PDA

View Full Version : 5 star DL has MSU folks

tcdog70
10-28-2015, 11:50 AM
Derrick Brown 6'4" 300 pounder from Georgia is being recruited by all the Big Boys. But both His parents went to State. there is a good chance He becomes a Maroon Bulldog.

msstate7
10-28-2015, 11:55 AM
I thought it was a long shot. Has something changed?

defiantdog
10-28-2015, 11:58 AM
Derrick Brown 6'4" 300 pounder from Georgia is being recruited by all the Big Boys. But both His parents went to State. there is a good chance He becomes a Maroon Bulldog.

Brown will give us an official, but I think he's UGA bound.

ShotgunDawg
10-28-2015, 12:02 PM
Brown will give us an official, but I think he's UGA bound.

Do you know him personally or are you just looking at Crystal Predictions made by people also voted State last in the SEC West?

There are recent articles that seem to indicate that MSU is a real factor in his recruitment. Including one article where he States that his father is a big MSU fan and watches every MSU football game religiously. Parents are a powerful factor. I believe the kid is a real MSU fan, which may be where his heart is.

HoopsDawg
10-28-2015, 12:03 PM
Fun to think about Derrick Brown and Jeff Simmons starting at DT with Leo Lewis and Gerri Green playing behind them. And then Peters and McLaurin. That would be incredibly strong up the middle.

mic
10-28-2015, 12:04 PM
We better stay on him hard.. And it sounds like we have better than a punchers chance...
Plus No guarantee CMR is still at UGA next year..
But we all know how lazy we can get at recruiting out of state guys..... At least some of us on here do..

msstate7
10-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Isn't Georgia a 3-4? If so, would he be a de or ng?

defiantdog
10-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Do you know him personally or are you just looking at Crystal Predictions made by people also voted State last in the SEC West?

There are recent articles that seem to indicate that MSU is a real factor in his recruitment. Including one article where he States that his father is a big MSU fan and watches every MSU football game religiously. Parents are a powerful factor. I believe the kid is a real MSU fan, which may be where his heart is.

I don't know Brown personally, but I do know Pruitt. Brown is UGA bound.

defiantdog
10-28-2015, 12:16 PM
Isn't Georgia a 3-4? If so, would he be a de or ng?

Not really..... they've transitioned to a Nick Saban style defense when Pruitt came aboard.

smootness
10-28-2015, 12:18 PM

I was around him a little last December during Rising Seniors here in Georgia and heard him talk about colleges some, and he didn't mention State. I would be surprised if he's a State fan.

However, we do have a connection here and need to work it as hard as we can. In the end, I doubt he comes to State, but I'll be ecstatic if he does.

drummerdawg
10-28-2015, 12:32 PM
He tweets about being from Ms and talks about how its home a good bit. Seems to have some Mississippi pride.

PassInterference
10-28-2015, 12:38 PM

Family & friends connections only work for #TheNetwork.

jumbo
10-28-2015, 12:40 PM
We're getting more than a courtesy visit, but UGA is the heavy favorite.

HoopsDawg
10-28-2015, 12:44 PM
Not really..... they've transitioned to a Nick Saban style defense when Pruitt came aboard.

Do you realize that Saban runs a 3-4?

HoopsDawg
10-28-2015, 12:48 PM
I was around him a little last December during Rising Seniors here in Georgia and heard him talk about colleges some, and he didn't mention State. I would be surprised if he's a State fan.

However, we do have a connection here and need to work it as hard as we can. In the end, I doubt he comes to State, but I'll be ecstatic if he does.

Here's the article that got people excited: https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/how-will-family-ties-affect-derrick-browns-recruitment

Ifyouonlyknew
10-28-2015, 12:58 PM
I think MSU has moved up for Derrick maybe even to #2 but UGA still has a stronghold on #1. His parents really would love for him to come to MSU but won't push him here. He lived in MS til he was like 2yrs old. He's grown up going to UGA games so he's just so much more comfortable there. I think we have a punchers chance but I definitely wouldn't put any money on MSU landing him. At least not right now I wouldn't.

defiantdog
10-28-2015, 01:07 PM
Do you realize that Saban runs a 3-4?

That's why I said not really..... he runs a 34, but he recruits players like Da'Shawn Hand that would excel in a 43 in transitions plays to exploit their talents.

mic
10-28-2015, 02:42 PM

Who is to say Pruitt is there next year..
Yeah all indications are he is UGA bound, but pretty good chance we are #2 and if things go south in Athens who knows..
I know our staff better be recruiting him like he is an in state guy..

maroonmania
10-28-2015, 03:08 PM
Yeah all indications are he is UGA bound, but pretty good chance we are #2 and if things go south in Athens who knows..

Well there is a pretty decent chance GA take their 3rd loss this weekend.

Is he taking an official during a game weekend or not until after the season?

Bothrops
10-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Georgia bound.

PassInterference
10-28-2015, 03:17 PM
Let's Tunsil him.

maroonmania
10-28-2015, 03:21 PM
Family & friends connections only work for #TheNetwork.

^^^ This

defiantdog
10-28-2015, 03:35 PM

You make a valid point, because Mark Richt is on the hot seat (not too mention his alma mater just got an opening). But Georgia would be dumb to lose Pruit. He's a great coach and great with the players.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-28-2015, 03:38 PM
You make a valid point, because Mark Richt is on the hot seat (not too mention his alma mater just got an opening). But Georgia would be dumb to lose Pruit. He's a great coach and great with the players.

When did Richt get on the hot seat? He just got an extension earlier this year he's not going anywhere. Other fanbases put Richt on the hotseat more than UGA fans or administration.

HancockCountyDog
10-28-2015, 03:47 PM
When did Richt get on the hot seat? He just got an extension earlier this year he's not going anywhere. Other fanbases put Richt on the hotseat more than UGA fans or administration.

Thank god they haven't. If they hired a monster coach, the SEC would be unbearable.

smootness
10-28-2015, 03:47 PM
Here's the article that got people excited: https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/how-will-family-ties-affect-derrick-browns-recruitment

That's definitely interesting. I had no idea he actually considered himself a State fan in some way.

The toughest thing, aside from being close to home, in beating UGA will be the class they're putting together, especially in-state. That is going to be an all-timer.

defiantdog
10-28-2015, 04:02 PM

UGA fans put him on the hot seat after every loss. Richt has made a huge push to get guys like Brian Shottenheimer and Jeremy Pruitt (and not so great hires like Todd Grantham). He's bumped up assistant salaries and convinced administration to build new facilities such as their indoor practice facility. He's a great person and great with players, but being nice only gets you so far. Big time athletic administrations are becoming greedy. They expect to win the SEC each season. Richt is in trouble with the emergence of Florida and Tennessee (close but not quite there), and the fact that Georgia has a top 5-10 recruiting class each year without much to show. Don't be surprised if there are any drastic changes in the near future.

tcdog70
10-28-2015, 04:13 PM
it isn't often we get a 5 star to give us a sniff. Now there is one with Bulldogs for parents and He says in an interview that He is a MSU fan. We need to full court press Mr Brown and show Him MSU is where he needs to be. Until he signs with Georgia we need to show Him love.

mic
10-28-2015, 05:01 PM
it isn't often we get a 5 star to give us a sniff. Now there is one with Bulldogs for parents and He says in an interview that He is a MSU fan. We need to full court press Mr Brown and show Him MSU is where he needs to be. Until he signs with Georgia we need to show Him love.

Agree... Lets don't go all Miss State and not full court press an out of state top 5-10 player in the country..
We have already dropped the ball on one out of state guy that we would of had a good shot at and at worse an official visit and hat on the table...

Ifyouonlyknew
10-28-2015, 05:02 PM
Agree... Lets don't go all Miss State and not full court press an out of state top 5-10 player in the country..
We have already dropped the ball on one out of state guy that we would of had a good shot at and at worse an official visit and hat on the table...

Who is that?

CadaverDawg
10-28-2015, 05:53 PM
Recruit the hell out of this guy. If he goes to UGA...no regrets. Never know what happens if we're on him hard and then we finish strong while UGA looks bad. Full court press until it's a done deal. No reason not to. We've got a better shot with him than Marlon Humphrey probably, & we went after him hard. No reason not to do the same for Brown. And I'm sure our coaches will.

smootness
10-28-2015, 05:58 PM
For the record, I was in no way suggesting we should give up. By all means, we should go after him as hard as we can. I've seen him play against other elite talent in person, and I can't imagine there being a better HS DL in the country. He is phenomenal.

Was just saying I doubt we get him.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-28-2015, 06:19 PM
We've been going all out for Brown the last couple of months. If we don't get him it won't be because of lack of effort.

TUSK
10-29-2015, 12:12 AM

Jeremy Pruitt?

Todd4State
10-29-2015, 12:33 AM
I think we have to handle this with kid gloves. Lets wait until January and see what happens.

drummerdawg
10-29-2015, 07:43 AM
We've been going all out for Brown the last couple of months. If we don't get him it won't be because of lack of effort.

Just the last couple of months? Man no wonder things don't usually end well for us at the end. Has any of our coaches even been to visit him yet?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-29-2015, 08:27 AM
Just the last couple of months? Man no wonder things don't usually end well for us at the end. Has any of our coaches even been to visit him yet?

I didn't say we just started recruiting him the last couple of months but things have really heated up the last couple of months. He's been to MSU & they've been out there. It's a 2 way street with recruiting. A school can recruit a kid as hard as possible but the kid has to return that interest for a relationship to be built.

Political Hack
10-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Who is that?

A stud OL.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-29-2015, 08:55 AM
A stud OL.

Drawing a blank

sandwolf
10-29-2015, 10:06 AM
A stud OL.

Why don't you just post his name?

mic
10-29-2015, 10:12 AM
Why don't you just post his name?

No need to do that... A few on here know...

defiantdog
10-29-2015, 01:07 PM
Jeremy Pruitt?

Yeah, got to know him during that Rush controversy

MaroonState
10-29-2015, 01:48 PM
Ty Montgomery??

GreenheadDawg
10-29-2015, 01:50 PM
No need to do that... A few on here know...

Haha damn maybe one day I can be a part of the secret club!! **

Mjoelner34
10-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Haha damn maybe one day I can be a part of the secret club!! **

I'm still trying to figure out the handshake so I can sneak my way in.

Political Hack
10-29-2015, 03:07 PM
Ty Montgomery??

Melvin was probably sleeping too much to return his voicemail.