Oct. 22 at Kentucky
Oct. 29 SAMFORD
Nov. 5 TEXAS A&M
Nov. 12 at Alabama
Nov. 19 ARKANSAS
Nov. 26 at Ole Miss

dotcomdawg
10-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Link to all 2016 schedules http://www.secsports.com/article/14000433/sec-announces-2016-football-schedules

Leroy Jenkins
10-29-2015, 05:48 PM
6 home games sucks, would like the bye later in the year... East draw is good. Its OK.

BeardoMSU
10-29-2015, 05:50 PM
2 away non-cons sucks....

It is nice to be playing A&M late though; hopefully by that time they'll be going through their annual QB meltdown.

Quaoarsking
10-29-2015, 05:50 PM
So we weren't able to move Arkansas to a better weekend, and now we also play A&M in November. Not ideal.

mic
10-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Still have no clue why we are playing BYU...
Nothing gained by playing them..
If you schedule a non power 5 team it should not be them...

Ifyouonlyknew
10-29-2015, 05:57 PM

We're supposed to be playing a Power 5 team. We couldn't get 1 for the home & home for 2016 & 2017 so we had to get BYU approved.

BeardoMSU
10-29-2015, 05:58 PM

People who wear magic underwear shouldn't be allowed to play football.

BiscuitEater
10-29-2015, 06:04 PM
Nothing gained by playing them. . If you schedule a non power 5 team it should not be them...

SEC DOES consider BYU a 'power 5 team.' From this article .. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25114107/sec-to-consider-notre-dame-byu-and-army-as-power-five-opponents

SEC will consider Notre Dame, BYU and Army as Power Five opponents

That said .. would rather play Army than BYU .. and 'if' BYU brings back the same refs as they did when we played last .. rioting will occur!

BiscuitEater
10-29-2015, 06:07 PM
We're supposed to be playing a Power 5 team. We couldn't get 1 for the home & home for 2016 & 2017 so we had to get BYU approved.

Power 5 schedules were filling up .. Big 10 started scheduling before the SEC .. SEC + ACC +Big 10 'all' decided to label some teams 'power 5's. It was NOT a request by MSU that started it.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-29-2015, 06:15 PM
My apologies, but could someone jog my memory on why we are playing UMass? Was that a replacement for Tulane backing out? Honestly can't remember and you guys are better than google.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-29-2015, 06:22 PM
My apologies, but could someone jog my memory on why we are playing UMass? Was that a replacement for Tulane backing out? Honestly can't remember and you guys are better than google.

Yes they replaced tulane

Taog Redloh
10-29-2015, 06:23 PM
Would it hurt you to at least be minimally informed?

Todd4State
10-29-2015, 06:24 PM
Forget BYU could we not have found someone to come to Starkville in UMass spot? I'm all for playing at UMass but not at the expense of seven home games.

Looks like LT designed our schedule. And guess who Ole Miss plays before us? Vandy.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-29-2015, 06:28 PM
Forget BYU could we not have found someone to come to Starkville in UMass spot? I'm all for playing at UMass but not at the expense of seven home games.

Looks like LT designed our schedule. And guess who Ole Miss plays before us? Vandy.

We could've got another FCS school but it wouldn't have counted toward bowl eligibility. Tulane just canceled on us 6 months ago. Not a lot of time or teams available on that short of notice.

Todd4State
10-29-2015, 06:32 PM
We could've got another FCS school but it wouldn't have counted toward bowl eligibility. Tulane just canceled on us 6 months ago. Not a lot of time or teams available on that short of notice.

Your telling me there are no Sun Belt or C-USA teams that we could have gotten to come to Starkville? I'm not buying that.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-29-2015, 06:36 PM
The Umass trip could be interesting. If there are home games in/around town.... Red Sox on Friday/State on Saturday/Patriots on Sunday. Looks like you would have to fly into Boston anyway. Two hr. drive to Amherst. Stay in Boston Friday night, Foxboro Sat and Sunday night. Fly out Monday. Would be a pretty sweet road trip.

Todd4State
10-29-2015, 06:39 PM
I just had a revelation. Why couldn't we play UMass at home next year and then in Massachusetts in 2017?

godlluB
10-29-2015, 06:42 PM

My guess is they wouldn't be to fond of your underwear either.

ShotgunDawg
10-29-2015, 06:43 PM
I see about 7 or 8 wins in this schedule. I like our East draw and where it's situated on the schedule. It makes for a great escalator game going into LSU. We should have a solid record going into the last 4 games of the schedule.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-29-2015, 06:43 PM
I just had a revelation. Why couldn't we play UMass at home next year and then in Massachusetts in 2017?

Wasn't there a deal where UMass had to schedule a home game in 2016 in order to meet the NCAA minimum requirements or something? Maybe I'm an idiot and dreaming that.

thedawg
10-29-2015, 06:45 PM
I know it's nothing new but bama lsu and northern miss all on the road blows every other year

Ifyouonlyknew
10-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Your telling me there are no Sun Belt or C-USA teams that we could have gotten to come to Starkville? I'm not buying that.

Those teams usually are bought up very quick. This just happened in June for a game next year.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-29-2015, 06:46 PM
Wasn't there a deal where UMass had to schedule a home game in 2016 in order to meet the NCAA minimum requirements or something? Maybe I'm an idiot and dreaming that.

That's correct.

somebodyshotmypaw
10-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Also UMass is a 2-for-1. They come to Starkville in 2017 and 2020.

gravedigger
10-29-2015, 06:59 PM

Devils advocate: doesnt A winnable road trip to a large market area help us? I mean playing umass at home may not be news, but this may get some press so close to Connecticut. I dont know. Maybe not. But it can be no worse than the home game crap we get blasted for

chef dixon
10-29-2015, 07:01 PM
We played South Carolina two years ago. Did they reset the east rotation?

Barking 13
10-29-2015, 07:05 PM
Devils advocate: doesnt A winnable road trip to a large market area help us? I mean playing umass at home may not be news, but this may get some press so close to Connecticut. I dont know. Maybe not. But it can be no worse than the home game crap we get blasted for

Beat the crap out of them on a big league stage

mic
10-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Would it hurt you to at least be minimally informed?

We had know about the new power 5 scheduling for years..
Looks like we drug our feet and was left with BYU.
And honestly I had rather play ND than BYU...

Quaoarsking
10-29-2015, 07:33 PM
We played South Carolina two years ago. Did they reset the east rotation?

Yes, 2012 and 2013 were just made up as they went along, and then 2014 was the start of a 12-year cycle.

Political Hack
10-29-2015, 07:37 PM

Gold.

We go 9-3.

Liverpooldawg
10-29-2015, 07:42 PM
There is probably no way I can, esp at that time of year, but I would love to make the UMass trip. I have been to Boston one time, for two days. I have always wanted to go back. Two days wasn't even close to enough time up there.

smootness
10-29-2015, 07:47 PM
Army?! LOL, they're about to get a crap ton of requests from SEC teams.

CadaverDawg
10-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Putting the 6 home game thing aside, I think it's a decent schedule. We will have a new starting QB, so I'm not expecting a West crown...but I think we could win 7-9 games with that schedule AND gain Fitz/Staley some valuable road game experience in winnable games like UMass, BYU, etc. Could be a nice schedule for "overachieving" and building confidence in preparation for a big 2017 run.

Just to shine a little optimism on it.

Homedawg
10-29-2015, 08:08 PM
We had know about the new power 5 scheduling for years..
Looks like we drug our feet and was left with BYU.
And honestly I had rather play ND than BYU...

Notre dame, and others wouldn't even contact us back they weren't interested in playing us

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-29-2015, 08:19 PM
I know it's nothing new but bama lsu and northern miss all on the road blows every other year

Don't we have our best records under Mullen on the even year schedules?

thedawg
10-29-2015, 08:24 PM
Don't we have our best records under Mullen on the even year schedules?

Probably so but I would argue that is because bama and lsu most of his tenure have been automatic losses so playing them on the road didn't really matter and it shifted some "easier" teams to Starkville giving us the better record.. I think we have progressed past that and now we can beat them so it sucks playing both on the road in the same year along with those bastards from Oxford.. It's gonna be hard to win the west in an even number year now that we have progressed to that being realistic

HoopsDawg
10-29-2015, 08:31 PM
Man, that's an ugly November and not a good bye week- Too early in the year and it follows UMASS which is basically a bye in itself.

Stricklin's main focus at this point needs to be breaking up that Bama-Arky-OM finish. Need a breather somewhere in there and now we are throwing A&M in the mix.

Bothrops
10-29-2015, 08:33 PM
I'm glad the guys get a trip to New England, that'll be fun and nice travel op for fans as well. I would say the same for BYU, but they could beat us. We should have found another P5 opponent. The home schedule is as winnable as it gets. We could go undefeated at home, if we're pretty good and we should be.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-29-2015, 08:38 PM
Probably so but I would argue that is because bama and lsu most of his tenure have been automatic losses so playing them on the road didn't really matter and it shifted some "easier" teams to Starkville giving us the better record.. I think we have progressed past that and now we can beat them so it sucks playing both on the road in the same year along with those bastards from Oxford.. It's gonna be hard to win the west in an even number year now that we have progressed to that being realistic

Good point, but there does seem to be a trend that the even years have been good to us dating back to Sherill's tenure. For some reason, we find a way to win a game that we're "not supposed" to and have good years. It will be interesting to see how next year goes with a new QB and that schedule.

Bubb Rubb
10-29-2015, 08:45 PM
Man, that's an ugly November and not a good bye week- Too early in the year and it follows UMASS which is basically a bye in itself.

Stricklin's main focus at this point needs to be breaking up that Bama-Arky-OM finish. Need a breather somewhere in there and now we are throwing A&M in the mix.

It's an ugly stretch, but I expect Arkansas and Ole Miss to really regress next year, too. Ole Miss loses almost everyone and doesn't have enough quality depth. Arkansas loses their stud TE, QB, and some o-linemen.

I expect that we will be really good next year, especially defensively with the young talent.

Jack Lambert
10-29-2015, 09:10 PM
So we weren't able to move Arkansas to a better weekend, and now we also play A&M in November. Not ideal.

Watching a&m the past two years I think catching them in Novemeber is a good thing.

Bucky Dog
10-29-2015, 09:11 PM
So do I assume we will have 8 home games in 2017 with UMass and BYU coming to Vegas?

civildawg
10-29-2015, 09:12 PM
People we just went over this 6 months ago. We had to schedule umass away because they didn't have enough home games. I would rather go to Boston than play a no name in Starkville

Ifyouonlyknew
10-29-2015, 09:14 PM
So do I assume we will have 8 home games in 2017 with UMass and BYU coming to Vegas?

No 7 we play at La Tech in 2017.

Jack Lambert
10-29-2015, 09:15 PM

Too late to do it. Tulane screwed us.

Jack Lambert
10-29-2015, 09:19 PM
Gold.

We go 9-3.

If he was making fun of Baptist, Catholic, Islam would you think it was gold?

War Machine Dawg
10-29-2015, 09:29 PM
Mississippi State
DATE OPPONENT
Sept. 3 SOUTH ALABAMA
Sept. 10 SOUTH CAROLINA
Sept. 17 at LSU
Sept. 24 at UMass
Oct. 1 open date
Oct. 8 AUBURN
Oct. 15 at BYU
Oct. 22 at Kentucky
Oct. 29 SAMFORD
Nov. 5 TEXAS A&M
Nov. 12 at Alabama
Nov. 19 ARKANSAS
Nov. 26 at Northern Miss

Murderer's Row to end the season aGAIN, 6 home games, and the Mormons on the schedule. Scott should have his head examined for that shit. Can we flip Samford & Arkansas? Better take out a large health insurance policy on our players for that game in Provo, too. Those thugs are likely to pick a fight or try to end someone's career once we start whipping that ass.

BeardoMSU
10-29-2015, 09:31 PM
If he was making fun of Baptist, Catholic, Islam would you think it was gold?

Actually, it would be.

It's not my fault magic underwear are actually a real thing, Jack.....

Geez, learn to laugh once in a while.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-29-2015, 09:32 PM
It's not like Stricklin gets to decide when we can have our SEC games.

mic
10-29-2015, 09:41 PM
Y
Good point, but there does seem to be a trend that the even years have been good to us dating back to Sherill's tenure. For some reason, we find a way to win a game that we're "not supposed" to and have good years. It will be interesting to see how next year goes with a new QB and that schedule.

It's not like Stricklin gets to decide when we can have our SEC games.

Agree.. But something has to be done about the bye week EVERY year that both Bama and LSU get before they play each other..

BeardoMSU
10-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Y

Agree.. But something has to be done about the bye week EVERY year that both Bama and LSU get before they play each other..

That is more than suspicious every year, yet it keeps happening...

Pinto
10-29-2015, 09:56 PM
The Umass trip could be interesting. If there are home games in/around town.... Red Sox on Friday/State on Saturday/Patriots on Sunday. Looks like you would have to fly into Boston anyway. Two hr. drive to Amherst. Stay in Boston Friday night, Foxboro Sat and Sunday night. Fly out Monday. Would be a pretty sweet road trip. Sox play in Tampa that weekend. Pats schedule not set yet. Bet they are away.

MSUDawg99
10-30-2015, 11:20 AM
Nm

TrapGame
10-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Watching a&m the past two years I think catching them in Novemeber is a good thing.

The chances of A&M being a dumpster fire next year are rising every week.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-30-2015, 12:16 PM
I think that is a good schedule for breaking in a new QB. Although it is a brutal November, at least the QB will have a decent amount of game experience by then. @ LSU and @ Alabama are the only two sure losses I see on the schedule.

thunderclap
10-30-2015, 12:17 PM
Why oh why can't we get our November schedule un17ed?

defiantdog
10-30-2015, 03:14 PM
Again..... how did we only get 6 home games?

RougeDawg
10-31-2015, 03:49 PM
Not sure if mentioned, but it appears that every conference team we play, except Ark and OM, either have a buy week or OOC the week before us. This may be true for a few others but we always seem to have 2 to 4 game SEC stretches a good bit with the teams we are playing in those stretches getting breaks along the way. Could be more common but something that stuck out looking at everyone's schedules.

ShotgunDawg
10-31-2015, 03:58 PM
Again..... how did we only get 6 home games?

Tulane pulled out of our home game with them & it was too late to schedule someone to come to our place.

The good news is that we got a 2-1 with UMass, so we'll have 7 home games for the foreseeable future.

BTW, the home game & contract with Tulane was executed by LT.