PDA

View Full Version : Horrible play by the KC 1st baseman

Bully13
10-27-2015, 10:02 PM
he had time to square up on that ball. tried to get cute, Mets back on top 4-3

might as well get a world series thread going ..

I guess

Blackout
10-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Everyone loving the "old school" Royals, Cain (3-hole) goes down 0-2 trying to sac bunt. Strikes out.

Hal McRae disapproves Lorenzo.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/990470/hal-mcrae-goes-nuts-o.gif

RougeDawg
10-27-2015, 10:12 PM
Yep, two time gold glover tried to glove a short hop instead of charging or at least getting body in front of the ball. Mets can't handle the prosperity.

shoeless joe
10-27-2015, 10:18 PM
Huge mistake. These two teams are fairly evenly matched...mets great starters and KC's pen mean a play like that, even in game 1, could be a huge deciding factor.

No matter what level you're at fundamentals will bite you in the ass of you don't do them correctly.

Blackout
10-27-2015, 10:30 PM
Alex Gordon - Beast

Bully13
10-27-2015, 10:35 PM
are any of you posters old enough to remember the Jackson Mets? Davey Johnson as the coach. all those Mets in Jackson who ended up in Flushing who won the '86 World Series? I went to a lot of their games and was luck enough to be at game 7 in Flushing when we won it all.

shit...dude just homered... tied up again

War Machine Dawg
10-27-2015, 10:37 PM
Everyone loving the "old school" Royals, Cain (3-hole) goes down 0-2 trying to sac bunt. Strikes out.

#Cohening from Yost trying to sac bunt in the first place.

RougeDawg
10-27-2015, 11:00 PM
#Cohening from Yost trying to sac bunt in the first place.

Horrible mechanics by Cain in the first place. You are taught to start with bat at top of strike zone and bend knees to adjust to a lower pitch in an attempt to bunt. Easier to bend knees on lower pitch than raise up on high pitch. Either way, Cain attempted to bunt one in his eyes first pitch which was a ball. Then attempted to bunt one running in on him. Both horrible pitches to bunt, and both of which he should have eliminated as they came out of the pitchers hand. Have to read the pitchers hand at release and determine ball/strike at release point. That's where watching pitcher
Prior to AB comes in handy. There are two points in a pitcher's throwing motion where a hitter can eliminate the pitch as a strike. That's why you see some of the hitters fully give up on pitches that are clearly balls from the get go. If a pitch is released before a certain point it will be a ball high and if a pitch is released late in the arm slot it will be a ball low. As a hitter you should have these already located prior to stepping in the box and have your mental markers for each one be it the ear, lettering of hat, bill of hat for the high pitch and below shoulder as a low pitch. To most people this may seem impossible but it's easy if you practice it. Once you've established release points of possible strikes you take the next step. You Then pick up ball spin after release, white( fast ball) red dot (off speed) and make a quick decision on whether to bunt or not.

Then again, you can't jump up off your couch and enact these things. You have to practice both physically and mentally but that's the difference in a hitter and a great hitter. Also knowing a pitchers tendencies in specific situations helps, but as a read and react hitter the arm release and color of ball are the react instincts good hitters have.

Todd4State
10-27-2015, 11:03 PM
are any of you posters old enough to remember the Jackson Mets? Davey Johnson as the coach. all those Mets in Jackson who ended up in Flushing who won the '86 World Series? I went to a lot of their games and was luck enough to be at game 7 in Flushing when we won it all.

shit...dude just homered... tied up again

Heck yeah I remember the Jackson Mets. They are who I used to watch with my Dad when he was teaching me about baseball.

KB21
10-27-2015, 11:23 PM
This has been an incredible game! That catch by Granderson may have saved it for the Mets. Dyson would have been standing at third and would have scored on Perez's ball that hit the bag.

Bully13
10-27-2015, 11:31 PM
Heck yeah I remember the Jackson Mets. They are who I used to watch with my Dad when he was teaching me about baseball.

quality post Todd considering you are a bird fan. thank you. I'll never forget holding my game 7 tickets watching game 6 at the Blarney Stone in Manhattan getting ready to tear my tickets up in the bottom of the 9th. down 0-2. 2 outs. nobody on and 0-2 to Gary Carter. the rest is history. you have no idea of the pandemonium that broke out when that ball went thru Buckner's legs in NYC. fireworks going off everywhere on the streets and tops of buildings , random hugs from strangers everywhere. NYC was on fire. I felt like that kid in Wonka's chocolate factory with the golden ticket.

mstatefan91
10-28-2015, 12:09 AM
This game refuses to end..

KB21
10-28-2015, 11:23 AM
If you love baseball like I do, there is no way you could hate that game last night. I'd put that game up there with Game 7 of the Braves/Twins WS where John Smoltz and Jack Morris had a pitching duel for the ages. The wrong team won that game, but that was a great, great game.