PDA

View Full Version : Paul Jones has the Mississippi Top 10 ranked for the 2014 class

Coach34
07-28-2013, 06:15 PM
1. Roderick Taylor OL Callaway.... Ole Miss commit
2. Aeris Williams RB West Point.... State, Fla State battle (thanks Brewster)
3. C.J. Hampton DB Meridian.... Ole Miss commit
4. Gerri Green LB Greenville-Weston..... We are in good shape here
5. Jesse Jackson WR Petal.... We are in a battle but looking good here too
6. Markell Pack WR Purvis.... Florida State commit but gonna flip to Ole Miss (this is their set-up for the season)
7. Devin Voorhies DB Wilkinson County.... LSU commit
8. Jamoral Graham WR/DB Newton County..... State commit
9. Breeland Speaks DL Callaway...... Ole Miss, MSU, Ark, FSU (We made up some ground but lots of work to do)
10. Lashard Durr DB Harrison Central...... State commit

We have a good shot to get 3 of the top 5, and at least 5 of the top 10. Got to close on Williams, Jackson, and Green...maybe even get Speaks to climb aboard. If we get 5 of the top 10, it will make the 3rd straight season Mullen has pulled more of the Miss Top 10 than Freezus.

Jacksondevildog
07-28-2013, 06:31 PM
I think Speaks will end up a Rebel. It's amazing that Callaway has been so mediocre with 4 "D1" prospects on their team.

Big4Dawg
07-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Aeris is announcing Wednesday, correct?
His Crystal Ball on 246 has him 94% to State.
Barton Simmons (national guy), Florida State guy, and Paul all have him going to State. Don't think we have anything to worry about.

Todd4State
07-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Also- if we flip the Moore brothers we have a very good chance of winning the Dandy Dozen as well- or at least splitting with them.

hailmari
07-28-2013, 07:59 PM
I wonder why we haven't offered Tito Windham (OK commit), he's #13. I guess we are done with CBs in this class, though.

mic
07-28-2013, 08:16 PM
1. Roderick Taylor OL Callaway.... Ole Miss commit
2. Aeris Williams RB West Point.... State, Fla State battle (thanks Brewster)
3. C.J. Hampton DB Meridian.... Ole Miss commit
4. Gerri Green LB Greenville-Weston..... We are in good shape here
5. Jesse Jackson WR Petal.... We are in a battle but looking good here too
6. Markell Pack WR Purvis.... Florida State commit but gonna flip to Ole Miss (this is their set-up for the season)
7. Devin Voorhies DB Wilkinson County.... LSU commit
8. Jamoral Graham WR/DB Newton County..... State commit
9. Breeland Speaks DL Callaway...... Ole Miss, MSU, Ark, FSU (We made up some ground but lots of work to do)
10. Lashard Durr DB Harrison Central...... State commit

We have a good shot to get 3 of the top 5, and at least 5 of the top 10. Got to close on Williams, Jackson, and Green...maybe even get Speaks to climb aboard. If we get 5 of the top 10, it will make the 3rd straight season Mullen has pulled more of the Miss Top 10 than Freezus.

Is this Paul's ranking or the 24/7 ranking.??

BurgDawg
07-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Paul's not 247

Coach34
07-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Is this Paul's ranking or the 24/7 ranking.??

It's Paul's- but these guys havent even played their Sr seasons yet...it's going to change so his is as good as any right now

mic
07-28-2013, 08:45 PM
ok just wondering I knew 24/7 had the Hampton kid rated like a 96, was wondering if Aries jumped up close to that or not.. Paul is pretty solid with his talent observations unlike others..
I agree some of these will change about halfway thru the season..

HancockCountyDog
07-28-2013, 08:56 PM
It's Paul's- but these guys havent even played their Sr seasons yet...it's going to change so his is as good as any right now

ranking all of the guys that are interested in us high, while burying others.

I cancelled my scout membership the day after Steve did a 180 on the Moore twins. After big dawg camp he was ready to finish both of them off Nina Hartley style, then they commit to Ole Piss and all of a sudden they aren't even worth a hand job.

Dont piss on me and tell me it's raining.

MSUDawg4Life
07-28-2013, 09:10 PM
ranking all of the guys that are interested in us high, while burying others.

I cancelled my scout membership the day after Steve did a 180 on the Moore twins. After big dawg camp he was ready to finish both of them off Nina Hartley style, then they commit to Ole Piss and all of a sudden they aren't even worth a hand job.

Dont piss on me and tell me it's raining.

lol

Some people will say you are ten years too late.

Vandownbytheriver
07-28-2013, 09:35 PM
My brother did this like a week ago. Shameless plug and shit. Since that appears to be the thing to do.

http://www.cowbellclang.com/football/view.php?entryID=434

Coach34
07-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks Farley- his stuff is just as welcomed here...Jeanspage stuff? Not so much

Paul Jones
07-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks coach and its just my preseason list and based on camp showings and spring practices. To be honest, I went back and forth on No. 2 and 3 with Aeris and CJ. But I've always thought Aeris was underrated but no way I could put him No. 1. But I think Aeris is another Vick Ballard type that does actually have offers in hs (John had him No. 1 so he also sees the same thing).
Just me, but I think Jackson is the best wr in the state but its close with Pack. After the top 5, about 6-15 could move up or down and then after Top 20 or so, it is hard to rank to be honest. Mississippi always has top-tier talent but not great depth this year. I had this list done two weeks ago but moved some guys up (Speaks, Ronald Walker) some and moved some guys down (Ken Edwards, Keontre Anderson).

Coach34
07-28-2013, 10:25 PM
thanks for the info Paul

Vandownbytheriver
07-29-2013, 10:52 AM
This is John's list based on seeing them play and camp performances.

1-Aeris Williams
2-Rod Taylor
3-Markell Pack
4-Gerri Green
5-CJ Hampton
6-Dontavian Lee
7-Jesse Jackson
8-Devin Voorhies
9-Jamoral Graham
10-Darrius Liggins

Coach34
07-29-2013, 11:10 AM
This is John's list based on seeing them play and camp performances.

1-Aeris Williams
2-Rod Taylor
3-Markell Pack
4-Gerri Green
5-CJ Hampton
6-Dontavian Lee
7-Jesse Jackson
8-Devin Voorhies
9-Jamoral Graham
10-Darrius Liggins

I hope Liggins blows up like John thinks he will. He certainly created alot of buzz after they saw him in action. I think Jackson is better than the Callaway WR also

Vandownbytheriver
07-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Liggins is a solid player. Johnny Hill is an old school guy and doesn't do a lot of pumping up his kids. He's concerned with what they do for him. He preps them for his system and expects them to give 110%. The other thing that is hurting Liggins is the local media have taken veiled shots at him for committing to State. In his commitment story a local reporter had to make sure he pointed out that Liggins came to OM's camp and didn't leave with an offer. Right in the middle of his story, just threw that shit in there for good measure.

Coach34
07-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Liggins is a solid player. Johnny Hill is an old school guy and doesn't do a lot of pumping up his kids. He's concerned with what they do for him. He preps them for his system and expects them to give 110%. The other thing that is hurting Liggins is the local media have taken veiled shots at him for committing to State. In his commitment story a local reporter had to make sure he pointed out that Liggins came to OM's camp and didn't leave with an offer. Right in the middle of his story, just threw that shit in there for good measure.

I'm curious as to why he didnt get an offer- the Rebs certainly need some DE's. Either bigger targets are they think they can flip him later if need be. But anybody that has seen him thinks he is legit- but will need a couple of years to develop

Vandownbytheriver
07-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Probably the same reason they waited on Chris Jones. It's all about the star ratings. And no, I'm in no way saying Liggins is the next CJ, just similar situations.

PMDawg
07-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Why is Graham so low? I thought he was a 4 star type guy, and a lot of the ones ranked ahead of him are consensus 3's if I'm not mistaken. don't get me wrong, I'm not a "stars" kind of guy but I just find it odd. By all accounts, Graham is one of our top recruits so I just find it odd that all of the lists I'm seeing have him so low in MS.

RougeDawg
07-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Aeris is announcing Wednesday, correct?
His Crystal Ball on 246 has him 94% to State.
Barton Simmons (national guy), Florida State guy, and Paul all have him going to State. Don't think we have anything to worry about.

In Stark. May be wrong but I believe I saw this on twitter last Thur/Friday.

camsu
07-29-2013, 12:32 PM
I saw a report Aeris did not go to FSU this past weekend so I would move that 94% up to 99%.

Coach34
07-29-2013, 12:36 PM
I saw a report Aeris did not go to FSU this past weekend so I would move that 94% up to 99%.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ekIzGfJkBs

Afro Dawg
07-29-2013, 05:40 PM
It's State.

Coach34
07-29-2013, 05:45 PM
It's State.

WOW- I never thought I'd see your ass here.

I'm glad you joined- you are a good poster who knows his stuff- whether we agree or not. Welcome Fro

Oh, and thanks for the info. Good having a West Point connection around

CadaverDawg
07-29-2013, 06:08 PM
It's State.

Glad you're here, Fro...welcome. You made one hell of a post on the other board yesterday. Glad you're bringing that over here.

HancockCountyDog
07-29-2013, 06:45 PM
It's State.

So did they fill up at the position or did they see the writing on the wall?

Afro Dawg
07-29-2013, 06:47 PM
So did they fill up at the position or did they see the writing on the wall?
Both.

Homedawg
07-29-2013, 06:54 PM
I'm curious as to why he didnt get an offer- the Rebs certainly need some DE's. Either bigger targets are they think they can flip him later if need be. But anybody that has seen him thinks he is legit- but will need a couple of years to develop

Word I got was they told him he had a ship, IF, he would commit to them on the spot. I'm sure similar to the Moore's deal. He didn't and now they can say he didn't have an offer. All the while I'm sure they could flip him whenever they want. (that will be their take, not mine)