PDA

View Full Version : Sallee on Ole Miss...

CadaverDawg
10-31-2015, 06:23 PM
First time you'll ever be glad you clicked a Sallee article

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2584693-why-ole-miss-rebels-are-difficult-contender-to-trust

SDDawg
10-31-2015, 06:32 PM
Right, I even object to the idea that they're a contender. They're gonna OM, they always do. Nothing to see honestly. Just need to see them get spanked in DWS next month. Another 3 points in their bowl game would be alright too.

Liverpooldawg
10-31-2015, 06:57 PM
I despise saying it but until they lose again they are still a contender.

msstate7
10-31-2015, 07:00 PM
I despise saying it but until they lose again they are still a contender.

Even if they win the sec, I don't think they make playoffs. I just can't see a 2-loss sec team making it over 1-loss Stanford. Big 10 champ, Clemson, big 12 champ will be in it

CadaverDawg
10-31-2015, 07:05 PM
Hypothetically speaking...let's say Ole Miss wins out and Bama wins out, and then Ole Miss beats Florida in the SECC game. (I know, very unlikely). Does the CFP committee really put a 2 loss OM in over a 1 loss Bama, even if Bama doesn't play in their Championship Game?

I just don't see how Ole Miss could get the nod unless Memphis goes undefeated.

msstate7
10-31-2015, 07:08 PM
Hypothetically speaking...let's say Ole Miss wins out and Bama wins out, and then Ole Miss beats Florida in the SECC game. (I know, very unlikely). Does the CFP committee really put a 2 loss OM in over a 1 loss Bama, even if Bama doesn't play in their Championship Game?

If Memphis goes undefeated, how do you put a 2-loss om in over Memphis?

Dawgfan77
10-31-2015, 07:09 PM
Ark is not gonna get cute they are gonna run right at OM. They still have ark lsu and us on the road.

Dawgtini
10-31-2015, 07:11 PM
THIS. I mean, since we are engaging in crazy talk.

CadaverDawg
10-31-2015, 07:18 PM

That's the ultimate point I was getting at...If Ole Miss is to have the best possible 2-loss record, they need Bama & Memphis to keep winning. BUT, if those 2 keep winning, they both end up with a better resume than the Bears. So it seems like a lose-lose for them.

RougeDawg
10-31-2015, 07:22 PM

Nt

RougeDawg
10-31-2015, 07:24 PM
And don't you worry. The Dak and Co. that curb stomped UK will do the same to the depthless Bearsharts. Book that one

Bocephus
10-31-2015, 07:24 PM
They have Arkansas at home.

msstate7
10-31-2015, 07:26 PM
Oh yeah, nd with 1-loss will get in over a 2-loss sec team whether they deserve it or not

Statefan
10-31-2015, 07:46 PM
Ole miss in that scenario would have wins against Bama, LSU, us, and Florida. I still think Bama would get in but it would be close

dickiedawg
10-31-2015, 09:30 PM
Yellum Kellum actually called Hugh "Houston" after the game today.

Schultzy
10-31-2015, 09:38 PM
I was hoping this argument would end today.

PassInterference
10-31-2015, 09:45 PM
Think back to the committee's decisions last year. This isn't about wins and losses. It's about which teams are the best.

Ohio State's W-L and weak conference alone wasn't enough to put them in. Them looking and playing like one of the best teams in the country put them in.

Ole Miss is not getting in the playoffs and it won't be close.

bulldawg28
10-31-2015, 09:45 PM
I hope their next lose is to us.

Jarius
11-01-2015, 07:47 AM
We are going to curb stomp the shit out of that team. They aren't nearly the team that they were last year and they play really bad on the road. Dak isn't losing to that shit show in his final game at DWS. It will be the type of game that gives us false confidence going into next year because we beat them so bad.

gravedigger
11-01-2015, 08:38 AM
First time you'll ever be glad you clicked a Sallee article

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2584693-why-ole-miss-rebels-are-difficult-contender-to-trust

Glad i read the article. But sallee simply writes an article saying:

"How dare you idiots come into auburn and not only beat a team i thought was going to be good, but looked horrible doing it. i dont need your help making my preseason picks look like they came from a magic 8 ball. "

Bully13
11-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Glad i read the article. But sallee simply writes an article saying:

"How dare you idiots come into auburn and not only beat a team i thought was going to be good, but looked horrible doing it. i dont need your help making my preseason picks look like they came from a magic 8 ball. "

totally agree and good point digger. while sallee makes some good points, he comes across as an AU fan full of butt hurt.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-01-2015, 08:57 AM
We are going to curb stomp the shit out of that team. They aren't nearly the team that they were last year and they play really bad on the road. Dak isn't losing to that shit show in his final game at DWS. It will be the type of game that gives us false confidence going into next year because we beat them so bad.

I'm afraid they match up very well with us. On offense, they have big, physical receivers going against our depleted secondary. On defense, they have had injuries and dismissals in thier secondary, but they are still more vulnerable to the run. John Hevesey's inability to develop an offensive line that can run block and our 1A/1B tailbacks are Shump and Holloway indicate we will not be able to exploit that weakness.

msstate7
11-01-2015, 09:03 AM
I'm afraid they match up very well with us. On offense, they have big, physical receivers going against our depleted secondary. On defense, they have had injuries and dismissals in thier secondary, but they are still more vulnerable to the run. John Hevesey's inability to develop an offensive line that can run block and our 1A/1B tailbacks are Shump and Holloway indicate we will not be able to exploit that weakness.

I think their are some big holes in their secondary that we'll be able to exploit.

PassInterference
11-01-2015, 09:25 AM

Swag loses his composure under pressure. We will get to Swag. He'll throw wild passes. He'll throw more INTs than TDs. And OM can't run in the red zone.

There is no way Dak is losing on Sr day. He will be at the top of his game and so will the rest of his team who looks up to him.

I also think DWS will be louder than it's ever been for Dak playing in his last Egg Bowl.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Swag loses his composure under pressure. We will get to Swag. He'll throw wild passes. He'll throw more INTs than TDs. And OM can't run in the red zone.

There is no way Dak is losing on Sr day. He will be at the top of his game and so will the rest of his team who looks up to him.

I also think DWS will be louder than it's ever been for Dak playing in his last Egg Bowl.

I'm not saying we are going to lose. I'm saying it won't be a "curb stomp the shit out" of UNM like Jarius said.

Jarius
11-01-2015, 09:51 AM
I'm afraid you haven't been watching them or us play. It won't be close.

Jarius
11-01-2015, 09:56 AM
They are horrible on the road. Kelly is an interception machine. They are terrible on defense. Our defensive tackles will manhandle their depleted interior. Dak's last game at home. Home field advantage in the egg bowl is worth 14 points and we are already a better team than them on a neutral field.

klong-dog
11-01-2015, 10:10 AM
I think their are some big holes in their secondary that we'll be able to exploit.They'll have Conner back when they play us, which is big for them.

msstate7
11-01-2015, 10:45 AM
They'll have Conner back when they play us, which is big for them.

It will certainly help them, but there were holes in their secondary while Conner was healthy

msstate7
11-01-2015, 10:50 AM
I really like our chances vs om bc I feel like lsu will crush their sec west dreams the week before. After a physical, deflating loss, I'm not sure their big players will be all that concerned about the egg... I think they'll be counting the days to the combine.

Jack Lambert
11-01-2015, 01:50 PM

No way ole miss goes a three game roll agianst LSU, Arkansas and MSU. They do not have enough debth. They are going to get beat up. I see them losing one or two of those games.

RougeDawg
11-01-2015, 02:01 PM
I'm afraid you haven't been watching them or us play. It won't be close.

This all day. People thinking the even deserve to be on the same field as us haven't been watching. They should have lost 2-3 more games, depending on how one views Auburn leaving 8-12 points on the scoreboard yesterday. Unless we have a catastrophic flurry of injuries, we will kill them.