PDA

View Full Version : Dan Mullen is our control freak, asshole & I love it

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2015, 07:47 PM
According to Bonner, it looks as if Thunder Dan just went off on someone else who asked an injury question.

Injury questions appear to be Dan's biggest pet peeve, and I'm not sure why.

However, nice guys finish last in the SEC. Saban, Spurrier, Belechik, Parcells, Meyer, etc are all or were all control freaks that had occasional run ins with the media.

These are the types of things that will keep Dan at MSU for 20 years though. He's a good enough coach to keep us competitive and stable, but enough people dislike him that no one really wants to hire him away.

I like our control freak asshole. He wins

thedawg
10-27-2015, 08:00 PM
Reporters act like little bitches and that coaches owe them something... A coach doesn't have to answer a question and whining about it on Twitter doesn't change things.. He's told them he isn't answering those questions.. Maybe they should believe him

Jack Lambert
10-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Reporters act like little bitches and that coaches owe them something... A coach doesn't have to answer a question and whining about it on Twitter doesn't change things.. He's told them he isn't answering those questions.. Maybe they should believe him

They are all cock sucker.

mstatefan91
10-27-2015, 08:03 PM
To be fair to the media guys, he commented on the injury status of a player and then blew up when they asked him about the injury status of Myles/Morrow.

That is fairly confusing...

thedawg
10-27-2015, 08:04 PM
Do you think all reporters there knew he doesn't like to discuss injuries?

msstate7
10-27-2015, 08:08 PM
Do you think all reporters there knew he doesn't like to discuss injuries?

Whether Dan likes it or not, the media should ask. I like Dan whether he answers or not

thedawg
10-27-2015, 08:09 PM
Well the next time they ask I bet they don't get to ask anymore questions that day

msstate7
10-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Well the next time they ask I bet they don't get to ask anymore questions that day

Haha... Our HC is a jerk. I love em, but a jerk nevertheless

jbjones
10-27-2015, 08:16 PM
Love it. He's got all kinds of quirks that I like...I mean, how can you NOT like the guy that coined the terms, "Northern Miss" and "TSUN"? In public, to the press, no less!

Percho
10-27-2015, 08:24 PM
I like that he fessed up at halftime about the squib kick.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-27-2015, 08:32 PM
of all the shit for the CL to report and he bitches about this? Grow a pair or take it. Keep it up Dan!

Taog Redloh
10-27-2015, 08:35 PM
If this sort of thing makes someone a jerk in your eyes, you probably still have baby fat on you.

Homedawg
10-27-2015, 08:37 PM
I like that he fessed up at halftime about the squib kick.

Yea that's fine, glad he did too. However, that's crap he can't screw up. I don't bitch about play calls or who is playing for the most part because he has practice and film to go by to justify the reason. BUT crap like kicking a squib kick and assing up clock management or anything of the sort sends me over the edge. That's why he gets the money he gets, not to ass up the simple stuff!! And those are simple- just don't **** em up!!

TUSK
10-27-2015, 08:38 PM
Accept ur overlord, embrace him, he is a fair God. V

msstate7
10-27-2015, 08:38 PM
If this sort of thing makes someone a jerk in your eyes, you probably still have baby fat on you.

Look I don't care if Dan answers the question or not, but it's the press' job to ask questions... Even if it's questions Dan doesn't wanna answer. Again, I don't care if Dan answers or not bc I'm not keeping up with the CL anyway

bluelightstar
10-27-2015, 08:42 PM
Look I don't care if Dan answers the question or not, but it's the press' job to ask questions... Even if it's questions Dan doesn't wanna answer. Again, I don't care if Dan answers or not bc I'm not keeping up with the CL anyway

Yeah, this is childish. It's literally their job to ask these questions. I don't much care either way, but I don't leave this impressed.

Statecoachingblows**
10-27-2015, 09:06 PM
Love it. He's got all kinds of quirks that I like...I mean, how can you NOT like the guy that coined the terms, "Northern Miss" and "TSUN"? In public, to the press, no less!

Definitely an endearing quality in my book

TStationDawg
10-27-2015, 09:24 PM
Definitely an endearing quality in my book

When it comes to the media the HBC both gives and takes away. You want info? Then abide by the rules of the one who controls the info. Its clear Dan is pissed that Will's injury got out before he wanted. Fair enough. So don't be surprised when he acts in response accordingly whether its "your job to ask" or not. We've got the TSUN circus that calls who's fired or kept at the CL for crying out loud. Dan doing this isn't anything that bad by that comparison. I thought he was fairly clear on that 2 years ago. If you get injury info, consider it a luxury, not an indication of right moving forward. We have our own beat writer on the hailstate blog. Don't need anything else. I can follow the media press conferences and USA Today writers on my own. Beyond that, they (CL/CD/DJ/BO BOUNDS) don't add jack squat. I don't need Bonner or anyone else reiterating what Kendall Rogers, Jerry Meyer, Clay Travis, Tony Barnhart said on twitter about my team. That is all.

TStationDawg
10-27-2015, 09:33 PM
I would also add, i would PAY BIG MONEY to see Brad Locke march his ass back in there and ask about injuries again- just to see him embarrassed all over again!

Bully13
10-27-2015, 10:06 PM
Haha... Our HC is a jerk. I love em, but a jerk nevertheless

yes but he's OUR jerk. just like Cohen, he's an intense bastard. but he's OUR intense bastard. love 'em all.

Howland? is he next? waiting to see..

Love Lambert's replies as well. always classic

TUSK
10-27-2015, 10:26 PM
yall are growin before my very eyes....

snif

so happy...

snif

Dental Dawg33
10-28-2015, 07:55 AM
yall are growin before my very eyes....

snif

so happy...

snif

Hahaha I like this guy

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-28-2015, 08:24 AM
Screw the CL...Bonner is the same guy that posted the headline "MSU Swings and Misses at its top choice to fill the void at pitching coach" instead of reporting that he interviewed and declined. No need to be an asshole and I see why Dan has no patience with them.

MSUDawg99
10-28-2015, 08:54 AM
Bonner is the whole damn reason Dan got mad to begin with. He's the one who leaked info about Redmond claiming a credible source. Bo Bounds is not a credible source inside the MSU program. Bonner is such a damn douche but from what I understand (cause I asked Brandon Walker on Twitter last night) is that Dan treats Bonner well...why, I'll never know. Bonner loves the negative attn he gets from MSU fans & loves to piss them off with his headlines. I wish we could Riley Blevins his ass!

jumbo
10-28-2015, 08:54 AM
I have a feeling today's open practice is going to blow up as well. The media has been asked not to comment on who is held out/doesn't practice/is wearing a boot etc.

Political Hack
10-28-2015, 09:28 AM
I have a feeling today's open practice is going to blow up as well. The media has been asked not to comment on who is held out/doesn't practice/is wearing a boot etc.

Yeah... Like that info won't find its way out there. There are only a select few that would take that obligation seriously.

Taog Redloh
10-28-2015, 06:57 PM
Bonner is the whole damn reason Dan got mad to begin with. He's the one who leaked info about Redmond claiming a credible source. Bo Bounds is not a credible source inside the MSU program. Bonner is such a damn douche but from what I understand (cause I asked Brandon Walker on Twitter last night) is that Dan treats Bonner well...why, I'll never know. Bonner loves the negative attn he gets from MSU fans & loves to piss them off with his headlines. I wish we could Riley Blevins his ass!
We can if we had enough people to complain about it. But typically MSU fans, like Republicans, are too busy with jobs and families and what not, to troll social media, stand in picket lines, and march in riots.

Ole Miss folks, like Democrats, are always free to do that as they mooch off daddy in their gimme jobs.

I seen it dawg
10-28-2015, 07:05 PM
Yea that's fine, glad he did too. However, that's crap he can't screw up. I don't bitch about play calls or who is playing for the most part because he has practice and film to go by to justify the reason. BUT crap like kicking a squib kick and assing up clock management or anything of the sort sends me over the edge. That's why he gets the money he gets, not to ass up the simple stuff!! And those are simple- just don't **** em up!!

Delay. Of. Game.