PDA

View Full Version : I'm pretty sure Adidas is about to f*** us over again on a uniform

Todd4State
11-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Can't wait to see what these "ice" uniforms look like.** Adidas can not stand prosperity- we had a uniform that we all liked and we were good with it. And then they have SLOWLY slipped in their toe deeper and deeper into the water.

First it was the silver pants- which I actually suggested in discussion and it looked good, so I was OK with it.

Then they had all maroon for HC. Hey, if that's what Scott wants as a tradition (all maroon worn on the last three HC) I can live it.

And of course we all knew that black uniforms were coming in the pre-season with the black out- and I thought they looked good. I think a lot of people agree with me when I say that the black uniforms were widely accepted in general and I did like seeing a black version of Jackie's late 1990's uniforms and they kept the helmet maroon.

Now that they have everyone on their side, it appears (rumor) that we are going to have some ridiculous "ice" uniforms for Mizzou complete with white helmets. I'm imaging something like what Texas A&M wore against us last year or what we wore against Texas A&M for the now infamous "Snow Bowl Tribute" game which to me was one of the low points in Stricklin's tenure as AD. Probably with some "Starkvegas" reference on it.

If Adidas wants us to wear some tech fit uniform, make it the Egg Bowl uniform. We need to stop pretending to be Oregon and start to BE Mississippi State.

DanDority
11-01-2015, 09:52 PM
AGREED!

UMCDawg16
11-01-2015, 10:09 PM
I couldn't disagree more. Recruits love alternate uniforms. Teams like Bama and LSU don't need them to get recruits. We need all the help we can get.

Todd4State
11-01-2015, 10:29 PM
We could also get recruits by winning 10 games a year since that is a MUCH more proven method of recruiting success (Bama, LSU) than wearing something ugly.

The problem is this- and what Scott doesn't get- when you see a picture of Dak Prescott 10 year from now, and you see a picture of him in a MSU uniform and the uniform is all generic "ice white" and looks ridiculous and dated at that time which it will 10 year from now trust me, "recruits" are going to think- "gee, that looks stupid."

What we want recruits to think is Mississippi State when they see an image of our football team. And aside from the Indy Bowl 2000, "ice white" is in now way shape or form associated with MSU football. And don't get me started on my soapbox about MSU celebrating a freaking Independence Bowl victory in any way, shape, or form.

Edit to add- and the reason why I was OK with silver/black/etc. is because those are colors that HAVE been associated with MSU in some way shape or form before- with silver in the 1980's and black accents on the late 1990's uniform.

thunderclap
11-01-2015, 10:40 PM
17. I hope not.

DancingRabbit
11-01-2015, 10:40 PM
If Dan had a big problem with it we wouldn't see them. Personally I'm more a traditional type, but I don't get to worked up about uniforms.

I really like our standard uniforms this year, but would prefer a stripe on the pants like we had on the gray pants instead of the large M-state graphic.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-01-2015, 10:43 PM
I like it. The team likes it & yes recruits like it. Does it make recruits choose a school? No but if you don't think recruits like stuff like this I don't know what to say. It's not like the classic maroon & white look has led us to some great history & we'd be foolish to mess with it. Alternate jerseys aren't going anywhere.

Todd4State
11-01-2015, 10:54 PM
I like it. The team likes it & yes recruits like it. Does it make recruits choose a school? No but if you don't think recruits like stuff like this I don't know what to say. It's not like the classic maroon & white look has led us to some great history & we'd be foolish to mess with it. Alternate jerseys aren't going anywhere.

So we agree then?

I'm OK with some alternate- but it should be alternate within a certain scheme and there should be a line drawn somewhere. I would say that "ice" is crossing the line.

msstate7
11-01-2015, 10:56 PM
Anyone have a pic of these uniforms?

Todd4State
11-01-2015, 10:57 PM
If Dan had a big problem with it we wouldn't see them. Personally I'm more a traditional type, but I don't get to worked up about uniforms.

I really like our standard uniforms this year, but would prefer a stripe on the pants like we had on the gray pants instead of the large M-state graphic.

I doubt Dan has a lot of say in it to be honest with you. Cohen certainly wouldn't have signed off on some of the baseball uniforms that we were forced to wear the past two years.

And agree with you on the stripe. The M-State graphic looks ridiculous and I have no idea why Adidas insists on keeping it on there.

ZedFedder
11-01-2015, 10:58 PM
Has anyone seen the unis yet? Until we see them I don't understand the hullabaloo.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-01-2015, 10:59 PM
So we agree then?

I'm OK with some alternate- but it should be alternate within a certain scheme and there should be a line drawn somewhere. I would say that "ice" is crossing the line.

I guess my thing is people complaining about tradition. What is our tradition in football? A perennial loser with the reputation as the toughest place to win in the SEC. A lot of people bring up Bama & LSU & what they don't have to do. I'm sorry but that's as crazy as OM fans talking about their history in the same vain as those teams. We don't have much history or tradition not positive anyway. If we want to think outside the box to get more eyes on MSU & more mouths talking about us then I'm all for it. Just my opinion.

Todd4State
11-01-2015, 11:00 PM
Anyone have a pic of these uniforms?

Not officially. HailState Uniforms has a mock up that he did on his own, but it's just his own personal take on what it might look like and not official. He's the one that came up with the "bumblebee uniforms" that a lot of people thought was going to happen.

https://twitter.com/hailstateunis

There are also pictures of a white MSU helmet- but you can't see the logo, just "Bulldogs" and then hints of "ice" that the athletic dept. has been putting out.

DancingRabbit
11-01-2015, 11:05 PM
I doubt Dan has a lot of say in it to be honest with you. Cohen certainly wouldn't have signed off on some of the baseball uniforms that we were forced to wear the past two years.

And agree with you on the stripe. The M-State graphic looks ridiculous and I have no idea why Adidas insists on keeping it on there.

Stricklin and Keenum aren't going to piss off Dan over some uniforms. And Dan probably likes most of the "alternate" stuff. He made a big deal about getting those special shoes for media days.

Todd4State
11-01-2015, 11:08 PM
I guess my thing is people complaining about tradition. What is our tradition in football? A perennial loser with the reputation as the toughest place to win in the SEC. A lot of people bring up Bama & LSU & what they don't have to do. I'm sorry but that's as crazy as OM fans talking about their history in the same vain as those teams. We don't have much history or tradition not positive anyway. If we want to think outside the box to get more eyes on MSU & more mouths talking about us then I'm all for it. Just my opinion.

We are more than a football program. How many baseball, basketball, and football moments have we had wearing MAROON AND WHITE. Those are our school colors. Are you kidding me? One of our school slogans was TRUE MAROON for goodness sakes.

And here's ANOTHER thing that you and Scott aren't getting. EVERYONE else in college football uses alternate uniforms- black, throwback, weird, etc. Even LSU has had them in the past. Except for a few like Alabama and Penn State. So, no one is going to talk about our ice uniforms on Thursday. Especially since they are likely Texas A&M rip offs.

So, the ONLY way that people talk about it and for it to be so outside the box and ridiculous that it's a parody of itself- and in THAT case it's that the country would be laughing at us. Is that what we REALLY want? To be the class clown of the SEC starving for attention?

Todd4State
11-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Stricklin and Keenum aren't going to piss off Dan over some uniforms. And Dan probably likes most of the "alternate" stuff. He made a big deal about getting those special shoes for media days.

Which has nothing to do with any of this. He doesn't wear them on the sidelines does he? He doesn't make the team wear them.

pscf3
11-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Ok, guys. Here's the story regarding Thursday's uniforms:

I was told last Saturday that we would be wearing all-white uniforms, including helmets, vs Missouri. The person wasn't sure if there would be all-new uniforms to go with the helmet but was under the impression that there would be. I made a concept based on this idea (same thing as with the 1895 unis), which basically entailed a white-based version of the black jersey worn vs Kentucky (with silver #s and maroon stripes outlined in gray.). I still think that is a likely way to go if there are actually uniforms to go with the white helmet.

Fast forward to today, when the players were given the helmets, which are matte white with a white facemask, to wear in practice this week. The helmets don't have decals on the side yet, presumably so they wouldn't get ripped off in practice before the game. Based off of the above evidence, I put out a couple of teasers to spread the news, using "icy" and "stormtrooper" because those are both popular names for all-white uniforms.

All we know is that we'll be wearing white helmets vs Missouri. Special uniforms are possible, even likely, but are not confirmed.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-01-2015, 11:13 PM
So by wearing something other than maroon or white 13 times a year people are going to forget we're maroon & white? So you don't think recruits are going to be talking about alternate jerseys on Thursday? They did with the black jerseys. You don't even know what the jerseys look like so how can you say we look ridiculous? Hey it's obvious we're not going to agree on this. We play 13 games I'm fine with something different 3 or 4 times a year.

War Machine Dawg
11-01-2015, 11:39 PM
So by wearing something other than maroon or white 13 times a year people are going to forget we're maroon & white? So you don't think recruits are going to be talking about alternate jerseys on Thursday? They did with the black jerseys. You don't even know what the jerseys look like so how can you say we look ridiculous? Hey it's obvious we're not going to agree on this. We play 13 games I'm fine with something different 3 or 4 times a year.

Once or twice is enough. Any more is approaching Oregon/Maryland territory. Stop it. Maroon & white except for Egg Bowl (because we all know Adidas & Mullen aren't stopping the gold shit) and one other game like a blackout. That's plenty. The other 12 games - wear the damn school colors.

That said, I have no problem with an "all white" look. I just hope the numbers are maroon so you can see them. The Snow Bowl Tribute uniforms a few years ago were awful because you couldn't read the jersey numbers. And for crying out loud, stick with a ****ing maroon helmet. The white helmets other than the JWS interlocking MSU have been garbage. Shiny maroon helmets should be a non-negotiable, except for a matte maroon on blackouts.

Todd4State
11-01-2015, 11:48 PM

No- they won't forget that we are maroon and white- which is EXACTLY WHY WE SHOULD WEAR MAROON AND WHITE.

As far as the recruits- we'll see. I bet they forget about it by the weekend if they do.

How do I know that they will look ridiculous? Again- we'll see. I have a bad feeling about this though. Let's not pretend like Adidas has exactly knocked it out of the park with our uniforms- ESPECIALLY when it comes to something "outside the box". If they had a track record of 85-90% as opposed to the approx. 50% success rate that they have with us, I would probably be a little more optimistic. We're less than a year removed from the **** TSUN uniform debacle with the baseball team that someone from Adidas thought was a great idea. A lot of schools would have cut the cord right there over that.

Again, I'm fine with something different 3 or 4 times a year too- BUT I do ask that it be within our maroon and white color scheme. Even Oregon VERY RARELY goes outside of theirs. If you don't have a color scheme then you have no identity.

Maroon helmets, maroon jerseys, and white pants for home SEC and against in-state schools (USM, JSU, Alcorn, and Valley) with Egg Bowl uniforms being the exception.

Maroon helmets, white jerseys, and white pants for road SEC and USM with the Egg Bowl as an exception.

All maroon for homecoming.

Silver pants, blackout, whatever ridiculous theme Adidas comes up with use that for OOC games other than the above listed exceptions which is all maroon for HC and primary uniforms for the in state schools.

Todd4State
11-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Once or twice is enough. Any more is approaching Oregon/Maryland territory. Stop it. Maroon & white except for Egg Bowl (because we all know Adidas & Mullen aren't stopping the gold shit) and one other game like a blackout. That's plenty. The other 12 games - wear the damn school colors.

That said, I have no problem with an "all white" look. I just hope the numbers are maroon so you can see them. The Snow Bowl Tribute uniforms a few years ago were awful because you couldn't read the jersey numbers. And for crying out loud, stick with a ****ing maroon helmet. The white helmets other than the JWS interlocking MSU have been garbage. Shiny maroon helmets should be a non-negotiable, except for a matte maroon on blackouts.

Agree for the most part.

ASSUMING we wear maroon jerseys and white pants for Alabama which at this point is not exactly set in stone we would have worn our PRIMARY home uniforms THREE times total- (LSU, Northwestern State, and Alabama*) And then our primary all white road uniforms twice assuming we don't wear them against Arkansas (USM and Auburn) So, assuming Egg Bowl uniforms, that would mean that we have worn our primary uniforms LESS THAN half of the season. And that's a baseless assumption on my part- it could VERY WELL be THREE times this year for our primary uniforms.

Todd4State
11-01-2015, 11:56 PM
Ok, guys. Here's the story regarding Thursday's uniforms:

I was told last Saturday that we would be wearing all-white uniforms, including helmets, vs Missouri. The person wasn't sure if there would be all-new uniforms to go with the helmet but was under the impression that there would be. I made a concept based on this idea (same thing as with the 1895 unis), which basically entailed a white-based version of the black jersey worn vs Kentucky (with silver #s and maroon stripes outlined in gray.). I still think that is a likely way to go if there are actually uniforms to go with the white helmet.

Fast forward to today, when the players were given the helmets, which are matte white with a white facemask, to wear in practice this week. The helmets don't have decals on the side yet, presumably so they wouldn't get ripped off in practice before the game. Based off of the above evidence, I put out a couple of teasers to spread the news, using "icy" and "stormtrooper" because those are both popular names for all-white uniforms.

All we know is that we'll be wearing white helmets vs Missouri. Special uniforms are possible, even likely, but are not confirmed.

Thank you for sharing and I enjoy your web site.

Homedawg
11-02-2015, 12:10 AM
I'm trying to figure out why on the world a uniform thread always turns into multiple pages. Who gives a shit really.

Todd4State
11-02-2015, 12:18 AM
I'm trying to figure out why on the world a uniform thread always turns into multiple pages. Who gives a shit really.

Because football uniforms are ****ing cool. And recruits give a shit. That's why we embarrass the fans and alumni.

Dawg61
11-02-2015, 12:26 AM
Let's see them first before getting pissed. Might just look really good still.

sleepy dawg
11-02-2015, 12:40 AM

Yeah, really... Why are you so irate about this Todd? It really isn't that big of a deal. I'll take it as a good thing though that the bitching is centered around uniforms.

War Machine Dawg
11-02-2015, 12:46 AM

Like I said, I won't mind an all white look IF we can see the jersey numbers. But Todd has a great point about the success rate of Adidas when it comes to all these "special" looks. I just wish we'd stop being their ****ing lab rat for jersey experimentation. We FINALLY got a uniform we all love and now we're whoring out for 85 "special" uniforms. I'd just prefer we wear our actual uniform 10 of the 12 games a year. Don't know why that's controversial. We can still do the special Egg Bowl unis and one other every year and that is plenty. (I count the all maroon look on homecoming as our real uni.)

I do wish we'd occasionally use the shiny maroon bulldog face helmet we wore a couple of years ago against OSU and UK. I thought those were the best "alternate" helmets of the Mullen Era so far. They'd have been badass with the blackout this year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-02-2015, 12:50 AM
get over it! I have no problem being the "Oregon" of Adidas!......What the hell difference does it make what they wear? They are 18-22 year old kids that LOVE it so thats fine by me. They dont give 2 shits about what you or anyone else think looks good. Can we get over this uniform thing and accept it. I can just see basketball teams in the 90's saying "You better not mess with our short shorts! DAMN YOU MICHIGAN FAB 5...DAMN YOU.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-02-2015, 12:53 AM
We FINALLY got a uniform we all love and now we're whoring out for 85 "special" uniforms.

Here is the problem...."WE" It's is not "we" who wears them. IF the players like them.....why is a problem?

Dawg61
11-02-2015, 12:56 AM
Like I said, I won't mind an all white look IF we can see the jersey numbers. But Todd has a great point about the success rate of Adidas when it comes to all these "special" looks. I just wish we'd stop being their ****ing lab rat for jersey experimentation. We FINALLY got a uniform we all love and now we're whoring out for 85 "special" uniforms. I'd just prefer we wear our actually uniform 10 of the 12 games a year. Don't know why that's controversial. We can still do the special Egg Bowl unis and one other every year and that is plenty. (I count the all maroon look on homecoming as our real uni.)

I do wish we'd occasionally use the shiny maroon bulldog face helmet we wore a couple of years ago against OSU and UK. I thought those were the best "alternate" helmets of the Mullen Era so far. They'd have been badass with the blackout this year.

I don't think some of yall understand how an apparel contract works. Adidas pays us a shit ton of money to use our teams as their platform to sell Adidas. Adidas has already paid the money. Now MSU must hold up its end of the agreement by allowing Adidas to basically do whatever the **** they want. Therefore Adidas uses this to showcase as much shit as they can. Adidas chooses our uniform schedule and it's set to very active. Be happy we are a big dog that demands a $20 million dollar contract and stop bitching about the uniforms. Remember that $20 million instead.

Todd4State
11-02-2015, 01:01 AM
Yeah, really... Why are you so irate about this Todd? It really isn't that big of a deal. I'll take it as a good thing though that the bitching is centered around uniforms.

I just think it's silly and unnecessary. And it's contradictory because all we hear about is "branding"- which is why we have the M-State logo and not the inter-locking MSU right Scott Stricklin? But then we have 14 different uniforms- which totally goes against the "branding" argument. Especially since a BIG part of our "brand" is Maroon and White- with Maroon being more prominent than white, so having a uniform that doesn't have maroon in it does not help with our branding and actually hurts it.

Like I said, they are dipping their toe further and further into the water until they totally get away from what we are altogether.

And yes, I will concede that there is a chance that the uniforms actually do look good- but I have very strong doubts.

Dawg61
11-02-2015, 01:09 AM
I just think it's silly and unnecessary. And it's contradictory because all we hear about is "branding"- which is why we have the M-State logo and not the inter-locking MSU right Scott Stricklin? But then we have 14 different uniforms- which totally goes against the "branding" argument. Especially since a BIG part of our "brand" is Maroon and White- with Maroon being more prominent than white, so having a uniform that doesn't have maroon in it does not help with our branding and actually hurts it.

Like I said, they are dipping their toe further and further into the water until they totally get away from what we are altogether.

And yes, I will concede that there is a chance that the uniforms actually do look good- but I have very strong doubts.

So are we supposed to just rob Adidas of $20 million? They paid us so they can sell Adidas. I say be happy Adidas would like to pay us $20 mill to sell their shit.

Todd4State
11-02-2015, 01:10 AM
I don't think some of yall understand how an apparel contract works. Adidas pays us a shit ton of money to use our teams as their platform to sell Adidas. Adidas has already paid the money. Now MSU must hold up its end of the agreement by allowing Adidas to basically do whatever the **** they want. Therefore Adidas uses this to showcase as much shit as they can. Adidas chooses our uniform schedule and it's set to very active. Be happy we are a big dog that demands a $20 million dollar contract and stop bitching about the uniforms. Remember that $20 million instead.

And that's why we practically demanded that we use replica's of the Nike uniforms or about as close as you can get without copyright infringement and are telling them to shove their bats up you know where. You forget that they need us as much as we need them. Being a SEC school we can certainly get on with Under Armour or even go back to Nike- which while I'm sure they may pay us less, but they would also put out better merchandise than Adidas thus causing more sales for MSU across the board and likely making up for any windfall.

Like I said- they're pretty lucky we didn't cut them off completely after the baseball jersey incident this spring. Most schools probably would have.

Todd4State
11-02-2015, 01:11 AM
So are we supposed to just rob Adidas of $20 million? They paid us so they can sell Adidas. I say be happy Adidas would like to pay us $20 mill to sell their shit.

WHAT?

Is it REALLY too much to ask that our uniforms are our school colors? How ungrateful of me.**

Taog Redloh
11-02-2015, 01:17 AM
get over it! I have no problem being the "Oregon" of Adidas!......What the hell difference does it make what they wear? They are 18-22 year old kids that LOVE it so thats fine by me. They dont give 2 shits about what you or anyone else think looks good. Can we get over this uniform thing and accept it. I can just see basketball teams in the 90's saying "You better not mess with our short shorts! DAMN YOU MICHIGAN FAB 5...DAMN YOU.
Thread

ETA: It is important to note that I am agreeing on football. The baseball uniforms Adidas made us wear almost made me puke. We don't need to be Oregon in baseball.

smootness
11-02-2015, 01:21 AM
This thread is...interesting.

Some of you guys need to just accept this and move on. You're just working yourself up over something that's not going to change.

If you want to go nuts over one of our uniforms, make it the basketball one. That one is actually embarrassing. It has the giant legal banner and the women's strap across the shoulder. It's a joke.

Dawg61
11-02-2015, 01:31 AM
WHAT?

Is it REALLY too much to ask that our uniforms are our school colors? How ungrateful of me.**

We aren't Notre Dame or Alabama. Those schools never change their uniforms so they get to demand that in their contracts. We don't. We get to demand that they stick to six colors. Maroon. White. Grey. Black. Gold. Silver/Chrome. What you're really bitching for is to only be two colors. Won't ever happen. Accept our six colors and love them.

Todd4State
11-02-2015, 02:28 AM
We aren't Notre Dame or Alabama. Those schools never change their uniforms so they get to demand that in their contracts. We don't. We get to demand that they stick to six colors. Maroon. White. Grey. Black. Gold. Silver/Chrome. What you're really bitching for is to only be two colors. Won't ever happen. Accept our six colors and love them.

You obviously missed Notre Dame's helmets from a couple of years ago that Adidas came up with.

http://uniformcritics.com/swag/notre-dame-shamrock-series-helmets/

If they do THAT to Notre Dame, how could I possibly be worried about what they would do to us?

And read back on my posts on this thread about me being OK with actually every color you mentioned. I laid out a VERY reasonable and acceptable plan for us to wear our standard uniforms and at the same time include several options for alternate uniforms. But at the same time there are primary and secondary colors. For us our PRIMARY colors are maroon and white and those two should be included on every uniform that we wear. My fear is that there is a HIGH likelihood that there will be little to no maroon on these uniforms- and THAT is our primary identifier or brand. When you see maroon, you think Mississippi State. When you see white and silver that's more like Utah State or maybe Oregon. All white doesn't identify MSU- and that's why it's a bad idea. The other colors you mentioned are perfectly fine as accents.

If the uniform looks like what I think it will, people are going to have a hard time figuring out who it is that they are watching. And I'm basing this off of a couple of picture of a white helmet and shoes that have no maroon in them but have some silver.

Maroonthirteen
11-02-2015, 05:36 AM
Let's get something straight about the Nike 96-03 uniform, it was a cookie cutter design that Nike made for us, BYu and FSU in 96. We were the only one to stick with the uniform past 97.

The MState logo is better than the diagonal MSU. This from a guy who is from the 80s...Sure we associate logos and uniforms with winning but the MState logo has been worn by the most successful football and basketball teams in our history.

The snow bowl uniforms were sharp. The problem was it was a home game and the Independence bowl isnt that big of game to commemorate. Also A&M up staged us with their black uniforms and play. But I actually like the idea of all white vs A&M.... playing at their place. Why didn't addidas or Stricklin break out the ice for that game?

As for our branding, yeah it seems to me a Thursday night national game, you go with something that identifies the university plainly and obviously. It seems like that would be more important than winning the runway. But I watch highlights every weekend. I always see a game that it takes me watching very closely to figure out which team is which because of some crazy color scheme. It ain't just us. Anyone see A&Ms black this weekend?....terrible!

Anyway....uniforms are so subjective. I actually like Crooms MState helmet.....not more than the maroon with white facemask.... But they were not bad. But it is associated with bad few years....but again, the MState logo in general.....a winner.

sbcmortgageman
11-02-2015, 05:45 AM
Arguing over a uniform is such a tiresome topic. Find. Something else to bitch about.

Maroonandwhite
11-02-2015, 07:20 AM
Arguing over a uniform is such a tiresome topic. Find. Something else to bitch about.

Amen.

Dawgface
11-02-2015, 07:24 AM
Agree with you Todd. A couple of alternate uniforms like we have already had is fine. But a complete overhaul as we had in the A&M game a couple of years ago is a little much. But they don't ask our opinion so not much we can do about it.

Ralph
11-02-2015, 08:23 AM
My theory is that we've decided to break out these special uniforms for games that are more difficult to get the players up for.. i.e. UK, Mizzou to add some enthusiasm.

thf24
11-02-2015, 09:20 AM
Until we hear the players or the recruits don't like them, there's nothing to complain about. End of story.

Schultzy
11-02-2015, 09:21 AM
The A&M helmets this past weekend were black with no logos at all so I guess ours will be the white version of that.

I'd rather have something on there.

SheltonChoked
11-02-2015, 09:21 AM
I've read that the players get excited to play in the alt uniforms. So it's a way to get them up for a game they might not otherwise. If that's true, I like it.

17thebears
11-02-2015, 09:24 AM
When will old men, that sit on their couches on Saturdays, realize that it does them no good to bitch about uniforms on message boards?

Ifyouonlyknew
11-02-2015, 09:25 AM
The A&M helmets this past weekend were black with no logos at all so I guess ours will be the white version of that.

A&M did have their logo on their helmets.

Wade Garrett
11-02-2015, 09:27 AM

Green jacket, gold jacket Who gives a shit?

missouridawg
11-02-2015, 09:36 AM
So we agree then?

You have yet to see a picture of the uniform.... Yet it's has already crossed the line? Maybe you should wait until you actually see them before coming to an irrational judgment. Jesus H. Christ.

BB30
11-02-2015, 09:38 AM
Different uniforms mean more free gear etc for the players. That is a big deal to them. Now that being said some of the alt unis we have had have been terrible, some ok. As long as we beat the hell out of Missouri I will be happy.

Dawg Corps
11-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Are these "Ice" uniforms just Adidas taking a stab at Mauk's substance abuse problems?

RBritt
11-02-2015, 09:45 AM
A&M helmets had A&M along with the state of Texas emblem.

Dawg61
11-02-2015, 09:54 AM
Are these "Ice" uniforms just Adidas taking a stab at Mauk's substance abuse problems?

Lol rep points awarded

gtowndawg
11-02-2015, 10:13 AM
or wear maroon? I'll hang up and listen.

dickiedawg
11-02-2015, 10:24 AM
Definitely wear maroon.

jumbo
11-02-2015, 10:38 AM
I love all you bitching about a white helmet yet somehow screaming "we are maroon and white, we need to wear our colors"

DanDority
11-02-2015, 10:43 AM

Leave it to WMD to bring some sanity to the Uniform debate

Dawgface
11-02-2015, 10:44 AM
When will old men, that sit on their couches on Saturdays, realize that it does them no good to bitch about uniforms on message boards?

Actually it does no good to discuss anything about the our team. Coaches are not reading message boards and if by chance they do, they certainly are not going to take the advice of a message board expert. Might as well just shut all boards down for discussion. :)

RiverCityDawg
11-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Green jacket, gold jacket Who gives a shit?

+1

This thread is a copy-and-paste of every other thread about alternate uniforms. This one is actually worse because we haven't even seen them yet. Some of you should just accept that we're going to have alternate uniforms that you don't like but the players do like. Move on.

sleepy dawg
11-02-2015, 11:09 AM
And that's why we practically demanded that we use replica's of the Nike uniforms or about as close as you can get without copyright infringement and are telling them to shove their bats up you know where. You forget that they need us as much as we need them. Being a SEC school we can certainly get on with Under Armour or even go back to Nike- which while I'm sure they may pay us less, but they would also put out better merchandise than Adidas thus causing more sales for MSU across the board and likely making up for any windfall.

Like I said- they're pretty lucky we didn't cut them off completely after the baseball jersey incident this spring. Most schools probably would have.

I for one, love Adidas, their apparel, and most of the different jerseys they've created for us. Adidas has been a great partner for us on so many levels, and I look forward to that relationship continuing. I get everything you're saying Todd (tradition, consistency, branding), but overall none of that seems to matter anyway. Everybody outside the SEC thinks we're the red and blue bulldogs no matter what we do.

archdog
11-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Whatever happened to the Wayne Manaquin monday reveals?

tcdog70
11-02-2015, 01:12 PM

THEY HAD LOGOS-THEY WERE HARD TO SEE

gravedigger
11-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Can't wait to see what these "ice" uniforms look like.** Adidas can not stand prosperity- we had a uniform that we all liked and we were good with it. And then they have SLOWLY slipped in their toe deeper and deeper into the water.

First it was the silver pants- which I actually suggested in discussion and it looked good, so I was OK with it.

Then they had all maroon for HC. Hey, if that's what Scott wants as a tradition (all maroon worn on the last three HC) I can live it.

And of course we all knew that black uniforms were coming in the pre-season with the black out- and I thought they looked good. I think a lot of people agree with me when I say that the black uniforms were widely accepted in general and I did like seeing a black version of Jackie's late 1990's uniforms and they kept the helmet maroon.

Now that they have everyone on their side, it appears (rumor) that we are going to have some ridiculous "ice" uniforms for Mizzou complete with white helmets. I'm imaging something like what Texas A&M wore against us last year or what we wore against Texas A&M for the now infamous "Snow Bowl Tribute" game which to me was one of the low points in Stricklin's tenure as AD. Probably with some "Starkvegas" reference on it.

If Adidas wants us to wear some tech fit uniform, make it the Egg Bowl uniform. We need to stop pretending to be Oregon and start to BE Mississippi State.

There are 2 sides to every argument. This one has 4.

1. Branding is important. Stop jeopardizing the brand by changing things.

2. The new form of branding is changing things.

3 I like the traditional uniforms, stop annoying me and grow up. This is just a fad.

4. I like the changing uniforms. Ill get off your lawn when i get good and ready.

????????

My take: the changing unis are sometimes cool but no matter how different they look to us, it just looks like we trade with texas a&m each week. This also goes for the traditional ones. In the end it really doesnt matter if we are winning. But if we lose the &$!# that decided on the uniforms we lost in is all to blame.

bgover4
11-02-2015, 01:39 PM
OUR COLORS ARE MAROON AND WHITE!!! WHITE IS NOT ONE OF OUR......oh wait. Nevermind.

Seriously lets at least see them first.

Dawgbite
11-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Whatever happened to the Wayne Manaquin monday reveals?
THIS?

smootness
11-02-2015, 03:20 PM
I love all you bitching about a white helmet yet somehow screaming "we are maroon and white, we need to wear our colors"

Haha I was thinking the same thing.

I seen it dawg
11-02-2015, 04:05 PM
Y'all click ads while y'all are "debating"

Dawgbite
11-02-2015, 04:29 PM
I don't click adds unless they are Maroon and White! And no stripes, unless they are on the pants but not too wide!

cbrunt29
11-02-2015, 04:54 PM
OUR COLORS ARE MAROON AND WHITE!!! WHITE IS NOT ONE OF OUR......oh wait. Nevermind.

This post wins the day.

Todd4State
11-02-2015, 05:51 PM

Our primary colors are maroon and white. And maroon is the dominant of the two. The problem isn't so much that white isn't a color as much as the threat of them leaving MAROON out.

A MSU uniform without maroon is like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without peanut butter.

jumbo
11-02-2015, 07:16 PM
It's just going to be our normal white jersey and pants with a matte white helmet with the normal logo.

Homedawg
11-02-2015, 07:25 PM

First, Nike isn't an option, we would be ole miss' bitch and second fiddle. Second, under armour, maybe but I'd prefer to stay away from walker. Third, we got paid handsomely for adidas' f up.

Perpetual Underachiever
11-02-2015, 07:47 PM
Adidas would like to thank all of you for the publicity.

I am Pro-Alternative uniforms. That is all.

gtowndawg
11-02-2015, 09:26 PM
It's just going to be our normal white jersey and pants with a matte white helmet with the normal logo.

If true that will look "tight, tight, tight"

http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/31/10/c98ac579475b13f397f86431445212d5.gif

sbcmortgageman
11-03-2015, 05:53 AM
Our primary colors are maroon and white. And maroon is the dominant of the two. The problem isn't so much that white isn't a color as much as the threat of them leaving MAROON out.

A MSU uniform without maroon is like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without peanut butter.

Sometimes almond butter is a healthy alternative.

sbcmortgageman
11-03-2015, 05:53 AM
Y'all post your pics of what you wear to work so we can approve of what you wear and all.