PDA

View Full Version : Message board wars - STOP IT

slickdawg
07-29-2013, 01:23 PM
I think it's time to put an end to this internet "board war" crap.

SPS is a board founded by state people to get away from Swan Lake, where you could openly voice your opinion. It's evolved over the years, but remains highly popular. Are there rebels on there? Sure. It is what it is, so leave it at that. You can talk State, Ole Miss, Southern or whatever, it's a pretty broad sports board.

Elitedawgs is a board founded by state people that only want to discuss state, nothing else.

The common thread here is both were founded by state people. There's no reason whatsoever for users from one board to be taking trash or trying to rub it in the face of another user on either board.

At the end of the day, we are all state fans. Celebrate State, that's what its all about. There are no winners in message board wars. The only losers who are actual losers that participate in message board wars.

MSUDawg4Life
07-29-2013, 01:29 PM

SPS is a board founded by state people to get away from Swan Lake, where you could openly voice your opinion. It's evolved over the years, but remains highly popular. Are there rebels on there? Sure. It is what it is, so leave it at that. You can talk State, Ole Miss, Southern or whatever, it's a pretty broad sports board.

Elitedawgs is a board founded by state people that only want to discuss state, nothing else.

The common thread here is both were founded by state people. There's no reason whatsoever for users from one board to be taking trash or trying to rub it in the face of another user on either board.

At the end of the day, we are all state fans. Celebrate State, that's what its all about. There are no winners in message board wars. The only losers who are actual losers that participate in message board wars.

So, you're calling DS and HD6 losers ....

Coach34
07-29-2013, 01:37 PM
I agree that the back and forth needs to come to an end. But I still shake my head at all the Rebel posters that get so involved and pissed off in the threads about it. It really shows how much they cant stand not being able to post here. Thanks for reading guys.

Sixpack is what it is. Nobody is forced to pick one or the other. Be proud of what we are doing here and let's make it enjoyable.

Oh, and **** YOU OLE MISS

Coach34
07-29-2013, 01:39 PM
So, you're calling DS and HD6 losers ....

They are passionate about their site- as are many of us are becoming here. And let's leave it at that

CadaverDawg
07-29-2013, 01:55 PM
They are passionate about their site- as are many of us are becoming here. And let's leave it at that

I posted a thread that was pro MSU, for the betterment of MSU on SPS. Not because I thought they were guilty of it...just because I thought it would help unite our fans. And they, HD6 in particular, not only turned it into a SPS vs ED pissing match, but also allowed OM posters to drag stuff from our political board into it and hurt MSU. Now granted, I shouldn't have posted those things in the Political Board and I am sorry for that, but for MSU fans to allow that shit to go on and even jump on board with it, left a bad taste in my mouth. Because, after all, I thought we were all MSU fans first and foremost.

As for ending the pissing match...I agree. It should have never happened anyway. But when a Moderator jumps in and even encourages it, he is saying it is ok for that board. And that is what HD6 did.

Oh well. I just hope it's over.

Coach34
07-29-2013, 02:01 PM
That was all about his hate for me- it is sad

Let's move past all that and make this board the best it can be

CadaverDawg
07-29-2013, 02:02 PM
That was all about his hate for me- it is sad

Let's move past all that and make this board the best it can be

Agreed.

MSUDawg4Life
07-29-2013, 02:06 PM
I posted a thread that was pro MSU, for the betterment of MSU on SPS. Not because I thought they were guilty of it...just because I thought it would help unite our fans. And they, HD6 in particular, not only turned it into a SPS vs ED pissing match, but also allowed OM posters to drag stuff from our political board into it and hurt MSU. Now granted, I shouldn't have posted those things in the Political Board and I am sorry for that, but for MSU fans to allow that shit to go on and even jump on board with it, left a bad taste in my mouth. Because, after all, I thought we were all MSU fans first and foremost.

As for ending the pissing match...I agree. It should have never happened anyway. But when a Moderator jumps in and even encourages it, he is saying it is ok for that board. And that is what HD6 did.

Oh well. I just hope it's over.

*nods*

HD6 didn't address the issue at all. He immediately got defensive and started slinging mud at C34. He not only did it in that thread, but he started another thread to do the same thing.

HD6 has been acting like a big bitch for three years because he has a personal problem with C34. That petty mess had nothing to do with issue at hand. Yet, we're expected to be the ones to stop the board wars. If none of us ever said anything, that dude and his minions would still be bitches and would still be petty.

How do you have a cease fire if only one side stops firing?

Dawg61
07-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Problem is though there are tons of Ole Miss trolls on SPS right now intentionally trying to create a war between SPS and EliteDawgs.

32 Dive
07-29-2013, 02:26 PM

+ ∞

There are parts to almost every board one can come to like, and come to loathe.

No need to keep on with all of the "Internet Muscle Flexing" (with apologies to IvyEnvy podcast)

The thing we have here, is what should benefit ALL of us: CHOICE

Thick
07-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Problem is though there are tons of Ole Miss trolls on SPS right now intentionally trying to create a war between SPS and EliteDawgs.

Again, that's one of the reasons that this board was created. I like DS, and I used to really enjoy the Pack, but OM moderators defeats the purpose. PLUS, I cannot stand HD6...fat ****!

Coach34
07-29-2013, 02:28 PM

and Bingo was his name-o

Just dont give them the satisfaction. The proof is in that we are growing:

Our visitors have gone up 25% the last 2 weeks
We have gained 54 new members since Friday morning.
Views are going way up

Keep doing what we do- discussing sports between State people

FISHDAWG
07-29-2013, 02:29 PM
screw that, just because a poster is labeled as an Elitedawg or considers this his home board doesn't mean we can't speak our minds over there ... a lot of problems are due to bad posters, bad mods, bad subject matter or whatever the reason, just because we are members here shouldn't mean we can be expected to be put on some leash ... I have a problem with a few mods over there and a few bears and I will continue to speak my mind - and this has nothing to do with Elitedawgs ..... if you noticed, they are the ones that ALWAYS bring up the "other boards BS

hacker
07-29-2013, 02:30 PM
This thread is just turning into another message board war.

codeDawg
07-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Well there is a line between self-deprecating humor in a situation you want to change and sad insecurity in the face of rising success and accomplishment. Somewhere along the way SPS turned from the first to the second. Somewhere it swayed from a refuge to a pity party. It's a sad place to visit now, especially since anyone worth reading is over here.

Not that I'm missed, but I choose to just not post there anymore. No need to get into any message board war, I just choose not to take part in that.

Coach34
07-29-2013, 02:34 PM
You had your core Sixpackers stirring- but everyone of the Rebels were jumping in, calling names, and really stirring the pot.

That is why this site was created. All you have to do is look at threads and see the Rebs at their finest

MSUDawg4Life
07-29-2013, 02:36 PM
screw that, just because a poster is labeled as an Elitedawg or considers this his home board doesn't mean we can't speak our minds over there ... a lot of problems are due to bad posters, bad mods, bad subject matter or whatever the reason, just because we are members here shouldn't mean we can be expected to be put on some leash ... I have a problem with a few mods over there and a few bears and I will continue to speak my mind - and this has nothing to do with Elitedawgs ..... if you noticed, they are the ones that ALWAYS bring up the "other boards BS

Agreed.

They are the ones with the problems and are being egged on by their Bear friends.

Vandownbytheriver
07-29-2013, 02:40 PM
I just went over there to have a look see and they hate you guys. This is the whole 247/Scout/Rivals/BDJ shit all over again. Our fanbase sure as hell likes to try to splinter itself for the good of message board heads.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
07-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Agreed.

They are the ones with the problems and are being egged on by their Bear friends.

good job grasping the concept of this entire original post. let it go already.

I seen it dawg
07-29-2013, 02:44 PM

I hate that board and have for a long time. However lets put it to an end. Drop it like a hot rock over here and it will help. Over there those that post when attacked with "oh you're just an elite pos and that board sucks" when you make a post about some of the issues that have been discussed about that board just give them a "my post has nothing to do with elite but this specific issue". Maybe that helps. I think football takes care of most of it anyway because it's something to really discuss all week. Just my 2 cents.

hometowndawg
07-29-2013, 03:06 PM
I just want to see the wing eating contest between HD6 and C34 like someone mentioned on 6pack. Some people would definitely pony up to see that go down

EnterpriseDawg
07-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Just to add. I was a frequent reader over on SPS, but never posted for reasons listed above. It took me a total of 2 days to figure out that I wanted to post here. It almost feels like you guys took the best qualities of both 247 and SPS and combined them to make Elitedawgs. So I'm down to two websites, here and 247.

M.Fillmore
07-29-2013, 03:46 PM
I like the fact that you can trash Ole Miss on this board. By "trash" I mean give factual statements that show the ugliness of the rebels. When HD6 outlawed truth on 6Pack, I left.

blacklistedbully
07-29-2013, 04:03 PM
For me it was over-stepping by the mods, who gave me a temp suspension for something I posted that didn't actually break any of the posted rules. I asked what rule I broke, but none could be given. I think some mods let the "power" go to their heads. Still, I visit there occasionally, and never take shots. What's the point? I just come here way more often, and read and post on the threads here more often because the threads and posters here are more interesting and less pussified. Plus the SPS board seems to get filled with a huge amount of BS threads & posts by a bunch of Nancys who have their panties on too tight. I don't come to a sports board to preach political correctness, etc.

But the catalyst was really that I'd noticed the more interesting posters I liked to follow had stopped making posts over there. It was just getting too dull.

Todd4State
07-29-2013, 04:44 PM
I feel like this board is more about MISSISSIPPI STATE and doing things to help us succeed and be great than most of the others. It seems like some of the others are more about who is the coolest celebrity poster and "being right" all the time- whether it's Genespage, sixpack, or whatever.

They all started out humbly- even Gene was at one time an accountant in Caledonia that was just a big fan and then he got big, Dawgstudent was just a guy out there that works for an insurance company and he had his board which Gene attacked after they split off (which is what he asked them to do, so I never have understood why he ever got mad at them?) But at some point things changed and it got away from being about MSU and about something else- whatever that is.

I'll say this about Coach and he can vouche for this- I've had some disagreements before with him in the past on sixpack. But at the end of the day I still respect him because I understood that he was only giving his opinion about what he thought was best for MSU. I can respect that. I don't respect all the tearing down that happens on the others. Too many people look at it as being "right" or "wrong" and they need to look at it as simply having a difference of opinion.

Some of these other people that just want to hurt others at the expense of trying to further their internet reputation- it's really sad. If they had spent that time doing something productive to help MSU, it would be so much better. And I know some of them would say- "well Todd, you are a celebrity poster" or whatever and maybe I am and maybe I'm not. It doesn't really matter to me. I am who I am and if a lot of people like reading what I have to say and share that's great. If not that's fine also. Regardless, my focus is always on doing whatever I need to do to help MSU and talking about MSU sports. Have I ever made fun of other posters before? Absolutely. And I was probably wrong about that in a lot of instances. But again my main focus is on doing whatever I need to do to help MSU.

And all of that is to say this- we as a fanbase need to stop with the message board wars. If sixpack wants to have Ole Miss fans and moderators- that's fine. If someone on here wants to post on both- that's fine too. I fully intend to keep posting on both personally. If they want to bash whatever was said on our political board- so be it and at least the problem is being corrected as we speak. And on that note- I think the fact that we as a board got called out on something and then immediately corrected it speaks volumes about the people running this board.

I don't know if there's a way to totally correct the problem, but doing our part by having our board and posting about sports and keeping the focus on that is probably the best thing that we can do as a board.

thedawg
07-29-2013, 05:01 PM
I love this board. I read them all and for my two cents I like this board the best of the free boards. Alot of that has to do with the fact that my love for Mississippi State is rivaled only by my hatred for Ole Miss. I have no problem admitting this. Thats the appeal of this board for me is that I dont really give a shit what Rebels think. I do think the petty bickering between our boards is silly.. Read and post where you want to people

CadaverDawg
07-29-2013, 05:09 PM
I love this board. I read them all and for my two cents I like this board the best of the free boards. Alot of that has to do with the fact that my love for Mississippi State is rivaled only by my hatred for Ole Miss. I have no problem admitting this. Thats the appeal of this board for me is that I dont really give a shit what Rebels think. I do think the petty bickering between our boards is silly.. Read and post where you want to people

Welcome, and great post.

99jc
07-29-2013, 05:22 PM
Welcome, and great post.
NM

Ghost of Hank Flick
07-29-2013, 06:33 PM
I guess it's just human nature this stuff, like when you sit in a seat your first day of school and sit there every day the rest of the semester. People are loyal to their beer, their coffee mug, and their message board, ha.

It's funny how people say they don't care about something or someone but they can't stop flapping their gums about them. My anti-Freeze story the other day got a piss ton of views so I figured the Rebs must have gotten hold of it so I check the Spirit board to see - literally half their threads were about MSU. I guess Elite Dawgs and SPS is kind of like a rivalry, though pretty stupid one. It should take a lesson from the bloggers and just get along. I like to read and RT Beast man and FWTCT stuff and likewise. Don't care about page views, just MSU. Maybe the boards will follow suit, we'll see.

gravedigger
07-29-2013, 07:31 PM

Correction: SPS WAS a board founded by state people to get away from swan lake. It is no longer. It WAS a board to talk state athletics. Any state fan going on there to spew the party line about how great MSU sports is, was looking for a pounding without some sound reasoning.

NOW it is about snarky packaged responses that have nothing to do with sports. It's about how superior they feel with the tolerance of nafoom members that aren't satisfied with their own board. It's about off topic threads that mean little to fans who want t talk about sports. And it's about how many sets of lips that can fit on HD's ass. He cant even take a simple joke let alone someone who objects to his beloved nafoom whiners.

A poster exposed this recently and we should all take note. If you start with a principle, stick with it. If you get in bed with a whore, you pay. No matter how much she says SHE enjoyed it.

The pack has DS who has the same rights as OP4 in regulating his board and JUST like state and om as a whole, the state side has a lower set of standards as to what they accept in the form of punishment.

THIS board is proof. SPS wants to return to it's roots, let state fans blast their om asses whowever the feel. Nafoom wants to be a decent board again? Respond without using someones "mom's cum stained pantys" (that is a DIRECT quote from nafoom.)

If nafoom can camp out on sixpack and cut and paste this board they can damn sure take what they give or acknowledge they are the wusses they are.

I hate OM's whiney bitch message board fans. But I loath the very existence of the uncle tom bitch, wanna ban a state fan before an ole miss crybabys ANYDAY.

It's not a message board war. It's a simple dislike for those

Will James
07-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Correction: SPS WAS a board founded by state people to get away from swan lake. It is no longer. It WAS a board to talk state athletics. Any state fan going on there to spew the party line about how great MSU sports is, was looking for a pounding without some sound reasoning.

NOW it is about snarky packaged responses that have nothing to do with sports. It's about how superior they feel with the tolerance of nafoom members that aren't satisfied with their own board. It's about off topic threads that mean little to fans who want t talk about sports. And it's about how many sets of lips that can fit on HD's ass. He cant even take a simple joke let alone someone who objects to his beloved nafoom whiners.

A poster exposed this recently and we should all take note. If you start with a principle, stick with it. If you get in bed with a whore, you pay. No matter how much she says SHE enjoyed it.

The pack has DS who has the same rights as OP4 in regulating his board and JUST like state and om as a whole, the state side has a lower set of standards as to what they accept in the form of punishment.

THIS board is proof. SPS wants to return to it's roots, let state fans blast their om asses whowever the feel. Nafoom wants to be a decent board again? Respond without using someones "mom's cum stained pantys" (that is a DIRECT quote from nafoom.)

If nafoom can camp out on sixpack and cut and paste this board they can damn sure take what they give or acknowledge they are the wusses they are.

I hate OM's whiney bitch message board fans. But I loath the very existence of the uncle tom bitch, wanna ban a state fan before an ole miss crybabys ANYDAY.

Damn, that's strong.

CadaverDawg
07-29-2013, 07:55 PM

Hell yes.

http://m.memegenerator.co/instance/31369190

sleepy dawg
07-29-2013, 08:07 PM
It takes two sides to have a war. And I don't think you're ever going to get rid of the "wars" to an extent. Even before elitedawgs existed, SPS frequently had negative threads or comments about other MSU websites like genespage. That kind of stuff isn't going to stop there or here. The biggest difference now is that both sites have very passionate, and very active members. Many of these members visit more than just one message board. There are going to be things you don't like about certain message boards, and that is likely to be discussed on that board and others you visit. The key is to not take it personal. If SPS has a negative thread about elitedawgs, how many regular visitors of this site really care? Just because they have a negative thread about elitedawgs, doesn't mean there needs to be a matching thread here to discuss how stupid they are and how much they cater to Ole Miss fans.

Each board has it's own personality, and has something to offer for a lot of fans. There will never be a complete stop in negative posts about each site on the others message board, but you can't take it personal, or it turns into a war.

If it's personal to you, just keep it to yourself.

elitedawgs
07-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Back to Slick's point ........ enough

Coach34
07-29-2013, 08:14 PM
yeah, this one is a little different in that those that started Elitedawgs cant ****ing stand one of the guys that runs Nafoom South (credit to Afro for that one) and vice versa. None of us have anything against DS- we just disagreed with him on a couple of issues. And now Elitedawgs is here.

Both boards exist- and they aren't going away. They have their path- we have chosen ours. It's up to people to decide where they want to post and hangout- and it's not an either/or choice.

FlabLoser
07-29-2013, 08:33 PM
I like DS too. He's a good guy. Like C34, I simply disagree with the direction he has gone with SPS.

And as much as a pompous asshole HD6 is, his B&B Show stuff is really good. Hard to believe the B&B guy and HD6 are the same guy.

KennyPowers2
07-29-2013, 08:57 PM
I like the fact that you can trash Ole Miss on this board. By "trash" I mean give factual statements that show the ugliness of the rebels. When HD6 outlawed truth on 6Pack, I left.

Never has anything been closer to the truth than this statement.

KennyPowers2
07-29-2013, 09:22 PM
I like it over here because you can speak truth without half the damn MSU posters taking up for the enemy. I'm not good at Internet fights because I'm too hardheaded, so I speak my mind and leave it at that. Your not cool over there unless you drink crafty beer, listen to bands that no one knows, are politically correct, and accept Hugh freeze as a great recruiter. Now I'm not saying I won't get drunk and stumble thru the interwebs and land over there just to tell HD6 how far he can shove victory red and Op4 up his ass.

Dawg61
07-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Pretty sure DS banned Ket7450 today

CadaverDawg
07-29-2013, 09:47 PM
Pretty sure DS banned Ket7450 today

Good. That guy is the King of the douchebags.