PDA

View Full Version : Not that I care about Oregon football... BUT

mstatefan91
10-30-2015, 01:45 AM
how is this a touchdown?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSi6fWDWUAQrqEE.png:large

His foot is clearly out of bounds to me. What say you?

This was the difference maker in the 3rd OT.

Edit: replay is way too inconsistent.

missouridawg
10-30-2015, 06:43 AM
That isn't clear to me. Certainly looks like it could be out of bounds, but it could also be just th angle of the camera.

I don't understand why stadiums aren't outfitted with cameras at the important spots. The goal line and back line of the ndzone should have three or four cameras solely looking at thm, with at least one looking right down the line. Ther should also be a system in place in which you can look at multiple views at the same time sequence. Some angles show the ball while others don't. Would be nice to be able to use those to views to determine how far forward a ball is.

dickiedawg
10-30-2015, 07:10 AM
I only saw what they showed on SC, but he was out.
ASU threw an isn't in the bottom half of the inning though so it's hard to say it cost them the game.

msstate7
10-30-2015, 07:18 AM
How long before players' shoes are equipped with some sort of computer chip with a reader on the sidelines and end lines? How long before the football has the same in both ends?

starkvegasdawg
10-30-2015, 07:35 AM
That isn't clear to me. Certainly looks like it could be out of bounds, but it could also be just th angle of the camera.

I don't understand why stadiums aren't outfitted with cameras at the important spots. The goal line and back line of the ndzone should have three or four cameras solely looking at thm, with at least one looking right down the line. Ther should also be a system in place in which you can look at multiple views at the same time sequence. Some angles show the ball while others don't. Would be nice to be able to use those to views to determine how far forward a ball is.

Because then they couldn't award the chosen teams touchdowns they didn't get or take them away from the opposition.

Statecoachingblows**
10-30-2015, 07:48 AM
How long before players' shoes are equipped with some sort of computer chip with a reader on the sidelines and end lines? How long before the football has the same in both ends?

I've wondered why some technology hasn't made its way into football yet. Sensor technology of some kind on out of bounds lines, goal lines and the damn chains. The whole right foot or left foot spot thing kills me too. Inches count (haha yea I know). Should be some way to have better accuracy than what some of these boneheaded officials call.

Dawgface
10-30-2015, 08:35 AM
Tennis has the electronic monitor that can tell whether a ball is in,on, outside the lines. Of course a much smaller playing area, but it may be possible someday for similar devices to be developed for football or other sports.

dawgs
10-30-2015, 10:02 AM
It was likely out by a quarter inch, but that photo proves nothing. The best angle seriously had a camera behind the endzone blocking the view of his toe so it couldn't be relied on either. Likely out? Sure. Did replay show irrefutable evidence? No. Also some said his back foot dragged before the toe of the front foot was down.

dawgs
10-30-2015, 10:03 AM
Tennis has the electronic monitor that can tell whether a ball is in,on, outside the lines. Of course a much smaller playing area, but it may be possible someday for similar devices to be developed for football or other sports.

Doesn't hockey and some soccer have chips in the pucks/balls to determine if it crosses the goal line?

defiantdog
10-30-2015, 10:44 AM

I see a form of proximity laser technology in footballs in the near future.

CJDAWG85
10-30-2015, 11:17 AM
If you watch the replay, his heel hits before his toe lands what looks to be out of bounds while his back foot's toe is on the ground. This was not the only call that was questionable last night. Oregon intercepted the ball in the end zone. After review, they overturned it and said it hit the ground. There was no clear evidence the ball actually hit the ground. Defender was wearing green gloves, which made it difficult to decipher between the two.

Dawgface
10-30-2015, 03:19 PM

I don't watch hockey, but I do believe you are correct. Seems like I have seen highlights where they have shown that.