PDA

View Full Version : Frick Off CBS/Gary & Verne...

Charlie_Sheen420
11-02-2015, 01:22 PM
CBS is exercising their other one week in advance pick'em for Nov. 14th games....State and Bama will either be at 2:30pm on CBS or 6:15 on espn/espn2

If State and Bama both win this week...we will be hearing gary and verne......

http://www.secsports.com/article/14037200/week-11-tv-schedule

ETA: If they do the State/Bama game, that means they cannot call anymore Bama games this year due to them being used 5 times I believe, so that also means they will more than likely call the Egg Bowl as well.....son of a bitch!!!!!

RBritt
11-02-2015, 01:23 PM
Geaux taiga. I prefer a night game with the crowd boozed up and going crazy. Phuck Verne and Gairy!

blacklistedbully
11-02-2015, 01:27 PM
Not sure how these morons continue to get paid, but then, there is a major shortage of good announcers, IMO.

jumbo
11-02-2015, 01:30 PM
I still think we end up on ESPN when it's all said and done. CBS will want to save Bama's last appearance for the Iron Bowl

Blackout
11-02-2015, 01:31 PM
I'd prefer to be on CBS.. More eyeballs on us

PassInterference
11-02-2015, 01:32 PM
We need LSU to lose. Roll tide!

TaleofTwoDogs
11-02-2015, 01:34 PM
The mute button is your friend. Give me Palmer & Musburger over those two idiots any day.

HSVDawg
11-02-2015, 01:36 PM
I'd prefer to be on CBS.. More eyeballs on us

Total opposite here. I'll be at the game, but even if I wasn't the ESPN broadcast quality is so much better. And Nessler / Blackledge are the best in the business, especially compared to Gary and Verne. I also think the amount of exposure difference from CBS to ESPN primetime is negligible at best.

Coach34
11-02-2015, 01:38 PM
Never want to be on CBS- gimme ESPN every time

Charlie_Sheen420
11-02-2015, 01:41 PM
If you want the most realistic shot to win the west, then Bama has to beat LSU....and we will have to suffer through Gary and Verne for both Bama and the Egg Bowl now...and hopefully if everything miraculously works out...suffer through them in the SEC Championship game (I wouldn't mind having to hear them for that game though for obvious reasons)

GreenheadDawg
11-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Never want to be on CBS- gimme ESPN every time

This all day. Besides Verne and Gary being terrible we stand a much better chance of beating Bama if it's a night game and people have been drinking and get amped all day

TrapGame
11-02-2015, 01:47 PM
I don't care if it's Carl Childers and Forrest Gump calling the game as long as we win.

Leroy Jenkins
11-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Seems like CBS would save their last bama appearance for Iron Bowl. But.... as shit-tastic as AU is who knows?

jumbo
11-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Seems like CBS would save their last bama appearance for Iron Bowl. But.... as shit-tastic as AU is who knows?

Being honest about it, that game will always draw better nationally. So unless the egg bowl by some miracle ends up deciding the west I would think CBS would want the iron bowl

thunderclap
11-02-2015, 02:02 PM
I don't give a damn if I ever hear Gary Danielson's voice again.

War Machine Dawg
11-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Sweet baby Jesus, please no CBS. Verne is blind as a bat and both he & Gary find a way to blow Bama every week even when they aren't playing. I'll be at the game, but I'd consider not even bothering with the DVR if we're on CBS.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2015, 02:23 PM
So... Let me get this straight,

You guys would rather LSU win and us be emliminated from the SEC West race & less eyes be on the Egg Bowl and Bama game, all in the name of not having to listen to Gary and Verne call a game that most of you will attend anyway?

Uh, sorry, I'd just rather be on CBS

starkvegasdawg
11-02-2015, 02:28 PM
I don't care if it's Carl Childers and Forrest Gump calling the game as long as we win.

Mmmm....Dak just went through that defense like my teeth through some French fried taters right there. That was a plum good run I reckon.

Well, Carl. Mama always says, "Run, Dak, run!"

msstate7
11-02-2015, 02:42 PM
We don't want lsu to win, it would pretty much eliminate us

Jack Lambert
11-02-2015, 02:53 PM
CBS is exercising their other one week in advance pick'em for Nov. 14th games....State and Bama will either be at 2:30pm on CBS or 6:15 on espn/espn2

If State and Bama both win this week...we will be hearing gary and verne......

http://www.secsports.com/article/14037200/week-11-tv-schedule

ETA: If they do the State/Bama game, that means they cannot call anymore Bama games this year due to them being used 5 times I believe, so that also means they will more than likely call the Egg Bowl as well.....son of a bitch!!!!!

The only thing I will hear is the sounds of Cowbells and Jumbotron.

BrunswickDawg
11-02-2015, 02:57 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to starkvegasdawg again.

Thick
11-02-2015, 03:05 PM
Damn right I want LSU to win. WE HAD OUR CHANCE, and we squandered them. Should have beat LSU and really had no business getting beat by aTm. I want LSU to win the west, not BAMA, not OM. We put ourselves in this position. We don't deserve to win the west by someone else choking it over to us. Luck is part of it, but that would be too much luck to digest in one season.

mstatefan91
11-02-2015, 03:09 PM
Damn right I want LSU to win. WE HAD OUR CHANCE, and we squandered them. Should have beat LSU and really had no business getting beat by aTm. I want LSU to win the west, not BAMA, not OM. We put ourselves in this position. We don't deserve to win the west by someone else choking it over to us. Luck is part of it, but that would be too much luck to digest in one season.

STFU and go somewhere else with that pathetic shit

sleepy dawg
11-02-2015, 03:13 PM

You guys would rather LSU win and us be emliminated from the SEC West race & less eyes be on the Egg Bowl and Bama game, all in the name of not having to listen to Gary and Verne call a game that most of you will attend anyway?

Exactly... How about just go to the game.

Thick
11-02-2015, 03:28 PM
STFU and go somewhere else with that pathetic shit

Really???? That's the best you got? You're a real class act. What's pathetic is some you of you praying for someone else to get us to the ATL!!

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2015, 03:29 PM

Hey, meathead. Whatever credibility you had was just lost in this post. This has to be the dumbest, non logical post I've ever seen on this board.

msstate7
11-02-2015, 03:33 PM
I would rather play the egg bowl with winner go to Atlanta even if om beat us. I want it on the line and if we fail, we fail... I want a shot though

desotodawg
11-02-2015, 03:35 PM
its more like .. do you want bamboo shoots under the nails? or a gasoline enema? ... Both are painful to endure.

Thick
11-02-2015, 03:37 PM
Hey, meathead. Whatever credibility you had was just lost in this post. This has to be the dumbest, non logical post I've ever seen on this board.

8000 posts on a message board, you need a job! Credibility, trust me big mouth, I've got more credibility then a large majority on this board had before it was created, hell before some of you were born. Carry on with 8001 and counting....

smootness
11-02-2015, 03:42 PM
8000 posts on a message board, you need a job! Credibility, trust me big mouth, I've got more credibility then a large majority on this board had before it was created, hell before some of you were born. Carry on with 8001 and counting....

He's dumb for calling you a meathead or deciding you lost your credibility, but I fully agree with what he said about your opinion. I've been mad enough during games over our level of play to say something like, 'I don't even want us to win this, we don't deserve it'...but I didn't really mean it in reality. It was just a way to show my frustration over the way we were playing.

Any State fan who doesn't want us to win the SEC, by whatever means it comes, leaves me speechless.

sleepy dawg
11-02-2015, 03:42 PM

Okay then, I'll say it with my post count being about the same as yours. That was one of the dumbest, non-logical posts ever.

starkvegasdawg
11-02-2015, 03:48 PM
I want us to win the west and don't care if we backed into it falling down. I just think the odds of it happening are very slim this season. Screwing up the end of that LSU game pretty much sealed our fate. With that being the case, I want TSUN eliminated from consideration yesterday. As soon as they have nothing to play for the guys only looking out for themselves will quit and starting biding their time until the NFL and the rest of their team doesn't have the talent to mount much of a threat. If they lose this weekend to Arkansas then their season is over for all practical purposes. No more nightmare scenarios where they win the west.

jumbo
11-02-2015, 03:50 PM

dumb post is dumb. why would you not want us to play for the sec championship?

Thick
11-02-2015, 03:54 PM
It's my opinion guys. I did not attack anybody for their opinions. I just think that we had our chances and we blew them. I did not call any of you names for your opinions. After Mizzou, we play our toughest part of the schedule back to back to back with no running game except for Dak. Alabama and Arkansas have gotten much better as the season has rolled on, and so have we but I don't see us finishing 4-0 (Mizzou included) to end the season. 3-1 at best, but 2-2 is very possible.

Get mad, flame me, whatever, but credibility on a message board is not a goal in my life!!!

BorneDawg
11-02-2015, 03:55 PM
Just wondering .... I want us to win the West, but wouldn't that mean Lsu has to lose 3? So how many of you think they lose out? I don't think they do unless LF has an off field accident and is out for rest of season. I want us to go but sure as hell don't want tsun to go!

Thick
11-02-2015, 03:58 PM
Just wondering .... I want us to win the West, but wouldn't that mean Lsu has to lose 3? So how many of you think they lose out? I don't think they do unless LF has an off field accident and is out for rest of season. I want us to go but sure as hell don't want tsun to go!

Yes, they have to lose 3 out of their last 4, and we have to win out.

jumbo
11-02-2015, 04:01 PM

I don't think anyone is debating the likelihood of us winning the west. The point is why would you not want us in the SECCG?

HoopsDawg
11-02-2015, 04:09 PM

Not true, we have a great chance to win the West in a 4 way or 3 way tie scenario.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2015, 04:10 PM

Agree that Mullen blew the LSU game, and everyone on our team blew the A&M game, but LSU won a national title with 2 conference losses. Should they give that back?

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2015, 04:11 PM

Here's post 8001 for you, you are incorrect.

If MSU, LSU, OM, and Bama all have 2 losses, MSU goes to Atlanta.

That's not unreasonable either. If we win out, Ole Miss wins till Egg Bowl, and Bama beats LSU, all teams will have two losses.

smootness
11-02-2015, 04:13 PM
It's my opinion guys. I did not attack anybody for their opinions. I just think that we had our chances and we blew them. I did not call any of you names for your opinions. After Mizzou, we play our toughest part of the schedule back to back to back with no running game except for Dak. Alabama and Arkansas have gotten much better as the season has rolled on, and so have we but I don't see us finishing 4-0 (Mizzou included) to end the season. 3-1 at best, but 2-2 is very possible.

Get mad, flame me, whatever, but credibility on a message board is not a goal in my life!!!

Well this is slightly different from what you initially seemed to be saying. If you don't think there's any chance of us winning the SEC no matter what, that's one thing.

But you said we don't deserve to win the West, and also seemed to be saying you didn't want us to for this reason. That's something different entirely. The reality is, we do still have a chance to win it. So yes, we have blown some chances, but we haven't blown all of our chances. Realizing that, why would you not want us to win out and have things fall the right way elsewhere for us to win it?

And no, LSU doesn't have to lose 3. They only have to lose 2. There are scenarios where we can win a tiebreaker between teams with 2 SEC losses, LSU included.

Also, how do you figure Alabama and Arkansas have gotten much better? Bama beat a UGA team that has proven themselves to be bad, they beat Texas A&M, and their last win was one they barely pulled out over Tennessee. Arkansas had to go to 4 OTs to beat Auburn at home.

While our chances to win the SEC are obviously remote, there is a way it happens. Not wanting that to come to pass because you feel we 'don't deserve it' is...strange.

jumbo
11-02-2015, 04:17 PM
Well this is slightly different from what you initially seemed to be saying. If you don't think there's any chance of us winning the SEC no matter what, that's one thing.

But you said we don't deserve to win the West, and also seemed to be saying you didn't want us to for this reason. That's something different entirely. The reality is, we do still have a chance to win it. So yes, we have blown some chances, but we haven't blown all of our chances. Realizing that, why would you not want us to win out and have things fall the right way elsewhere for us to win it?

And no, LSU doesn't have to lose 3. They only have to lose 2. There are scenarios where we can win a tiebreaker between teams with 2 SEC losses, LSU included.

Also, how do you figure Alabama and Arkansas have gotten much better? Bama beat a UGA team that has proven themselves to be bad, they beat Texas A&M, and their last win was one they barely pulled out over Tennessee. Arkansas had to go to 4 OTs to beat Auburn at home.

While our chances to win the SEC are obviously remote, there is a way it happens. Not wanting that to come to pass because you feel we 'don't deserve it' is...strange.

bingo

scottycameron
11-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Not true, we have a great chance to win the West in a 4 way or 3 way tie scenario.

explain more. Isn't the tiebreaker that would be used the division record, or is there one before that? OM is the only team with a loss to the east so they win that over everybody. OM needs to get out of the mix completely, right, or they will win tiebreaker of multiple teams (division record). Which one am I missing on this?

Beaver
11-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Thanks to Daylight Savings, even if the game is a 2:30, it'll be dusk at halftime, and dark by the 4th Quarter. Plus, one of the most memorable games in MSU history (last year vs. Auburn) was the 2:30 CBS Gary & Verne show.

Thick
11-02-2015, 04:31 PM
We have to win out with NO RUNNING game except DAK. Justin Malone has spent more time getting pushed around then a Kroger shopping cart, and Devin Desper whiffs on more blocks then he gets. We cannot run between the tackles, and we won't get to the edge vs Bama or OM. Now that does not mean we cannot or will not pass the ball and score some points, but it's going to be difficult. Plus, you have to worry about DAK staying upright vs Bama. They are going to blitz, and Kirby Smart is not going to allow DAK to beat him with his legs.

We have to win out, period! Regardless of what everybody else does we have to go 4-0 for it to happen. Do you guys even realize how tough it is to get up for 2 games a year, much less 3 in a row? Add to that, Bama and Ark are going to be very physical games. Really had to win the LSU or aTm game for us to have a realistic chance. Maybe some miracles will occur.

msstate7
11-02-2015, 04:36 PM
We have to win out with NO RUNNING game except DAK. Justin Malone has spent more time getting pushed around then a Kroger shopping cart, and Devin Desper whiffs on more blocks then he gets. We cannot run between the tackles, and we won't get to the edge vs Bama or OM. Now that does not mean we cannot or will not pass the ball and score some points, but it's going to be difficult. Plus, you have to worry about DAK staying upright vs Bama. They are going to blitz, and Kirby Smart is not going to allow DAK to beat him with his legs.

We have to win out, period! Regardless of what everybody else does we have to go 4-0 for it to happen. Do you guys even realize how tough it is to get up for 2 games a year, much less 3 in a row? Add to that, Bama and Ark are going to be very physical games. Really had to win the LSU or aTm game for us to have a realistic chance. Maybe some miracles will occur.

Speaking of physical games... We get bama, Arkansas, and om the week after they play lsu? Do you think they will be a little beat up after facing LF? I do

Thick
11-02-2015, 04:43 PM

Don't compare Bama vs anybody, that doesn't mean anything. The difference between Bama and us, is they can play shitty and still win. We cannot. If that were the case we would have beaten aTm and LSU. We were really never in the game with them last year either, and we were better offensively then last year. Bottom line is if we run the table and go 4-0, then we would deserve it, but I think the damage was done with LSU and aTm.

jumbo
11-02-2015, 04:47 PM

You are the only one arguing this. The backlash you received is because you basically said you hope we don't make it to atlanta.

blacklistedbully
11-02-2015, 04:59 PM

And that's really saying something! ;)

blacklistedbully
11-02-2015, 05:03 PM

And if we win those, you don't think we would deserve to win the West if other teams fail, as we did earlier this year?

mstatefan91
11-02-2015, 05:27 PM
Really???? That's the best you got? You're a real class act. What's pathetic is some you of you praying for someone else to get us to the ATL!!

I'm not praying for anyone to win or lose. Your attitude is shitty and pathetic. That's the truth.

I'll take going to the SEC championship game every year no matter what. Conference greatness be damned. I'm an MSU fan.

Thick
11-02-2015, 05:35 PM
I'm not praying for anyone to win or lose. Your attitude is shitty and pathetic. That's the truth.

I'll take going to the SEC championship game every year no matter what. Conference greatness be damned. I'm an MSU fan.

You have no idea who you are talking to, and that's fine with me.

mstatefan91
11-02-2015, 05:37 PM

Ok.....

blacklistedbully
11-02-2015, 06:08 PM

Still not understanding the huge lack of optimism by some of our fans going forward. Yes, I know we need a little help, but look objectively at our last 4 games.

Do you not think we are a better team than Mizzou? UPig? UNM? I think we are better than all 3, and I think Bama is up & down with a shaky QB. They struggled like hell at home vs UT, and I think we're a better team than UT. We're a year removed from a game we could have beat them in T-Town has we not beat ourselves early.

True, we are not the same team as last year, but neither is Bama. Last year Simms carried them vs us. Simms is gone and Coker doesn't present nearly the same threat. Now we get these guys at home with them coming off a huge battle with LSU. On top of that, we get 2 extra days of rest/prep to get ready.

If Dan doesn't get silly conservative on us like he has in the past, I think we're gonna have at least a 50-50 shot to win. I just have this feeling Dan knows he screwed up last year, and is going to learn from his mistake.

We have a QB that is better than any they have faced thus far. We have a couple of TE's that really seem to be coming of age, becoming serious weapons. And maybe, just maybe Dan has kept Shump out less for the reported injury and more because he knows we need to win out, and can't with Shump as the featured RB. I think we continue to see more Lee & Williams, and more Dear getting the ball in his hands.

I know winning all 4 looks daunting, but if we look at them one-at-a-time, I REALLY like our chances. I think, as do most, that there is a damn good chance Bama takes LSU down in T-town. If you think UPig stands no chance vs LSU, look at how well they played Bama's run game. Do that to LSU, and LSU could be in trouble. Also, never forget how lucky UNM always seems to be vs LSU, and how Miles always seems to save a massive brain-fart for the UNM game.

LSU losing 1 to Bama and 1 more is not a pipe-dream, it's a very real, very plausible scenario, one that I would not bet against.

People, we are gonna put an ass-whooping on Mizzou, and come Saturday night, may find ourselves 1 game back with a game at home vs Bama that gives us a chance to move ahead of them in most-likely tie-breakers. And if UNM is still there too, our head-to-head at home can wipe them out. We still control our own destiny vs UNM.

Seems to me the biggest obstacle for most of you is the Bama game, and possibly UPig, since we have mostly struggled at Arky. But folks, we beat UPig last time at their place, and most of the other times they were simply a better team than we were. Don't think that's the case this year. Also, it seems to me UPig is more equipped defensively to stopping run-heavy teams than prolific passers. They have not seen a QB this year of Dak's caliber.

Dan is now 3-3 vs UPig, having won the last 3. The last one we lost to UPig, they ended up #5 in the country. They are not that UPig, and we are not that MSU!

I know it sounds to some of you as if I'm biased, but I challenge you to really take a close look at each of the match-ups we have going forward and tell me why we shouldn't expect, at the minimum, a damn good chance to win each one. You don't think we can beat Bama in Starkvegas? Why not? We can't beat UPIg at their place? Why not? Please don't tell me any of you really thinks we'll lose to UNM at home.

blacklistedbully
11-02-2015, 06:15 PM

Technically this is incorrect. Though unlikely, this could still happen:
LSU loses to Bama, UNM & aTm
Bama loses to UNM. MSU & AU
UNM loses to MSU, UF & UPig
MSU loses to LSU, aTM & Mizzou.

This could create a 4-way tie with MSU, UNM, Bama & LSU if aTm somehow managed to lose to Vandy and/or AU(If they didn't, it would then be a 5-way tie including aTm). LSU & Bama would be eliminated in head-to head, leaving UNM and MSU. Would then revert to 2-team tie-breaker procedure, head-to head, we win.

If aTm also managed to finish with the aforementioned in a 5-way tie, UNM would win.

blacklistedbully
11-02-2015, 06:32 PM
explain more. Isn't the tiebreaker that would be used the division record, or is there one before that? OM is the only team with a loss to the east so they win that over everybody. OM needs to get out of the mix completely, right, or they will win tiebreaker of multiple teams (division record). Which one am I missing on this?

Incorrect. Let's take the example of Bama & UNM beating LSU, with MSu beating Bama and UNM. Assuming each won the rest to get to a 4-way tie, the first tie-breaker is head-to head. Results of that are:
MSU 2-1
UNM 2-1
Bama 1-2
LSU 1-2

In this case, Bama & LSU are eliminated. Once it is down to 2-teams it starts again with head-to-head. It does not go to division record unless there are still 3 or more teams tied. Therefore, our head-to-head win over UNM would make us SECW champs.

We would also win a 3-way tie with UNM & Bama.

What we don't want is a 3-way tie with LSU & UNM. UNM would win the SECW largely due to their fluke win over Bama. They would limp into the SECCG having lost to UF, Memphis and MSU in their last regular season game. Nightmare scenario for the SEC.

We also don't want a 5-way tie with aTm added. UNM would then win.

shoeless joe
11-02-2015, 06:38 PM
I agree with thick.

We had our opportunity to control our own destiny. We blew it. I also doubt we win out, but it is a possibility.

DancingRabbit
11-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Well, whoever somebody is pulling for has little to do with the outcome on the field, except making noise when we're playing at home.

I have a really hard time pulling for OM in a scenario where it may or may not help us in the long run. If it's one game and a clear-cut advantage to us in the standings then I can hold my nose and "pull for OM".

My ideal scenario is Auburn beats aTm; Bama, aTm and Arky beat LSU; State wins out; OM loses out.

Duckdog
11-02-2015, 10:17 PM

Jackie?

SDDawg
11-02-2015, 10:23 PM

Thank you.

mstatefan91
11-02-2015, 11:05 PM
Jackie?
I'd still tell him he had a shitty attitude lol

FISHDAWG
11-03-2015, 08:51 AM

he's talking to a guy that most of us here on the board stood up for ... Thick, I don't think anyone is arguing that we don't have a running game or blew a game or two that hurt our chances ... I think most folks simply found your cynicism distasteful... gotta expect some flack when you say something like that. Most of us understand your consternation as we have shared that emotion but here you're kinda acting like a bama fan and all we have to cling to is hope for this year and higher expectations for next year ...... as a long time state fan I like an expectation of 8-9 wins (10 would be bonus) and I haven't had that feeling before ... don't get a defeatist attitude - hang with us bro