PDA

View Full Version : Mauk reinstated. Does it matter?

confucius say
10-27-2015, 10:25 AM
Word is his suspension has been lifted.

http://m.stltoday.com/sports/college/mizzou/eye-on-the-tigers/mauk-cleared-to-rejoin-tigers/article_58034016-8f38-5421-8bd3-dce4c7074815.html?mobile_touch=true

thf24
10-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Doubt it. Didn't they think they were going to be better after the first game with their backup?

BeardoMSU
10-27-2015, 10:31 AM
I hope it doesn't matter. Just our luck, though...

TrapGame
10-27-2015, 10:47 AM
Mauk's a head case. He was very average anyway. Driskel and Towles are far better QBs.

Leroy Jenkins
10-27-2015, 10:50 AM
Not much difference

Mauk 51.8% 654 yards, 6 touchdowns and 4 int.
Lock 48.8 % 538 yards, 2 TDs and 2 int.

Mauk got to face the mighty defenses of UConn, Arky St., Southeast MO St.
Lock got USCe, GA, UF, Vandy.

Aaaannd... Mauk lost to UK 21-13. So, not worried.

Johnson85
10-27-2015, 10:56 AM
Mauk gives them the potential to make some big plays. Without any big plays, I'm not sure if they can score enough to win even if their defense does well. Their D or special teams would have to score. I would think Mauk helps but they will still have to more or less win with their D.

War Machine Dawg
10-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Yes it matters. True freshmen QBs generally aren't ready to go 4 quarters against an SEC DC. Mizzou's 3rd down conversion rate is abysmal since Lock took over. If I'm remembering it correctly, after our game Saturday Matt Wyatt said Mizzou has only converted something like 3 third downs over their last 3 games. Mauk is as streaky as they come, but his experience matters. I think we win, but if Mauk really is back, it might not be the complete beatdown I was anticipating.

Coach007
10-27-2015, 11:01 AM
Yes it matters! Just not to us. He is choosing to play a guy for sake of wins at the cost of cancer.

HancockCountyDog
10-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Yes - they may score 10 points now. Good for them. We win 31-10;

Leroy Jenkins
10-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Yes it matters. True freshmen QBs generally aren't ready to go 4 quarters against an SEC DC. Mizzou's 3rd down conversion rate is abysmal since Lock took over. If I'm remembering it correctly, after our game Saturday Matt Wyatt said Mizzou has only converted something like 3 third downs over their last 3 games. Mauk is as streaky as they come, but his experience matters. I think we win, but if Mauk really is back, it might not be the complete beatdown I was anticipating.

Has more to do with schedule than QB.

Mauk
SE Missouri State W 34 - 3
@ Arkansas State W 27 - 20
Connecticut W 9 - 6
@ Kentucky L 13 - 21

Other guy
USC W 24 - 10
Florida L 3 - 21
@ Georgia L 6 - 9
@ Vandy L 3 - 10

Jack Lambert
10-27-2015, 11:33 AM
They still have a O-Line that can't block and WR that can't catch.

msstate7
10-27-2015, 11:42 AM
Rushing yards...
Lock -10
Mauk 145

Mizzou is better with mauk

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2015, 11:50 AM
I expect the same worry warts, that are terribly worried about every game, will see this as a reason to worry & the same people that trust our coaching staff & think we are pretty good, won't think this matters much.

Me: I fall in the second group & believe that, while Mizzou may be slightly more dangerous with Mauk, if he's the reason we lose, we played like absolute dog crap.

We'll be fine. If we want to be a big boy, we have to start thinking like big boys. MSU is finding it's groove right now & should win this game 28-10 or more

Joe Schmedlap
10-27-2015, 11:53 AM
Rushing yards...
Lock -10
Mauk 145

Mizzou is better with mauk

No doubt about it. Mizzou with Mauk has a way of looking like crap the entire game but finding a way to win with tenacious defense and a big play or two on offense.

drunkernhelldawg
10-27-2015, 12:12 PM
I do think we win the game, but no doubt they're better with him. I'm not worrying. I'll just say that they've been a very bad team this season. I will also observe that teams that have been much worse than expected often improve dramatically in the late season. For example, am I the only person who thinks that Auburn might beat Ole Miss this Saturday? I didn't think so.

DancingRabbit
10-27-2015, 12:15 PM
I tend to think that Mauk won't start. Pinkel seems to be kinda old school and may think starting Mauk the first game off suspension would send the wrong message.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him put Mauk in after we get ahead.

TrapGame
10-27-2015, 12:17 PM
Hell, forget Mauk. Mizzou had trouble containing Vandy's undersized RB. He broke several long yardage runs. Gives me hope that Holloway will have a career game vs them.

Lumpy Chucklelips
10-27-2015, 01:40 PM
Benefits us. Dan will now use this to keep us focused on Mo. and not looking ahead to Bama.

Dawg61
10-27-2015, 01:58 PM
Mauk is a much better QB so hell yes it matters but it's still not enough for a team that lost to Vandy. We'd beat Mizzou with Cam Newton starting.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-27-2015, 02:30 PM
Can you say R.A.T.? I hope we don't have too.

Bothrops
10-27-2015, 03:06 PM
We have to find our rythym before their defense becomes disruptive. If we don't, I expect a low scoring affair that could come down to missed field goals. My gut tells me they're going to be up for us.

chef dixon
10-27-2015, 03:07 PM
If Dak is truly in the zone we think he is then they will not keep up regardless of who plays QB.

CadaverDawg
10-27-2015, 07:08 PM
It 100% makes a difference. It could give the team a boost when they're ready to call it quits...plus, as everyone said, he's a MUCH better playmaker at QB than the backup. I still think we can win, and probably should win...but to act like this doesn't give Mizzou a big shot in the arm would be foolish. If we play like we did Saturday, we win. But with Mauk back, you can't still lay a turd and win like you probably could with Lock in there.

Leroy Jenkins
10-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Who has Mauk beat? If we you are worried about the guy who put up 9 points vs UConn you need nerve pills.

basedog
10-27-2015, 07:25 PM
L
It 100% makes a difference. It could give the team a boost when they're ready to call it quits...plus, as everyone said, he's a MUCH better playmaker at QB than the backup. I still think we can win, and probably should win...but to act like this doesn't give Mizzou a big shot in the arm would be foolish. If we play like we did Saturday, we win. But with Mauk back, you can't still lay a turd and win like you probably could with Lock in there.

Good point, Mauk will or should give them a boost. Playing on the road in the Sec is a challenge. I think gets our defense
attention and I think we come in fired up.

CadaverDawg
10-27-2015, 07:47 PM
Who has Mauk beat? If we you are worried about the guy who put up 9 points vs UConn you need nerve pills.

Look at his career, not 2015. And nobody said nervous...just that it makes them better. If you can't admit to that, you're not being realistic. Hell, u could put Mike Henig back there and they'd be better than their last few games (kidding, sort of)

CadaverDawg
10-27-2015, 07:48 PM
L

Good point, Mauk will or should give them a boost. Playing on the road in the Sec is a challenge. I think gets our defense
attention and I think we come in fired up.

I agree. I hope that's the mentality we take as a team from this news. We are still the better team...I worry more about the spark and reenergizing he brings more than the talent he brings. They were done...does this revive them any? We'll see. Maybe not.

Political Hack
10-27-2015, 09:56 PM
Hell give them a spark when they need it. Kid has talent. I'd rather see Lock.

War Machine Dawg
10-27-2015, 10:29 PM
I expect the same worry warts, that are terribly worried about every game, will see this as a reason to worry & the same people that trust our coaching staff & think we are pretty good, won't think this matters much.

Me: I fall in the second group & believe that, while Mizzou may be slightly more dangerous with Mauk, if he's the reason we lose, we played like absolute dog crap.

We'll be fine. If we want to be a big boy, we have to start thinking like big boys. MSU is finding it's groove right now & should win this game 28-10 or more

This. We should still win. Mauk could just make it more interesting for a while. With Lock, I was expecting a completely merciless beatdown. Still think we win by a minimum of 2TDs, regardless of QB.

DancingRabbit
10-27-2015, 10:49 PM
So they say, "cocaine is a helluva drug"

Well, I'm Nick James bitch!

http://imgix.scout.com/157/1571602.jpg?w=600&h=360&fit=max

smootness
10-27-2015, 10:54 PM

We don't even know Mauk will start that game.

It won't make a difference in the result of the game. We win relatively easily either way.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-27-2015, 10:59 PM
I'm confident this team has found itself. It doesn't matter if it's Mauk or Lock we go to Columbia & make a statement.

Pollodawg
10-27-2015, 11:11 PM
I'm confident this team has found itself. It doesn't matter if it's Mauk or Lock we go to Columbia & make a statement.

Same. We're playing to end this season like we did to start last season.

bulldawg28
10-28-2015, 12:15 AM

Columbia?

sandwolf
10-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Columbia?

Correct. Columbia, MO.