PDA

View Full Version : Pete Thamel

Spiderman
10-28-2015, 05:16 PM
Say Mullen to USC on Finebaum.

Says there are no "names" out there this year to take it, and Mullen makes most sense. I always said that there were very few jobs he would leave for, but USC would be one you'd have to seriously consider.

That said, I really don't see it now at this time.

Discuss..........

Mjoelner34
10-28-2015, 05:19 PM
Now it all makes sense. THIS is in L.A. **
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Church_of_Scientology_building_in_Hollywood%2C_Los _Angeles%2C_California.jpeg

Coach007
10-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Yes yes.. I even heard they were accepting him into the Masons starting at 39th degree, and... AND he is now Skull and Bones. To be in both... well.... let's just say you cant just be from earth.. you actually have to be at least 1/2 alien. Not just any ALIEN either... it's reserved for Uranus.

BeardoMSU
10-28-2015, 05:34 PM
haha. That was funny, Mjoelner.

starkvegasdawg
10-28-2015, 05:37 PM
Now it all makes sense. THIS is in L.A. **
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Church_of_Scientology_building_in_Hollywood%2C_Los _Angeles%2C_California.jpeg

+10000

EAVdog
10-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Looks like Mullen will get another big raise this year with all these openings. Freeze may even too, as willing as Bjork is to open the checkbook.

mic
10-28-2015, 05:55 PM
If you want things to get real interesting...
Let Franklin court the Miami job...

Ifyouonlyknew
10-28-2015, 06:27 PM
If you want things to get real interesting...
Let Franklin court the Miami job...

Why would Franklin want the Miami job? Seems like hustling backwards he has a better job.

Coach34
10-28-2015, 06:35 PM
Why would Franklin want the Miami job? Seems like hustling backwards he has a better job.

The power of the U and the Fla recruiting. The right guy can win big there again

Ifyouonlyknew
10-28-2015, 06:43 PM
The power of the U and the Fla recruiting. The right guy can win big there again

I agree but Franklin is a step back from Penn St. He's also from the northeast so he's very familiar with that area. Plus he's going to make more at Penn St because Miami is notoriously cheap.

mic
10-28-2015, 06:46 PM

Much higher ceiling at da U than PSU...
I'm not saying he is a candidate but if they come calling I bet he would listen real hard...

Ifyouonlyknew
10-28-2015, 06:56 PM
Much higher ceiling at da U than PSU...
I'm not saying he is a candidate but if they come calling I bet he would listen real hard...

Agree to disagree. Penn St has way more fan support, way more money, plus he's a Pennsylvania kid. He also makes almost twice as much as Golden did. To get him away from Penn St they'd have to pay him $5.25mil or better & Miami isn't going to do that.

Leroy Jenkins
10-28-2015, 07:04 PM
Sorry, Miami is not a top job anymore. No fan support, no administration supoort, below average facilities, stadium almost an hour from campus. I could keep going. Neither Howard Schnellenberger, nor Jimmy Johnson, are walking through the door.

Taog Redloh
10-28-2015, 07:06 PM
I heard that too. May or may not happen. Who knows.

Whoever even BEGAN to insinuate that James Franklin would leave Penn State to go to Miami - put the meth foil down.

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2015, 07:38 PM
I don't think Miami will ever reach the heights they did again until they have a stadium closer to campus. That will be hard if not impossible to do.

War Machine Dawg
10-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Mjoelner has won the thread.

The U isn't the job it was 25 years ago. At the very least, they need a major upgrade to their facilities. Until the alums who are bitching on social media are willing to commit financially, nothing's going to change there, regardless of the coach.

mic
10-28-2015, 08:14 PM
I
Mjoelner has won the thread.

The U isn't the job it was 25 years ago. At the very least, they need a major upgrade to their facilities. Until the alums who are bitching on social media are willing to commit financially, nothing's going to change there, regardless of the coach.

I agree that they need a overhaul in facilities and on campus stadium, and wasn't saying they would ever be back to the JJ or DE years..
But it wasn't that long ago they won a national championship and should have won another one.. Early 2000's.. And it's not like PSU has been a national power the last 15 years..

The recurintg would be much easier.. Shit just recruit and keep the kids with in 3 hours of your campus With all the talent there and if you can coach a lick u can win 7 -8 games..
Good luck trying to get a top recruit in Fla, Ga, La, Tx, to PSU btw...
And it's not like the ACC is a dominate conference... Wouldn't take someone that long to be very competitve in that shit of a conference

It's not like Franklin is the most loyal and trustworthy guy anyway or a straight shooter at recruiting . I think he is a complete jackass that loves the limelight on him.. What better way than to bring The U back..

Leroy Jenkins
10-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Is there a university with a larger gap in the make-up of the student body and the athletes than UM?
I bet the majority of the faculty don't like the fact that thier university, with a 200k tuition, and an entrance ACT of 28-32, is referred to as "da U".

MSUDawg4Life
10-28-2015, 08:37 PM
Is there a university with a larger gap in the make-up of the student body and the athletes than UM?
I bet the majority of the faculty don't like the fact that thier university, with a 200k tuition, and an entrance ACT of 28-32, is referred to as "da U".

I'll bet they like winning though.

Leroy Jenkins
10-28-2015, 09:25 PM
I'll bet they like winning though.

Maybe, but I would bet they think football is that game where you kick that round black and white spotted ball into a net.

sandwolf
10-28-2015, 11:20 PM
The recurintg would be much easier.. Shit just recruit and keep the kids with in 3 hours of your campus With all the talent there and if you can coach a lick u can win 7 -8 games..
Good luck trying to get a top recruit in Fla, Ga, La, Tx, to PSU btw...

Franklin seems to be recruiting ok up there.....last year his signing class ranked 15th and his 2016 signing class is currently ranked 4th.

Political Hack
10-29-2015, 08:52 AM

Disagree. I think Miami is as extinct as the T-Rex. Until they upgrade facilities and move their stadium on campus, they're done. Their fanbase is awful. It's a pro town. Too much competition to put butts in seats and their student body isn't big enough to support a program through down years.

UCF is a bigger draw than Miami right now. Outside of conference affiliation, the directional schools have already passed Miami's program. They're no better than 4th in state and possibly 5th.

Taog Redloh
10-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Disagree. I think Miami is as extinct as the T-Rex. Until they upgrade facilities and move their stadium on campus, they're done. Their fanbase is awful. It's a pro town. Too much competition to put butts in seats and their student body isn't big enough to support a program through down years.
I agree with this, but I don't think Miami is a pro town. I think Miami is simply a party/vacation town. I think the pro sports lag behind the other things to do unless they are really really really good. Not to mention this latest boondoggle with the Miami Marlins stadium has completely screwed up everything they are trying to accomplish down there. The U definitely needs an on-campus stadium, and the Miami Marlins need to be up there by SunLife.

UCF is a bigger draw than Miami right now. Outside of conference affiliation, the directional schools have already passed Miami's program. They're no better than 4th in state and possibly 5th.
You done bumped your head. They are certainly behind Florida and FSU but UCF/USF? Please.

PassInterference
10-29-2015, 10:01 AM
Los Angeles has all the non-collegiate distractions that Miami has, maybe more. Miami should do now worse than UCLA. Maybe. Perhaps that on-campus stadium matters. How does South Carolina feel about that?

BrunswickDawg
10-29-2015, 10:10 AM
Los Angeles has all the non-collegiate distractions that Miami has, maybe more. Miami should do now worse than UCLA. Maybe. Perhaps that on-campus stadium matters. How does South Carolina feel about that?

South Carolina is a bad comparison. Williams-Bryce is 2 miles from the middle of campus, Sun Life Stadium is 20 miles and a hour of traffic.