PDA

View Full Version : Question about 1st basketball game

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-01-2015, 03:56 PM
I noticed women and men both play. How do they handle tickets for that. Do you pay for mens and womens tickets or is it just pay for women and stay for men?

TheRef
11-01-2015, 04:03 PM
I noticed women and men both play. How do they handle tickets for that. Do you pay for mens and womens tickets or is it just pay for women and stay for men?

Clear out the stadium, then everyone goes through the process again, I imagine.

RougeDawg
11-01-2015, 04:19 PM
Speaking of the women, what are we expecting from them this season?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-01-2015, 04:27 PM
They can make the tournament I say they'll finish 23-7. 9 or 10 seed in tourney....will make second round.

TheRef
11-01-2015, 04:28 PM

Well they're ranked #6 preseason. Very talented group bringing back a lot of experience. I was worried about replacing Martha, but Vic seems to have brought in players to replace Martha. We may not have as powerful of a low-post game as we usually do, but we won't see much suffering from it. I expect us to be extremely good this year and make at least Sweet 16

Bothrops
11-01-2015, 04:29 PM

A good bit. They're ranked #13.

RougeDawg
11-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Thanks. Haven't looked at anything on them. Barely able to keep up with our football stuff. Good to know we now have a consistent women's program. Is there any worry of losing Schaefer to another program? Can we pony up and keep him? There will surely be programs trying to poach him soon. Pardon my ignorance on our women's bball.

TheRef
11-01-2015, 04:45 PM
Thanks. Haven't looked at anything on them. Barely able to keep up with our football stuff. Good to know we now have a consistent women's program. Is there any worry of losing Schaefer to another program? Can we pony up and keep him? There will surely be programs trying to poach him soon. Pardon my ignorance on our women's bball.

Vic will want to develop this program into something special. I don't think we will need to worry about him leaving. Also, Scott understands how big this program will become. Just imagine if we keep Vic and Ben for about 5 more years. Think about how high our basketball programs could be.

RougeDawg
11-01-2015, 04:53 PM
Vic will want to develop this program into something special. I don't think we will need to worry about him leaving. Also, Scott understands how big this program will become. Just imagine if we keep Vic and Ben for about 5 more years. Think about how high our basketball programs could be.

That Hump expansion might actually grow legs if we hang on to each of them through 2020.

smootness
11-01-2015, 04:55 PM
They can make the tournament I say they'll finish 23-7. 9 or 10 seed in tourney....will make second round.

Haha

Dawg-gone-dawgs
11-01-2015, 05:02 PM
We may not have as powerful of a low-post game as we usually do

The 6'7 freshman we got disagrees with this....I would think at 6'7 she would get significant minutes as a freshman.

TheRef
11-01-2015, 05:09 PM
The 6'7 freshman we got disagrees with this....I would think at 6'7 she would get significant minutes as a freshman.

While I agree, she is a Freshman and she's replacing a 3-year starter in the post. It won't be the same, honestly. Maybe by SEC play she'll be up to form, but the beginning of the year will be a bit rougher

Schultzy
11-01-2015, 06:03 PM
I'd rather leave the Hump at 10,000. Only addition should be skyboxes IMO.

TheRef
11-01-2015, 06:08 PM

The design is perfect so that stadium sounds loud no matter how many people we get in there.

HoopsDawg
11-01-2015, 06:15 PM

leave the hump alone. this includes skyboxes.

messageboardsuperhero
11-01-2015, 06:25 PM
I love the current size and feel of the Hump- I don't know enough about the design to put my finger on it, but it's by far the loudest 10,000 seat basketball venue I've ever been to when it's really rocking... Disclaimer, I've never been to Cameron Indoor- but the Hump is the loudest of its size I have visited. Plus we don't really have the local populous now to effectively expand much beyond 10,000 anyway.

What we do need eventually is a pretty massive aesthetic overhaul in the concourse and add more premium seating, IMO.

BiscuitEater
11-01-2015, 06:49 PM
While I agree, she is a Freshman and she's replacing a 3-year starter in the post. It won't be the same, honestly. Maybe by SEC play she'll be up to form, but the beginning of the year will be a bit rougher

Go ahead and save this post .. #15 Teaira McCowan .. 6-7 .. will be second team all-SEC .. at the very least .. She will be a 'huge' addition and will dominate after she gets used to the SEC. She was consensous #2 Center/ #12 best player in the last class.

CAREER HONORS
? 2015 Parade All-American
? 2014 FIBA Americas 18U Championship Gold Medal

HIGH SCHOOL
Rated as high as No. 12 nationally coming out of Brenham (Texas) High School, including the second-rated center? Five-star prospect by ESPN/HoopGurlz? Rated No. 26 by Premier Girls Report and No. 12 overall, the No. 2 center, by Full Court? Pegged the No. 2 center, 16th overall, by All-Star Girls Report? Earned Parade All-America honors following her senior season? Averaged 19.3 points, 17.1 rebounds, 4.0 blocks in leading Brenham to a 25-8 overall record and 13-1 district mark as a senior? Tabbed to the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches (TABC) All-Star Game following her final prep season? Earned back-to-back all-state selections her final two years? Averaged 18.1 points, 18.8 rebounds and 4.5 blocks as a junior, earning all-state honors after leading BHS to a 29-4 record and the region quarterfinals as a junior? Claimed USA Today All-Texas Second Team honors following that campaign? Helped the Cubettes to the area finals as a sophomore, scoring 19.7 ppg to go with 19.2 rebounds and 5.0 blocks? Represented the United States at the 2014 FIBA Americas 18U Championship, helping the Red, White and Blue to a 5-0 record and the gold medal? Also excelled in track and field for Brenham, finishing second in the shot put at the 2015 Texas 5A state meet after winning the region crown.

tcdog70
11-01-2015, 06:56 PM
Go ahead and save this post .. #15 Teaira McCowan .. 6-7 .. will be second team all-SEC .. at the very least .. She will be a 'huge' addition and will dominate after she gets used to the SEC. She was consensous #2 Center/ #12 best player in the last class.

CAREER HONORS
? 2015 Parade All-American
? 2014 FIBA Americas 18U Championship Gold Medal

HIGH SCHOOL
Rated as high as No. 12 nationally coming out of Brenham (Texas) High School, including the second-rated center? Five-star prospect by ESPN/HoopGurlz? Rated No. 26 by Premier Girls Report and No. 12 overall, the No. 2 center, by Full Court? Pegged the No. 2 center, 16th overall, by All-Star Girls Report? Earned Parade All-America honors following her senior season? Averaged 19.3 points, 17.1 rebounds, 4.0 blocks in leading Brenham to a 25-8 overall record and 13-1 district mark as a senior? Tabbed to the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches (TABC) All-Star Game following her final prep season? Earned back-to-back all-state selections her final two years? Averaged 18.1 points, 18.8 rebounds and 4.5 blocks as a junior, earning all-state honors after leading BHS to a 29-4 record and the region quarterfinals as a junior? Claimed USA Today All-Texas Second Team honors following that campaign? Helped the Cubettes to the area finals as a sophomore, scoring 19.7 ppg to go with 19.2 rebounds and 5.0 blocks? Represented the United States at the 2014 FIBA Americas 18U Championship, helping the Red, White and Blue to a 5-0 record and the gold medal? Also excelled in track and field for Brenham, finishing second in the shot put at the 2015 Texas 5A state meet after winning the region crown.

This all day. We will be better in the post. I think we will be better top to bottom this year.

TheRef
11-01-2015, 06:59 PM
This all day. We will be better in the post. I think we will be better top to bottom this year.

I never said we wouldn't be better. I just said we wouldn't be better right off the bat on the first game. I think it will take her until SEC play to be in full form.

pilldawg
11-01-2015, 07:34 PM
I never said we wouldn't be better. I just said we wouldn't be better right off the bat on the first game. I think it will take her until SEC play to be in full form.

Nm

dawgoneyall
11-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Final four.

They will be that good.

tcdog70
11-01-2015, 08:40 PM

She doesn't have to be in full form. The talent around Her is tremendous and deep.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
11-01-2015, 10:54 PM
I expect the majority of Martha's production to be replaced by Chinwe Okorie w/ McCowan accounting for the rest of that & then some. Which would equal more production in the post. Plus Salter, Schaefer, Nevitt, and maybe Jazmine Spears should pick up a lot of the points we're losing. I think the most noticeable difference from last year's team will be Morgan William getting the reigns full time and pushing it down the court. This team will be a lot of fun to watch.

SheltonChoked
11-02-2015, 09:29 AM
All the hump needs is a concourse renovation. Move the bathrooms, storage and concession to the outside wall, and make suites with the old space. 2 birds one stone.

Jacksondevildog
11-02-2015, 09:33 AM
This. This has been mentioned on the boards in the past. I wonder if the administration is actually considering this move at some point. We do NOT need a new facility. However, it does need to be refurbished on the concourse/concession area to allow for boxes.
All the hump needs is a concourse renovation. Move the bathrooms, storage and concession to the outside wall, and make suites with the old space. 2 birds one stone.

engie
11-02-2015, 09:59 AM
This. This has been mentioned on the boards in the past. I wonder if the administration is actually considering this move at some point. We do NOT need a new facility. However, it does need to be refurbished on the concourse/concession area to allow for boxes.

That's the long term plan. Has been for at least 5 years now. With brand new squared off facades that match the Mize and allow for concourse widening... Some snippets of it in the actual campus master plan...

dickiedawg
11-02-2015, 10:37 AM
I would be pretty surprised if it wasn't treated as 2 games, 1 ticket.

Obviously I have no inside information here.

Jacksondevildog
11-02-2015, 10:41 AM
The only issue is that there are a few season ticket holders for women's basketball and all season tickets for women's hoops are general admission and you sit where you want. If they did this for the women's game, they may have 10,000 at the women's game and wouldn't make that much money. I bet they would offer a $5 ticket or something for the women's game if it's played before the men's.
I would be pretty surprised if it wasn't treated as 2 games, 1 ticket.

Obviously I have no inside information here.