PDA

View Full Version : Here it is from all angles. How is this overturned?

mstatefan91
10-26-2015, 05:36 PM
Not to beat a horse, but have the rules changed? You cannot see the ball. Therefore, you can't change the call. We've had this happen to us twice now.

Do I believe that he scored? Yes. Do I have indisputable evidence that he scored (enough to change the call on the field)? No.

Just glad that this ultimately had no bearing on the outcome of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_8GrYQq1KI

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 06:07 PM
I thought that was BS too. To me watching from home, it looked like Towles held the ball down by his waist, which is why I think it was called no TD to start with. I don't see how they could overrule it based on the angles that we were presented with on TV. The best angle would have been the East side of the end zone on the goal line.

drunkernhelldawg
10-26-2015, 06:11 PM
Not to beat a horse, but have the rules changed? You cannot see the ball. Therefore, you can't change the call. We've had this happen to us twice now.

Do I believe that he scored? Yes. Do I have indisputable evidence that he scored (enough to change the call on the field)? No.

Just glad that this ultimately had no bearing on the outcome of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_8GrYQq1KI

Great point. I hope we're complaining about this.

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2015, 06:18 PM
I was sitting directly on that goal line. I think he scored. That being said there is no WAY they could tell from those replays where the ball was.

blacklistedbully
10-26-2015, 06:45 PM
In fact, the only time you do see the ball is just after Towles was pushed back a few inches, and the ball is clearly a few inches from the goal-line.

It is entirely possible the ball did not, in fact, reach the goal-line. If you look closely, you can see the bottom of Towles jersey number just reaches the goal-line. If the ball was cradled in his stomach at that moment, it well could have been short. The official with the best view had it well short.

No way it should have been over-turned on review.

Homedawg
10-26-2015, 06:46 PM
While I agree w Liverpool that he probably scored, this is no different than the bama game. No way there was conclusive evidence to overturn it, in either situation. No way.

Jack Lambert
10-26-2015, 07:09 PM
What pissed me off was not giving him the 1st down to begin with. That gave them 5 downs to get it into the endzone.

drunkernhelldawg
10-26-2015, 07:27 PM
Bottom line is we've been screwed over twice by this and we need to make some noise about it.

basedog
10-26-2015, 07:40 PM
The officials took the life away from fans several times, way to many reviews and WAY to long.

Bad decision on the so called TD.

Gatordog
10-26-2015, 07:46 PM
The supreme court can't change the wording of a bill to make it a law but they did with Obamacare. Maybe the officials have deemed themselves above the law? I know I know this is for the politics forum. Only 225 posts more until access. Can't wait!!

jumbo
10-26-2015, 09:37 PM
Yeah the call was bullshit. He most likely did score, but there is no definitive proof of the ball crossing the line so therefore you cannot overturn to no TD call on the field.