PDA

View Full Version : "Depends on which Ole Miss shows up"???

blacklistedbully
10-30-2015, 02:45 PM
More of the same lazy crap we see from media types. How many times are we gonna have to hear some supposed, "expert" say that the, "Alabama Ole Miss can beat anybody", and the, "Memphis Ole Miss can lose to anybody"?

The, "Alabama Ole Miss" they continue to get credit for, as we all know, is a team that got at least 14 points they didn't deserve/earn, and benefited from 5 Bama t/o's, not all of which were forced by UNM to barely hang on and win by 6.

How in the hell can any so-called expert not look at the actual game and not realize that was the very definition of a, "fluke win"? How can these experts not realize that enjoying a 5 t/o advantage and getting spotted 14 points, only to get outgained, out-first-downed, out-3rd downed, etc, and win by only 6 points is actually a sign of a really poor performance by UNM?

I just can't understand how these guys get paid, probably fairly well, yet do such a crappy, half-ass job of analysis. This includes guys on the SECN.

I mean, what team in all of FBS football wouldn't likely win against anybody else if spotted 14 points plus a 5-0 t/o advantage? "Which Ole Miss team", my ass!"

DownwardDawg
10-30-2015, 02:49 PM
I don't understand it either. Just look at that bama game along with the vandy, Florida, and Memphis games. Now tell me how you think they can beat "anybody".

defiantdog
10-30-2015, 02:51 PM
It's because all of these media gurus believe Alabama could beat the majority of NFL teams.

smootness
10-30-2015, 02:52 PM
Don't let it bother you. If they're not that good, they'll lose more games.

If we had gotten lucky to beat LSU and then lost to a team like Memphis, they'd be saying the same about us. Because the media is lazy, especially the sports media.

I will never understand why so much of our fanbase is obsessed with what the media says about Ole Miss. Don't worry about it.

TrapGame
10-30-2015, 02:53 PM
Did y'all hear Lee Sterling on OOB this am. He thinks AU is going to give OM all they want tomorrow. He doesn't like OM at 11 on the road. He thinks it's going to be closer than most think.

thunderclap
10-30-2015, 02:56 PM
11? I see 7 most everywhere. Wish I could find 11.

jumbo
10-30-2015, 02:58 PM

he means kickoff time. not spread.

Really Clark?
10-30-2015, 03:00 PM

11 o'clock kickoff

mic
10-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Moneyline Aubbie....

starkvegasdawg
10-30-2015, 03:07 PM
Sec country picks AU to win.

msstate7
10-30-2015, 03:12 PM

Hope so. Is Lawson playing? I know RN is back and Conner might be too

defiantdog
10-30-2015, 03:15 PM

SEC country picked AU to win the SEC west as well

TrapGame
10-30-2015, 03:16 PM

Sterling said he has been told Lawson is doubtful for tomorrow but will be back for A&M. Also, Sterling doesn't think MGK will have a good day on the Plains tomorrow.

msstate7
10-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Sterling said he has been told Lawson is doubtful for tomorrow but will be back for A&M. Also, Sterling doesn't think MGK will have a good day on the Plains tomorrow.

I wonder why he doesn't think Kelly will play well. Auburn pass defense isn't exactly top notch.

TrapGame
10-30-2015, 03:21 PM
I wonder why he doesn't think Kelly will play well. Auburn pass defense isn't exactly top notch.

He said something about Chad being too inconsistent lately. He thinks Chad gets a little rattled by Boom's D. Sterling really thinks Gus will have the team up for OM.

starkvegasdawg
10-30-2015, 03:25 PM

Donbest.com lists him as questionable.

msstate7
10-30-2015, 03:25 PM
He said something about Chad being too inconsistent lately. He thinks Chad gets a little rattled by Boom's D. Sterling really thinks Gus will have the team up for OM.

Hopefully he's right. Just auburn takes advantage when Kelly throws a couple up for grabs

Brahmabull
10-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Sterling also picked the final score 38-20 Bears.

BB30
10-30-2015, 03:34 PM
Unfortunately, until somebody else beats them we will have to endure it.

Thick
10-30-2015, 03:52 PM
Did y'all hear Lee Sterling on OOB this am. He thinks AU is going to give OM all they want tomorrow. He doesn't like OM at 11 on the road. He thinks it's going to be closer than most think.

That's the same Lee Sterling that picked AU to roll LSU and MSU this year.

Bully13
10-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Idgaf

Drugdog
10-30-2015, 03:55 PM
Auburn by 21.

TrapGame
10-30-2015, 03:56 PM
That's the same Lee Sterling that picked AU to roll LSU and MSU this year.

Good point. Forgot about that.

TrapGame
10-30-2015, 03:58 PM
Sterling also picked the final score 38-20 Bears.

And I missed that part. That's what pisses me off about Sterling. He rambles on about getting up for the game, all they can handle, QB inconsistency and then basically says oh, I'm effin' with you.

mic
10-30-2015, 04:04 PM

So Conner might play ??
I have never seen a major college have no idea how bad an "injury" is.
It was a few games, then the season, now he might play?..

Leroy Jenkins
10-30-2015, 04:04 PM

Conner didnt travel with team.

confucius say
10-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Unfortunately, until somebody else beats them we will have to endure it.

If you believe we can win out, we actually need om to win out until us and have bama beat Lsu. If so, we win the west.

starkvegasdawg
10-30-2015, 04:15 PM
If you believe we can win out, we actually need om to win out until us and have bama beat Lsu. If so, we win the west.

I'll take my chances and hope tsun gets treated like a dog that wonders into a shady Chinese restaurant.

blacklistedbully
10-30-2015, 04:26 PM

That is not the only way. We just need to be in a 3-way tie with Bama & LSU, and not have aTm finish ahead of UNM.

We would also win if we end up in a 2-way tie with Bama. Though not likely, LSU could lose 3 of Bama, Arky, UNM & aTm.

TUSK
10-30-2015, 04:56 PM
Any team that catches "lightening in a bottle" can win .

Leroy Jenkins
10-30-2015, 05:02 PM
Any team that catches "lightening in a bottle" can win .

Lightening is a present participle corresponding to the verb lighten, where to lighten is to make light or lighter. For example, we might say that a person who has been losing weight is lightening.

Lightning refers to an abrupt, discontinuous natural electric discharge in the atmosphere—i.e., the flash of light associated with thunder.

Gump.

blacklistedbully
10-30-2015, 05:04 PM

Still possible:
MSU - 6-2
Bama - 5-3 (losses to MSU, UNM & AU)
UPig - 5-3 (losses to MSU, Bama & aTm)
LSU - 5-3 (losses to Bama, UNM & UPig)
AU - 4-4 (losses to MSU, UPig, LSU & UGA)
UNM - 4-4 (losses to MSU, UPig, & AU)
aTm - 4-4 (losses to AU & LSU)

Though not the most-likely, this would be the most enjoyable. Not only would we win the SECW outright, but UNM would finish next-to-last.

TUSK
10-30-2015, 05:13 PM
Lightening is a present participle corresponding to the verb lighten, where to lighten is to make light or lighter. For example, we might say that a person who has been losing weight is lightening.

Lightning refers to an abrupt, discontinuous natural electric discharge in the atmosphere—i.e., the flash of light associated with thunder.

Gump.

Yup. Thanks for the correction. I'm gonna blame many beers and the Destin Sun for my error.

Leroy Jenkins
10-30-2015, 05:15 PM
Yup. Thanks for the correction. I'm gonna blame many beers and the Destin Sun for my error.

I blame auto-correct. ;)

blacklistedbully
10-30-2015, 05:52 PM
Still possible:
MSU - 6-2
Bama - 5-3 (losses to MSU, UNM & AU)
UPig - 5-3 (losses to MSU, Bama & aTm)
LSU - 5-3 (losses to Bama, UNM & UPig)
AU - 4-4 (losses to MSU, UPig, LSU & UGA)
UNM - 4-4 (losses to MSU, UPig, & AU)
aTm - 4-4 (losses to AU & LSU)

Though not the most-likely, this would be the most enjoyable. Not only would we win the SECW outright, but UNM would finish next-to-last.

Also possible:
MSU 6-2
Bama 5-3 (losses to MSU, UNM, AU)
aTm 5-3 (losses to Bama, UNM, AU)
UPig 5-3 (losses to MSU, Bama, aTm)
LSU 5-3 (losses to Bama, UPig, aTm)
AU 4-4 (losses to MSU, LSU, UPig, UGA)
UNM 3-5 (losses to MSU, LSU, UPig, AU, UF)

Dawgtini
10-30-2015, 06:03 PM
Auburn by 21.
My man! Bold and worthy of. 2 X's brew.

Jack Lambert
10-30-2015, 06:04 PM
Ole Miss sucks. They got lucky with Bama and caught A&M at the right time and at home.

Dawgtini
10-30-2015, 06:05 PM
We need OMU to beat ATM BAMA and LSU. We don't need them to win any others.

RougeDawg
10-30-2015, 06:06 PM
More of the same lazy crap we see from media types. How many times are we gonna have to hear some supposed, "expert" say that the, "Alabama Ole Miss can beat anybody", and the, "Memphis Ole Miss can lose to anybody"?

The, "Alabama Ole Miss" they continue to get credit for, as we all know, is a team that got at least 14 points they didn't deserve/earn, and benefited from 5 Bama t/o's, not all of which were forced by UNM to barely hang on and win by 6.

How in the hell can any so-called expert not look at the actual game and not realize that was the very definition of a, "fluke win"? How can these experts not realize that enjoying a 5 t/o advantage and getting spotted 14 points, only to get outgained, out-first-downed, out-3rd downed, etc, and win by only 6 points is actually a sign of a really poor performance by UNM?

I just can't understand how these guys get paid, probably fairly well, yet do such a crappy, half-ass job of analysis. This includes guys on the SECN.

I mean, what team in all of FBS football wouldn't likely win against anybody else if spotted 14 points plus a 5-0 t/o advantage? "Which Ole Miss team", my ass!"

Bama spotted them 24 PT's minimum with 4 TO's inside their own 40, 2 inside their own 20. Add in a fluke TD pass and their offense barely did anything the entire game.

Vandy was driving to take the lead and stepped on their own cocks. Let that sink in. Bama fluke win, Vandy escape win, Florida skull dragging, Memphis skull dragging, and A&M bed shitting win. I wish one of those talking head clowns would attempt to explain how any conclusion other then "this OM team is average at best" after their resume thus far.

blacklistedbully
10-30-2015, 06:28 PM
We need OMU to beat ATM BAMA and LSU. We don't need them to win any others.

No, we don't. That is one way, but not nearly the only way. See above.

Literally, UNM could lose every remaining game, and we could still win the West if LSU manages to lose to Bama, UPig and aTm.

We could also still win the West in a 3-way-tie with LSU & Bama as long as aTm isn't the tie-breaker.

In 2-way ties, we would lose to LSU & aTm only.

Coach34
10-30-2015, 06:30 PM
Auburn is physical and at home. They will be in this game