position with the Jayhawks. Self flew in four other candidates before finally granting Hudy an interview.

"I didn't want to hire her," Self said. "Lew would say, 'If you just meet her once, you're going to love her.' But I kept saying, 'I don't want to hire a woman to be a men's strength coach. Who does that?'"

Kansas strength coach Andrea Hudy has made quite the impact on the Jayhawks' basketball team. Jeff Jacobsen, Kansas Athletic
Self eventually caved.

Eight Big 12 championships and two Final Fours later, he says adding Division I basketball's only female strength coach to his staff was one of the best decisions he's ever made.

"I don't know where we'd be without her," Self said.

Indeed, just as she did at Connecticut -- where she helped the Huskies win a collective seven NCAA men's and women's basketball titles -- Hudy has made a mammoth imprint on Kansas' program. The Jayhawks won the national championship in 2008 and reached the title game this past season. In the past six seasons, no team in America has averaged more victories (33) than KU.

Hudy, players say, is one of the main reasons.

Center Jeff Withey labeled Hudy as Kansas' "secret weapon" during this past season's Final Four run. Marcus Morris, an All-American in 2011, said she was the main reason he became an NBA lottery pick last spring. Former point guard Sherron Collins even referred to Hudy as a "second mom."

The comments couldn't be more uplifting to Hudy, who has helped produce more than two dozen NBA players at Kansas and Connecticut, where she worked from 1995-2004.

gravedigger
11-02-2015, 07:18 PM
We are in rarified air here. No kidding a perrinial power cnnot conceive of a podunk school taking their guy. What that person does not know is that we can afford to NOT land the kid and still be good enough to whip their tail if the situation arises.

Im WAY more interested in how howland coaches than who he coaches this year.

I think we may be on the cusp of big things. Malik Newman will provide the spotlight. The rest will come out of superior coaching.

louisvilledawg
11-03-2015, 09:49 AM
Any Snowball's chance in hell we pull these guys:

Kegler
Herard
Davis
Ado

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-03-2015, 09:51 AM
We are in rarified air here. No kidding a perrinial power cnnot conceive of a podunk school taking their guy. What that person does not know is that we can afford to NOT land the kid and still be good enough to whip their tail if the situation arises.

Im WAY more interested in how howland coaches than who he coaches this year.

I think we may be on the cusp of big things. Malik Newman will provide the spotlight. The rest will come out of superior coaching.

According to most there...He is NOT there guy. He was just a fall back plan. It seems the chances of landing 5* Bolden are increasing so they laid off of Herard.

engie
11-03-2015, 09:54 AM
Any Snowball's chance in hell we pull these guys:

Kegler
Herard
Davis
Ado

We should get 3 of the 4 with a decent shot at a clean sweep...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-03-2015, 10:23 AM
It's interesting that Davis just followed Kegler on Twitter yesterday. This could be good or bad. He could either be trying to sway Kegler to IU or he could just be trying to concur with his future teammate at State......gotta love recruiting!

Ifyouonlyknew
11-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Ado is talking about waiting until the spring to decide. We'll see if he's still singing that tune after this weekend.

starkvegasdawg
11-03-2015, 10:54 AM
Ado is talking about waiting until the spring to decide. We'll see if he's still singing that tune after this weekend.
So there could be much ado about nothing?

BorneDawg
11-03-2015, 11:09 AM
sleepy dawg....But if we wore maroon jersey's every game, they would know more about who we are**

Bahahaha! That will get the old grey hairs pumped ....

Mjoelner34
11-03-2015, 11:14 AM

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg again."

smootness
11-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Well his evaluation of our program isn't that far off if all you are looking at are the "near death penalty" years of Rick Ray. But if you look at our program and fan support for a 15 year stretch before that we have a pretty good track record for basketball support. That level of support and more will be back in a hurry with a guy like Howland at the helm.

I know. I didn't say he was correct in his assessment. I just said I'm not surprised that's what a Kansas fan thinks about us.

louisvilledawg
11-03-2015, 05:16 PM

Well Played