PDA

View Full Version : Frank Beamer retiring at end of season per ESPN

Lloyd Christmas
11-01-2015, 01:57 PM
Interesting to see who they'll go after

CadaverDawg
11-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Pretty smart for them to announce it early. Being a lesser program than some of the other potential openings, this may allow them to grab a good candidate before all openings become available.

defiantdog
11-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Bud Foster will take over unless they want to keep Beamer ball going and promote Shane. This is almost a Bobby Bowden 2.0 scenario.

HSVDawg
11-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Pretty smart for them to announce it early. Being a lesser program than some of the other potential openings, this may allow them to grab a good candidate before all openings become available.

Lesser program? Lesser than who? USCw maybe, but I think many would consider that to be a better job than Miami or South Carolina. Its equal to both at worst.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-01-2015, 02:40 PM
Justin Fuentes

CadaverDawg
11-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Lesser program? Lesser than who? USCw maybe, but I think many would consider that to be a better job than Miami or South Carolina. Its equal to both at worst.

Georgia, USCW, who knows what else opens up. I didn't say lesser than all openings...just that they could try to grab a Fuentes or other big target before some better openings become available that they might have to compete with.

Lumpy Chucklelips
11-01-2015, 02:56 PM
This seems like the best fit for Fuentes to me.

defiantdog
11-01-2015, 03:01 PM
Justin Fuentes

I still think the VT job is going to someone Beamer chooses. But do you think Fuentes would look at KState if Snyder decides to step down this year?

defiantdog
11-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Interesting to see who they'll go after

It'll be interesting to see who Nebraska goes after..... they haven't been a contender since Osborne was there. There is no way they're keeping Mike Riley around. Close games or not, Nebraska is in need for a home run hire.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-01-2015, 04:40 PM
I still think the VT job is going to someone Beamer chooses. But do you think Fuentes would look at KState if Snyder decides to step down this year?

If it was Beamer's call I think they would've announced a coach in waiting. Va Tech >>> K St IMO.

Dawgfan77
11-02-2015, 06:59 AM
It'll be interesting to see who Nebraska goes after..... they haven't been a contender since Osborne was there. There is no way they're keeping Mike Riley around. Close games or not, Nebraska is in need for a home run hire.

You do realize this is Riley's first year

TheRef
11-02-2015, 09:14 AM
Dan Wolken reporting that Kirby Smart is "very interested" in the VT job.

sandwolf
11-02-2015, 09:46 AM
I still think the VT job is going to someone Beamer chooses.

That would be a horrible mistake.

But do you think Fuentes would look at KState if Snyder decides to step down this year?

Looks like he grew up in OK, so I guess it's possible if he wanted to be close to home......but in my opinion, Virginia Tech is a much more attractive job than Kansas State.