PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna enjoy the next 2 Saturday's

Coach 57
10-29-2015, 03:39 PM
I think it was a great idea by the administration to hold the uni/black out for the week before our bye. It's a dangerous scenario to captain young yet tired lads in the week before the bye week. So kudos to the athletic admin (or whomever made the decision) to stimulate enthusiasm (even manufactured enthusiasm) last week so we wouldn't fall asleep behind the wheel so to speak.

I will enjoy kicking back and being just a student of the game this Saturday (as well as the next) watching games without being emotionally involved because make no mistake about it the next 3 Saturday's (after Mizzou) are going to be very eventful! I'm not short changing the Tigers but offensively they need some work. I encourage you all to do the same and enjoy watching some really nice football games play out without being too emotional. Whether UM loses or wins we have no "horse in the race". I'm sure some are saying "but coach we could still win the west if ________ won or ______ lost." To those folks I say this:

This is JUST a game, played by passionate kids and smart clip board holding whistle blowing men. But it's just a game. Spend time with your friends and family and just enjoy taking a load off over this next brief but well needed/deserved period. You are gonna need it. I love MSU but on Sunday morning when I cross that threshold at church I'm the same guy that sat on the couch watching the bullies play pigskin. I'm not up or down, my priorities are right where they need to be. Faith FIRST, family, others and football. God bless you boys, it's not time yet but near time to GIRD UP THY LOINS!

Political Hack
10-29-2015, 03:44 PM
I stay pretty level headed with state games now. I reserve all my crazy for pee wee baseball.***

BulldogBear
10-29-2015, 04:16 PM
I think it was a great idea by the administration to hold the uni/black out for the week before our bye. It's a dangerous scenario to captain young yet tired lads in the week before the bye week. So kudos to the athletic admin (or whomever made the decision) to stimulate enthusiasm (even manufactured enthusiasm) last week so we wouldn't fall asleep behind the wheel so to speak.

I will enjoy kicking back and being just a student of the game this Saturday (as well as the next) watching games without being emotionally involved because make no mistake about it the next 3 Saturday's (after Mizzou) are going to be very eventful! I'm not short changing the Tigers but offensively they need some work. I encourage you all to do the same and enjoy watching some really nice football games play out without being too emotional. Whether UM loses or wins we have no "horse in the race". I'm sure some are saying "but coach we could still win the west if ________ won or ______ lost." To those folks I say this:

This is JUST a game, played by passionate kids and smart clip board holding whistle blowing men. But it's just a game. Spend time with your friends and family and just enjoy taking a load off over this next brief but well needed/deserved period. You are gonna need it. I love MSU but on Sunday morning when I cross that threshold at church I'm the same guy that sat on the couch watching the bullies play pigskin. I'm not up or down, my priorities are right where they need to be. Faith FIRST, family, others and football. God bless you boys, it's not time yet but near time to GIRD UP THY LOINS!

You must spread rep around blah blah blah

Good post as usual 57

Barking 13
10-29-2015, 06:47 PM
Time to go fishin.. and the bite is picking up

HereComesTheSpiral
10-29-2015, 08:00 PM
I stay pretty level headed with state games now. I reserve all my crazy for pee wee baseball.***

Are you the asshat parent in the stands yelling at the other coach to go to hell and get you a juice box