PDA

View Full Version : Is State getting hot at the right time OR

cheewgumm
10-27-2015, 09:02 AM
Have we just taken advantage of the weak part of our schedule?

I'm going with "B" until proven otherwise.

Mullen is a good coach but does some wacky game costing stuff in big games. And Alabama is coming up. Hopefully I'm wrong but i expect him to do as he does against them again this year.

Jacksondevildog
10-27-2015, 09:06 AM
Probably B as well. We are getting better, but we have been beating teams with limited abilities. We need to beat Missouri and the play calling from Mullen versus Alabama will tell a lot. Mullen can't ease into that game, play calling wise, like an old man into a hot bath like he has in the past.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-27-2015, 09:08 AM
The rest of our season hinges on Bama..period. If Dak and Dan can get that big win, we will roll the rest of the way...I am seeing us end the year like we started the year last year. Last year we started hot and fell off late, this year we started off slow and are hitting our stride at the right time.

Coach34
10-27-2015, 09:46 AM
Kentucky only lost by 8 @Fla plus had only allowed 4 passing TD's all year before Saturday.

Johnson85
10-27-2015, 09:49 AM
The rest of our season hinges on Bama..period. If Dak and Dan can get that big win, we will roll the rest of the way...I am seeing us end the year like we started the year last year. Last year we started hot and fell off late, this year we started off slow and are hitting our stride at the right time.

I would say our season hinges on every game but Bama. That is the one game we can lose and still have a successful season compared to our potential. If we lose to Arkansas, I'm not sure we beat UM, even at home.

ShotgunDawg
10-27-2015, 09:51 AM
We've begun to play much better against the weak part of our schedule. However, I believe if we were playing like this the entire year, we'd be 8-0 right now.

We are now playing at a level that we have a chance to beat Bama, but I'm looking at Mullen. I'm tired of going into big games and seeing our balls shrivel up. If Mullen lets his nuts hang out, we'll have a chance.

Taog Redloh
10-27-2015, 09:52 AM
Both.

We are certainly getting better, but we are most definitely playing the soft part of our schedule. But that's not a bad thing, we needed to do a little growing up, so our schedule is getting progressively harder leading up to Alabama. I see it as a good thing.

starkvegasdawg
10-27-2015, 09:55 AM
As much as it will piss me off I have a gut feeling the difference in this being another historical season and a good season is going to be a missed FG attempt that was never even close. Now, this season is still certainly salvageable but I think it will take winning out. Every game is now a must win to be considered for another NY6 bowl game and with the cakewalk schedule some of the other ranked teams have I am not 100% sure that will do it this year unless us winning out puts us in the SECCG.

Maroons
10-27-2015, 10:02 AM
Kentucky only lost by 8 @Fla plus had only allowed 4 passing TD's all year before Saturday.

They played at UK and had their best DL healthy.

We're definitely improving every week though.

Taog Redloh
10-27-2015, 10:04 AM
As much as it will piss me off I have a gut feeling the difference in this being another historical season and a good season is going to be a missed FG attempt that was never even close. Now, this season is still certainly salvageable but I think it will take winning out. Every game is now a must win to be considered for another NY6 bowl game and with the cakewalk schedule some of the other ranked teams have I am not 100% sure that will do it this year unless us winning out puts us in the SECCG.
I think if we get to 9-3 (with the Egg), we'll be in a NY6 game or at minimum, a Citrus Bowl type game. If we win that game, then this season will have surpassed last year in my mind. If we beat Bama en route to 9-3, then no question about it. Dak will likely be in NYC if that happens.

fishwater99
10-27-2015, 10:08 AM

Mullen is a good coach but does some wacky game costing stuff in big games. And Alabama is coming up. Hopefully I'm wrong but i expect him to do as he does against them again this year.

It's both, we need to finish 4-0 or 3-1 with an Egg Bowl win and a loss to Bama and all will be well...

msstate7
10-27-2015, 10:17 AM
They played at UK and had their best DL healthy.

We're definitely improving every week though.

We held Kentucky to 16 and should've had 4 ints without our best defensive player

Duckdog
10-27-2015, 10:25 AM

A little bit of both

Jack Lambert
10-27-2015, 10:25 AM

I am sick of this, "Since we beat them they must not be any good" crap. LA Tech can play with anyone. KY has played with everyone. We should have beaten LSU. So I think it is A. We are getting better and Dak is Fresh.

Dental Dawg33
10-27-2015, 10:27 AM
Both. Our offense is a well oiled machine that is captained by the best QB in the SEC (arguably CFB) and our defense, although giving up yards, is stepping up when it needs to in the redzone. This is the weaker portion of our schedule yes, but I like that we are playing a lot of guys and visibly getting better instead of going through the motions and lackadaisically filly farting through the games and winning a cripple fight against UK, La Tech or Troy. The improvements and confidence are transferring week to week and there isn't an opponent left on our schedule that is looking forward to playing us. It's GOMF starting Nov. 5

Dental Dawg33
10-27-2015, 10:30 AM
(Cue AC/DC Hell's Bells)

Johnson85
10-27-2015, 10:59 AM
I think if we get to 9-3 (with the Egg), we'll be in a NY6 game or at minimum, a Citrus Bowl type game.

If we finish 9-3, we will probably be behind Bama and LSU just in the West. That means we would need LSU to go to the playoffs and Bama to go to the Sugar Bowl and then us get an at large bid over the winner of the East. We'd probably need Florida to lose to UGA and FSU for that to happen.

Liverpooldawg
10-27-2015, 11:35 AM
I think it's B.

msstate7
10-27-2015, 11:38 AM
We beat auburn 17-9. Our offense is coming on. We're a much better offensive team now than then and our defense is steady = we're better

sleepy dawg
10-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Probably B as well. We are getting better, but we have been beating teams with limited abilities. We need to beat Missouri and the play calling from Mullen versus Alabama will tell a lot. Mullen can't ease into that game, play calling wise, like an old man into a hot bath like he has in the past.

Poor reference.** I would very much like to ease into a hot bath right about now.

ScoobaDawg
10-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Hold. I need to see more than one game against Kentucky (sorry I dont use those patsy OOC games for an eye test).
Lets go out and destroy Mizzo to a tune of 37-10 with Dak having a similar game as against UK and then we will know If we have a realistic chance against Bama.

Leroy Jenkins
10-27-2015, 01:02 PM
Hold. I need to see more than one game against Kentucky (sorry I dont use those patsy OOC games for an eye test).
Lets go out and destroy Mizzo to a tune of 37-10 with Dak having a similar game as against UK and then we will know If we have a realistic chance against Bama.

UK is a better team than Mizzou. Why would a win vs Mizzou prove more than a domination of UK?

ScoobaDawg
10-27-2015, 01:05 PM
UK is a better team than Mizzou. Why would a win vs Mizzou prove more than a domination of UK?

Consistency. One game can be an outlier. Is out team hot for one game or are we moving in the right direction.

Leroy Jenkins
10-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Consistency. One game can be an outlier. Is out team hot for one game or are we moving in the right direction.

Oh, I get the concept, I just dont agree. If Mizzou has their "outlier" game vs us and looks very good are we suddenly a worse team? Agree to disagree... its cool.

Maroons
10-27-2015, 01:26 PM

Mizzou D is MUCH better than UK D. Plus it's a weird Thurs. road game.

Leroy Jenkins
10-27-2015, 01:29 PM
Mizzou D is MUCH better than UK D. Plus it's a weird Thurs. road game.

Mizzou O is MUCH MUCH MUCH worse than UK O. (push) Both teams play at the same time.

Jack Lambert
10-27-2015, 02:07 PM

It's about perception for all those idiots out West. Mizzou has played in the SEC championship game two years in a rolll and KY has sucked for 6 years. That's all they know. Whipp Mizzou and Dak has another KY game all bets are off.

tcdog70
10-27-2015, 03:13 PM
I am sick of this, "Since we beat them they must not be any good" crap. LA Tech can play with anyone. KY has played with everyone. We should have beaten LSU. So I think it is A. We are getting better and Dak is Fresh.

^^^^^ this all day---we have some shitty fans--no faith in our team. Our young talented players are getting better every game--Dak is rolling and our wideouts are the best in our History. 84-6 and 10 are becoming huge factors to go along with 8-1-and 5. i think we win out.

cheewgumm
10-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Whoa! Wait so now since we have beat Northwestern, Louisiana Tech and Kentucky and I'm not screaming "we're back!" ,I'm a shitty fan.

News flash. The 2 "good" teams we played, we lost to. When we beat a good one I'll believe.

msstate7
10-27-2015, 04:02 PM
Whoa! Wait so now since we have beat Northwestern, Louisiana Tech and Kentucky and I'm not screaming "we're back!" ,I'm a shitty fan.

News flash. The 2 "good" teams we played, we lost to. When we beat a good one I'll believe.

If us beating a team means that team is no good, then we won't beat a good one

cheewgumm
10-27-2015, 04:09 PM
I never said that.

msstate7
10-27-2015, 04:17 PM
I never said that.

I think we've beaten 4 bowl teams (usm, auburn, la tech, and Kentucky) so far.

I realize auburn and Kentucky have a little work to do, but I think they get there

Coach34
10-27-2015, 04:19 PM
I never said that.

Dano- we're better. Mizzou's D will be a pretty good litmus test for us. They are statistically best in the SEC. We'll have a good idea of what to expect vs Bama.

Need to find a way to get a reunion with Whitey, Thunderclap, and Curly one of these days

cheewgumm
10-27-2015, 05:30 PM
Dano- we're better. Mizzou's D will be a pretty good litmus test for us. They are statistically best in the SEC. We'll have a good idea of what to expect vs Bama.

Need to find a way to get a reunion with Whitey, Thunderclap, and Curly one of these days

Yep that'd be fun!

DancingRabbit
10-27-2015, 07:42 PM

Mizzou, Kentucky and La Tech are all about the same level of team. Sagarin has all 3 ranked between 59 and 64.

Mizzou is possibly more challenging being a Thursday night away game and we're less familiar with them. But if we play well we should win comfortably.