PDA

View Full Version : OT...and sad.

BeardoMSU
10-26-2015, 04:58 PM
The wife of the jogger killed by the ex-A&M player committed suicide. Talk about a tragic situation. Geez....

http://www.fox4news.com/news/39366338-story

MSUDawg99
10-26-2015, 05:02 PM
That is so sad & the most horrendous thing I've ever heard. I didn't know the story of the husband's slaying. Just awful!

Taog Redloh
10-26-2015, 05:24 PM
WTF? Where was this story in the national media?

Political Hack
10-26-2015, 05:36 PM
Between this and the OSU story, it's been a gut wrenching week. I get misty every time I think of that little boy that died going to the game.

BeardoMSU
10-26-2015, 06:13 PM
WTF? Where was this story in the national media?

I saw it several places. Did you not?

Percho
10-26-2015, 06:26 PM
For a perspective that is scary. And very, very sad even for a murderer.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/headlines/20151017-from-a-football-field-to-a-murder-scene-ams-rising-star-spiraled-through-madness.ece

gravedigger
10-26-2015, 06:54 PM
I dont know who of you read the article about his story prior to the murder, but i feel like there is something very wrong about this kids relationship to his parents. They could have prevented this and ill go as far to say the diafunctional nature of their relationship created this tragedy.

We as parents of kids who have athletic gifts MUST NEVER let that overshadow their responsibility as humans. This kid was lost in an imaginary world. He was saveable.

We failed as a society. That man and his wife would atull be alive if the kid knew his value was more than what he could contribute as an athlete.

I am not saying the familys who took him in were to blame. Im saying that the kid was neglected by his parents and ignoring his behavior while allowing the recruiting process to deflect the most important issues was.

drunkernhelldawg
10-26-2015, 07:06 PM
I dont know who of you read the article about his story prior to the murder, but i feel like there is something very wrong about this kids relationship to his parents. They could have prevented this and ill go as far to say the diafunctional nature of their relationship created this tragedy.

We as parents of kids who have athletic gifts MUST NEVER let that overshadow their responsibility as humans. This kid was lost in an imaginary world. He was saveable.

We failed as a society. That man and his wife would atull be alive if the kid knew his value was more than what he could contribute as an athlete.

I am not saying the familys who took him in were to blame. Im saying that the kid was neglected by his parents and ignoring his behavior while allowing the recruiting process to deflect the most important issues was.

I agree.

drunkernhelldawg
10-26-2015, 07:25 PM
People who deal with young people have to respect how influential they can subtly be. Not blaming any individual for his delusions, but the seed had to be planted sometime and somewhere.

mparkerfd20
10-26-2015, 08:08 PM
I don't know who's to blame for his childhood, but he killed someone very viciously and should be put to death himself. That fact can not be overlooked.

Taog Redloh
10-26-2015, 08:46 PM
I don't know who's to blame for his childhood, but he killed someone very viciously and should be put to death himself. That fact can not be overlooked.
Yep. Mental illness or not, this guy does not deserve to live. I do not sympathize with violent criminals.

Don't agree? Go tell that to the Stevens' family. I'm a bad guy you say? I've got plenty of Biblical evidence on my side.