PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- We Got Off Edition

Coach34
11-01-2015, 10:36 AM
1. All was quiet this week out of our camp. Didnt hear anything. Mullen is still pissed at everybody for Redmond's injury getting out- so everybody has clamped up. I hope we spent this week getting a shit ton of reps for the Freshmen that have been playing. Should have been a big learning week while the coaches worked on gameplans for Mizzou and Bammer.

2. Thursday will be a solid test. Their D is legit and will have had extra time to work on us. I will be very interested to see how we do offensively. We need to get 24-30 points for me to feel like our offense is really playing well. Mauck returning helps their O- but it's still not a good O by any stretch of the imagination. This has the looks of a 17-13 type of game- but I'm hoping we can make it a 27-13 type of game to win fairly comfortably. #FreeDLee

3. We're going to win the Egg Bowl- but OM is going to present some problems. Their slanting, get upfield style with their DL will give our OL fits again. They dont worry about gap integrity as much as they want to create chaos. Then let the LB's make the read and the tackle. Hevesy/Mullen better have a much better plan this year than last. The passing yards will be there if Dakota gets time- but the sideways zone running game wont be. Adjust what we do to exploit what they do. Got to get pressure on MGK- he is a turnover machine. He will get his yards because their WR's are damn good- but he is worth 3-4 picks Egg Bowl night. We have to make them pay when he gives it to us.

4. I'll say one thing for Freezus- he has made an adjustment in the run game. They couldnt run for shit- but now he has incorporated a FB-type to do some thumping on the D to help open up some holes. It's made them better on offense. Even in the Spread- you need a physical player back there some to help the run game. We used to do that kind of thing with Hanrahan- but morphed into making that role for a receiving TE that's not very physical. We need to add a thumper to help in the run game. Adjust the scheme and personnel Dan Walsh. Put Shump in that role, he will hit someone- let Gerri Green line-up back there for a couple of plays to knock the piss out of someone. Something. Imagination is your friend.

5. Auburn is not that talented. Their WR's and CB's are bottom half of the SEC. They have a young QB who will be pretty good- but is having to play a year early. DL and LB are solid but nothing special (except Lawson). Boom coached his ass off yesterday. Gus killed them inside the 10 with his playcalling. Got cute instead of running right at them. Got to be physical with the OM DL- watch what LSU and UPig do to them by being physical.

6. Tennessee is getting better. Jones will keep his job after finishing strong. Fla or Tenn will win the East next year. Damn sure wont be Jawja

7. There is going to be a push to get rid of Richt. Not sure if they will be successful or not- but it's started in Athens. If they dont get him this year- they will next year. Their best shot next year in the East is 3rd. Mullen and Freezus will work hard behind the scenes to get that job- no idea how the new Commish will handle all that.

8. Kentucky is still Kentucky. They arent even close to having the depth needed in today's SEC.

9. Vandy you suck. Mason likely gets one more- but who knows. Doesnt really matter

10. C'mon Les. Stay physical and pound on Bammer. We need ya to lose- but rough their ass up for us. Should be the most physical game in NCAA football this Saturday. As crappy as this weekend was for football- next Thursday-Saturday should be awesome

11. Rally Round The Family- big November ahead.

Churchill
11-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Coach, you ever see a HC misjudge his own QB position in fall camp as bad as Malzahn did this year ?

defiantdog
11-01-2015, 11:02 AM
#7 is a stretch man..... Freezus isn't going anywhere, and I don't see Georgia coming after Mullen. That administration wants a coach that will keep the style of play traditional. Team like Georgia, Michigan, Alabama, etc. don't do well with change and transitioning to a spread style offense. Hell, I thought Bama was its toughest when McElwain ran that damn pistol offense for them in 09. Kirby Smart will be begging for the Georgia position if it opens up.

You're right on with #5..... not only are Auburn's WR's and CB's flaky, but they give up on plays and they don't run hard every play. They may have been 4* and 5*s in high school, but they definitely hit their ceiling playing on Friday nights.

If you notice something about OM's running game, they tend to run on the left side for the majority of the game. Lawson is great in pass rush, but he looked like Denico Autry in his first year at State holding the edge yesterday.

Kentucky is Kentucky. They've been loading up on recruits since Stoops got there. I'm pretty sure they've "ranked" better than us in recruiting the last two years. But Stoops is in his third year and may have his third losing season. He may go running back to big bro if he doesn't get it together.

Coach34
11-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Coach, you ever see a HC misjudge his own QB position in fall camp as bad as Malzahn did this year ?

Nothing comes to mind recently. I do give Gus credit for making the change and sticking with it. Problem is that this QB is not a runner and his WR group is not that good. They need WR's badly

Coach34
11-01-2015, 11:13 AM
#7 is a stretch man..... Freezus isn't going anywhere, and I don't see Georgia coming after Mullen. That administration wants a coach that will keep the style of play traditional. Team like Georgia, Michigan, Alabama, etc. don't do well with change and transitioning to a spread style offense. Hell, I thought Bama was its toughest when McElwain ran that damn pistol offense for them in 09. Kirby Smart will be begging for the Georgia position if it opens up.

I'm not saying Georgia would want either coach- but both would leave if they got a Georgia offer. This is not a guess

thunderclap
11-01-2015, 11:29 AM
Arkansas needs to bring the wood.

HoopsDawg
11-01-2015, 11:33 AM
3. We won't be able to run the ball against OM without a FB. I wish Mullen would install some ole Relf/Hanrahan for that game, but he won't. Shump would be perfect for that role. Freeze and his staff completely out-coached him last year so hopefully Mullen has a good game plan this year. The Memphis staff met with TCU's staff in the off-season to get their notes on attacking OM. That worked out pretty well for them. Ole Miss might be playing for a trip to ATL.

4. UK looked like complete dogshit yesterday. That took a little luster off of our offensive performance the previous week. Mizzou will be good prep for Bama b/c their D-line gets after it.

HoopsDawg
11-01-2015, 11:34 AM
I'm not saying Georgia would want either coach- but both would leave if they got a Georgia offer. This is not a guess

UGA prides themselves on being the conscience of the SEC and a program with the utmost integrity...That eliminates Freeze.

Dawgfan77
11-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Mullen let players go home this weekend. I understand if we played on Saturday but we play in four days. I'm disappointed in Mullen

Blackout
11-01-2015, 02:26 PM
Mullen let players go home this weekend. I understand if we played on Saturday but we play in four days. I'm disappointed in Mullen

Trying to prove that wasn't our Egg problem last year

Coach34
11-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Not a big deal I dont think considering we had the week off. I imagine the game prep for Bama will begin on Saturday with a ton of film watching

somebodyshotmypaw
11-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Regarding #1, camp was not at all quiet this week. One day was open to the media and lots of info flowed out concerning practice. Also, I'm not looking for Mauk to play.

Dawgfan77
11-01-2015, 05:40 PM
Not a big deal I dont think considering we had the week off. I imagine the game prep for Bama will begin on Saturday with a ton of film watching

I worry about us losing that edge we were starting to get. I understand they need a break but the Bama games means 0 if lay an egg at mizzu

Ifyouonlyknew
11-01-2015, 06:16 PM
I worry about us losing that edge we were starting to get. I understand they need a break but the Bama games means 0 if lay an egg at mizzu

You can't go a whole season without giving these guys 1 free weekend. It's just not practical.

Liverpooldawg
11-01-2015, 06:40 PM
Mauk is out. The suspension has been extended to he whole season.

Coach34
11-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Mauk is out. The suspension has been extended to he whole season.

was announced after I posted...thx