PDA

View Full Version : Any chance for Gameday 11/14 ?

THE Bruce Dickinson
10-27-2015, 12:49 PM
Was just looking at the schedule for that week and the only 2 other games of notes that I saw were

Memphis @ Houston

Oklahoma @ Baylor

If Bama beats LSU and we beat Mizzou what are the chances that Gameday comes back to Starkville ?

BeardoMSU
10-27-2015, 12:56 PM
I doubt we'll be ranked high enough, even after beating Mizzou. It will probably be Baylor. We are easily the second best option though.

ScoobaDawg
10-27-2015, 12:58 PM
Im gonna guess they goto Baylor. Short of Kansas State pulling the upset of the year in a week.

Leroy Jenkins
10-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Was just looking at the schedule for that week and the only 2 other games of notes that I saw were

Memphis @ Houston

Oklahoma @ Baylor

If Bama beats LSU and we beat Mizzou what are the chances that Gameday comes back to Starkville ?

I think UH vs UM gets Gameday... Unless Navy can bet UM the week before. Navy is 5-1 with a 17 point loss @ Notre Dame.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-27-2015, 01:02 PM
We should at least get SEC nation right?

BeardoMSU
10-27-2015, 01:03 PM
We should at least get SEC nation right?

It's either that game or the EB.

Johnson85
10-27-2015, 01:19 PM
I think UH vs UM gets Gameday... Unless Navy can bet UM the week before. Navy is 5-1 with a 17 point loss @ Notre Dame.

I'd bet with you. It gives them the angle of covering what can be cast as an elimination game for the non-power 5 teams as far as playoff hopes go.

Baylor and Oklahoma obviously give them the bigger names though, so I wouldn't be shocked either way.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-27-2015, 01:23 PM
Baylor just lost their starting QB for the year with a neck. It will interesting to see how the freshman that takes his place and how the team reacts.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2015, 01:24 PM
No chance Gameday comes for the Alabama game because they'll go to the LSU Bama game the week before and they aren't going to back to back Bama games.

This is why we'll likely never get Gameday for the Bama game unless they ever change up the schedule. Gameday will go to LSU vs Bama most year and they won't attend a Bama game two weeks in a row basically leaving us SOL

We have a terrible annual schedule for attracting Gameday because we are never ranked high enough in the preseason for them to come to the LSU game, Alabama always plays LSU the week before us, and Ole Miss and us are usually out of the West running and are contending with the Iron Bowl in the last weekend.

Really the Auburn game is the only game we have a legitimate chance with and that requires both MSU and Auburn beating LSU early in the season to set up the matchup.

Dawg61
10-27-2015, 01:56 PM
No chance Gameday comes for the Alabama game because they'll go to the LSU Bama game the week before and they aren't going to back to back Bama games.

This is why we'll likely never get Gameday for the Bama game unless they ever change up the schedule. Gameday will go to LSU vs Bama most year and they won't attend a Bama game two weeks in a row basically leaving us SOL

We have a terrible annual schedule for attracting Gameday because we are never ranked high enough in the preseason for them to come to the LSU game, Alabama always plays LSU the week before us, and Ole Miss and us are usually out of the West running and are contending with the Iron Bowl in the last weekend.

Really the Auburn game is the only game we have a legitimate chance with and that requires both MSU and Auburn beating LSU early in the season to set up the matchup.

CBS gets first pick before ESPN. They can only have a school on five times a year though so has Bama been on CBS five times already? CBS also has one Saturday doubleheader per year. Have they had their doubleheader weekend yet?

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2015, 02:01 PM
CBS gets first pick before ESPN. They can only have a school on five times a year though so has Bama been on CBS five times already? CBS also has one Saturday doubleheader per year. Have they had their doubleheader weekend yet?

Wron thread. We are talking about Gameday, not CBS.

However, I think CBS is using their double header for the Alabama LSU game at night and the Ole Miss/ Arkansas game that afternoon?

Quaoarsking
10-27-2015, 02:53 PM
There's no rule against GameDay seeing the same team in consecutive weeks. They probably wouldn't do the same campus, but no problem with one of the teams being the same.

GameDay did Florida-A&M and Florida-Tennessee in consecutive weeks in 2012 and Texas Tech-Oklahoma and Oklahoma-Oklahoma State the next week in 2008. Also Texas-Oklahoma and Missouri-Texas that year.

ETA: in 2006, LSU-Florida and Florida-Auburn the next week.