PDA

View Full Version : So, Iowa.....

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2015, 11:23 PM
Undefeated and likely to stay that way till at least the BIG Championship Game. Discuss.

msstate7
10-31-2015, 11:31 PM
Big 10 championship game is gonna be a playoff ticket with Iowa undefeated and most likely either Michigan state or Ohio state undefeated

Quaoarsking
10-31-2015, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't mark them 12-0 just yet. Indiana or Nebraska (both road games) could trip them up.

If they beat Ohio State or Michigan State to go to 13-0, I won't begrudge them a playoff spot. It would be a shame if Iowa lost to, say, Indiana, but still beat Ohio State to finish 12-1, and then got a playoff spot over 11-2 SEC Champion Mississippi State though.

KennyPowers2
10-31-2015, 11:43 PM
I wouldn't mark them 12-0 just yet. Indiana or Nebraska (both road games) could trip them up.

If they beat Ohio State or Michigan State to go to 13-0, I won't begrudge them a playoff spot. It would be a shame if Iowa lost to, say, Indiana, but still beat Ohio State to finish 12-1, and then got a playoff spot over 11-2 SEC Champion Mississippi State though.

I agree, I think Nebraska beats them in Lincoln, I watched one of the Hawkeyes games and they do not pass the eye test.

msstate7
10-31-2015, 11:49 PM
I agree, I think Nebraska beats them in Lincoln, I watched one of the Hawkeyes games and they do not pass the eye test.

Nebraska doesn't pass the record or eye test though. I think Iowa is better than them. Doesn't matter anyway... Ohio state or Michigan state will win the big 10 and be in the playoff, not iowa

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2015, 11:50 PM

Maybe so. I haven't watched them but they are undefeated headed to November. That fact alone has to get them in the conversation for now.

mic
11-01-2015, 08:52 AM
Nebraska doesn't pass the record or eye test though. I think Iowa is better than them. Doesn't matter anyway... Ohio state or Michigan state will win the big 10 and be in the playoff, not iowa

The Big 10 as a whole doesn't pass the eye test ... Nor does the big 12 or ACC for that matter

Count Istvan Teleky
11-01-2015, 09:06 AM
The Big 10 as a whole doesn't pass the eye test ... Nor does the big 12 or ACC for that matter

The quarterback for Iowa is a former Ole Miss commit. He was right at the time the coaching transition was taking place. He did not have what coach freeze wanted, so his scholarship was pulled. He might've been the first high school quarterback to come in and develop under freeze.

He is the grandson of NFL general manager Bobby Beathard.

defiantdog
11-01-2015, 09:43 AM
I may still be drunk, but did you say Nebraska will beat Iowa? Purdue just manhandled the Cornhuskers. Iowa will roll

bgover4
11-02-2015, 11:26 AM
Iowa has lost thier stud RB with an ankle (may be back in a few weeks) but nebraska is sitting at like 3-5. I seriously doubt they will give the Hawkeyes too much trouble.

Charlie_Sheen420
11-02-2015, 11:30 AM
It's time to talk to your kids about an undefeated Iowa...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EwSP_yPa0w

FISHDAWG
11-02-2015, 11:39 AM
I may still be drunk, but did you say Nebraska will beat Iowa? Purdue just manhandled the Cornhuskers. Iowa will roll

not to mention Southern Miss came with-in a TD of tying them ... right now the cornhuskers couldn't beat their meat

Johnson85
11-02-2015, 02:06 PM

Nobody seems to pass the eye test this year. I think LSU is a national championship caliber team, but I'm not sure there's another one out there. We'll see how Baylor does when they get to the meat of their schedule. And I haven't watched Clemson, who I assume is still Clinton. Haven't really watched the other MSU either.

smootness
11-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Nobody seems to pass the eye test this year. I think LSU is a national championship caliber team, but I'm not sure there's another one out there. We'll see how Baylor does when they get to the meat of their schedule. And I haven't watched Clemson, who I assume is still Clinton. Haven't really watched the other MSU either.

There's not a dominant team out there this year. Baylor, LSU, and Clemson probably look the best, but I would say all are likely to get tripped up somewhere. I'd be surprised if there ends up being more than one undefeated team in the playoff, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are none.