PDA

View Full Version : Slay Taking Over

BrunswickDawg
07-28-2013, 09:22 PM
Darius Slay taking over a starting role
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/7/27/4563056/lions-training-camp-2013-day-2-defense

This is Big news here in Coastal GA - and puts Darius in the same class as local heroes Adam Wainright, Davis Love, III and Kwame Brown (yeah, I know that should not count). In a place dominated by UGA and Ole Miss kids that could not get into UGA, it is great to see State get some recognition.

Raytoraid83
07-28-2013, 09:23 PM
Darius Slay taking over a starting role
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/7/27/4563056/lions-training-camp-2013-day-2-defense

This is Big news here in Coastal GA - and puts Darius in the same class as local heroes Adam Wainright, Davis Love, III and Kwame Brown (yeah, I know that should not count). In a place dominated by UGA and Ole Miss kids that could not get into UGA, it is great to see State get some recognition.

@MarlonHumphry

messageboardsuperhero
07-28-2013, 11:38 PM
After hearing about Slay and Banks killing it in training camps, it makes me want to strangle Wilson. Dear lord, we may never have two guys on the corners like that again at the same time, but Wilson wanted to put them in a zone and rush four guys...

FlabLoser
07-28-2013, 11:39 PM
Yep. Wilson belonged in the Croom era.

DawgInMemphis
07-29-2013, 08:09 AM
After hearing about Slay and Banks killing it in training camps, it makes me want to strangle Wilson. Dear lord, we may never have two guys on the corners like that again at the same time, but Wilson wanted to put them in a zone and rush four guys...

This. There's a chance both of them could be starting their rookie years at CB. If they're good enough for the NFL, I think they probably could've handled playing man coverage - put em on an island and send the house.

the59dawg
07-29-2013, 01:03 PM

Banks just annoiunced as becoming starter for Tampa Bay. Prev starter waived sent packing. Now Banks and Revis somebody.

messageboardsuperhero
07-29-2013, 02:27 PM
Banks will get targeted a lot next season playing opposite of Revis. He'll get plenty of opportunities, so I hope he brings his A game.

MSUDawg4Life
07-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Banks will get targeted a lot next season playing opposite of Revis. He'll get plenty of opportunities, so I hope he brings his A game.

Yep, he's going to need his A game. Opposing teams are going to pick on him a little bit.

I like Detroit's defense too. It seems that they could be very good and it will be interesting to see Slay's role in it.