PDA

View Full Version : questiion - coach34

somebodyshotmypaw
11-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Coach34, I've got a question. You've stated several times that Kimchee damn sure won't go in the top half of the first round. Mock drafts seem to say that he will. Of course there is lots of ball to be played, film to be watched, interviews, workouts, drug tests, combine, etc. between now and the draft. Are you still adamant that he won't be a top 15 pick? Just curious.

Edited to say that this is not intended to be a troll post or baiting you. Just curious now that we are progressing toward the end of the year. The situation is obviously fluid.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-02-2015, 10:55 AM
And my opinion is that NFL folks will be blown away by his athleticism and agility for his size. I question his every down production and effort though. He won't work every play like a Fletcher Cox or JJ Watt. Takes too many plays off. But I think he is drafted top 15. I could be wrong.

missouridawg
11-02-2015, 10:56 AM
NM

Dallas_Dawg
11-02-2015, 10:56 AM
Not C34 but I am an sec football fan and draft fanatic.
IMO, unless he has a serious injury, fails drug tests and/or something unforeseen, he will be a top 10 pick in the NFL draft.
Treadwell looks like a 1st rounder and Tunsil will go top 10 at worst. Conner may want to come back to ensure he's a first rounder in 2017.
Gonna be nice getting all of them Out of Oxford next year.

Coach34
11-02-2015, 10:57 AM
I certainly think he will. He has played well this year

somebodyshotmypaw
11-02-2015, 10:58 AM
I don't see Conner in the first round. Tunsil definitely. Probably Treadwell also. I see Conner in 2nd or 3rd.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Any thoughts on Ryan Brown or Taveze Calhoun?

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2015, 11:00 AM
I guess Kimchee must be the suggested talking point this week.

Bothrops
11-02-2015, 11:09 AM
He's played great and will go high in the draft. He will be a non-factor in the league if he plays on the DL, though.

Coach34
11-02-2015, 11:12 AM
My concerns were about his size. Can't play DT in the NFL at 275. He looks like he has added enough weight- but I still think it's going to be a concern by teams. I can't see a 4-3 base team drafting him

scottycameron
11-02-2015, 11:21 AM
all three will be top ten, book it. No earthly idea about Connor but hopefully high enough to leave. Ingram a 2-3 rounder maybe? Adios, boys. All the non drafted ones too. See ya.

shoeless joe
11-02-2015, 11:36 AM
3 first round locks and all are potentially top 10???

I guess that's why they've dominated the SEC, and finished ahead of us the last few years. *

AlSwearengen
11-02-2015, 11:39 AM
all three will be top ten, book it. No earthly idea about Connor but hopefully high enough to leave. Ingram a 2-3 rounder maybe? Adios, boys. All the non drafted ones too. See ya.

I don't think treadwell goes in the top 10.

JDog13
11-02-2015, 11:42 AM
He may slip out of the top 10 when they get to interviews. Flying through the cosmos in search of a sherbet comb to separate seeds and stems may cause worry.

CadaverDawg
11-02-2015, 11:48 AM
He may slip out of the top 10 when they get to interviews. Flying through the cosmos in search of a sherbet comb to separate seeds and stems may cause worry.

http://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif

justwin
11-02-2015, 11:59 AM
For whatever it's worth:

11th projected pick.
Cleveland Browns: Robert Nkemdiche, DE/DT, Ole Miss
image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Mississippi_logo.gif

The teams we've spoken to aren't as impressed with Robert Nkemdiche as the national media is, so it wouldn't be surprising to slip into the 8-12 range. I think the Browns would take him here though. They have some issues on their defensive line, as Desmond Bryant and Randy Starks have proven to be disappointments as free-agent acquisitions, especially the latter. Despite his inconsistency and lacking pass-rush skills, Nkemdiche could still be an upgrade.

once the season ends and they all begin going through the combines, etc, the real value is going to be placed on them which is going to be much lower than what the Asschaps of the world have proclaimed. He does lack pass rushing skills, but is quick through the LOS if unblocked. The thing that’s going to work against him is that teams will be able to get a full grasp of his skills, development since he’s played virtually every snap for 3 years. What will work for him is that the scouts may just turn on the Bama tape and see all they need to see b/c he played well in a big game, but he was unblocked a lot that game.

I still don’t know what to think of Paidwell. #1 has a better stat line despite 20 fewer catches. Paidwell probably played the best game I’ve seen of him vs Memphis. He made several tough catches in traffic which may bolster that he’s a possession WR instead of a breakaway. I very rarely see him with much space downfield and the downfield catches he does make are usually a jump ball. to me, he's Marques Colston who was taken in the 7th, but Paidwell's a known commodity so he'll never go that low. Virtually, every 1st round WR taken the last few years have been 4.3 or better which Paidwell is not.

CJ isn’t ready for the NFL. His "laziness" from his soph year has hurt him and that media message through this year will be tough to shake. Had he played last year like this year, then he would probably be having a Cox like jr year. I think Cox had 10+ sacks as a jr. I just wonder if he’ll go pro despite not getting a 1st rd grade ala J-Rob. End of the day, is CJ one of the top 8 DL in the country? If not, he’s not going 1st rd. The media working against him doesn’t help.

Of the MS players eligible for the draft, I’d put them in this order:

1. Tunsil
3. Redmond
4. Paidwell
5. Nkem
6. Dak
7. Chris Jones
8. Tony Connor
9. Engram
10. Ryan Brown
11. Calhoun
12. Malone

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-02-2015, 12:07 PM

For the win!!

Irondawg
11-02-2015, 12:11 PM
If Treadwell can run a decent 40 time he's a #1 pick - probably in the teens. If Tunsil gets hurt again there are going to be durability concerns that could push him down a little, but he's a lock for top 20 even if that happens. He stays healthy and he's top 12. RK has some NFL concerns but his athleticism and disruption ability will have some GM's salivating. All 3 will most likely go top 20.

Listening to OOB on way home from dropping the kids off this morning and Lug mentioned something I found impressive. From that big class they signed, none of the top guys were busts. They've all held true to their HS projections and will be drafted in the 1st round. That is pretty rare.

It honestly won't be surprising is all 3 go Top 15

Coach34
11-02-2015, 12:15 PM
For whatever it's worth:

11th projected pick.

The teams we've spoken to aren't as impressed with Robert Nkemdiche as the national media is, so it wouldn't be surprising to slip into the 8-12

Exactly as I have been saying- thanks for posting that

bgover4
11-02-2015, 01:19 PM
Keep in mind, those lower round guys know what UNM has been doing on the recruiting trail. I think a few may go into the draft regardless, just to get away from the potential NCAA penalties. With the NCAA and the draft/graduation coming they could be absolutely terrible next season. And to top all of that off they still have very little chance to win the west. Those are nice thoughts for a dreary Monday.

somebodyshotmypaw
11-02-2015, 01:30 PM
When I like at Kimchee versus Fletcher Cox this is what I see:

Cox is bigger. Kimchee is more athletic. Kimchee has the bigger hype. Cox is more consistent. Kimchee takes off too many plays. Cox's motor is consistent and high. Cox will consistently wreck your offense. Kimchee shows up in spurts. Kimchee is probably a better running back than Fletcher Cox.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-02-2015, 03:01 PM
For whatever it's worth:

11th projected pick.

The teams we've spoken to aren't as impressed with Robert Nkemdiche as the national media is, so it wouldn't be surprising to slip into the 8-12 range.

Charlie Campbell, the other draft analyst for walterfootball.com, took his assessment a step further:

"11TH PICK: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

Nkemdiche (6-4, 296) has a tremendous skill set with the speed and agility of a linebacker. For the NFL, there is no doubt that he has the ability to be a disruptive presence at the point of attack. Nkemdiche is a tremendous run defender. NFL sources say that while Nkemdiche has a great skill set, he isn't a natural pass-rusher, and that can be seen in his sack production.

Multiple teams have told me that they have off-the-field concerns with Nkemdiche. One team said he has serious baggage. Another said that Nkemdiche loves the limelight and wants to be a movie star. They'd like to see him have the desire to dominate on the field. If Nkemdiche can improve his pass-rush production over the course of this season, that will help his hopes of being a high first-rounder.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016charlie.php#zyhBWSLVKGLwmztl.99"

When hollywood comes calling for the rights to the bo wallace story maybe kemditchie can play himself in the movie

Coach34
11-02-2015, 03:48 PM
Charlie Campbell, the other draft analyst for walterfootball.com, took his assessment a step further:

"11TH PICK: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Robert Nkemdiche, DE, Ole Miss

Nkemdiche (6-4, 296) has a tremendous skill set with the speed and agility of a linebacker. For the NFL, there is no doubt that he has the ability to be a disruptive presence at the point of attack. Nkemdiche is a tremendous run defender. NFL sources say that while Nkemdiche has a great skill set, he isn't a natural pass-rusher, and that can be seen in his sack production.

Multiple teams have told me that they have off-the-field concerns with Nkemdiche. One team said he has serious baggage. Another said that Nkemdiche loves the limelight and wants to be a movie star. They'd like to see him have the desire to dominate on the field. If Nkemdiche can improve his pass-rush production over the course of this season, that will help his hopes of being a high first-rounder.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2016charlie.php#zyhBWSLVKGLwmztl.99"

When hollywood comes calling for the rights to the bo wallace story maybe kemditchie can play himself in the movie

draft day gonna get interesting

I seen it dawg
11-02-2015, 04:12 PM
He's gonna drug test out of the first round

Homedawg
11-02-2015, 05:39 PM
He's gonna drug test out of the first round

I certainly wouldn't rule that out.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-02-2015, 07:09 PM
while on the subject of mock drafts, I haven't seen this noted:

Walter Football of walterfootball.com has Richie Brown going in the 1st round of the 2017 draft at 22nd overall.

"22nd pick - Cincinnati Bengals: Richie Brown, LB, Mississippi State

A very instinctive linebacker, Richie Brown makes sense for a Cincinnati team that currently has major injury issues at the position.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017_1.php#E46uXhEvdr5ULWRf.99"

not saying I think he'll go there, but that's a solid early draft profile.. for a lunch pail toter

AlSwearengen
11-02-2015, 07:23 PM
I've seen rebels hint that kimchee is a bit eccentric. Other than liking weed, what kind of craziness is he into?

Dawgfan77
11-02-2015, 07:31 PM
I've seen rebels hint that kimchee is a bit eccentric. Other than liking weed, what kind of craziness is he into?
They said the same about hardy as well.

JDog13
11-02-2015, 09:03 PM

He smokes weed with Jobu

sandwolf
11-02-2015, 09:16 PM
while on the subject of mock drafts, I haven't seen this noted:

Walter Football of walterfootball.com has Richie Brown going in the 1st round of the 2017 draft at 22nd overall.

"22nd pick - Cincinnati Bengals: Richie Brown, LB, Mississippi State

A very instinctive linebacker, Richie Brown makes sense for a Cincinnati team that currently has major injury issues at the position.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017_1.php#E46uXhEvdr5ULWRf.99"

not saying I think he'll go there, but that's a solid early draft profile.. for a lunch pail toter

Wow, that is impressive. And surprising to me.

TUSK
11-02-2015, 09:17 PM
wow, I'd no idea that Kimdichee (sp) had dropped that far...

Hell, two of my psychophants might get drafted ahead of him, if that's the case...

Op4isabitch
11-02-2015, 09:20 PM

I'm guessing you didn't see the picture of him holding his crotch in the mirror with his skinny white Boy Toy cheering him on.**