PDA

View Full Version : Is this real?

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2013, 12:21 PM
http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2013/07/29/msu-announces-three-game-ticket-plan-on-sale-today/

If so, then shame on our fan base for listening to media people that have zero idea what they are talking about. Hard for me to believe that we can't sell out our stadium in full season ticket packages.

Coach34
07-29-2013, 12:26 PM
we sold some 3-packs last year but still sold out

ShotgunDawg
07-29-2013, 12:32 PM
we sold some 3-packs last year but still sold out

I thought we didn't sell 3 packs last year. Really wish we didn't have to do this. However, I am very much in favor of the Alabama game not being included in any of these packs. That would be an open invitation for Bama fans to pack out our stadium.

dawg21
07-29-2013, 01:00 PM
http://blogs.clarionledger.com/msu/2013/07/29/msu-announces-three-game-ticket-plan-on-sale-today/

If so, then shame on our fan base for listening to media people that have zero idea what they are talking about. Hard for me to believe that we can't sell out our stadium in full season ticket packages.

But this is as late as I can remember them being advertised. I think its a good thing to have ticket offers that cover a wide variety of fandom.

hometowndawg
07-29-2013, 01:09 PM
I got a friend over in the ticket office. She says all games will be sold out again this year. All of them are close to being sold out. Trying to sell some of the hard sell-out games by throwing in LSU with the 3 game package

RougeDawg
07-29-2013, 01:19 PM

I'm pretty sure it said something about the plans being based on what portions of each visiting team's ticket allotment was returned to us. Hence, no tickets available for Alabama game. Makes perfect sense that the only 3 games available for this plan are opening SWAC game, a Thur night UK game, and LSU game. Somewhat surprised that LSU sent tickets back though. They usually fill up their sections for away games, but they do play UGA the week before, so fans may have picked between the two, and I can't honestly blame them. All sections available in 3 game plan are in established "Visitors" sections.

The Croom Diaries
07-29-2013, 01:19 PM
I live in Georgia. I simply do not have enough money to make seven trips to Starkville and pay for all that entails. But I do want to make a couple games each year. This type of ticket package is certainly enticing for people like me who can buy them and maybe I'll just make it to the LSU game and I can give the other tickets to MSU family and friends for a birthday present or something.

bocfarm
07-29-2013, 01:42 PM
I like it, like C'Diaries said alot of people can't make alot of games therefore don't buy season tickets....that's a good 3 pack for the price.

EAVdog
07-29-2013, 01:45 PM
You can't get seats side by side. They only have singles left, so I could have gotten 4 but all 4 all over the place. So I'm pretty sure tickets sales will be good again this year.

We just waited too long, but probably for the best. Not taking a 3 year old to the game.

The Croom Diaries
07-29-2013, 01:50 PM
You can't get seats side by side. They only have singles left, so I could have gotten 4 but all 4 all over the place. So I'm pretty sure tickets sales will be good again this year.

We just waited too long, but probably for the best. Not taking a 3 year old to the game.

I purchased two tickets on this 3 pack around 12:30 central and got tickets on the 50 yard line. So there are still some good seats available for that.

FISHDAWG
07-29-2013, 02:53 PM
EAVdog ... welcome aboard

I seen it dawg
07-29-2013, 02:56 PM
EAV check your pm

TopDog58
07-29-2013, 03:02 PM
I don't see a problem with it. Like others said, it's visitor seating, so would you rather have them filled with MSU people or empty?

It's a great deal for me. My kids play fall sports, so there's no way I could go to 7 games. And my wallet won't allow for it right now either. This way, it's affordable for me and I can still expose my kids to the campus and game atmosphere a couple of times a year.

Last year I bought 5 tix from a season ticket holder for ONE game and nearly spent 400 bucks.