PDA

View Full Version : Team 9- the Arkansas Razorbacks

Coach34
07-29-2013, 10:49 AM
Last year- 4-8
HC- Bret Bielema
OC- Jim Chaney (Tenn's OC the last 4 years)
DC- Chris Ash (followed Bielema from Wisc)

Starters returning offense 4 (2 WR's, C, LT)
Starters returning defense 8 (3 DL, 1 LB, entire Secondary)

Schedule:

ULL (University of Hud)
Samford
Nasty Bunch
@Rutgers
A&M
@Fla
SC
@Bama
Open
Auburn
@Ole Miss
Open
State
@LSU

They lost their QB, best WR and TE, and 3 starters on the OL- Bielema has alot of work to do here. Their defense wasnt very good last year, but does return 8 starters and should improve. They have to watch out in the opener vs the University of Hud- could be an opening upset. They will go into their first open week 0-4 in the SEC, and could drop games to ULL and Rutgers. Their swing games are Auburn and State at home- both after bye weeks which is huge for them. Could have a shot @Ole Miss but unlikely. I see 2 SEC wins max for UPig in 2013.

mic
07-29-2013, 11:07 AM
4-8.. 1-7 SEC.. just hope that one is not US...

CadaverDawg
07-29-2013, 11:10 AM
3-9 (1-6)

They will beat either us, OM, or Auburn.

I think Hudspeth and Rutgers beat them too.

PMDawg
07-29-2013, 11:11 AM
4 wins. Samford, USM, South Carolina (my upset special for the year) and Auburn.

SignalToNoise
07-29-2013, 11:19 AM
I think Bielema can eventually have them winning games but not this year; just too much work to do. Unlike last year I would think they will actually play hard and give 100%. Otherwise it's going to be a long year in Arkansas. Makes you wonder if the crazies will be filing FOIA requests for cell phone records and such.

ULL (University of Hud) -- I'll join the chorus and go with an upset here. Loss.
Samford -- Win
Nasty Bunch
@Rutgers -- I don't know anything about Rutgers, so I'm totally guessing. Loss
A&M -- Loss
@Fla -- Loss
SC -- Loss
@Bama -- Loss
Open
Auburn -- Win
@Ole Miss -- Loss
Open
State -- This is not a slam dunk win for State but I think we can do it. Loss.
@LSU -- Loss

WeWillScrewItUp
07-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Came across this somehow and felt like it should be shared. It is good for a laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HARM0HfPnZ0

Ronny
07-31-2013, 03:41 PM
..chime is in these predictions threads but I have to believe 100% this Upig team is going to be as bad as Huston Nutt's final team.

All I am seeing with this bunch is a season of catastrophe.

They will not win a single SEC game.

Of course, they'll look like a top 10 ten team against us the first half but our OL will prove too brutal for them to overcome.

By 5 minutes left in the game Dan will have his 4th string TB running up the middle for 5 yds a clip.

bocfarm
07-31-2013, 04:11 PM
Its just really hard for me to come up with more than 4 realistic wins for them

MarketingBully01
07-31-2013, 05:00 PM
How did Petrino not recruit there? You get the best players from Arkansas and you dip into Texas. IMO, A&M joining the SEC hurt Arkansas the most. I say 4-8 as well with 5-7 as their ceiling.Who is their QB? Did they even recruit one the last couple of years? How can people think we can lose to them much less get blown out by them?

The Croom Diaries
07-31-2013, 06:14 PM
5-7 (2-6)

thf24
07-31-2013, 10:25 PM
It hasn't really come up in this thread, but it's something I've wanted to ask for a while. Am I the only one who thinks the fact that we've never beaten them in Little Rock means nothing? All SEC road games are tough, and we've played the fewest games there out of all West opponents (probably the whole conference minus SC and the two newcomers), so it's not at all improbable that either we've been bad, they've been great, the ball didn't bounce our way, or a combination of those circumstances existed in each of our relatively few meetings there thus far. I don't really see it as a psychological barrier for the team or staff either. Sure, they know the history, but every current player and almost every staff member has played or coached there no more than twice; not enough repetitions to develop a mental block about it. So really it just comes down to superstition at this point; does anyone really believe it's anything more than that? Especially during a year in which they'll most likely be bad and we'll be at least decent.

biscuit
08-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Came across this somehow and felt like it should be shared. It is good for a laugh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HARM0HfPnZ0

That's so bad..... I'm dyin

Coach 57
08-01-2013, 08:28 AM
I think they have a good coach. And a sound philosophy (ground & pound from the traditional football sense). But they will struggle this year. I think the game between them & ULL will be a contrast unto styles. Arky will try & dictate the pace by pounding the interior of the ULL DL while Hud will work the edges of their DL. I see Hud pulling this one out which will start a crumbling for this team. They will get up for a few more games though. I see them actually being able to run Vs UM but if Wallace is healthy they will have too much firepower for Arky. The game between AU & Arky will determine who is going to be bottom feeding this year in the west. So I go with 4-8.

FISHDAWG
08-01-2013, 08:43 AM
5 & 8 ... being generous here

Jack Lambert
08-01-2013, 12:14 PM
I think he will keep everything simple for the young guys. Their record will be bad but I think he will keep them in many games.

Will James
08-01-2013, 10:01 PM
5 & 8 ... being generous here

Impossibru

6-6

They beat ULL Sam USM Rut AU and OM

It_Could_Happen
08-01-2013, 11:06 PM
I agree with FISHDAWG. 5 is the ceiling this year. But I say in 3 years Bielema has this program back to wear Petrino had it... Minus the motorcycle incident

MSUDawg4Life
08-02-2013, 12:15 AM
How did Petrino not recruit there? You get the best players from Arkansas and you dip into Texas. IMO, A&M joining the SEC hurt Arkansas the most. I say 4-8 as well with 5-7 as their ceiling.Who is their QB? Did they even recruit one the last couple of years? How can people think we can lose to them much less get blown out by them?

They played six QBs in their spring game. Two looked pretty good.

Arkansas may not win more than four or five games this year, but they are going to be a much improved football team. They are going to be fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball. The defense is going to be solid. The offense is not three yards and a pile of dust as some seem to think. There is some creativity in the running game and passing game that will be different from what SEC teams are used to seeing. They may not win a SEC game, but they are going to be a challenge. A team like us or OM will lose if we overlook them.

biscuit
08-02-2013, 09:33 AM
They are gonna be really bad! Like 3-9 bad