PDA

View Full Version : Unsung Heroes: Deshea Townsend and Tony Hughes

MSUDawg4Life
10-26-2015, 11:36 AM
These guys deserve some kudos for taking what many said was the weakest part of our team and - after losing their best two players - managed to prepare the guys to play very well.

Job well done.

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2015, 11:38 AM
No doubt. They've done one hell of a job this season. And they're two of our best recruiters.

starkvegasdawg
10-26-2015, 11:51 AM
I'll agree with this on Townsend, but I am not as sold on our safeties. Several times this season they have taken bad angles or been completely out of position. I also look at Jonathan Banks. His first season he was a CB and played to a very high level. Next year they moved him to safety and he completely disappeared. A move back to CB and all of a sudden he becomes an elite NFL prospect again. You can't tell me an elite NFL caliber CB would have a hard time making the move on safety. That tells me it's scheme and coaching.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-26-2015, 12:09 PM
I'll agree with this on Townsend, but I am not as sold on our safeties. Several times this season they have taken bad angles or been completely out of position. I also look at Jonathan Banks. His first season he was a CB and played to a very high level. Next year they moved him to safety and he completely disappeared. A move back to CB and all of a sudden he becomes an elite NFL prospect again. You can't tell me an elite NFL caliber CB would have a hard time making the move on safety. That tells me it's scheme and coaching.

Banks made his big plays his freshman year at safety. He started his freshman year at CB then was moved to safety his last 6-7 games & started at free safety. That's when he had 2 picks against Middle TN & Tebow. They moved him back to CB the spring before his Soph year & that's where he stayed.