PDA

View Full Version : State/Bama Gametime

Big4Dawg
10-26-2015, 04:38 PM
Saw this on SECRant: LSU Arkansas will be on CBS. Alabama MSU will be primetime ESPN. This is regardless of Alabama LSU outcome because Alabama has already been on CBS 3 times. LSU makes 4. CBS can only air a team five times. They will save the fifth for Alabama for the Iron Bowl. LSU has only been on CBS once so they have all remaining games available.

Would love for a night game.

Jack Lambert
10-26-2015, 04:53 PM
Saw this on SECRant: LSU Arkansas will be on CBS. Alabama MSU will be primetime ESPN. This is regardless of Alabama LSU outcome because Alabama has already been on CBS 3 times. LSU makes 4. CBS can only air a team five times. They will save the fifth for Alabama for the Iron Bowl. LSU has only been on CBS once so they have all remaining games available.

Would love for a night game.

Except for the early morning drive home.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2015, 04:54 PM
Id love to play Bama on ESPN at prime time, but I think it's dumb by CBS to hold Bama for the Iron Bowl if they beat LSU.

The Iron Bowl could be between a Bama team that's out of the SEC West hunt and a 5 win Auburn team.

They should take the LSU/Bama winner.

That being said, MSU vs Bama at 6:30 sounds great to me.

LC Dawg
10-26-2015, 05:03 PM
I hope its a night game. I think our crowd will be better at night. The student section will be much rowdier.

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Id love to play Bama on ESPN at prime time, but I think it's dumb by CBS to hold Bama for the Iron Bowl if they beat LSU.

The Iron Bowl could be between a Bama team that's out of the SEC West hunt and a 5 win Auburn team.

They should take the LSU/Bama winner.

That being said, MSU vs Bama at 6:30 sounds great to me.

To CBS the Iron Bowl is the biggest game ever no matter what because there is no other rivalry like in the country anywhere else.** #Groupthink

I'm glad because I think a night game benefits us as opposed to 2:30.

I would actually be totally fine with CBS becoming the Alabama network like ABC is Notre Dame's and just leaving the rest of us the hell alone. And keeping Verne and Gary with them.

Todd4State
10-26-2015, 05:10 PM
I wonder if this also means that the Egg Bowl will be a night game as well?

Liverpooldawg
10-26-2015, 05:38 PM
Screw CBS. A night game is better for atmosphere and if you watch on TV it would mean no Gary or Vern. That's a win all the way around.

Coach34
10-26-2015, 06:10 PM
Always prefer ESPN to CBS...always

It_Could_Happen
10-27-2015, 12:36 AM
Brad Nessler & Todd Blackledge >>>>> Gary and Verne

Todd4State
10-27-2015, 12:59 AM
Brad Nessler & Todd Blackledge >>>>> Gary and Verne

Pam Ward and a chicken >>>>>Gary and Verne

Dawgfan77
10-27-2015, 05:29 AM
Herb and fowler is my guess if we get the espn night game.

Dawgface
10-27-2015, 06:46 AM
Agree, prefer the prime time night game. The stadium will be rocking.

msstate7
10-27-2015, 07:27 AM
Herb and fowler is my guess if we get the espn night game.

If it's night game, herb does abc games though, right?

Dawgfan77
10-27-2015, 07:29 AM
If it's night game, herb does abc games though, right?
Does the espn game as well. Has done a few Bear games

TUSK
10-27-2015, 11:07 AM
To CBS the Iron Bowl is the biggest game ever no matter what because there is no other rivalry like in the country anywhere else.** #Groupthink

I'm glad because I think a night game benefits us as opposed to 2:30.

I would actually be totally fine with CBS becoming the Alabama network like ABC is Notre Dame's and just leaving the rest of us the hell alone. And keeping Verne and Gary with them.

I like all of that, Todd...

EdDawg
10-27-2015, 11:17 AM
I want anything but cbs. I can't stand listening to Verne say "Wow" after every other play. "Wow did you see that 1 yard run by Henry, he really hits the hole hard."