PDA

View Full Version : People remember what you do in November

justwin
11-02-2015, 10:46 AM
The next 3 weekends should be really fun for SEC West standings.

LSU: @ Bama; Ark; @ OM; TXAM
OM: Ark, bye, LSU, @ MSU
Bama: LSU, @ MSU, creampuff, @ Aub
TXAM: Aub, 2 creampuffs, @ LSU
Ark: @ OM, @ LSU, MSU, Mizzou
MSU: @ Mizzou, Bama, @ Ark, OM
Aub: @ TXAM, Georgia, Idaho, Bama. Currently has 4 wins; 5 after getting beating Idaho.

Best time of year, no doubt.

1. Can Ark make some noise the last month in desperation to get 6 wins? They are going to run right at OM @ LSU which is probably their best chance to split those two.
2. Can Aub choke & not make a bowl after all the media idgits picked them to win the west with a Heisman candidate?
3. Can OM beat LSU coming off a bye week? Will be a big time atmosphere in Oxford.
4. Can TXAM win 3 in a row with Murray @ QB setting up a great LSU / TXAM game? TXAM hasn?t beaten LSU yet since joining.
5. Can MSU feed off the energy and finally beat Bama @ home @ night? #FreeDontavianLee

scottycameron
11-02-2015, 11:01 AM
The next 3 weekends should be really fun for SEC West standings.

LSU: @ Bama; Ark; @ OM; TXAM
OM: Ark, bye, LSU, @ MSU
Bama: LSU, @ MSU, creampuff, @ Aub
TXAM: Aub, 2 creampuffs, @ LSU
Ark: @ OM, @ LSU, MSU, Mizzou
MSU: @ Mizzou, Bama, @ Ark, OM
Aub: @ TXAM, Georgia, Idaho, Bama. Currently has 4 wins; 5 after getting beating Idaho.

Best time of year, no doubt.

1. Can Ark make some noise the last month in desperation to get 6 wins? They are going to run right at OM @ LSU which is probably their best chance to split those two.
2. Can Aub choke & not make a bowl after all the media idgits picked them to win the west with a Heisman candidate?
3. Can OM beat LSU coming off a bye week? Will be a big time atmosphere in Oxford.
4. Can TXAM win 3 in a row with Murray @ QB setting up a great LSU / TXAM game? TXAM hasn?t beaten LSU yet since joining.
5. Can MSU feed off the energy and finally beat Bama @ home @ night? #FreeDontavianLee

Whoa Nelly. Told a couple bears my opinion that we could beat Bama in Starkville, I was expecting it. One turd said he hoped we could. That really sucked for a sec. I left well enough alone but went and looked at the schedules later. I still don't see it clearly. Is a bama win gonna help them in any way? dbag.

archdog
11-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Not if we beat them and Bama. That means we would have the tie break against both teams, and we need both to beat LSU, unless somehow aTm beats them.

Saltydog
11-02-2015, 12:36 PM
We haven't run the ball well all year and we damn sure won't run it on them. Yes, we'll have to run it some but I'm expecting Dak to throw it 40+ times against them. If they have a weakness it's not their front 7, it's their secondary.

DownwardDawg
11-02-2015, 03:44 PM
I keep seeing freeLee. Williams looks like our best back to me.

maroonmania
11-02-2015, 05:44 PM
We haven't run the ball well all year and we damn sure won't run it on them. Yes, we'll have to run it some but I'm expecting Dak to throw it 40+ times against them. If they have a weakness it's not their front 7, it's their secondary.

Based on what I've seen this year of our running game and Bama's rush D, every running play we call against them is a wasted play on offense. We need to throw short (in place of a running game), throw medium and throw long against Bama. Its our only shot to win. Bama will throw our OL around like rag dolls if we try a standard hand it to the RB running game.

Jack Lambert
11-02-2015, 08:50 PM
November 10th-Marine Corp Birthday

November 11th- Veterans Day.

Treemydawg
11-02-2015, 08:57 PM

^^^^ this

justwin
11-04-2015, 02:32 PM

we can't give up on the run though. We’re going to have to get production out of the backfield featuring the Big RB to beat Bama. So, agree on running it some.

Yes, we’re going to pass it 50 times but that is already known.

For reference:

vs LSU this year:
26 rushes for 76 yards. Shump was 10/30; Dak 10/9 1 td; Holloway 5/37
34/54 passing for 335 1 TD. Shump had 3 catches for 37 yds
Total yards just over 400

Vs Bama last year:
40 rushes for 151 yards. Dak was 22/84; J-Rob 12/42
27/48 for 290. 2 tds / 3 pics. J-Rob had 6 for 69.
Total yards 450.

#FreeDontavianLee can not only move the pile, but sidestep enough to get 3+ yds / carry. Will Williams and Lee complement one another, certainly. When I look at the two games above, obvious that Dak needs to run for positive yards and to not throw INTs. More importantly, the Bama front 7 is going to respect Aeris/Lee or they will tee off on Dak like LSU did.

Agree, I do think Bama’s front 7 is better than LSU’s front 7, but LSU’s front 7 did NOT respect Shump running the ball and were able to shadow/passrush Dak all night and ignore Shump. Bama is going to use that same blue print unless Williams or Lee show early that they can get 1st downs and move the ball. If Williams/Lee can’t get yards, Dak is going to be under pressure all night with 4-5 man rushes. Last year, Bama had to respect J-Rob and contributed to Dak’s rushing yards.

I also agree & think LSU’s dbs are better than Bama dbs so I do think #1, Ross, Myles, Dear, and Gray are going to be able to beat the Bama dbs in tight situations on those 50 pass attempts. I don’t think Brown or Morrow can win one vs one matchups vs Bama though. Advantage MSU.

I think we’re going to rush it ~35 times vs Bama: 5 to Holloway; 13 Dak; 17 Williams/Lee. If Williams/Lee can gain 3.5 or 60+ on 17 carries, we win assuming no INTs/fumbles. Also, I do think Dak will get his yardage once those two move the pile.

Dak will be the best passing QB Bama has faced this year. We just need to be avg or slightly better with our big RBs & a mix of Lee and Williams to keep them off balance. Bama will try to make us one-dimesional like they do to everyone.

justwin
11-04-2015, 02:34 PM

Williams is good and coming along. I still don't think we know what we have in Lee. We definitely don't know what we have when we use them together ala Dicenzo/Dontae/Griffith