PDA

View Full Version : I need a cheering guide

Msujd164
10-31-2015, 09:21 AM
I hate both Northern and Auburn. But which one should we pull for to keep our best hopes alive for the West? Are we better off with s 4 way tie?

Leroy Jenkins
10-31-2015, 09:28 AM
This one wont matter... as long as we beat NMS.

MetEdDawg
10-31-2015, 10:01 AM
The OM game doesn?t affect us, but a loss for OM does hurt their chances at Atlanta. So go Tigers. If we get into a 4 team tiebreaker with LSU, Bama, and OM where everyone is 6-2 (which is surprisingly not that farfetched), we go to Atlanta.

Here?s what?s crazy. The Egg Bowl could decide the West if we run the table to the Egg Bowl, OM runs the table to the Egg Bowl, Bama only loses to us the rest of the way, and LSU loses to OM and Bama. Winner of the Egg Bowl would go to Atlanta.

Other than that it gets convoluted because our only shot at the West is tiebreakers. We actually need TAMU to beat SC because we have to assume LSU beats TAMU to get them their 3rd loss to knock them out of the West. So in case of a 3 team tie breaker with Bama and LSU where we are all 6-2, we stay tied until we get to conference record of Eastern opponents. So we need SC to continue sucking because that hurts LSU in that regard. We also need all of Alabama?s Eastern opponents to lose and all of our Eastern opponents to win. So pull for UK over Tennessee for sure and UGA/Florida is kind of a wash since UF played LSU and UGA played Bama.

elitedawgs
10-31-2015, 10:05 AM
The ideal solution is for the stadium to be absorbed into a giant sinkhole, consuming both teams and as many of their fans as possible.

Taog Redloh
10-31-2015, 10:11 AM
This one is easy. I assume you can figure this out.

Statefan
10-31-2015, 10:12 AM
We need Bama to beat LSU
We need MIssissippi to beat LSU

WE have to win out. I dont think anything else matters

Dawgbite
10-31-2015, 10:15 AM
The ideal solution is for the stadium to be absorbed into a giant sinkhole, consuming both teams and as many of their fans as possible.

So , who needs to be ahead at this point? With my luck, the NCAA would declare somebody a win.

MetEdDawg
10-31-2015, 10:19 AM
Well the thing about OM is that they help us win the West if they are involved in 6-2 4 team scenario. Us and OM would be 2-1 against the tied teams which would eliminate Bama and LSU who would be 1-2. Then our head to head against them sends us to Atlanta.

mic
10-31-2015, 10:19 AM
Warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Eagle
GTHOM

Mutt the Hoople
10-31-2015, 10:29 AM
Auburn. In spite of their money-people, the average Auburn fans is a fellow Agricultural-Engineering Science fan. the university of ole miss is the flagship university of this state- responsible for the low average incomes, low education rates, high teenaged pregnancy rates, high infant mortality rates, low level of literacy, resulting from generations of inbreeding.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-31-2015, 10:38 AM
We need Bama to beat LSU
We need MIssissippi to beat LSU

WE have to win out. I dont think anything else matters

LSU has to lose 3. The two you mention above, along with either A&M or Ark. Don't see this happening.

But as far as today; that's an easy one. Pull for Auburn today and twice on Sunday.

Statefan
10-31-2015, 10:45 AM
LSU has to lose 3. The two you mention above, along with either A&M or Ark. Don't see this happening.

But as far as today; that's an easy one. Pull for Auburn today and twice on Sunday.

Logically i would think so, but i've read in numerous places that if us, LSU, bama and Mississippi are all 6-2 in the SEC we win the tie breaker

GreenheadDawg
10-31-2015, 10:59 AM
I will never... I repeat NEVER.. root for OM.

confucius say
10-31-2015, 11:02 AM

No we don't. We win the four way tiebreaker with us, Lsu, bama, and om. We also can win a 3-way with Lsu and bama if om beats Lsu and finishes fourth in west.

confucius say
10-31-2015, 11:03 AM
I will never... I repeat NEVER.. root for OM.

If their winning clinched the west for us I would.

dickiedawg
10-31-2015, 11:06 AM
War Damn Eagle alllll day long. 17 om

Quaoarsking
10-31-2015, 11:07 AM
We go to Atlanta on a 4-way 6-2 tie. We need Ole Miss to win today OR we need LSU to lose 3.

SDDawg
10-31-2015, 11:35 AM
You always pull for Auburn over Northern Miss. I don't think there's ever an exception, really.

GreenheadDawg
10-31-2015, 11:44 AM
If their winning clinched the west for us I would.

Ok... If that was the case then maybe I could muster up a little bit of happiness in their win. I just detest their very existence

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-31-2015, 12:12 PM
No we don't. We win the four way tiebreaker with us, Lsu, bama, and om. We also can win a 3-way with Lsu and bama if om beats Lsu and finishes fourth in west.

Point taken. I stand corrected. Miss Snodgrass was right; I'd never be good in math. Just make sure I don't make the final decisions such as this. Carry on.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-31-2015, 12:15 PM
Auburn. In spite of their money-people, the average Auburn fans is a fellow Agricultural-Engineering Science fan. the university of ole miss is the flagship university of this state- responsible for the low average incomes, low education rates, high teenaged pregnancy rates, high infant mortality rates, low level of literacy, resulting from generations of inbreeding.

Thanks Mutt for your clarification because I always thought it was the flag that kept us down. Should have known it was those damn Rebs. **

Topbulldawg
10-31-2015, 12:53 PM
If Bama beats LSU and we beat bama and Missouri; every MSU fan will be cheering for Ole Miss over LSU because that will set us up to win the west at the Egg Bowl.

Statefan
10-31-2015, 12:54 PM
If Bama beats LSU and we beat bama and Missouri; every MSU fan will be cheering for Ole Miss over LSU because that will set us up to win the west at the Egg Bowl.

Damn right. And if they aren't they have their priorities COMPLETELY wrong

BulldogBear
10-31-2015, 01:49 PM

As long as Ole Miss finishes 4th, we would win a 3 way tie with Bama and LSU

ETA: That is, as long as Rebs beat LSU

blacklistedbully
10-31-2015, 05:27 PM
Still possible:
MSU 6-2
UNM 5-3 (losses to MSU, UPig)
Bama 5-3 (losses to MSU, UNM & AU)
UPig 5-3 (losses to MSU, Bama & aTm)
LSU 5-3 (losses to Bama, UNM & UPig)
aTm 4-4 (losses to AU & LSU)
AU 3-5 (losses to MSU, UPig, LSU, UNM & UGA)

Though not the most-likely, this would be the most enjoyable. Not only would we win the SECW outright, but UNM would finish next-to-last.
Also possible:
MSU 6-2
Bama 5-3 (losses to MSU, UNM, AU)
aTm 5-3 (losses to Bama, UNM, AU)
UPig 5-3 (losses to MSU, Bama, aTm)
LSU 5-3 (losses to Bama, UPig, aTm)
UNM 4-4 (losses to MSU, LSU, UPig, UF)
AU 3-5 (losses to MSU, LSU, UPig, UNM & UGA)