PDA

View Full Version : May be wishful thinking, but I'm starting to think AU upsets UNM

blacklistedbully
10-26-2015, 08:07 PM
Don't know why, but I just have this gut feeling AU may pull the upset this Saturday. That would be so UNM.

Rick Danko
10-26-2015, 08:08 PM
Hope you're right, but 99% no...

msstate7
10-26-2015, 08:12 PM
I'm worried about auburn packing it in. Hopefully they show up

blacklistedbully
10-26-2015, 08:31 PM

I considered this, and I have to say, some on their team seem to have. But if they are worth 2-shits they will realize they could still go on a run and finish 9-3.

Do y'all really think aTm is an auto loss for them? How about UGA, who just scraped by Mizzou 9-6? Would be shocked if they lost to Idaho, so if I'm AU, I'm thinking there are at least 3 games I've already got a good shot to win if I believe and work hard. Then I remember the Iron Bowl is one you can throw the records out on.

So, as a player I'd be looking at the OM game as the first game in a streak I think we can go on, and I bust my ass to win it.

Now. add to that UNM is, as usual overrated. I know they didn't deserve to beat Bama. I know they greatly benefited from a messed up aTm. I know 2 weeks ago they lost badly to Memphis, and all they have done since is beat a clearly way down aTm. I know UNM got their clock cleaned by UF,

Of their wins, which were really proof they are as good as some people think? Certainly not Bama, they were gifted that win. Not Vandy. Not Fresno State. Not NM State. Aside from aTm, their next best deserved win is UTM.

Again, aTm was a hot mess for that game, so it's hard to judge how much of that was UNM being good and how much was aTM being that bad.

Harrydawg
10-26-2015, 08:38 PM
I think AU could very well rise up. They have the talent
and I think they get there stud DLineman back this week

Coach34
10-26-2015, 08:41 PM
There's a chance- especially with Auburn at home. But it's going to be tough to do

msstate7
10-26-2015, 08:43 PM
I think AU could very well rise up. They have the talent
and I think they get there stud DLineman back this week

They get Lawson back?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-26-2015, 08:47 PM
I predicted Florida and Memphis to beat them and for some unknown reason I feel like AU will beat them in the return of the magic at Jordan Hare...in a close stunner..34-33

Spiderman
10-26-2015, 08:54 PM
Aw-Barn is DONE. Rebs easy

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2015, 08:55 PM
Don't know why, but I just have this gut feeling AU may pull the upset this Saturday. That would be so UNM.

I hope you are right but I don't see it.

Jack Lambert
10-26-2015, 08:57 PM

This game will be like watching WWII movies when the Nazi's are fighting the Communists. Either way one cheating ass hole is going down.

IMissJack
10-26-2015, 08:58 PM
Don't see AU beating OM. For the first half of the game vs. ARK they did not look good at all.

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 08:58 PM
Ole Miss is the luckiest team on the planet. Auburn can't stop anyone and they can't throw the ball therefore they lose.

blacklistedbully
10-26-2015, 09:01 PM
This game will be like watching WWII movies when the Nazi's are fighting the Communists. Either way one cheating ass hole is going down.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jack Lambert again.

Mjoelner34
10-26-2015, 09:07 PM

^^^THIS^^^ I probably won't watch the game just because they both can't lose.

DanDority
10-26-2015, 09:09 PM
There is absolutely no way AU keeps it close! BTW, I sure wish we had a Big Softie on our team. He shut down 15 from A&M.

blacklistedbully
10-26-2015, 09:17 PM
Before some of y'all get too carried away with UNM, consider their record vs FBS teams with winning records, 2-2, with 2 blowout losses.

Now, of those 2 wins, one came vs a Bama team that was CLEARLY better, spotted UNM 5 t/o's, gave up 7 points on a complete fluke, and another 7 on a play that should have been called back for linemen downfield. Despite getting 14 undeserved points AND benefiting from 5 t/o's, UNM only manages to escape by 6 points. That's a W, but it's the epitome of a fluke win.

In reality, this UNM team deserves to be no better than 1-3 vs those teams, with at least 2 losses blowouts. On top of that, their 1 win was vs a clearly reeling aTm.

Color me unimpressed. Hell, I'm more impressed with AU taking UPig to 4 OT's at Upig than I am with UNM's win over Bama.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2015, 09:17 PM
There is absolutely no way AU keeps it close! BTW, I sure wish we had a Big Softie on our team. He shut down 15 from A&M.

Auburns RB will get 150 yards against ole miss if Gus calls the correct game. Still not sure they'll win though. Ole miss can be beat up the middle. For some reason coached don't understand this. Florida and Memphis understood it. Fournette will rush for 250 against them.

LC Dawg
10-26-2015, 09:25 PM
I hope Auburn pulls it off but I think the sting of the 4 OT loss coupled with the 11:00 kickoff work too much against them. I may be wrong but I feel like the 11:00 kickoff works against the underdog.

Covercorner2
10-26-2015, 09:28 PM
Ole Miss is only a 6 point favorite, for what it's worth...

ScottH
10-26-2015, 09:31 PM
My hate for AU pales in comparison to my hate for UNM.

Gus seems to know how to attack Wommack.

Plus its a road game. 4 of last 5 road games has been a loss - (LSU, UPIG, UF, Memphis) - Bama gift wrap is only road win

blacklistedbully
10-26-2015, 09:56 PM
Think about it, folks. UNM won a game vs aTm. Logic says look at how incredibly bad aTm was even when it wasn't due to anything UNM was doing. Logic says consider aTm is such a cluster-&^@% that they refused to even play their 1B QB after 1A went 1 for his first 19, missing several passes badly.

But logic is not a word to be found in the UNM vocabulary. They will go into AU feeling like they beat a top-ranked team, SEC West contender, and are the only reason aTm sucked so bad. They are going to go into Auburn beleiving they dominated a really good team.

I think they are in for a rude awakening. Not because I think AU is that good, rather just that I am not convinced UNM is.

BeardoMSU
10-26-2015, 10:11 PM
I doubt it happens, but I'm hopeful.

Maybe I'm just gullible, but I've been waiting for Auburn to "click" and figure their shit out all season; maybe it will happen this week, who knows. I know they lost this past week, but it was on the road, at Arky, and they did force 4 OT's....that certainly doesn't look like a team that's given up.

1bigdawg
10-26-2015, 10:50 PM
The question on the Plains is the locker room. If they play like the end of last year, they lose.

I believe they beat UNM.

Rayburn8
10-26-2015, 10:59 PM
My hate for AU pales in comparison to my hate for UNM.

Gus seems to know how to attack Wommack.

Plus its a road game. 4 of last 5 road games has been a loss - (LSU, UPIG, UF, Memphis) - Bama gift wrap is only road win

I'm the opposite after the Cam BS. Frick Auburn, Frick the AU family, Frick the plains, Frick that damn eagle, Frick it all. Hope TSUN blows them out.

BeardoMSU
10-26-2015, 11:01 PM
We should want OM to lose just because that will essentially take them out of the west race with 3 games to go. I don't want them riding high with 1 SEC loss when they roll into Davis Wade.

MSUDawg4Life
10-26-2015, 11:10 PM
We should want OM to lose just because that will essentially take them out of the west race with 3 games to go. I don't want them riding high with 1 SEC loss when they roll into Davis Wade.

Not a problem. I want them to lose every day in every way.

I just don't have confidence in Auburn. They might pull off the upset, but I think they're more likely to pack it in for the rest of the year.

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 11:23 PM
Not a problem. I want them to lose every day in every way.

I'm just don't have confidence in Auburn. They might pull off the upset, but I think they're more likely to pack it in for the rest of the year.

They might pack it in, but I think Mahlzahn is a better coach than Chizek, and therefore that's less likely to happen. They're 4-3 with losses to MSU, LSU, and a quadruple OT loss to Arkansas on the road and they have some very winnable games left. They may pack it in, but they really shouldn't.

Beaver
10-26-2015, 11:32 PM
Agree with most on here. 11 kickoff benefits OM. Also, OM is looking for revenge after last year--especially Treadwell. It really depends on the start since both teams are pretty fragile emotionally. One or the other will quit. Likely outcome = OM 35 AU 17. Hopefull outcome if Auburn plays well and OM quits = AU 27 OM 10

Dawgface
10-27-2015, 07:02 AM
Not a foregone conclusion OM wins only because the game is at AU. At home OM looks like a true SEC contender, on the road.....not so much. But it will be tough for AU to bounce back from the 4 OT loss. Going to be tough for AU to get it together imo.

Thick
10-27-2015, 07:06 AM

This could definitely be the case, but I don't think AU can beat them regardless.

msstate7
10-27-2015, 07:07 AM
I'm not predicting auburn to win, but Kelly has been turning the ball over. If auburn takes advantage of Kelly putting the ball up for grabs, they have a shot

RougeDawg
10-27-2015, 07:20 AM
Before some of y'all get too carried away with UNM, consider their record vs FBS teams with winning records, 2-2, with 2 blowout losses.

Now, of those 2 wins, one came vs a Bama team that was CLEARLY better, spotted UNM 5 t/o's, gave up 7 points on a complete fluke, and another 7 on a play that should have been called back for linemen downfield. Despite getting 14 undeserved points AND benefiting from 5 t/o's, UNM only manages to escape by 6 points. That's a W, but it's the epitome of a fluke win.

In reality, this UNM team deserves to be no better than 1-3 vs those teams, with at least 2 losses blowouts. On top of that, their 1 win was vs a clearly reeling aTm.

Color me unimpressed. Hell, I'm more impressed with AU taking UPig to 4 OT's at Upig than I am with UNM's win over Bama.

^^^^This all f*cking day.^^^^

The majority of our fans are doing exactly what they bitch about the pollsters and talking heads for. Simple looking at W/L and score instead of the actual details that led to the outcomes.

This game will depend on Auburn and if they have given up. If they are still playing to win they will roll the Beav. Of course they can't spot Bucky 5 turnovers and 24+ points. As we've seen the Bears cannot beat teams with a pulse, that play relatively mistake free. Kelly will have multiple TOs Saturday. Auburb has more of a SEC defense than A&M and Bears will struggle. Let's not forget Auburb has a similar, less gimmick, offense to practice against weekly. Auburn just has to limit their turnovers and they should win.

Really Clark?
10-27-2015, 07:31 AM
For those who like small samples for trends, since a year ago against LSU, UNM is 3-6 vs FBS with winning records. 4 of the 6 losses were blowouts. Their road or neutral site record since that LSU game, 1-5 with 3 blowout losses and a 2 score loss to Memphis.

Drugdog
10-27-2015, 07:36 AM
Auburn beats the Bears by 21. Their season is officially over on Saturday. A miracle game vs Bama, non starting Qb by A and M.
This one will not be close.

msstate7
10-27-2015, 07:37 AM
Auburn beats the Bears by 21. Their season is officially over on Saturday. A miracle game vs Bama, non starting Qb by A and M.

21? I hope so, but I doubt that

RougeDawg
10-27-2015, 07:41 AM
For those who like small samples for trends, since a year ago against LSU, UNM is 3-6 vs FBS with winning records. 4 of the 6 losses were blowouts. Their road or neutral site record since that LSU game, 1-5 with 3 blowout losses and a 2 score loss to Memphis.

Memphis was a blowout everywhere but the scoreboard. It never was even close and Memphis left 14-20 points on the field. But yes, you, I and a few others have taken notice of this Trent and Kelly is turning it over at a Bro pace these last few games.

Dental Dawg33
10-27-2015, 07:44 AM
They are playing more inspired now than a few weeks ago. White at QB has helped them. By no means are they a top SEC contender, but they aren't looking as dumpster fire-like. 3 weeks ago I said they were going to be a wrecking ball team. They are going to ruin someone's season....and I honestly think it'll be this weekend. Especially since a prick ass acquaintance bear fan texted me after AU barely pulled off the Jacksonville State game saying "don't worry, State won't finish last in the west, AU is worse." Bear shit sandwich shall be served this Saturday, and I can't wait bc I've been waiting patiently to send my response

Drugdog
10-27-2015, 07:56 AM
21? I hope so, but I doubt that

I also had Florida and Memphis.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
10-27-2015, 08:37 AM
I hope Auburn pulls it off but I think the sting of the 4 OT loss coupled with the 11:00 kickoff work too much against them. I may be wrong but I feel like the 11:00 kickoff works against the underdog.

Its at 11:00? Never mind then...Auburn historically sucks on 11:00 AM kickoffs..OM will win

TrapGame
10-27-2015, 09:02 AM
This is going to be a close game. I think Gus gets his guys up for this one. Freeze can't coach well on the road unless you gift wrap him 5 turnovers.

justwin
10-27-2015, 09:09 AM
Been saying for weeks that both Aub & Ark were going to be a tough out. In the last month, Aub has changed QBs, dismissed their cancer WR, lost some DL, and focused more of feeding the big RB. They've played the last two weeks on the road in close games with a group of starters that no one in preseason thought would be playing. Had Louis not dropped 6 passes they easily beat ARK. Now, he's come out this week publically saying how motivated he is....good sign for Aub. Plus, I'm not convinced tha's D is better than Ark. Finally, it's a home game and Aub is going to want to beat a ranked team.

As for Ark, they are going to be 4-4 with a ton of momentum playing OM in 2 weeks.

Johnson85
10-27-2015, 09:53 AM
Been saying for weeks that both Aub & Ark were going to be a tough out. In the last month, Aub has changed QBs, dismissed their cancer WR, lost some DL, and focused more of feeding the big RB. They've played the last two weeks on the road in close games with a group of starters that no one in preseason thought would be playing. Had Louis not dropped 6 passes they easily beat ARK. Now, he's come out this week publically saying how motivated he is....good sign for Aub. Plus, I'm not convinced tha's D is better than Ark. Finally, it's a home game and Aub is going to want to beat a ranked team.

As for Ark, they are going to be 4-4 with a ton of momentum playing OM in 2 weeks.

UM's D is still set up well for Auburn's O. Even though Auburn can run with power, they still are a spread team. If Ark was in Little ROck and Auburn in Oxford, I would bet UM would lose to Ark and beat Auburn. As it is, I think they should win both games, although playing Auburn on the road does at least put that one in range of an upset by Auburn. Provided Freeze doesn't choke a game away, I expect UM to come into Starkville with two losses.

Bubb Rubb
10-27-2015, 09:58 AM

I don't see it. Mississippi is wildly inconsistent, but Auburn is a dumpster fire right now.

msstate7
10-27-2015, 11:50 AM
This could make a huge difference in game...

Lawson practicing
http://www.secrant.com/sec-football/auburn-dl-carl-lawson-will-return-to-practice-today/59734580/

Leroy Jenkins
10-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Lawson coming back would be huge.

Schultzy
10-27-2015, 05:30 PM
I thought Louis was point shaving until the last drive. Dropped a td in overtime too. I'll be watching him closely Saturday.