PDA

View Full Version : Instant replay needs to be abolished considering

Drugdog
11-01-2015, 11:34 AM
About half or more plays are called wrong. Duke won that game.
Terrible officiating.

BrunswickDawg
11-01-2015, 12:03 PM
The biggest issue to me is the NCAA need full time refs that are under 1 umbrella, not some insurance salesman with a cool weekend gig. There is no way to institute quality control with 15 conferences doing 15 different things.

I seen it dawg
11-01-2015, 12:58 PM
The duke game crew along with booth official suspended for 2 games. Basically they screwed that whole game up so bad they get a 2 week suspension.

defiantdog
11-01-2015, 01:06 PM
The duke game crew along with booth official suspended for 2 games. Basically they screwed that whole game up so bad they get a 2 week suspension.

I'm so surprised they got suspended *********************************

http://i66.tinypic.com/122ltnb.jpg

defiantdog
11-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Also..... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSsbemoWwAAAZxL.jpg:large

mic
11-01-2015, 02:42 PM

They should be fired....
Minnesota interim coach should be fired
Richt should be fired
Strong should be fired

Bass Chaser
11-01-2015, 03:01 PM
Think they missed the targeting call against TN last night too.

gravedigger
11-01-2015, 03:06 PM
So let me see if i have your solution understood:

An effort to correct calls only works half the time. The solution is to have no corrected calls.

Not how id approach it, but ok.

dawgoneyall
11-01-2015, 03:21 PM
Half the time they get it wrong.

It also means the initial call was right half the time. Tie.

RougeDawg
11-01-2015, 03:58 PM

Replay is rarely used effectively. I've seen more calls wrong on the field not get overturned by "sufficient video" evidence than the other way around. I think it's just another way for the refs to get an easy out and further influence the outcome of games. Look at the Bama game for us last year. The call on the field was ball down before the goal line. No "video evidence" actually proved the ball crossed the goal line. By rule definition the play should have stood as called on field common sense suggested that the ball most likely did cross the goal, but there was no "actual visual evidence". Refs made an arbitrary call and gave them a TD. There was another similar call a couple weeks back. The refs can easily influence /'d change the outcome of games more now, with replay, than before. Replay is ontended to get the call correct no matter what. They don't use it as intended and until you have a single group of people in a remote location reviewing calls from every game, the replay will continue to be a failure.

thf24
11-01-2015, 04:23 PM
The biggest issue to me is the NCAA need full time refs that are under 1 umbrella, not some insurance salesman with a cool weekend gig. There is no way to institute quality control with 15 conferences doing 15 different things.

Exactly. I've been saying it for years. No way you're going to have quality or consistency with a group of part-timers under dozens of different managements all officiating what's ultimately the same field.

Jack Lambert
11-01-2015, 05:12 PM
Instant replay has saved our ass a bunch. I like it even if it means I get home 45 minutes later. What I don't like is all the TV breaks in a game.

mic
11-01-2015, 05:39 PM
The NFL just missd one in the Dallas / Seattle game..
Clear he was short of the endzone..

And it's getting really old hearing the ex league officials that come on tv to do nothing but defend their guys...
Aikman calls out the officiating seems like every week....
And college officiating is getting basically comical...

mic
11-01-2015, 05:46 PM
And they just ****ed up again.... It's amazing

Schultzy
11-01-2015, 05:58 PM
I thought UNM got hosed on that call before halftime as well, inadvertent whistle or not it looked like it was loose.

mic
11-01-2015, 06:05 PM
I thought UNM got hosed on that call before halftime as well, inadvertent whistle or not it looked like it was loose.

They blew whistle because they thought he was down.
They could have reversed it and gave UMiss the ball where he fumbled. You couldn't tell on that play if the ball was out or not.. That was one of the better calls that game...

Drugdog
11-01-2015, 06:26 PM

So let me see if i have your solution understood:

An effort to correct calls only works half the time. The solution is to have no corrected calls.

Not how id approach it, but ok.

They should get it right 100% of the time.

Schultzy
11-01-2015, 06:59 PM
They looked at it forever, I wonder if they could've given it to the defense where the runner was when the whistle was blown, around the twenty. It seemed to me they finally said screw it lets say he was down and go to halftime. To me it looked obviously loose before the elbow hit the ground but it was certainly close.

If they rule it a fumble they also have to admit to an inadvertent whistle and lost TD which is the sin of all sins for refs.