PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the scoop on C J Johnson checking into rehab?

Todd4State
07-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Hanging with Brassell too much? Or hanging out with Yancy too much?

Coach34
07-28-2013, 12:21 AM
I'll be surprised if this is true. Usually if this happens for a 20 yr old- it's to escape going to jail or after an OD

CadaverDawg
07-28-2013, 12:25 AM
If true, I'll be over at the microwave getting my popcorn ready if you guys need me...

Gen. Grant
07-28-2013, 01:11 AM
If true, I'll be over at the microwave getting my popcorn ready if you guys need me...

Ill bring the drinks! Wow if true, shit is spinning out of control for the reverend. Surely his "faith based recruiting" pitch to parents has to be getting watered down. An incident like this could really hurt his message to parents. I would hate to exploit a situation like this if the kid really needs help,but this should be out in the open. The Oxford propaganda machine has done a good job in suppressing negative events. Parents need to know that it is impossible to reconcile the lies that Hugh Freeze spews about his clean program and the stuff that really happens in oxford. They push a message of endless partying and debauchery yet they will defend to the death the crusade that Freeze is allegedly leading for the souls of young men. Parents of recruits, if Hugh Freeze tells you that your children are in a safe and moral environment by choosing Oxford over any other college town--he is lying!

Todd4State
07-28-2013, 01:40 AM
Ill bring the drinks! Wow if true, shit is spinning out of control for the reverend. Surely his "faith based recruiting" pitch to parents has to be getting watered down. An incident like this could really hurt his message to parents. I would hate to exploit a situation like this if the kid really needs help,but this should be out in the open. The Oxford propaganda machine has done a good job in suppressing negative events. Parents need to know that it is impossible to reconcile the lies that Hugh Freeze spews about his clean program and the stuff that really happens in oxford. They push a message of endless partying and debauchery yet they will defend to the death the crusade that Freeze is allegedly leading for the souls of young men. Parents of recruits, if Hugh Freeze tells you that your children are in a safe and moral environment by choosing Oxford over any other college town--he is lying!

Well, two of their commits visited MSU today- the Moore twins from Bassfield.

Obviously, I have no idea if the C J Johnson rumors are true or not, but we all know how they like to cover things and this rumors just seems to have all of a sudden come out of left field.

It's crazy. They win the Egg Bowl and the Hall of Fame Bowl and now all of a sudden it's time to break out the cocaine and pot.

Political Hack
07-28-2013, 06:17 AM
No worries guys. It's probably a faith based rehab.

If this is true, I seriously hope he gets his crap together. It's a shame to see talent after talent just flush their career down the damn toilet by choosing Ole Miss.

sbcmortgageman
07-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Where'd you hear this from?

FlabLoser
07-28-2013, 08:59 AM
No way this information goes public. Medical privacy law, etc etc

Todd4State
07-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Where'd you hear this from?

On 247

msstate7
07-28-2013, 09:23 AM
On 247

I'm from Philadelphia and I haven't heard anything like this. I'm not in with the ones that bought cj though.

DogBanker
07-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Wall Street journal needs to get ahold of this story. Start it from Wallace getting into fights at frat houses, to the incident in May, the Brassell situation, and now this. Hell add in the pictures from recruiting visits. Could be a big big story.

hailmari
07-28-2013, 10:40 AM
What kind of rehab, though? Physical therapy?**

FlabLoser
07-28-2013, 09:42 PM
I hear CJJ likes pain killers too much.

RougeDawg
07-29-2013, 12:04 PM
No worries guys. It's probably a faith based rehab.

If this is true, I seriously hope he gets his crap together. It's a shame to see talent after talent just flush their career down the damn toilet by choosing Ole Miss.

Track record of all these 4-5* talented guys going to Oxford only to be a has been memory. Pat Pat, t. Singleton, Brassell, I could go on and on but these 3 come off the top of my head. It's also a shame that our coaches cannot sell this idea to recruits and their parents as well. We could easily make a list of top talent that's gone up there and is no longer a part of OM football, and easily paint the picture to these 17-18 year olds and their families about the culture differences in each program/university/city.

But then again $ will make people do some pretty stupid things and make some incredibly dumb choices in life.

Dawgfan77
07-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Doesn't matter what you tell the kids when momma and the kid are getting paid.