PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City plays the game as it was intended..

RougeDawg
11-02-2015, 12:04 AM
They do everything by the book and do it very well. Great running game and offensive approach. Fun to watch a complete team these days.

Todd4State
11-02-2015, 12:24 AM
This is your best baseball post ever.

I agree 100%. They are fun to watch and it shows what I have been talking about how speed can affect an opponent.

Dawg61
11-02-2015, 12:30 AM
I hate the Royals. Mets bats have been dogshit. Royals trot out some really garbage starting pitching and the Mets still can't score on them. Royals deserve the trophy though. They are pesky on offense and their relief pitching is nasty.

mstatefan91
11-02-2015, 12:34 AM
I hate the Royals. Mets bats have been dogshit. Royals trot out some really garbage starting pitching and the Mets still can't score on them. Royals deserve the trophy though. They are pesky on offense and their relief pitching is nasty.

If you hate the Royals then you hate baseball*********

RougeDawg
11-02-2015, 12:35 AM
This is your best baseball post ever.

I agree 100%. They are fun to watch and it shows what I have been talking about how speed can affect an opponent.

Ha. This is how I wish we played and were coached but both our play and coaching is a 180 from the Royals. You can tell the Royals players buy in and work at it daily. That's what it takes, a full team buying in and working on it to make it happen. If we had that, we'd see different results.

ETA. My bad for posting about MSU baseball as unbiased as anyone on this board. It's the only sport I have intimate and extensive knowledge on due to playing for an extremely knowledgable coach. I post about football and basketball from what I see on the field/court. I've little education in those two sports. Baseball is a subject I've studied and attained more knowledge than a large majority. Ask me any question baseball wise you'd like. I just call it like it is, even though most "maroon glassed" on here don't want to as knowledge. Almost seems as if our diehard baseball fans seem like Bears fans when it comes to MSU baseball and Cohen.

War Machine Dawg
11-02-2015, 12:59 AM

Uhhh.....Cueto and Ventura are damn good. Cueto is elite, actually. Volquez has been really solid for them. Young isn't that good. They're constructed like most MLB teams now: One legit ace (Cueto) a couple of really good 2/3 type of pitchers (Ventura & Volquez) then a couple of effective veterans at the back of the rotation. And it doesn't help them that Hochevar didn't pan out and had to move to the pen. Regardless, watching them play is a helluva lot of fun.

The Mets rotation is an anomaly for modern baseball. The days of teams having 3 guys like Maddux, Glavine, and Smlotz like the Braves did back in the day are pretty much over. I guarantee the Mets rotation will break up sooner rather than later. Someone will blow out an arm from overuse as a kid (Harvey & Wheeler both have already had TJ surgery) or someone will be traded or leave in free agency, whether is Harvey, DeGrom, Syndergaard, or whoever. The Mets ownership is awful and they won't be able to pay all those guys even if they had great ownership. At least not if they want to have any money left to pay hitters.

Dawg61
11-02-2015, 01:00 AM
If you hate the Royals then you hate baseball*********

**** the Royals. I'm a Giants fan. Mets bats were an embarrassment.

Dawg61
11-02-2015, 01:03 AM
Uhhh.....Cueto and Ventura are damn good. Cueto is elite, actually. Volquez has been really solid for them. Young isn't that good. They're constructed like most MLB teams now: One legit ace (Cueto) a couple of really good 2/3 type of pitchers (Ventura & Cueto) then a couple of effective veterans at the back of the rotation. And it doesn't help them that Hochevar didn't pan out and had to move to the pen. Regardless, watching them play is a helluva lot of fun.

The Mets rotation is an anomaly for modern baseball. The days of teams having 3 guys like Maddux, Glavine, and Smlotz like the Braves did back in the day are pretty much over. I guarantee the Mets rotation will break up sooner rather than later. Someone will blow out an arm from overuse as a kid (Harvey & Wheeler both have already had TJ surgery) or someone will be traded or leave in free agency, whether is Harvey, DeGrom, Syndergaard, or whoever. The Mets ownership is awful and they won't be able to pay all those guys even if they had great ownership. At least not if they want to have any money left to pay hitters.

Only the Mets could lose a series with Harvey, DeGrom, Syndegaard, and Metz starting. That is the nastiest 4 starting pitchers I can remember being on one team in a long time.

War Machine Dawg
11-02-2015, 01:16 AM
Only the Mets could lose a series with Harvey, DeGrom, Syndegaard, and Metz starting. That is the nastiest 4 starting pitchers I can remember being on one team in a long time.

Or maybe you're underrating KC's team - especially the pitching. Btw, they did a lot of their damage to the Mets' weak spot: the bullpen. But please continue being...
http://i.imgur.com/If8hot2.gif

Dawg61
11-02-2015, 01:36 AM
Or maybe you're underrating KC's team - especially the pitching. Btw, they did a lot of their damage to the Mets' weak spot: the bullpen. But please continue being...

Did you watch Cueto vs the Blue Jays and vs the Pirates two years ago? He is a headcase that can be rattled very easily in the playoffs. I realize he pitched at home vs the Mets but still. He is hot garbage when the pressure is on and the Mets failed to capitalize. Vasquez, Ventura, Young? You kidding me with that rotation. That might be the worst starting rotation I can remember winning a WS.

mstatefan91
11-02-2015, 02:02 AM
Did you watch Cueto vs the Blue Jays and vs the Pirates two years ago? He is a headcase that can be rattled very easily in the playoffs. I realize he pitched at home vs the Mets but still. He is hot garbage when the pressure is on and the Mets failed to capitalize. Vasquez, Ventura, Young? You kidding me with that rotation. That might be the worst starting rotation I can remember winning a WS.

But they won. Argue it all you want. They won in very convincing fashion...

dawgs
11-02-2015, 02:25 AM

Wow you are really butthurt for your team to have beaten the royals last year. Seems like you are responding as if the royals ****ed over the Giants last year or something.

Royals didn't just get hot at the end of the season and the playoffs either. They led the AL central pretty much wire to wire and finished with one of the best overall records in baseball this year. So maybe their starting pitching is a little better than you are willing to admit. It's not their strongest facet of the game, but it's not like they are trotting out the equivalent of the Rockies either.

Dawg61
11-02-2015, 03:00 AM
Wow you are really butthurt for your team to have beaten the royals last year. Seems like you are responding as if the royals ****ed over the Giants last year or something.

Royals didn't just get hot at the end of the season and the playoffs either. They led the AL central pretty much wire to wire and finished with one of the best overall records in baseball this year. So maybe their starting pitching is a little better than you are willing to admit. It's not their strongest facet of the game, but it's not like they are trotting out the equivalent of the Rockies either.

If you'd been paying attention you would of noticed how butthurt the Royals and their fans acted the entire season cause they lost last year. They voted in their entire starting lineup basically to the All-Star game. Biggest Busch league move ever. They refused to admit the Giants deserved the trophy. Hell yea I hate the Royals. I can't wait for them to suck again.

Bully13
11-02-2015, 07:20 AM
If you'd been paying attention you would of noticed how butthurt the Royals and their fans acted the entire season cause they lost last year. They voted in their entire starting lineup basically to the All-Star game. Biggest Busch league move ever. They refused to admit the Giants deserved the trophy. Hell yea I hate the Royals. I can't wait for them to suck again.

do you have Royal butthurt or is it American League butthurt? I've always liked the Mets but when they are not in it, I pull for the AL teams in the WS and ALL Star game because it seems most NL fans have always had AL butthurt. some type of superiority complex or something and always whining about the DH , or "we have better pitching", "yall's strike zone sux"..etc....blah blah...

BB30
11-02-2015, 10:12 AM
You don't just luck into a World Series without above average pitching.

dawgs
11-02-2015, 10:51 AM

I haven't heard anyone say the Giants didn't deserve the title. Granted I don't interact regular with many royals fans, but my bet is that you are being a little over sensitive about something 1 person said or something.

Blackout
11-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Average Score for the WS

Mets - 3.8
Royals - 5.4

And thats with the Mets having the biggest outlier of 9 runs in game 3. They lost because they were soft and didn't take advantage of below average starting pitching from KC.

MaroonFlounder
11-02-2015, 12:46 PM
A huge part of the Royals success is NED YOST.

Not bad for a former taxidermist in Jackson, MS.

dawgs
11-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Average Score for the WS

Mets - 3.8
Royals - 5.4

And thats with the Mets having the biggest outlier of 9 runs in game 3. They lost because they were soft and didn't take advantage of below average starting pitching from KC.

Mets had been the best offense in baseball from the trading deadline thru the NLCS. So I wouldn't say it's all the mets fault they didn't score enough runs, the royals pitching had something to do with it too. The royals built a team on a budget they could pay and for the park they play in. Someone like Chris young isn't a stud, but he's a veteran fly ball pitcher which works when half your games are in a pitcher friendly park and your OF covers more ground than anyone else. You don't go to game 7 in the World Series and follow it up by leading your division wire to wire and winning the WS because your starting pitching sucks. It's not great, but it doesn't have to be when you are great defensively and in the bullpen. Merely adequate works perfectly fine in that case.

smootness
11-02-2015, 03:23 PM

Hahahaha

That's rich.

KB21
11-02-2015, 05:31 PM
The Royals as a team had the third best ERA in the AL. They were anything but a below average pitching staff.

Blackout
11-02-2015, 08:04 PM
A huge part of the Royals success is NED YOST.

DAYTON MOORE

KB21
11-02-2015, 08:50 PM
DAYTON MOORE

Dayton Moore learned at the side of John Schuerholz, and Ned learned at the side of Bobby Cox. So, they learned from two of the best of our generation. Kansas City is essentially Atlanta in the AL. Even their front office staff came from Atlanta: JJ Picollo, Rene Francisco, Lonnie Goldberg, Gene Watson....etc.