PDA

View Full Version : Observation

Percho
10-27-2015, 06:28 PM
I watched replay of the Ky game and would like to say that was the most professional job by the announcers I have heard in a long time.

Kudos to Brent Musburger and Jesse Palmer.

Leroy Jenkins
10-27-2015, 06:31 PM
Musburger is a HOF'er no-doubt But I like Palmer better because incorporates a lot of practice notes from spending the week with coaches and players. They are the best duo of a sub-par profession.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-27-2015, 06:36 PM
I watched replay of the Ky game and would like to say that was the most professional job by the announcers I have heard in a long time.

Except for the fact they jinxed Dak on his int, literally right after they mentioned his streak, the int occured

godlluB
10-27-2015, 06:56 PM
I like Jesse Palmer ok, but Mussberger is just awful.

I firmly believe that one day the world will be shocked to learn that Mussburger has been actually broadcasting sober for all these years.

Jack Lambert
10-27-2015, 07:01 PM

I firmly believe that one day the world will be shocked to learn that Mussburger has been actually broadcasting sober for all these years.

But Mussberger call the Heisman voter out on Dak. Twice!

chef dixon
10-27-2015, 07:02 PM
They were slobbing over Dak, Mullen, and MSU pretty hard. I'm sure Kentucky fans were absolutely hating it. It was almost weird to hear.

Also, Palmer has always been a fan of MSU and he seems to do our games a lot.

Jack Lambert
10-27-2015, 07:02 PM

Cool thing. My son and I walked by Palmer when he was comming out of Barnes and Nobles and gave my 11 year old son a high five. Looked like he was in a hurry so I didn't ask for a photo of him and my son.

Liverpooldawg
10-27-2015, 07:07 PM
Mussberger is AWFUL.

thf24
10-27-2015, 07:28 PM
Mussberger is almost unbearable with the cliches a lot of the time, but then again most of the older-generation guys are. And unlike said contemporaries of his, he seems to have his facts more or less straight and doesn't try to push an agenda too hard.

archdog
10-27-2015, 07:43 PM
The same thing happened to Wes Carrol I believe. I remember watching that game and going, well guys thanks for the jinx asshats.

DancingRabbit
10-27-2015, 07:52 PM
Musburger leans on the cliches pretty heavily but I don't mind him. He's decent and a very familiar voice - I've been listening to him for over 30 years.

Percho
10-27-2015, 08:22 PM
I thought they had done their homework.

rolodawg
10-27-2015, 08:27 PM
I started laughing out loud when he mentioned Katherine Webb as he was throwing the bad voodoo on Dak. You would have to think the producers were rolling their eyes in the trailer.

Coackjek
10-27-2015, 09:13 PM
Except for the fact they jinxed Dak on his int, literally right after they mentioned his streak, the int occured

As well as Graves on the missed field goal

Bama_Dawg
10-28-2015, 08:49 AM
Musburger > Uncle Vern

I'll take Musburger any day over Vern AND Gary. I hate watching CBS's SEC broadcasts.

thf24
10-28-2015, 08:52 AM
As annoying as Vern is, I don't really hold it against him because he's more or less senile at this point. I blame the CBS execs for not phasing him out already. Gary, on the other hand, can eat shit as far as I'm concerned after he gleefully called attention to Dak's limp for the rest of the game after he got tweaked against UK last year.

PassInterference
10-28-2015, 08:54 AM

"And the highlight of tonight is that Dak Prescott through a INT after 289 attempts." - Brent M.

Really, Musburger? Dak scores 6 TDs and your highlight is that he threw an INT.

jumbo
10-28-2015, 08:56 AM
"And the highlight of tonight is that Dak Prescott through a INT after 289 attempts." - Brent M.

Really, Musburger? Dak scores 6 TDs and your highlight is that he threw an INT.

maybe he meant for UK?

sandwolf
10-28-2015, 09:17 AM
Also, Palmer has always been a fan of MSU and he seems to do our games a lot.

Agreed. He was also one of the very first people to start mentioning Dak as a Heisman candidate.

Barking 13
10-28-2015, 09:29 AM
I cringed when I heard who was calling the game..... it actually turned out ok

BB30
10-28-2015, 10:18 AM
Who would yall like to see stepping into the older broadcaster's roles? Several of them should be out of the game at some point in the near future.

Bullmutt
10-28-2015, 11:34 AM

But probably not as surprised as they would be to hear that he ever actually played a down of football.