PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at this list of who Ole Miss loses next year......

Taog Redloh
10-27-2015, 10:23 AM
Channing Ward - starting DL
Big Kim - starting LB
Quintavious Burdette - has contributed
Woodrow Hamilton - starting DL
Collins Moore - contributes
Ben Still - contributes
Justin Bell - starting OL
Dillon Barrett - contributes
Aaron Morris - starting OL
Cody Core - starting WR
Fahn Cooper - starting OL
Mike Hilton - starting DB
Trae Elston - starting DB
C.J. Johnson - starting LB
Chief Brown - contributes
Jaylen Walton - starting RB
Laremy Tunsil - starting OL
Tony Conner - starting DB
Lil Kim - starting DL
Paidwell - starting WR

I don't know about other juniors, but those last 4 are pretty much gone.

Either way, these slaps will be lucky to get to 6-6. Florida State is a loss. LSU is a loss in BR. They'll beat Wofford, post-Fuente Memphis and Ga Southern. Georgia, Alabama and Auburn will beat them in Oxford. Arkansas and Vandy are on the road, and then us. They'll get 2 of 3. 5-7 at best.

Freeze might get out of town, after all. He won't have much to show for all that crootin hype. I guess 9-3 with a Big 6 blowout loss isn't chopped liver, and then whatever they do this year (probably 8-4 at best), but not exactly what they had hoped for.

TrapGame
10-27-2015, 10:45 AM
If they have a below average year with a loss at home to us the natives will get cra-cra.

Brando
10-27-2015, 10:55 AM
Dont they have Patterson coming next yr? Hell that alone will give the media the excuse to rank them top 10 and finishing the top of the west. We all thought the media was crazy telling us we will be 6-6 this yr. Wait til next yr when Dak is gone. You know since most say we are nothing without Dak and it is a 1 man team. We will be lucky to be predicted to finish 6-6.

Johnson85
10-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Big Kim - starting LB
Ben Still - contributes
Cody Core - starting WR
Lil Kim - starting DL
Paidwell - starting WR

Either way, these slaps will be lucky to get to 6-6. Florida State is a loss. LSU is a loss in BR. They'll beat Wofford, post-Fuente Memphis and Ga Southern. Georgia, Alabama and Auburn will beat them in Oxford. Arkansas and Vandy are on the road, and then us. They'll get 2 of 3. 5-7 at best.

Freeze might get out of town, after all. He won't have much to show for all that crootin hype. I guess 9-3 with a Big 6 blowout loss isn't chopped liver, and then whatever they do this year (probably 8-4 at best), but not exactly what they had hoped for.

If they finish 8-4 this year, recruiting will probably get a lot harder for them. They'll still do fine in recruiting, but I would expect them to go back to the 15-20 range being their good classes. Just not enough top flight players willing to go out of state to a school where their ceiling will be 9 wins.

Taog Redloh
10-27-2015, 11:18 AM
If they finish 8-4 this year, recruiting will probably get a lot harder for them. They'll still do fine in recruiting, but I would expect them to go back to the 15-20 range being their good classes. Just not enough top flight players willing to go out of state to a school where their ceiling will be 9 wins.
Agreed. They missed their chance.

SheltonChoked
10-27-2015, 11:23 AM
I wouldn't count GA southern as a auto win either. They have been playing well and will be a handful vs a depleted team.

BrunswickDawg
10-27-2015, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't count GA southern as a auto win either. They have been playing well and will be a handful vs a depleted team.
Just ask UF about GSU. Sure they still have nightmares of that game.

Mjoelner34
10-27-2015, 11:40 AM
Talking heads this year: Mississippi State lost too much and Dak Prescott doesn't have any help. They'll be lucky to go bowling.

Talking heads next year: Ole Miss has an experienced QB in Chad Kelly and that's all you need. Don't be suprised if they're in the mix for a playoff spot at the end of the year.

sleepy dawg
10-27-2015, 12:34 PM

Why do you think recruiting will get harder? Because they stop cheating? I believe they only won like 3 games the season they were in the top 5 in recruiting. Wins have never stopped them from paying for the best players money can buy.

jumbo
10-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Freeze and the OM spin machine will prepare the flock. They'll manage to get to 6-6 and everyone will sing Freezus name from the rooftops for the amazing coaching job he did with everything they lost.

Johnson85
10-27-2015, 01:28 PM
Why do you think recruiting will get harder? Because they stop cheating? I believe they only won like 3 games the season they were in the top 5 in recruiting. Wins have never stopped them from paying for the best players money can buy.

Everybody cheats in recruiting and most recruits don't simply go to the highest bidder. They go where they think they can win big or where they have some sort of tie, either geographically or through a friend or relative, or maybe where they think they can develop for the NFL. Even if UM is more aggressive in cheating than other teams, there are just not that many recruits that only care about money and/or favors they receive on recruiting visits, and you really don't want to build a team out of those players.

Like I said, they're not going to do poorly in recruiting and will still often have classes in the top 20, but it's going to get a hell of a lot harder if not impossible to pull in a top 10 class.

Joe Schmedlap
10-27-2015, 02:33 PM
7-5 would be good for either SEC program in Mr Sipi next year. Now, in 2017, I think the Dogs will be very stout.

sleepy dawg
10-27-2015, 02:45 PM
Everybody cheats in recruiting and most recruits don't simply go to the highest bidder. They go where they think they can win big or where they have some sort of tie, either geographically or through a friend or relative, or maybe where they think they can develop for the NFL. Even if UM is more aggressive in cheating than other teams, there are just not that many recruits that only care about money and/or favors they receive on recruiting visits, and you really don't want to build a team out of those players.

Like I said, they're not going to do poorly in recruiting and will still often have classes in the top 20, but it's going to get a hell of a lot harder if not impossible to pull in a top 10 class.

I'm just saying, it should be infinitely easier to pull in a top 10 class than their 2013 class when they won 2 games the year before, and 4 games the year before that... If they didn't have trouble bringing in the highest rated class in state history after that, they won't ever have any issue based on how many wins they got the year before.

HancockCountyDog
10-27-2015, 02:51 PM
7-5 would be good for either SEC program in Mr Sipi next year. Now, in 2017, I think the Dogs will be very stout.

How anyone can reasonably project out how good or bad we will be in 2017 is beyond me. So many things factor into our success. It is hard enough to project our season next year, but 2017? Who knows. We could be a playoff contender to a team battling for a bowl. Depends on where other teams are in the West, and depends on how guys progress and how we finish recruiting this year and next.

confucius say
10-27-2015, 02:52 PM
I'm just saying, it should be infinitely easier to pull in a top 10 class than their 2013 class when they won 2 games the year before, and 4 games the year before that... If they didn't have trouble bringing in the highest rated class in state history after that, they won't ever have any issue based on how many wins they got the year before.

They won 7 games in 2012, not 2. And had a ton of momentum, similar to us at the end of the 2013 season.

Maroonthirteen
10-27-2015, 02:52 PM
Broadway Joe sezs....

"I couldn't care less about the team struggling."

Johnson85
10-27-2015, 02:55 PM

UM's current coaching staff didn't win 2 games the year before and 4 games the year before that. As a new coach, you have the ability to establish some hype and excitement. As long as you are showing steady improvement, you can keep selling that. Freeze moving back to 8-4 or even 7-5 wouldn't be that big of a deal except that he's been hyping his best ever recruiting classes the last few years. This was supposed to be their year and any time they go against a big time program for a recruit, whoever is recruiting against them can honestly tell the recruit that if they go play for Freeze at UM they are likely choosing to never win even 10 games in a season in college.

BulldogBear
10-27-2015, 03:19 PM
Talking heads this year: Mississippi State lost too much and Dak Prescott doesn't have any help. They'll be lucky to go bowling.

Talking heads next year: Ole Miss has an experienced QB in Chad Kelly and that's all you need. Don't be suprised if they're in the mix for a playoff spot at the end of the year.

Too much truth here^^^^^

The other thing is that next year, losing a bunch of starters won't mean anything, whereas this year it pretty much meant we were going to have an NWSU and 11 record.

Coach34
10-27-2015, 03:49 PM
They are working hard to ride the Shea Patterson train to pull in more big Croots. Working hard for their money

PassInterference
10-27-2015, 04:03 PM
They are working hard to ride the Shea Patterson train to pull in more big Croots. Working hard for their money

I hope these croots watched us beat the #1 QB recruit who plays for LA Tech.

thf24
10-27-2015, 04:14 PM
I have no info but I still think it's not outside the realm of possibilities that Shea and bro start looking elsewhere as the smoke from the dumpster fire gets thicker. Not to mention most of an already mediocre OL departing.

mic
10-27-2015, 04:19 PM
Y
Big Kim - starting LB
Ben Still - contributes
Cody Core - starting WR
Lil Kim - starting DL
Paidwell - starting WR

I said this a while back.. Not only are they losing a ton of players.. , basically no one from the first class CHF had red shirted. They had / have at least 6 -8 players from the " greatest clas ever " that are no longer on the team, and 2 players for that class both 4 star qb's will never contribute..
And with possible NCAA sanctions looming they better hope this 2016 class stays together and even then they could be in for some long years....

BulldogBear
10-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Y

I said this a while back.. Not only are they losing a ton of players.. , basically no one from the first class CHF had red shirted. They had / have at least 6 -8 players from the " greatest clas ever " that are no longer on the team, and 2 players for that class both 4 star qb's will never contribute..
And with possible NCAA sanctions looming they better hope this 2016 class stays together are they are in for some long years....

They tried to make a big splash (they can't help it) to wet down the cute girls sunbathing on their floaties and instead deluged Grandma and the snack table.