PDA

View Full Version : Update: Pitching coach

MsStateBaseball
10-28-2015, 06:04 PM
3 more interviewed, should announce very soon.

The two that were rumored are Wes Johnson and Drew Dickinson to interview.

Don't know the third to interview unless someone on here does.

smootness
10-28-2015, 06:05 PM
Regardless of who it ends up being, it's going to be an elite guy.

msstate7
10-28-2015, 06:07 PM
What effect will a new pitching coach have on this year's team? Will he tinker with our pitchers this close to the season?

MsStateBaseball
10-28-2015, 06:11 PM
The juniors I doubt seriously. Freshmen probably. He needs to figure out whose coming out of the bullpen in a situation. That's the biggest concern.

Coach34
10-28-2015, 06:31 PM
He will watch any film they have from the Fall
He will get to know the guys some before practice starts- gauging personalities
He will evaluate a good bit once practice starts- then make small adjustments. Spring wont be the time for any major overhauls unless someone just isnt effective at all

I seen it dawg
10-28-2015, 07:24 PM
I hope he brings a huge sack of balls with him.

confucius say
10-28-2015, 09:11 PM
I'm not an insider, but fwiw, Cohen flew to Dallas today out of jackson airport. Friend works at the airport and was working the flight.

MsStateBaseball
10-28-2015, 09:18 PM
Could be going to West Coast. No telling. That puts Friday announcement iffy.

War Machine Dawg
10-28-2015, 09:55 PM

Clueless. If he's flying to Dallas, he's after Wes Johnson. Make the final pitch tonight/tomorrow, make an announcement Friday or early next week. Sweet Baby Jesus, I hope he doesn't #CohenUp this hire.

Todd4State
10-28-2015, 10:14 PM
What effect will a new pitching coach have on this year's team? Will he tinker with our pitchers this close to the season?

Depends on what you define as "tinkering". I doubt he will do any major overhauls like dropping down Dakota Hudson or something like that. I do expect him to make tweaks at times. You have to trust the people you hire.

MsStateBaseball
10-29-2015, 06:18 AM
War Machine Dawg your an idiot. He could be going anywhere flying into Dallas.

Dallas_Dawg
10-29-2015, 02:22 PM

Sounds like we know who the idiot is now.

War Machine Dawg
10-29-2015, 02:25 PM

You were saying? Like I said, you're f'n clueless. For some reason I picture you as Ron Polk if he accepted the existence of the internet.

War Machine Dawg
10-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Sounds like we know who the idiot is now.

Beat me to it. Love MSB's passion for State baseball, but his "info" is useless. I openly admit I have no sources, but I can damn sure use common sense. We're looking for a pitching coach, WJ was interviewed (according to MSB's own sources, might I add), and Cohen flies to Dallas. Nah, he couldn't possibly be going to work out the last few details with WJ. He could be going ANYWHERE.****

Taog Redloh
10-29-2015, 02:36 PM
For the 2nd time in less than a week, you have been

http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/14/11328000/ngbbs4591e45af2ced.gif

MsStateBaseball
10-29-2015, 02:53 PM
I believe you guys are Ole Miss fanatics. All you do is spew bitter words. But again jealously rears its ugly head.

Taog Redloh
10-29-2015, 03:06 PM
I believe you guys are Ole Miss fanatics. All you do is spew bitter words. But again jealously rears its ugly head.
Whatever, bro. Ole Miss? Where did that even come from? I'll say this - I love your blog, has good info and I frequently check it, esp. for recrootin.

But whenever you post stuff like it's gospel (then brag about being an expert), and then you get proven wrong, you will be criticized. Now, if you would only simply post wrong things without being a prick, then you'll probably only be ridiculed half as much. We are all going to be wrong, but you don't always have to be a prick.

MsStateBaseball
10-29-2015, 03:23 PM
What was I wrong about? JC flying into a major airplane hub? He could be going anywhere. I never say bitter things in here. All I do is give my opinion. But you guys love to be bitter, love to cut people down. I sure don't have to post on this site. I was asked to.

I think I will go to other boards and to my almost 11,000 followers on Twitter and growing number on Facebook.

Homedawg
10-29-2015, 03:32 PM
What was I wrong about? JC flying into a major airplane hub? He could be going anywhere. I never say bitter things in here. All I do is give my opinion. But you guys love to be bitter, love to cut people down. I sure don't have to post on this site. I was asked to.

I think I will go to other boards and to my almost 11,000 followers on Twitter and growing number on Facebook.

Butch didn't pitch..... That's not an opinion question. That's a statement of fact. Which, factually is still incorrect.

MSUDawg4Life
10-29-2015, 04:03 PM

lol

You bitches are so weak. Any little disagreement and you fall apart.

maroonmania
10-29-2015, 04:19 PM

Well calling WMD an idiot was your main problem when he was in fact absolutely correct. It was MOST LIKELY that he WAS going to see WJ if he was flying to Dallas (given we already knew he was a strong candidate), but yes, there was also the lesser possibility he was just flying through Dallas.

ScoobaDawg
10-29-2015, 04:33 PM

Look I really enjoy your posts. But you called out WMD as an Idiot when one of our primary targets, and now our new Pitching Coach, is in Dallas.....
If you can't accept you got that wrong,... and own you shouldn't of called him an idiot I don't know what to tell you. Hate to see you leave though.

I seen it dawg
10-29-2015, 05:52 PM

Well then get the **** out of here you arrogant ****. The board doesn't need you and this pompous shit. No one is gonna beg you to stay. Go to your flock.

17thebears
10-29-2015, 06:08 PM

You suck worse on Twitter.

17thebears
10-29-2015, 06:09 PM

Spot on, per usual. Thanks for the info.

Political Hack
10-29-2015, 07:16 PM
"I don't need the biggest Mississippi State sports message board" seems like a mistake to me... & that Twitter following was due to name implying that it was university owned, which I believe has been corrected.

I love MSB's post and info. I hope he sticks around. He's very knowledgable and obviously has some good sources. However, that was a very "genespageish" attitude.

Can we just chalk it up to a bad day and move along??? I know I've never had a bad day, but I hear people are entitled to one.