PDA

View Full Version : Just when you thought the Kimchee hype couldnt be more ridiculous...

Coach34
11-01-2015, 06:46 PM
FatBerger writes a column about Kimchee ALMOST getting a sack...wow

dawgclub99
11-01-2015, 06:58 PM
I will never understand the lil Kim de chee hype. Chris Jones has been just as good without all the headache that they have had to deal with. I guess once you are hyped by the media, they have to do all they can to keep you there without looking foolish.

HancockCountyDog
11-01-2015, 07:31 PM
I will never understand the lil Kim de chee hype. Chris Jones has been just as good without all the headache that they have had to deal with. I guess once you are hyped by the media, they have to do all they can to keep you there without looking foolish.

I hate the bears as much as anyone, but there is very little comparison as to the play of kimcheee vs Jones this year. He has been really, really good. Jones has had moments, but hasn't even been the best DL on our team. That's AJ.

Coach34
11-01-2015, 07:56 PM
Kimchee's 20 tackles this year is so awesome. Poor Jones only has 30

Liverpooldawg
11-01-2015, 07:58 PM
I hate the bears as much as anyone, but there is very little comparison as to the play of kimcheee vs Jones this year. He has been really, really good. Jones has had moments, but hasn't even been the best DL on our team. That's AJ.

You bought the propaganda I see. 34's stats tell the real story.

RougeDawg
11-01-2015, 08:04 PM

The sad part is that just about any college football fan, including a large portion or our own, would tell you the stats were completely reversed. The media perception and slobbering all over OM, Kimchee, etc, has created a vast false perception of them.

mic
11-01-2015, 08:06 PM
He gets more individual camera time than Saban ...

Schultzy
11-01-2015, 08:06 PM
And the qb hurries for Jones' blowing up the pocket, occupying space and it's so hard to score on us inside the five yd line. Ppl just don't appreciate what he provides for us each and every game.

Two totally different body types as well.

HancockCountyDog
11-01-2015, 08:11 PM
You bought the propaganda I see. 34's stats tell the real story.

I've watched every game of both team, ours twice.

If you want to believe that he has had a better season and more disruptive than kimcheee, I can't change your mind.

If jones has been more productive, the NFL draft will bear that out.

BrunswickDawg
11-01-2015, 08:14 PM
You are correct, we have two DL better than Kimchee - and 2 more who have comparable stats in Calvin and Ryan Brown.

Coach34
11-01-2015, 08:16 PM
I've watched every game of both team, ours twice.

If you want to believe that he has had a better season and more disruptive than kimcheee, I can't change your mind.

If jones has been more productive, the NFL draft will bear that out.

Kimchee plays a different DT than Jones. Kimchee's job is to slant gaps, get upfield as much as possible and create havoc. Jones plays gap integrity- very little slanting.

Kimchee is going to get drafted ahead of Jones- but Jones is the more productive player in college football.

dawgoneyall
11-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Jones is more productive. Period.

But he could crank it up some.

Run at kimdashian and he is neutral. Run at Jones and you are stuffed.

SDDawg
11-01-2015, 08:34 PM
I am sick Nkemdiche of hype, helluva athlete but a 5 cent head. Budding Greg Hardy at the next level...

Chris Jones will have a better and longer pro career.

Schultzy
11-01-2015, 08:36 PM
Perception matters. on 3rd and 17 the New Mexico St. Qb runs for 26 and the color commentary on tv was "it's should be illegal the way he gets penetration in the backfield."

I chuckled

You have to have a sense of humor about these things.

TUSK
11-01-2015, 08:46 PM
Perception matters. on 3rd and 17 the New Mexico St. Qb runs for 26 and the color commentary on tv was "it's should be illegal the way he gets penetration in the backfield."

I chuckled

You have to have a sense of humor about these things.

I think Kimdichee (sp) just turns it "on" and "off" when he wants... I know that effer showed up in TTown earlier this year... that being said, I'm not to keen on cats that don't try at least MOST of the time regardless of their potential NFL future...

Coach34
11-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Jamarcus Russell was drafted higher than Tim Tebow- but wasnt better than him on either level of football.

The draft and pro football dont matter- its about production in college as to who the better college player is.

PassInterference
11-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Nkemdiche is the superior athlete - which is a generous way to say that after 3 years in Freeze's system he is still raw.

I contend that for the most part, players exit Ole Miss not a great deal more polished than when they went in. Ole Miss just doesn't develop players much.

Homedawg
11-01-2015, 08:51 PM
When Chris jones pushes a guard into the qb once this yEAR, call me. Rk did it twice yesterday. Sorry anyone who says jones is better than Kim, today, has lost their mind. To say they are equal, you have a major case of maroon colored glasses. I've watched them both and it's not even close who is more disruptive. Not close. Bash me all you want. There is a damn good reason rk is projected to go top 5 and Chris jones is a sat draft at best.

HancockCountyDog
11-01-2015, 08:54 PM
When Chris jones pushes a guard into the qb once this yEAR, call me. Rk did it twice yesterday. Sorry anyone who says jones is better than Kim, today, has lost their mind. To say they are equal, you have a major case of maroon colored glasses. I've watched them both and it's not even close who is more disruptive. Not close. Bash me all you want. There is a damn good reason rk is projected to go top 5 and Chris jones is a sat draft at best.

This x1000.

I'm going to watch Den/GB, y'all can argue this.

Schultzy
11-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Then why does Jones have ten more tackles with fewer snaps played?

Liverpooldawg
11-01-2015, 08:59 PM
"Dawgs" talking up Confederates and bashing Dawgs, it's just not right.

GreenheadDawg
11-01-2015, 09:02 PM

Most of the time I agree with you but I couldn't disagree more here. Lil Kim is much more disruptive than Jones. Chris can plug a hole but Lil Kim is in the back field nearly every play

Schultzy
11-01-2015, 09:04 PM
It's so hard for them to fight the rush they get from their pseudo objectivity.

Homedawg
11-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Then why does Jones have ten more tackles with fewer snaps played?

Playing dt one can be more disruptive and have less tackles- see rk vs cj. It's not close. I'm sorry.

msstate7
11-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Most of the time I agree with you but I couldn't disagree more here. Lil Kim is much more disruptive than Jones. Chris can plug a hole but Lil Kim is in the back field nearly every play

RN...
5.5 TFL 1.5 sacks

Cj...
4.0 TFL 1.5 sacks

John Farley
11-01-2015, 09:08 PM
He does have more yards rushing then Jones though. Talk about a headache

GreenheadDawg
11-01-2015, 09:28 PM
RN...
5.5 TFL 1.5 sacks

Cj...
4.0 TFL 1.5 sacks

That's fine. I know what the stats say. But stats aren't everything. Like somebody else pointed out, let me know when Chris throws a guard or center into the QB. I've watched every game Chris has played and several of Lil Kim's and the amount of disruption is not even close. But if your stats make you feel better by all means continue

Coach34
11-01-2015, 09:35 PM

He's more disruptive- I'm not arguing that. His scheme he plays in allows that. Jones is not allowed to play that way in our scheme.

30 tackles to 20. Production.

sandwolf
11-01-2015, 09:36 PM

Yea, I hate to say it, but I completely agree.

Coach34
11-01-2015, 09:38 PM
I've watched every game Chris has played and several of Lil Kim's and the amount of disruption is not even close.

We could run Joe Lee Dunn's defense and let Jones be all kinds of disruptive- but it wouldnt necessarily make us very good defensively.

msstate7
11-01-2015, 09:38 PM
That's fine. I know what the stats say. But stats aren't everything. Like somebody else pointed out, let me know when Chris throws a guard or center into the QB. I've watched every game Chris has played and several of Lil Kim's and the amount of disruption is not even close. But if your stats make you feel better by all means continue

I really don't care about this argument either way, but I do think actual production is important in addition to disruption.

Yesterday Carl Lawson disrupted 2 plays big time, but didn't actually make the play (stat). Bc he didn't make the play, om scored on both drives.

Earlier in this thread, someone pointed out how RN disrupted a play, but New Mexico st's qb ended up with a big play bc RN didn't finish the play.

If you go by strictly disrupting, Isaac gross may have been om's best dlineman before he got hurt

RougeDawg
11-01-2015, 09:40 PM

Since you've watched so many Bear games, you should fully understand why he "appears to be more disruptive" with less production. Their scheme is slanting/slashing and they over pursue. Which is why teams who actually pay attention (Memphis, Florida, Bama, even Vandy) use this aggressive over pursuing against them and hit them with Mis direction and counters. Just so happens that Vandy and Bama blunders made Bucky's defense look better than reality. Hell even Gus boneheaded play calling played right into their hands yesterday.

People who implement the TCU approach to them can win. Just some coaches think they are so smart that they don't have to adjust for their gimmicks on both sides of the ball. Teams should just wear out the screen to kimchees side and march down the field. He plays out of control, with most teams failing to adjust to his play. It's rather simple to see for one who's watched their games.

Jones on the other hand plays in a more disciplined scheme that is more difficult to expose and allows players to make more plays and not rely on chance and luck to make or miss a huge play.

GreenheadDawg
11-01-2015, 09:44 PM
We could run Joe Lee Dunn's defense and let Jones be all kinds of disruptive- but it wouldnt necessarily make us very good defensively.

I totally agree with that. The schemes are completely different. If we are arguing pure athletic ability and disruption then Lil Kim has him beat. They are both productive in their own ways

GreenheadDawg
11-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Since you've watched so many Bear games, you should fully understand why he "appears to be more disruptive" with less production. Their scheme is slanting/slashing and they over pursue. Which is why teams who actually pay attention (Memphis, Florida, Bama, even Vandy) use this aggressive over pursuing against them and hit them with Mis direction and counters. Just so happens that Vandy and Bama blunders made Bucky's defense look better than reality. Hell even Gus boneheaded play calling played right into their hands yesterday.

People who implement the TCU approach to them can win. Just some coaches think they are so smart that they don't have to adjust for their gimmicks on both sides of the ball. Teams should just wear out the screen to kimchees side and march down the field. He plays out of control, with most teams failing to adjust to his play. It's rather simple to see for one who's watched their games.

Jones on the other hand plays in a more disciplined scheme that is more difficult to expose and allows players to make more plays and not rely on chance and luck to make or miss a huge play.

I agree with everything you mentioned. However, I'm not talking about defensive schemes or how they go about getting pressure on the QB. I'm discussing individual player's athletic ability, strength, and quickness. There's not many time Kimdechee gets beat one on one. Riddle me this... If you put Chris up against a guard one on one and then do you same with Lil Kim, which one wins those battles more often?

Coach34
11-01-2015, 10:03 PM
If you put Chris up against a guard one on one and then do you same with Lil Kim, which one wins those battles more often?

Very good question...

TUSK
11-01-2015, 10:31 PM
Very good question...

Coach, you been keeping eyes on Reed, Robinson and Allen?

I read Reed may be as high as top 10, Robinson is likely 1st rounder and Allen has blown up, as well...

thoughts?

Jack Lambert
11-01-2015, 10:36 PM
The sad part is that just about any college football fan, including a large portion or our own, would tell you the stats were completely reversed. The media perception and slobbering all over OM, Kimchee, etc, has created a vast false perception of them.

Plus Freeze moves that pot smoking cock sucker around. Jones plays DT and is taking up several blockers while doing it.

dawgoneyall
11-01-2015, 11:02 PM
Some do it all the time..the same ones.

RougeDawg
11-01-2015, 11:39 PM
I agree with everything you mentioned. However, I'm not talking about defensive schemes or how they go about getting pressure on the QB. I'm discussing individual player's athletic ability, strength, and quickness. There's not many time Kimdechee gets beat one on one. Riddle me this... If you put Chris up against a guard one on one and then do you same with Lil Kim, which one wins those battles more often?

From the games I've seen CJ has less 1v1 than Kimchee. They both get doubled most of the time. The caveat is one scheme of slashing, twisting rushes, etc., creates more missed blocks by the offense than the other, thus a greater chance and opportunity of "disrupting the backfield". In the NFL where it's mainly 1v1 blocking CJ will be more productive given body size and ability. Kimchee and scheme take advantage of collegiate talented OLines by aggression and over pursuit.

CJ in their scheme would have a ton of sacks and TFL's. He'd also have a ton of whiffs under his belt as well from over pursuit. When comparing apples to lava rocks one can only look at results.

Liverpooldawg
11-02-2015, 09:26 AM
Man, the Confederate apologists are even getting a tad heated about it. I just don't get "Dawgs" talking up Confederates, esp at the expense of one of our own.

Johnson85
11-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Kimchee plays a different DT than Jones. Kimchee's job is to slant gaps, get upfield as much as possible and create havoc. Jones plays gap integrity- very little slanting.

Kimchee is going to get drafted ahead of Jones- but Jones is the more productive player in college football.

I just don't get their draft grade being that different if Jones is having a comparable year. I get that the average fan doesn't know enough or pay attention enough to know which DT is better in general, and especially when they play in different schemes. But I would think NFL scouts would take the time to compare and that if they're putting Nkimdiche as an early 1st round pick and Jones as not a first round pick period, I have to think Jones is not living up to his potential, or that he was just overhyped.

PassInterference
11-02-2015, 10:33 AM
RN's draft grade is higher because is a freak of an athlete. Probably has more top end in the NFL where he will get proper coaching. And this will keep the bears yapping for years to come. They take more pride from NFL accomplishments than college accomplishments. If I had their college track record, I would too.

When you think about it this is what rebels love most in order: 1) crootin stars, 2) NFL alumni, 3) robitussin, 4) college football.

I'll keep my college football fanaticism about college football.

Tripp McNeely
11-02-2015, 12:44 PM
It's so hard for them to fight the rush they get from their pseudo objectivity.

Winner, winner chicken dinner

Coach34
11-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Coach, you been keeping eyes on Reed, Robinson and Allen?

I read Reed may be as high as top 10, Robinson is likely 1st rounder and Allen has blown up, as well...

thoughts?

I have not as far as draft stock. Ive seen enough to know 2 weeks is going to a tough road though. We will probably throw it 50 times- so we will see alot of their pass rush

Bubb Rubb
11-02-2015, 01:20 PM
They are both good players. RK is the better, more explosive athlete. CJ is the stronger, more difficult to move lineman. Both of them could be all pro in the right system at the next level. RK will go higher in the draft because of the wow factor, but it will be a bigger adjustment for him because he is undersized and can be blocked one on one by most NFL linemen. CJ will be more pro-ready, and may end up having a better professional career. But comparing them and tearing down one at the expense of the other is silly. They're both going to get paid.